• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Brawl bores me but I loved Brawl+, which is P:M's roots to begin with. P:M has taken what I loved about Brawl+ and made it significantly more enjoyable and added a lot of very fun and interesting content. I love it. :3

Smash 4? Meh, hasn't done anything to impress me yet. Mario, Sonic and Mega Man being in the same game together is probably the only thing I can actually name that I consistently like about it right now. Well, that and Miss Fit, but that's for all of the wrong reasons. ¦D

I'm basically at a point to where if Smash 4 starts looking better and more interesting over time, I'll probably get it and enjoy both it and P:M. If it still leaves me disinterested by the time it's out, I won't waste my money and I'll just enjoy P:M instead. Win-Win situation.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I feel like Sing is almost useless, but should definitely stay for the sake of representing Jiggs in the best way possible.
Tbh, I would switch up all her specials.

N-Special: Sing
S-Speical: Rollout
U-Special: Fairy Wind (Just an idea I had)
D-Special: Rest

This way Jiggs has a better recovery. Sing's utility should really be buffed though.
I mean Sing could have been implemented into Jiggly's Final Smash.
That way it could free up a special for something else.

I like fairy wind though, how would it work??

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I don't see how mods are inherently disrespectful to the original creator of the work being modified. Can somebody explain this line of thinking?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The past is only better than the present in certain instances.

Case and point Nintendo's 3rd and 2nd Party support during the SNES to N64 era

But ALWAYS better? Nah, that's crazy talk.
There isn't something that is always better than something else.
That's what I was trying to say. With time, things can change both positively and negatively.

I specifically stated that I disliked the viewpoint of some people that always hold the past in high regard.

On Topic: What other characters have moves that no one really uses??
All I got is Jiggly's Sing
Jigglypuff's Sing wouldn't be so useless if the sleep time was a bit longer, because by the time Jigglypuff finishes singing, the opponent usually has already woken up.

I actually use Mario's FLUDD from time to time, but it could be buffed a little bit. I think that the fact that Brawl made edges to be grabbed so easily (you know, the "magnetic edges") made the move rather inefficient. The simple removal of that mechanic is already beneficial for FLUDD.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Brawl bores me but I loved Brawl+, which is P:M's roots to begin with. P:M has taken what I loved about Brawl+ and made it significantly more enjoyable and added a lot of very fun and interesting content. I love it. :3

Smash 4? Meh, hasn't done anything to impress me yet. Mario, Sonic and Mega Man being in the same game together is probably the only thing I can actually name that I consistently like about it right now. Well, that and Miss Fit, but that's for all of the wrong reasons. ¦D

I'm basically at a point to where if Smash 4 starts looking better and more interesting over time, I'll probably get it and enjoy both it and P:M. If it still leaves me disinterested by the time it's out, I won't waste my money and I'll just enjoy P:M instead. Win-Win situation.
Are you kidding me?
You would skip out on a GENUINE Smash game to play a mod that plays like a 10 year old Smash game?
Project M is cool, but come on...
I mean Sing could have been implemented into Jiggly's Final Smash.
That way it could free up a special for something else.

I like fairy wind though how would it work??
That would work too suppose. Jiggs could get Peach's and Peach could get something new.
Fairy Wind I imagine working something like this. Jiggs is lifted up with a gust of wind, and the wind has little sparkles in it. It doesn't do any damage from the front, but the back can paralyze you for a second or two.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Are you kidding me?
You would skip out on a GENUINE Smash game to play a mod that plays like a 10 year old Smash game?
Project M is cool, but come on...
If P:M only played just like Melee and nothing else, there wouldn't be so many Melee players pissed off at it. You may wanna try it for yourself before making assumptions, pal. XD

But the short answer is "Absolutely". If the newer game doesn't have anything to interest me and pull me in and not getting it saves me wallet, then you better believe I'll play the other game for free instead. Seems like the logical choice to me. ¦ )

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If P:M only played just like Melee and nothing else, there wouldn't be so many Melee players pissed off at it. You may wanna try it for yourself before making assumptions, pal. XD

But the short answer is "Absolutely". If the newer game doesn't have anything to interest me and pull me in and not getting it saves me wallet, then you better believe I'll play the other game for free instead. Seems like the logical choice to me. ¦ )
For the record, my first Smash is Brawl. Therefore I am not nostalgically attached to any Smash game. Yet. And I do want to try it, don't get me wrong.
And I guess you have a point there.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
For the record, my first Smash is Brawl. Therefore I am not nostalgically attached to any Smash game. Yet. And I do want to try it, don't get me wrong.
And I guess you have a point there.
I have no nostalgic value for anything because in my mind, nostalgia is bull****. Not everything old is automatically great because it's old or was great before. I love P:M for what it is on it's own. I haven't even seriously touched Melee in years, so that's not why I play it. XD

It's just fun for me. Moreso than any of the previous Smash games. I like it. That's all there is to it. :3

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That would work too suppose. Jiggs could get Peach's and Peach could get something new.
Fairy Wind I imagine working something like this. Jiggs is lifted up with a gust of wind, and the wind has little sparkles in it. It doesn't do any damage from the front, but the back can paralyze you for a second or two.
Yeah maybe Peach can use here Vibe Scepter from Super Princess Peach, but idk if Sakurai knows about that game's existence.

So its like F.L.U.D.D mixed with Mewtwo's Confuse Ray from Melee? Sounds pretty cool
That's what I was trying to say. With time, things can change both positively and negatively.

I specifically stated that I disliked the viewpoint of some people that always hold the past in high regard.
Sorry, if i came off as trying to refute what you were saying i was just chiming in.
Jigglypuff's Sing wouldn't be so useless if the sleep time was a bit longer, because by the time Jigglypuff finishes singing, the opponent usually has already woken up.

I actually use Mario's FLUDD from time to time, but it could be buffed a little bit. I think that the fact that Brawl made edges to be grabbed so easily (you know, the "magnetic edges") made the move rather inefficient. The simple removal of that mechanic is already beneficial for FLUDD.
Yeah I think the FLUDD is going to need to be more potent to be more effective. I might watch that megaman v mario demo show case to see if magnet grabbing is returning (of course that feature might be subject to change)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Woah, Jesus. How long has it been since I've been here?

Long enough for Sakurai to reveal a submarine torpedo launching gun, I guess. Hey guys.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
On Topic: What other characters have moves that no one really uses??
All I got is Jiggly's Sing

Well going off of Brawl.

Falco's Fair is relatively useless due to the landing lag. The only player I have seen use it effectively is DEHF, and that was only when knocked off stage.
Olimar's tilts are rarely ever used from what I have seen.
Ganondorf's Util.
Yoshi's Fair.
Any of Kriby's moves that aren't Bair. :awesome:

That's all I could think of off the top of my head.

FLUDD is actually used from my knowledge. It's actually a great tool move in how it stops the opposing player from moving making it a great momentum cancel on the foe and a good edge guard move since the cape became useless as a edge guard toll in Brawl.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well going off of Brawl.

Falco's Fair is relatively useless due to the landing lag. The only player I have seen use it effectively is DEHF, and that was only when knocked off stage.
Olimar's tilts are rarely ever used from what I have seen.
Ganondorf's Util.
Yoshi's Fair.
Any of Kriby's moves that aren't Bair. :awesome:

That's all I could think of off the top of my head.

FLUDD is actually used from my knowledge. It's actually a great tool move in how it stops the opposing player from moving making it a great momentum cancel on the foe and a good edge guard move since the cape became useless as a edge guard toll in Brawl.
I use Yoshi's Fair quite often, You have to be aggressive when using it.
Which doesn't really work since Brawl kind of rewards defensive play.

LOL'd at the Kirby one and same with Toon Link and his Bair

I too have seen FLUDD used time to time, but i haven't seen people use it effectively.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Brawl FLUDD is a waste of a move. Practically does nothing.. Should've left Mario how he was with his Melee move set.

At least p:m fixed that issue, but we'll see if they do in sm4sh.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I use Yoshi's Fair quite often, You have to be aggressive when using it.
Which doesn't really work since Brawl kind of rewards defensive play.

LOL'd at the Kirby one and same with Toon Link and his Bair

I too have seen FLUDD used time to time, but i haven't seen people use it effectively.

Fair's main purpose is being meteor smash, a hard to land meteor smash that is rather laggy when used. Dair is able to accomplish the same principle by sending the opponent downward, being easier to hit with, and not being as laggy. Basically where Fair's main use is, Dair can do it to and generally is safer and better to use.

What is this about Toon Link with Bair? Toon Link has access to great projectiles and a person who doesn't use them is a flipping idiot. While I mostly said the "Any of Kriby's moves that aren't Bair" in jest, it is known to be his best move and is generally used the most of any of his moves and is usually stale.

Brawl FLUDD is a waste of a move. Practically does nothing.. Should've left Mario how he was with his Melee move set.

At least p:m fixed that issue, but we'll see if they do in sm4sh.

FLUDD does indeed practically does something. Just because it doesn't do damage doesn't mean it is useless. Like I siad not that long agao, FLUDD is a great tool move, it stops the opponent's momentum screwing them up. Mind game more.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Fair's main purpose is being meteor smash, a hard to land meteor smash that is rather laggy when used. Dair is able to accomplish the same principle by sending the opponent downward, being easier to hit with, and not being as laggy. Basically where Fair's main use is, Dair can do it to and generally is safer and better to use.

What is this about Toon Link with Bair? Toon Link has access to great projectiles and a person who doesn't use them is a flipping idiot. While I mostly said the "Any of Kriby's moves that aren't Bair" in jest, it is known to be his best move and is generally used the most of any of his moves and is usually stale.
I double jump cancel into the fair so it catches people off guard. But its more of a one time thing, because once you do it once the person is usually on guard for it.
It's like DK's fair, you got to be in the person's head (or get lucky) to really pull it off. But i agree that the down air is the more efficient spike.

I've played matches on AiB, where i've see people do nothing but bairs with Toon Link, it was ridiculous because the bairs chain into each other so nicely.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Show me a video where it is used practically in a competitive setting, and you will have convinced me.

Otherwise, I stand by me saying it is a waste. I know it pushes the opponent back and does no damage, but it's start up lag and it's actual usage is a liability IMO.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Show me a video where it is used practically in a competitive setting, and you will have convinced me.

Otherwise, I stand by me saying it is a waste. I know it pushes the opponent back and does no damage, but it's start up lag and it's actual usage is a liability IMO.
I think these are pretty good examples. Sure, they're not tournament settings, but a lot of these instances can easily apply to one.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Whatever you mean by "moral degradation of our times"?
No offense, but you sound like those people who hold the past as being always better than the present. I kind of dislike that viewpoint.
On that topic:

I dislike people who always look forward, thinking that change is always a good thing, and dismissing the past as "outdated" like that's a bad thing.
There are also those with a moral smugness, bragging about how they are "on the right side of history" and that those that don't share their views will be left behind in the dust.

-----

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think Ike and Roy are deconfirmed. Marth's neutral B is now much powerful than before... in the past, Ike's neutral B and Roy's neutral B were similar but much powerful than Marth's neutral B... Chrom confirmed. :troll:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I just realized that there's a slight chance I might get both Smash Bros. and the new Godzilla movie in the same month.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Imagine my reaction if it turns out that Kingdom Hearts III and SSB4 are to be released on the same day or week...

KH3 won't get released next year. Now way in heck. I even doubt a 2015 release, 2016 seems more likely to me. Which actually wouldn't bother me, gives more time for the Xbone's kinks to be worked out and drop in price and better chance of me getting it in time of KH3, hopefully anyway.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Trivia time: The airships present on the Mario Galaxy stage aren't taken from any Super Mario Galaxy title, instead using a more detailed version of the airship's design from New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

[collapse="Mario Galaxy stage in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U"]
[/collapse]

Compare the airship seen in the Smash Bros. stage with...
[collapse="Airship from Super Mario Galaxy"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Bowser Jr.'s Airship from Super Mario Galaxy"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Airship from Super Mario Galaxy 2"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Airship from New Super Mario Bros. Wii"]
[/collapse]

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Trivia time: The airships present on the Mario Galaxy stage aren't taken from any Super Mario Galaxy title, instead using a more detailed version of the airship's design from New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

[collapse="Mario Galaxy stage in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U"]
[/collapse]

Compare the airship seen in the Smash Bros. stage with...
[collapse="Airship from Super Mario Galaxy"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Bowser Jr.'s Airship from Super Mario Galaxy"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Airship from Super Mario Galaxy 2"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Airship from New Super Mario Bros. Wii"]
[/collapse]
It looks more like a mix of NSMBWii and SMG2 to me, with more of NSMBWii.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Kinda hoping to see Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings flying around in Koopa Clown Cars in the background of the Mario Galaxy stage... :awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I want to see Zelda... I am always wondering how she would look like in SSB4... I am hoping for her Skyward Sword design. I really like that design.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I want to see Zelda... I am always wondering how she would look like in SSB4... I am hoping for her Skyward Sword design. I really like that design.
Me too but I can't imagine how Sheik would look if Zelda was like in Skyward Sword. Also since they chose a composite Link this time around, I think they'll go for a composite Zelda too.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Eh both these game's Link and child Link seem to remain in their Brawl designs but brightened up to the new art style instead of being redesigned to whatever more recent Zelda game is out there. So I'd imagine the same will hold true for Zelda, Sheik and Ganondorf too.... :/ As much as I would have loved to see SS Zelda....

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
So much moe, I don't even think I can handle it. Embarrass

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
TP Zelda has a Kristen Stewart face that I don't think she would be very expressive in Smash compared to other confirmed characters... that's one of the reasons why I would love to see SS Zelda in Smash... she is very expressive... very vivacious!!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Kinda hoping to see Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings flying around in Koopa Clown Cars in the background of the Mario Galaxy stage... :awesome:

The Clown Copter should definitely be reworked into Bowser final smash
So guys who's expecting Captain Falcon tomorrow?
Maybe, Zelda since ALBW is being released in Japan this month. Other than that my default answer is Yoshi.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
TP Zelda has a Kristen Stewart face that I don't think she would be very expressive in Smash compared to other confirmed characters... that's one of the reasons why I would love to see SS Zelda in Smash... she is very expressive... very vivacious!!

To me, Zelda in Skyward Sword is probably the most expressive, and looks very innocent and fitting for the role of a princess. I just really like how Twilight Princess' version of Zelda looks, the dress, the hair, the eyes, they all look good to me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To me, Zelda is Skyward Sword is probably the most expressive, and looks very innocent and fitting for the role of a princess. I just really like how Twilight Princess' version of Zelda looks, the dress, the hair, the eyes, they all look good to me.
She actually looks like a leader. And since she practically is Hyrule's leader in quite a few games(since there is rarely a King...), it fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom