• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice

By the way like I said before in my poem
butthurt is beautiful
That wasn't butthurt. That was a question that I know no one has a good answer for.

And I will hate. Those flick-tick chumps can't handle brawl for what it is, so they shamelessly mod it for their liking. I mean, I've never seen anyone do that to the recent Mario games.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Project M vs Smash 4 debates are gonna be so fun.

I'm just gonna sit back and laugh at all of you while simultaneously kicking all of your asses at both games. :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He has a legitimate question here; Why aren't they trying to make a unique game with all the awesome stuff they can do.

Everything else is pointless attitude and every answer towards him was terrible and doesn't make his question any less legitimate.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
He has a legitimate question here; Why aren't they trying to make a unique game with all the awesome stuff they can do.

Why waste literally thousands of hours creating an entirely new game engine, character models, physics, etc. when the foundation is already there to work from? To prevent Brawl homers like Typhlosion from complaining? LOL

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice

Everything else is pointless attitude and every answer towards him was terrible and doesn't make his question any less legitimate.
Yeah I'm sorry. I'm a bit fired up because I just got out of work- but that doesn't make it right for me to be negative.

Seriously though- why don't they make their own game?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You know, this argument about Project M vs. SSB4 is going to be hilarious in hindsight if the latter gets a spiritual successor to Project M.

*****, don't tell me to shut up. You have no authority over me.

You too. You guys don't like my opinion, then fine. Don't be stupid about it.

Anyways, what does the new item fire?
Aye man you don't need to come at me foul cussin' n' sh*t. Goin' hard behind a computer screen don't mean nothin. If you can't deal with criticism then keep your opinion to yourself.

As far as your previous statement, you're wrong, I'm pretty sure those developers can handle both games,especially Brawl; game is easier than a Jersey hooker (tech skill wise). They made project M not just so it can be like Melee, but add content to the game that fans wanted. It's ridiculous notions like yours that make efforts such as theirs go in vain.

If you don't like the game then kick rocks instead of instigating some ****.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Why waste literally thousands of hours creating an entirely new game engine, character models, physics, etc. when the foundation is already there to work from? To prevent Brawl homers like Typhlosion from complaining? LOL
First off I'm not a brawl homer. I love Melee the best out of the three. I believe that someone taking someone else's baseline to create something that more favorable is not only metaphorically spitting in the original creator's face, but is also abusing their abilities.

First off I'm not a brawl homer. I love Melee the best out of the three. I believe that someone taking someone else's baseline to create something that more favorable is not only metaphorically spitting in the original creator's face, but is also abusing their abilities.
I can understand what you mean, as some character changes are a bit questionable and created with the intent of making their favorites better , however I believe they are just trying to approach smash as a tournament fighter , similar to how SkullGirls was created with competition in mind . In the end it's just fan service. Who knows maybe they will work on another game considering how far they have gone from simply replicating L canceling and adding stun. Personally, I would rather just play Melee.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Project M vs Smash 4 debates are gonna be so fun.

I'm just gonna sit back and laugh at all of you while simultaneously kicking all of your ***** at both games. :)
This is the correct attitude to have.

Just enjoy both games.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That wasn't butthurt. That was a question that I know no one has a good answer for.

And I will hate. Those flick-tick chumps can't handle brawl for what it is, so they shamelessly mod it for their liking. I mean, I've never seen anyone do that to the recent Mario games.

It's not that they can't accept Brawl for what it is, it's that they can't enjoy it.

Brawl's physics were significantly different from Melee, the changes were so significant and some players found the game almost unenjoyable, espescially when compared to Melee. Because so many fans weren't pleased with how Brawl's gameplay turned out, a group of fans modded it to be more like Melee.

While I do hate it when people keep on insisting Brawl is a terrible game (as though it were a fact) I don't mind it when people who prefer Melee simply say it's their opinion that they don't like Brawl.

Now that I've said all that, I'm getting the hell out of here before a Brawl VS Melee debate occurs.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
You know what? **** Project M. If they're so good at recrating a game, why don't they just make their own game with their own characters, etc.?

Modding, is a good way for new programmers to get their feet wet into the field.

Now as to why they don't make their own game?
Have you heard of Fright Fight? What about most recently Air Dash Online?

These games are original games that are built off of the style and mechanics of smash bros.
How come these games aren't popular?
Well... because quite frankly no one cares.

Sometimes its easier to work off of the foundation of other games to create your own thing. If there is already an audience familiar with the core game, then why not capitalize off of it???

I mean these are games that once started as mods:
Counter-Strike
Day of Defeat
Team Fortress
Red Orchestra
Natural Selection 2

Who knows what PM 4.0 will play like 6 to 9 months from now, it can practically be its own game. I mean Turbo mode and new mechanics such as the ones Samus posses in PM 3.0 aren't even in the original smash games. These guys have the opportunity to take the game down a direction Sakurai may have shied away from

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Aye man you don't need to come at me foul cussin' n' sh*t. Goin' hard behind a computer screen don't mean nothin. If you can't deal with criticism then keep your opinion to yourself.

As far as your previous statement, you're wrong, I'm pretty sure those developers can handle both games,especially Brawl; game is easier than a Jersey hooker (tech skill wise). They made project M not just so it can be like Melee, but add content to the game that fans wanted. It's ridiculous notions like yours that make efforts such as theirs go in vain.

If you don't like the game then kick rocks instead of instigating some ****.
If you can't handle the opinion appropriately, than you shouldn't have responded. I don't need to go keyboard commando- this is true. But being a jerk and telling me to flat out shut up is stupid on your part.

And my last statement Was correct. They clearly couldn't handle it because they had to modify it. Even if it was in favor of fans- they had no business redrawing was brawl was. Yes it was bad, but that's the way it came out, and it should of been respected. But clearly that's not happening.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
why hate though playa? I mean, these are simply people who weren't satisfied with the product they were given (namely Brawl) so they decided to make their own version

I like Brawl but Project M looks pretty dope, in my honest opinion, and I respect that they're taking a productive approach to the whole thing

I don't see what's "shameful" about any of that, especially since they could easily wait for another Smash game or just ignore Brawl altogether

as to your question, why would they even want to make an entirely new game in the first place? better yet, what would be the point or benefit or so when they could easily use their talents and resources to something they actually want to do (such as Project M)? I mean, you feel me?

anyway, none of this probably makes any sense lol but that's just the way I see it

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Modding, is a good way for new programmers to get their feet wet into the field.

Now as to why they don't make their own game?
Have you heard of Fright Fight? What about most recently Air Dash Online?

These games are original games that are built off of the style and mechanics of smash bros.
How come these games aren't popular?
Well... because quite frankly no one cares.

Sometimes its easier to work off of the foundation of other games to create your own thing. If there is already an audience familiar with the core game, then

I mean these are games that once started as mods:
Counter-Strike
Day of Defeat
Team Fortress
Red Orchestra
Natural Selection 2

Who knows what PM 4.0 will play like 6 to 9 months from now, it can practically be its own game. I mean Turbo mode and new mechanics such as the ones Samus posses in PM 3.0 aren't even in the original smash games. These guys have the opportunity to take the game down a direction Sakurai may have shied away from
So what's stopping them from attempting to make their own characters at the very least? Not just redoing someone else's work. People have done it before when the option was available(3D Dot Game Heroes, many Wrestling games).

That is kind of the point. They can fully modify the game engine, but it means little if they don't try to make their own unique characters. They already have shown the ability to make an actual character with different moves than what is programmed. They fully created a variation on a working Shadow(who can pull out guns). Even if they have to slightly use some of the game's items for some abilities, that's okay. But they can certainly do better than "same game but more" and simply skins. That's what I think the problem is; Not enough trying to be unique. It's not that hard to do a skin or make some character playable from another existing game with a skin. Now, I do admit it might be pretty hard to make your own skin, but not impossible. People have fully created their own courses and such using PC Mods of Sonic games, even 3D ones. People have made their own custom items and characters in Zelda Classic. I do think they can easily pull this off with enough work.

Here's the thing; In order for it to be their own game, they need to make their own courses and characters. As it is now, it's still pretty much Smash with a variation. Smash Flash feels far more original to me since they have new courses, different mechanics, and even original characters. Now, it's not a great game like the SSB ones are, but they did try to be unique. That's what I I want to see here.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
This conversation is as dumb as rocks. Moving on- what does that new item fire?
It fires small torpedoes that start out slow, but speed up as time goes on.

Also, the Project M team will be adding pretty much brand new content, like the high possibility of playable Lyn and Isaac.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So what's stopping them from attempting to make their own characters at the very least?
Wouldn't that pretty much defeat the purpose of doing a Brawl mod?

And they have added custom content. There are legit new stages(alongside returning Melee stages and Brawl stages with new layouts and mechanics), new costumes, a whole new game mode, and a new item.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lyn and Isaac aren't exactly characters to write home about

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Other than some personal feelings towards mods in general (sorry but they'll never fully fulfill my desire for a new official Smash game), honestly the only thing I have against Project M itself is that a lot of the fun changes and additions are only available with Melee settings among other changes.

I like vanilla Brawl better, so I'm definitely jealous to see a mod that has Mewtwo and Roy. :laugh:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So what's stopping them from attempting to make their own characters at the very least? Not just redoing someone else's work. People have done it before when the option was available(3D Dot Game Heroes, many Wrestling games).

That is kind of the point. They can fully modify the game engine, but it means little if they don't try to make their own unique characters. They already have shown the ability to make an actual character with different moves than what is programmed. They fully created a variation on a working Shadow(who can pull out guns). Even if they have to slightly use some of the game's items for some abilities, that's okay. But they can certainly do better than "same game but more" and simply skins. That's what I think the problem is; Not enough trying to be unique. It's not that hard to do a skin or make some character playable another existing game with a skin. Now, I do admit it might be pretty hard to make your own skin, but not impossible. People have fully created their own courses and such using PC Mods of Sonic games, even 3D ones. People have made their own custom items and characters in Zelda Classic. I do think they can easily pull this off with enough work.

Here's the thing; In order for it to be their own game, they need to make their own courses and characters. As it is now, it's still pretty much Smash with a variation. Smash Flash feels far more original to me since they have new courses, different mechanics, and even original characters. Now, it's not a great game like the SSB ones are, but they did try to be unique. That's what I I want to see here.
Well its too early to knock them for not adding new characters, when their main goal so far was to balance and add the existing cast. (They finally added Yoshi)
They aren't trying to recreate Melee, they are trying to make their ideal smash game (Which so happens to draw heavily from Melee). Otherwise they wouldn't have taken the time to revamp characters moves (Zelda's Din fire traps) and properties (DK given the ability to roll off of edges).

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
As do I. Although I immensely enjoyed Armageddon, but not its Konquest Mode. That was really boring, and it was too easy to die over dumb puzzles.
I couldn't even finish Armageddon's Konquest Mode lol it was that bad

I loved Deception's Konquest though, it was nice being able to explore the various realms a little more in-depth for once

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well its too early to knock them for not adding new characters, when their main goal so far was to balance and add the existing cast. (They finally added Yoshi)
They aren't trying to recreate Melee, they are trying to make their ideal smash game (Which so happens to draw heavily from Melee). Otherwise they wouldn't have taken the time to revamp characters moves (Zelda's Din fire traps) and properties (DK given the ability to roll off of edges).
It's not just them. There's a lot of other Modders who can do stuff too. Sure, they're specifically working on Project M, but most other Modders don't bother to do much at all. Keep in mind I am not expecting original characters for a long time, if ever. But more than just skins would be great, and I don't mean for Project M, but in general. I don't find skins all that impressive on their own.

But is nice they might add ones like Lyn into the game. Much like Shadow was done ages ago, and a fairly bad version of Waluigi(it had great ideas and had a neat moveset, but it was glitchy).

I loved Deception's Konquest though, it was nice being able to explore the various realms a little more in-depth for once
Pretty much. But playing as everyone was great. I just wish the Wii version had online, the only thing that made it somewhat bad. I'd give it an 8/10 otherwise. Namely cause of the poor Konquest Mode and almost everybody feeling similar. I also felt that bosses not getting weapons was kind of lazy. Like Onaga.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The only thing I have against Project M is that they're choosing to make some things very close to Melee when making them unique to Project M itself would be of a greater benefit imo.

Lyn and Isaac aren't exactly characters to write home about
Lyn and Isaac are characters to not leave home about. :awesome:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ignoring the Brawl/SSB4 vs Project M crap that I've had enough of already,

As do I. Although I immensely enjoyed Armageddon, but not its Konquest Mode. That was really boring, and it was too easy to die over dumb puzzles.
Yeah, it was, but Taven was still pretty cool. Was surprised they even added a demigod character by that point in the series.

What I wouldn't give for the return of that sort of adventure mode in MK, or even just to see the Chaos and Order realms again. With how unpopular Shujinko was though, I don't see that kind of thing happening again.

Pretty much. But playing as everyone was great. I just wish the Wii version had online, the only thing that made it somewhat bad. I'd give it an 8/10 otherwise. Namely cause of the poor Konquest Mode and almost everybody feeling similar. I also felt that bosses not getting weapons was kind of lazy. Like Onaga.
The bosses not getting exclusive fatalities as a result of the game's lame "create-a-fatality" system was worse, honestly. As for almost everyone feeling similar, was bound to happen when they included everyone up to that point in the series, including the characters who were clearly made to be clones of others' movesets like Chameleon. Shujinko I could see them de-cloning in the future though if they really tried. I liked his character, but being a Kung Lao with stolen moves was "meh".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom