• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
These are the numbers of copies sold on their launch week:
[PS3] Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix. 11/21/13) - 277.082
[Wii U] Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo. 11/21/13) - 99.588

The numbers are incredibly low, especially considering the franchises they belong.
No, in fact, those numbers aren't that bad at all, they made that amount with in 4/5 days being in stores, I don't know about the FF game but 3D World moved twenty thousand WiiUs and this is only in Japan.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
No, in fact, those numbers aren't that bad at all, they made that amount with in 4/5 days being in stores, I don't know about the FF game but 3D World moved twenty thousand WiiUs and this is only in Japan.
Those numbers are much lower than previous Mario and Final Fantasy games sold in their launch weeks in Japan.

Those are usually million sellers, even in Japan. Final Fantasy XIII sold a million in its launch day. This one didn't even reach 300k in a week. That's a considerable difference.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
When the numbers come out for how SM3DW has performed every where else, it'd be really interesting what Nintendo's next step is if it doesn't perform as well as they expect or deserve.

I'm lamenting the fact that there are no chances for future DLC. I love the level designs in this game and it oozes creativity with a sense of familiarity. I would also love to have been able to play as Wario. I mostly used him in SM64DS. It was so cool to play as him in a Super Mario setting.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Protip: Releasing New Super Mario Bros. 2 and New Super Mario Bros. U within months hurts more then helps, and it's probably going to haunt the series for a while.
You're right, but what I hate is that non-Nintendo fans don't understand that the New Super Mario Bros games are a bit different than games like 3D Land, 3D World, or the Galaxies.
Just because Mario makes one sub-series of rehashes doesn't mean that Mario always does the same thing, because for sure it doesn't.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I wonder what spin (lolpun) people will put on the Mario series if and when a Galaxy 3 comes out and isn't remotely as successful as its predecessors?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I own both. Very fun games. I'll be honest, Street Fighter is one of the most boring series to me compared to most Fighters.

The gameplay isn't bad, of course(it's amazing), but the characters for the most part just scream "eh" to me. I'm a big fan of noteworthy characters. It does not help that there's too many similar gameplay clones in the series, even outweighing SSB.(note, I mean ones you can play as normally, not clones in general)

As for Armageddon, I liked the Wii version the best. The controls were amazing. It only lacked online play, but beyond that, best version, IMO. Character creation was extremely well-made, too.
TERMINATED, 3 POINTS WON! Ushi the cow was cheap though. -.- But man, I loved the soundtrack for pretty much all the characters in the game, especially the Joker's (not to be confused with Batman's Joker). Don't think I got to play the 2nd Fighter's Destiny however, sadly. Heh, I'm usually quiet about it because of how the SF fanboys can be, but I actually agree with you on Street Fighter and most of its characters. Enjoyed Alpha 3 though and some of the 3D games, but after that the series just felt like more of the same to me.

Interesting how the Wii version was the only one that had Khameleon, just like with the N64 version of Trilogy. Nintendo has a thing for her I guess. Agreed on all that other stuff though.

I wonder what spin (lolpun) people will put on the Mario series if and when a Galaxy 3 comes out and isn't remotely as successful as its predecessors?
I'm not sure my heart would be able to take that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Interesting how the Wii version was the only one that had Khameleon, just like with the N64 version of Trilogy. Nintendo has a thing for her I guess.
Well, she never appeared outside of Nintendo versions anyway. It's more "she's Nintendo-only, so why not put her in?"

Plus, MK-wise, Nintendo seems to always get the Bonus Characters. Often with a lack of something else. I say Bonus, because they're more special characters not planned for the basic releases. Two exceptions were Mortal Kombat Gold and the Deception PSP remake. Otherwise... it's been mixed among the systems, heh.

And yeah, Ushi is ridiculous.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So i couldn't get on the site for an hour. I seriously thought Sakurai did a major update or something. Then i realized it's Sakurai and i was stupid for expecting a major new thing to be revealed right now.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So i couldn't get on the site for an hour. I seriously thought Sakurai did a major update or something. Then i realized it's Sakurai and i was stupid for expecting a major new thing to be revealed right now.
I updated the official site, expecting the same. :chuckle:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Seriously, don't post that kind of stuff. -_-

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving, and I'm about to go to bed. Also, oy on the forum being bad... on days when pictures are posted on the main site. It's less annoying on the Weekend, imo.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm all about that purity yo ;)
Yeah man chastity play is great.

Zelda could probably magic up some crystal cage around Marth's wang or something and like only let him out when she has use for it I mean really it makes a lot of sense.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Something is going to be revealed soon that's gonna be so amazing it will send ripples of hype across space and time, causing the forums to crash today.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I understand the red/black lightning effects but I'm having a hard time following what looks like glass chunks (unless a shield break is involved).

EDIT: Number of tries to get this posted: 7 times. Is anyone looking into this?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The guy looking into it tried posting a solution to the problem to the administrators, but his post would never go through so he just kind of gave up in frustration.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
I understand the red/black lightning effects but I'm having a hard time following what looks like glass chunks (unless a shield break is involved).

I was curious about those myself. It'd be neat if the shield bubbles literally shattered into pieces. Though I think it might just be some particles from Toon Link's sword effects or maybe left over bits of a "hit" animation.

Either way, I like the black lightning. It's rather dramatic.

Edit: Took three tries. Some funny biz goin' on.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Those numbers are much lower than previous Mario and Final Fantasy games sold in their launch weeks in Japan.

Those are usually million sellers, even in Japan. Final Fantasy XIII sold a million in its launch day. This one didn't even reach 300k in a week. That's a considerable difference.
Well, when Galaxy came out for example the Wii sales were much more higher than the WiiU's so that explains why they weren't that many units sold.
As of the FFXIII I've heard it was really bad so having a "XIII" in the title doesn't really help.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What's the worst movie you've seen? I can't think of one off of the top of my head. Maybe Batman and Robin, but at least that movie is so bad it's funny.Mostly because of Arnold as Mr. Freeze.

But making Bane, of all villains, mere fodder was an insult to the character. Even the freaking costumes were stupid as all hell, seriously, they had nipple armor, that's just dumb. And for some reason Batgirl was related to Alfred and not Jim Gordon, I don't get why that is either.

Didn't see the picture. Anything with Miley's face is kinda gross for me anyway thanks to her bizarre performance in the VMA's. Don't blame me for looking at her that way. That's just how I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom