• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It's not just them. There's a lot of other Modders who can do stuff too. Sure, they're specifically working on Project M, but most other Modders don't bother to do much at all. Keep in mind I am not expecting original characters for a long time, if ever. But more than just skins would be great, and I don't mean for Project M, but in general. I don't find skins all that impressive on their own.

But is nice they might add ones like Lyn into the game. Much like Shadow was done ages ago, and a fairly bad version of Waluigi(it had great ideas and had a neat moveset, but it was glitchy).
I'm getting the impression you think PM is just Brawl that plays like Melee plus skins. They have added more than just skins,
I mean turbo mode is completely new too. Whose to say they can''t create new modes as well; along with possibly new characters?

I'm not even that big of a PM junkie (Actually I'm playing it now for practically the first time (I wanted to wait for Yoshi)), But I think there is potential in PM mod.
But to be perfectly honest, ill probably drop the mod in a heart beat once SSB4 comes out. :laugh:

All I am gonna say is be patient and see what they do moving on.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
And my last statement Was correct. They clearly couldn't handle it because they had to modify it. Even if it was in favor of fans- they had no business redrawing was brawl was. Yes it was bad, but that's the way it came out, and it should of been respected. But clearly that's not happening.
And if you knew anything about IPs and all of the ex miscellany associated with copyright, you'd know you're talking right out of your asshole. They have every right to modify the game how they see fit as long as they don't make a profit.

And how about that Pokemon Showdown, eh? Fancy that, grafting the battle system from Pokemon like they did...

Once you release things out into the wide world, kiddies, it's not just yours anymore. You have to share.

Smooth Criminal

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm getting the impression you think PM is just Brawl that plays like Melee plus skins. They have added more than just skins,
I mean turbo mode is completely new too. Whose to say they can''t create new modes as well; along with possibly new characters?

I'm not even that big of a PM junkie (Actually I'm playing it now for practically the first time (I wanted to wait for Yoshi)), But I think there is potential in PM mod.
But to be perfectly honest, ill probably drop the mod in a heart beat once SSB4 comes out. :laugh:

All I am gonna say is be patient and see what they do moving on.
Of course it has potential. But it needs to not worry about being similar to Melee and more unique. Akin to what SSB4 is doing. Of course, calling it Project M was going to doom it to always be thought of as Melee-like...

Yeah, it was, but Taven was still pretty cool. Was surprised they even added a demigod character by that point in the series.
Funny thing is, that's practically what Shao Kahn is. He never was shown as a true God, just hinted at. He's immensely powerful in the Hercules style, and definitely vulnerable against powerful characters like himself.

The bosses not getting exclusive fatalities as a result of the game's lame "create-a-fatality" system was worse, honestly. As for almost everyone feeling similar, was bound to happen when they included everyone up to that point in the series, including the characters who were clearly made to be clones of others' movesets like Chameleon. Shujinko I could see them de-cloning in the future though if they really tried. I liked his character, but being a Kung Lao with stolen moves was "meh".
Keep in mind that I consider "Kreate-A-Fatality" part of the "everybody feels too similar" part. I agree that was another knock against it. But the Kreate-A-Kharacter mode, easy to pull off stage fatalities, especially in Training Mode, and Khameleon made up heavily for it to me. Also, the kontrols are amazing on the Wii version, having more than one scheme ala Brawl. I actually used this game to practice using the Wiimote Nunchuck combo. It paid off at the Brawl Premiere Tourney. I didn't win the tourney or even get past the second round, but I was pretty comfy with the controls. Mind you, the tourney wasn't great with only Battlefield and Items, but it was fun~

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Quick sidenote: The update that enables miiverse and account joining to Wii U is now available on the 3DS.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
And if you knew anything about IPs and all of the ex miscellany associated with copyright, you'd know you're talking right out of your *******. They have every right to modify the game how they see fit as long as they don't make a profit.

And how about that Pokemon Showdown, eh? Fancy that, grafting the battle system from Pokemon like they did...

Once you release things out into the wide world, kiddies, it's not just yours anymore. You have to share.

Smooth Criminal
You talking morally or legally? Morally entirely subjective. It's up to you. Or Typhl0si0n. Or whoever. Anyone can say what they want. And Typhl0si0n was clearly talking about morals anyway. He wasn't saying Project M was something the can't be done, just something he believes shouldn't be done.
Legally? There's all sorts of ways you can get in trouble without actually profiting off of something, and non profit, non pirating fan projects using copywrited characters and such have been given cease and deists with threats of legal action before. As to whether or not Project M in particular could legally be made to stop by Nintendo, I'm not sure and I don't think it matters because Nintendo doesn't seem to care much about fan projects.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Quick sidenote: The update that enables miiverse and account joining to Wii U is now available on the 3DS.
The eshops on both 3DS and Wii U are unnacessible because of it. Does anyone know when the maintenance is suppose to end?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The eshops on both 3DS and Wii U are unnacessible because of it. Does anyone know when the maintenance is suppose to end?
After I did the update, i got a prompt to get a pokemon X 1.1 patch on the eshop. so i guess the eShop works only after the update,

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
After I did the update, i got a prompt to get a pokemon X 1.1 patch on the eshop. so i guess the eShop works only after the update,
No, I did the update and the eshop isn't working. From what I've seen in comments around the web, the eshop isn't working for anyone. The Streetpass update also won't work.

EDIT: The eshop is working again for the 3DS. Takes longer to open up now.
Working on Wii U as well :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I had no problems with eshop. I downloaded the demo of Sonic Lost World. Good game, IMO. I just need a 3DSXL or 2DS to play it on. Not comfy with my hands right now. It's why I prefer stylus(easier to do) or very slow games. Pokemon is perfect.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
So close Nintendo- merging purchases should be next. I would love to eventually play Earthbound on my 3DS using my Wii U purchase instead of re-buying.

BTW, Screens of Smash For 3DS look great on Miiverse on 3DS. Gives you a decent idea on how the game would look on those screens.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hehe, been doodlin' in the Smash Miiverse on my 3DS. Made two posts for Ridley, one for Mach Rider and one for Saki.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqFk3Ec8gA

Marth's Shield Breaker was buffed. I'm assuming some of his other attacks will recieve a little bti of nerfing because of this.

Also, I had a dream about SSB4's roster last night.

I only unlocked three characters. The starting roster had all of Brawl's starters, along with Mega Man.

I unlocked Ridley (using his Other M design) King K. Rool, and instead of Dixie Kong, the roster had Chunky Kong.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqFk3Ec8gA

Marth's Shield Breaker was buffed. I'm assuming some of his other attacks will recieve a little bti of nerfing because of this.

Also, I had a dream about SSB4's roster last night.

I only unlocked three characters. The starting roster had all of Brawl's starters, along with Mega Man.

I unlocked Ridley (using his Other M design) King K. Rool, and instead of Dixie Kong, the roster had Chunky Kong.
I like everything but the Chunky part. That's only good for soup. :awesome:

I prefer Lanky Kong if we had someone straight from DK64. He's pretty funny.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I like everything but the Chunky part. That's only good for soup. :awesome:

I prefer Lanky Kong if we had someone straight from DK64. He's pretty funny.
I'd prefer Tiny over either of them. Absolutely loved her in DK64 and still do after the redesign that people apparently whine about. XD

But having Tiny and Dixie at the same time has potential to be incredibly redundant...Granted, Tiny does have her own moves, but still. ¦<

Edit: Oh wait, you guys are talking about Smash, not DKCRTF. Whoops! =D

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

"Marth has typically been one of the better characters in Smash. So I've decided to make him even better!"
Paraphrasing here...
[collapse=Actual quote]Pic of the day. There weren't a lot of people who used the Shield Breaker to break people's shields, so we've now made it much more powerful. This pic is from immediately after a shield break.[/collapse]
If they are looking at and tweaking unused moves I wonder what they will do to Jigglypuff's (if returning) Sing move.
I think it would be cool if she had a projectile move. Maybe using Disarming Voice??

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

"Marth has typically been one of the better characters in Smash. So I've decided to make him even better!"
Paraphrasing here...
[collapse=Actual quote]Pic of the day. There weren't a lot of people who used the Shield Breaker to break people's shields, so we've now made it much more powerful. This pic is from immediately after a shield break.[/collapse]
If they are looking at and tweaking unused moves I wonder what they will do to Jigglypuff's (if returning) Sing move.
I think it would be cool if she had a projectile move. Maybe using Disarming Voice??
I'm not sure what Sakurai is thinking in buffing the shield breaker. It's not like Marth needs it to be good. Is he just trying to make every move in the game usable? Because that's quite the endeavour.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
*****, don't tell me to shut up. You have no authority over me.
You too. You guys don't like my opinion, then fine. Don't be stupid about it.
Woah, dude, what's going on?
What difference does it make that they choose to modify a game from the series they love to make it, in their eyes, better?
None, sir, I think it makes them all the more noble.

They have the 'authority' to tell you to shut up, you have the choice not to listen and not to obey, 'tis simple.
I won't because I want your response. Why do you have this absolutely cynical perspective on the Project: Melee team? It's like the people who absolutely hate fanfiction in all its forms, and while I agree it is one thing entirely to do derivative work because one has no creative ability, the Project: Melee team has proven their creative ability with all the additions and changes, why make a new game with boring characters that nobody knows and good gameplay when they can get good characters for a fraction of the cost? There is no good economizing reason not to.
If you can't handle the opinion appropriately, than you shouldn't have responded. I don't need to go keyboard commando- this is true. But being a jerk and telling me to flat out shut up is stupid on your part.

And my last statement Was correct. They clearly couldn't handle it because they had to modify it. Even if it was in favor of fans- they had no business redrawing was brawl was. Yes it was bad, but that's the way it came out, and it should of been respected. But clearly that's not happening.
They've descended into name-calling and the like, don't fall to their realm.
And no, that statement has so many possible confounding variables it's not even funny, why could not they modify it out of love? I'm a Stream Monster, and I've listened to Wizz and JCeasar and a bunch of guys (pretty much everyone in the competitive Smash community) express their passion for this series as a whole (including Brawl), and if I am any read of character, it was not a fake expression at all. Okay, if I were to take that cynical perspective, then why not say that all games originating from the Quake engine (there's a crapton of them) were all just produced because they couldn't handle Quake Arena 3, and it was too hard or too easy for them? No. Sir, your estimation of the reason why people do things, of purposeful and deliberate action, I think, is wildly off.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Project M: Brawl mod that caters to the competitive community and fuel for flame wars. It's funny and depressing at the time how people treat a game as something so serious, then again, people always need an excuse to feel themselves better than the others. It's human nature, after all... :smirk:

Personally, I don't care one bit about Project M. I don't need fancy mods to enjoy a game.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Project M: Brawl mod that caters to the competitive community and fuel for flame wars. It's funny and depressing at the time how people treat a game as something so serious, then again, people always need an excuse to feel themselves better than the others. It's human nature, after all... :smirk:

Personally, I don't care one bit about Project M. I don't need fancy mods to enjoy a game.
That's why I consider Project M to be severely overrated, especially when people compare it to a true Smash game.
I want to play it to see what it's like, but I'll probably find myself going back to Brawl in the long run. Plus Melee is a very likely Christmas gift for me.
No I don't own Melee. Please don't hurt me.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

To be fair Project M still has items and all that allowed along with a new "Turbo Mode" that is no where near being for competitiveness and is meant totally for sh*ts and giggles. It actually has stuff "casuals" or "hardcore yet non-competitive" players to enjoy, though the latter is more likely to get it then the former since casuals probably don't even know about the mod. lol

A more correct statement would be is that it caters to the "hardcore" community rather then just the "competitive" just in it being a mod.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'll play P:M once there is a PAL version available. Until then...
Well, seems I can't try Project M either. I have the PAL version too.
Not that it changes my opinion regarding it anyway.

That's why I consider Project M to be severely overrated, especially when people compare it to a true Smash game.
I want to play it to see what it's like, but I'll probably find myself going back to Brawl in the long run. Plus Melee is a very likely Christmas gift for me.
No I don't own Melee. Please don't hurt me.
Well, I can't say much about Project M since I have never tried it and I'm not interested in it either. (Not to mention that I have the PAL version of the game.)

To be honest, I never liked the idea of game mods. I think it's disrespectful towards the creators of the original games. Of course, not everyone agrees with this nor do I expect everyone to agree with it either.

Sir, I disagree, it is a disordered product of the moral degradation of our times!
Whatever you mean by "moral degradation of our times"?
No offense, but you sound like those people who hold the past as being always better than the present. I kind of dislike that viewpoint.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Isn't there an entire board for this type of discussion?
Oh like anyone actually discusses things that are on topic in this thread anyway. Let them rage at each other until everything dies down or a Mod/Admin shuts them up. ¦D

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I always did like double-stuffed Oreos as a kid. Not when they're forced on me though. ¦D;

Seriously forum, stop that. ¦(

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
No offense, but you sound like those people who hold the past as being always better than the present. I kind of dislike that viewpoint.
:p

I was being silly. But you must admit that it is certainly a possibility.
I prefer not to have such a cynical look on humanity. While there are plenty of bad people that think that way, there are certainly a large number of people who have a strong sense of intrinsic worth, or even a small degree thereof, to cast away with such petty reasons to feel 'good' about themselves. Even the smallest measure of humility allows someone to acknowledge their failures, and I've seen plenty of people who become disgusted at such 'excuses to make themselves feel better'. To say that it is a universal law of humanity, I think, is more folly than any other proclamation, seeing how complicated humans are and how awesome they can be. Yes, I realize most of this is anecdotal~

I no more hold that the past is better than the present than the people who say that the future is always better than the present. Both are silly views.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Whoa, I see temperatures rising...

But I guess I'll inject my opinion into it too. :p

The only reason I'm excited for Project M is because they brought back Mewtwo, Roy and Dr. Mario. And the awesome alt costumes.

I personally prefer Brawl.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The past is only better than the present in certain instances.
Case and point: Nintendo's 3rd and 2nd Party support during the SNES to N64 era is loads better than it is now. (But that is subject to change)
But ALWAYS better? Nah, that's crazy talk.
There isn't something that is always better than something else.

On Topic: What other characters have moves that no one really uses??
All I got is Jiggly's Sing

Louie G.

Smash Hero
All I got is Jiggly's Sing
I feel like Sing is almost useless, but should definitely stay for the sake of representing Jiggs in the best way possible.
Tbh, I would switch up all her specials.

N-Special: Sing
S-Speical: Rollout
U-Special: Fairy Wind (Just an idea I had)
D-Special: Rest

This way Jiggs has a better recovery. Sing's utility should really be buffed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom