• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've got a Game Boy Advance SP, A DS, A Wii (needs fixing) and a Wii U. I'm looking for platforming or an RPG that isn't overly expensive like Xenoblade Chronicles.
Sonic Chronicles could work. I doubt you can find either Golden Sun(GBA) game for cheap, but Dark Dawn is fairly cheap and pretty easy to play for the DS. I'd recommend the GBA ones, though. See if you can find the remakes of the Super Mario Bros. games on the GBA. Classic Series or otherwise. They're pretty good. Sonic Rush Adventure is a really good platformer as well. It's also far easier than the first Sonic Rush and less annoying for playing as Blaze(getting past her first level can be ridiculous...). If you like part-RPG games, there is Sonic Battle, being a Fighting/RPG. Sonic Unleashed and Sonic & The Secret Rings also has RPG elements with the ability to level up stats, and they're fairly good games, IMO.

...Note, while I do not personally like Sonic Unleashed, it's quite accessible and I still think it should be tried out. There's also Sonic Colors for the Wii and DS.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
If you do get Sonic Unleashed, save yourself some pain and get the PS3 or 360 version. NOT the Wii/PS2 version.

That, or just say "screw it" altogether and get Generations for the PC and then use the Unleashed Project for a better version of all the stages. XD

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
If you do get Sonic Unleashed, save yourself some pain and get the PS3 or 360 version. NOT the Wii/PS2 version.

That, or just say "screw it" altogether and get Generations for the PC and then use the Unleashed Project for a better version of all the stages. XD
Sonic Generations is the best 3D Sonic game I've played/seen since Sonic Heroes.

Though, even Sonic Heroes got pretty stale because it made you replay the story 4 times using different "teams" which were just skins of each other with specials that do the same thing despite having different animations.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I don't like Mortal Kombat too much cause most characters have a similar moveset. And if there's any differences, it are annoying ones like Scorpion's 'GET OVAR HEIR!' or that Ice Dude's icey stuff.
MK2 is probably my favorite MK of them all. Great cast, a hilariously broken-silly engine, and sooooooooo much nostalgia. I used to do silly **** like Baraka's Slice and Dice infinite for dayyyyyyyyys.

Smooth Criminal

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sonic Generations is the best 3D Sonic game I've played/seen since Sonic Heroes.

Though, even Sonic Heroes got pretty stale because it made you replay the story 4 times using different "teams" which were just skins of each other with specials that do the same thing despite having different animations.
...You and I are like the same person, I swear. XD

That's exactly how I felt when I first played Generations. Unlike most, Heroes is actually my favorite of the 3D console games. Generations now ties with it (PC thanks to mods that let me use other characters and new stages) and the Adventure games, Unleashed and Colors all tired underneath it.

I understand why people would think Heroes got stale in that sense, but I absolutely enjoyed the fact that the teams were set up how they were. They did have their slight differences in how they did attacks, though. Other than that, yeah, they were pretty much the same. In hindsight, however, it's better than how 06 turned out or like the current Solo Sonic era with no one else to play with at all. >_>

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
specials that do the same thing despite having different animations.
Actually each team attack had a different effect.

Team Sonic's causes Sonic to have a buffed homing attack.
Team Shadow's freezes time.
Team Rose's causes invincibility and shield.
Team Chaotix's adds 10 rings per kill.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

In addition to this, Knuckles had his own rapid punching melee attack that no one else could do if you kept making the B button without holding a direction.

Also, after Team Sonic does Team Blast, Sonic can use the Light Speed Attack if you jump and hit B until the red bar goes out.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

I believe you are right now that i think about it. It's been a good while since I played. Then again that's why the internet is here to check.
I did think Team Shadow's special froze time, but second guessed myself and thought i was getting that mixed up with Shadow's special from Sonic Adventure Battle 2.

One thing I do remember was me liking that final boss.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So, anyone here wanna talk items with me? Been thinking a lot more about them lately having completed some research on "Smash PR" and needing more reading to do. Do any of you think items might get a fair shot this time around especially with how many newer/casual players the 3DS might bring?
While I'm not against ISP, I don't care for most of the items in Smash games. Believe it or not I find most of them incredibly boring to use. In fact the only items I like are Mr. Saturn, Peach's Turnips, ZSS Armor Pieces, ect... Basically items whose sole reasons are meant to be thrown while the items having different properties. The reason I find only those kinds of items fun is because Imo they add a certain strategic depth that I find other items lack. So if we got more items like that I wouldn't mind SP, but otherwise I won't go near it with a ten foot pole. I'm weird.

Anyone a fan of other fighting game series? I always liked Tekken and Mortal Kombat, I like the Soul Calibur series too. In fact Tekken 3 was the first game I ever played. Because I got into Tekken, I played Soul Calibur 2. But I do wish to get more familiar with Street Fighter someday, I've only played a couple of the games, and even then, I don't own them anymore.
Eh, I've tried playing other fighting games. I jut don't like them. They don't feel comfortable for me and for the life of me I cannot perform combos in those types of fighting pass punch>punch>punch, kick>kick>kick, or punch>kick>punch. Like seriously. I've tried SF, Tekken, and DoA (ones I can remember playing anyway, there are probably more). Of those games I think I like DoA the best, but that was probaby because of the big bouncy **** in those games. :L

Oh and I guess the Naruto fighting games to, I have played them and found them to actually be somewhat comfortable and fun. But ever since falling out with the anime I, with the current internet at my place it isn't really good to watch videos, fell out with the games. Once I get the chance to get back into the anime I will probably attempt to get back into the games.

But otherwise I just can't find a more "traditional" fighting game the is comfortable, unless the Naruto fighting games count lol.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Metal Overlord?

Meh, the boss itself felt kind of rushed and lame. But the song "What I'm Made of" is probably the best song in the game.
Eh, I had fun with the fight.

But song is what made the fight as good as it was for me. (No pun intended) So much energy. So much hype.

I basically consider it Super Sonic's vocal theme.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I liked his design. I did find his in game battle tactics a bit lame, but it was a Sonic game so i couldn't really say i expected much

I liked all of the 3D Sonic songs and cutscenes (Sonic Adventure 1 is questionable)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
They didn't get cutscenes right until around Sonic Unleashed was released.
SA2 was close, though. Still had some wonky animations, but they were still enjoyable.

Unleashed easily still has the absolute best opening cutscene in the series, though.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
That's the Dreamcast for you. Speaking of which, I want Power Stone 3. It was a massive disappointment when no PS characters were in MvC3. Falcon, Wang Tang, Gunrock and Ayami would have been perfect reps.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
SA2 was close, though. Still had some wonky animations, but they were still enjoyable.

Unleashed easily still has the absolute best opening cutscene in the series, though.
Despite what I think of the gameplay, I thought Sonic 06's intro cutscene was pretty good.
But Sonic really seems out of place in settings where humans are involved (excluding Eggman)
But in terms of capturing that Sonic cartoon vibe, Unleashed hands down.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This is extremely late, but congratulations on your baby boy!

As a question to all of you, if they introduce a new mechanic this time around (such as the Final Smashes in Brawl, dodging & new moves in Melee, etc.)?

I kind of always wished either X or Y had its own set of moves. Having two buttons to jump on top of being able to use the joystick, seems a little....excessive to me. That's why in Brawl I had it so that the Y button was for grabs. Other than that I think that a A+B special attack would be cool too.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Despite what I think of the gameplay, I thought Sonic 06's intro cutscene was pretty good.
But Sonic really seems out of place in settings where humans are involved (excluding Eggman)
But in terms of capturing that Sonic cartoon vibe, Unleashed hands down.
Honestly, the opening and ending to 06 were, funny enough, the best parts of the game.

Well, that and when Shadow stopped time just to kick Silver in the back of the head. That was pretty funny. XD

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Are there any pros that have a passion for shipping?
I can't find any, whenever I ask about anything like that they just ignore muh questions :c

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Are there any pros that have a passion for shipping?
I can't find any, whenever I ask about anything like that they just ignore muh questions :c

I'm no pro but I'll try to help the best I can. The shipping of goods and junk shouldn't be that big of an issue. What's the problem, dude? Need to know how many stamps you put on a package? Wait....did you mean the other kind of shipping?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I bet Monk is a Scrub at Shipping. Probably doesn't even Shed tears over his Ships.
Well of course he wouldn't cry over his ships. Those ships just got a fresh coat of paint, and the tears would leave stains on it. I mean you don't plunder the seven seas on a dirty boat, that's stupid!

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I bet Monk is a Scrub at Shipping. Probably doesn't even Shed tears over his Ships.
Well of course he wouldn't cry over his ships. Those ships just got a fresh coat of paint, and the tears would leave stains on it. I mean you don't plunder the seven seas on a dirty boat, that's stupid!
I paint them Mountbatten pink so they're harder to see at night.
Huh? Shipping?
What, you mean like this? XD
Wait....did you mean the other kind of shipping?
ISN'T IT OBVIOUS?!?
Zelda X [M]arth i think
You think correctly.
Scratch that. It's not just the greatest video, it's the greatest THING in the universe.
On another note, I'll be disappointed if no one recognizes my new avatar.
Why do we say things that are so self-evidently wrong for the sake of hyperbole? Pacific Rim is a cool guy.

sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy monk

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
This is the greatest video in the universe.

Scratch that. It's not just the greatest video, it's the greatest THING in the universe.

On another note, I'll be disappointed if no one recognizes my new avatar.
Cool, I thought I was the only one that recognized the awesomeness.

Also Pacific Rim :D

Attempts 2+

Ninja'd by the Monk4, thanks smashboards :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What the hell are these microtransactions anyway? Can someone explain it to me?

FIX THIS ****ING FORUM ALREADY IT TOOK ME 10 TRIES TO POST THIS ****
You have to pay to unlock things in the game, and there is no other way to unlock it

Instead of "Complete this to unlock character" with microtransactions it's "Pay $15 to unlock character"

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What the hell are these microtransactions anyway? Can someone explain it to me?

FIX THIS ****ING FORUM ALREADY IT TOOK ME 10 TRIES TO POST THIS ****

Microtransactions are purchases of in-game content with real money. It's supposed to be small purchases but Rovio didn't look up the meaning of "micro".

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
So it's DLC only it's already included in the game? Pretty disgusting. Why is it called microtransaction lol? Seems such a formal name for something related to videogames.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So it's DLC only it's already included in the game? Pretty disgusting. Why is it called microtransaction lol? Seems such a formal name for something related to videogames.
A lot of micro transactions are crap like paying $1 to get a power up, or $1 to get extra lives which you could get normally.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Anyone a fan of other fighting game series? I always liked Tekken and Mortal Kombat, I like the Soul Calibur series too. In fact Tekken 3 was the first game I ever played. Because I got into Tekken, I played Soul Calibur 2. But I do wish to get more familiar with Street Fighter someday, I've only played a couple of the games, and even then, I don't own them anymore.
Mainly Mortal Kombat and Soul Calibur for me (though was disappointed with SC5 for various reasons), off the top of my head. Like me a bit of Virtua Fighter, Dead or Alive (not for the sex appeal, mind you) and Killer Instinct too (before M$ happened, anyway). Then there's some of the DBZ fighters if you count those.

Fan of Soul Calibur. I'm only missing Soul Calibur V so far. Played and own the rest.(the only re-release I have is Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny.

I got nearly every Mortal Kombat game, but no re-releases as well as the original.(unless you include the original Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. I never got the updated version of Deception, and I truly never plan to. Armageddon gives me all I need~)

Of course, I own all the SSB games. I have a lot of N64 Fighting games, including niche ones like Flying Dragon and Dark Rift. Man, the N64 had a lot, and they were honestly pretty fun~
Damn, didn't know you were into all those other series too. Just got a lot more respect from me as a fellow gamer.

Updated version of Deception? You mean the one on the PSP? Yeah, who needs that. Goro and Shao Kahn being exclusive to the Gamecube version of Deception was all I needed at the time, in addition to Armageddon. Armageddon I found to be a step down from Deception though (as a whole). Suffered from too many characters, which resulted in lack of other things, etc., but I did like playing as certain bosses that you wouldn't get to use in the other games like Onaga. After the novelty of that wore down though, the series kinda became a joke with the experimental failure that was Mortal Kombat vs DC (R.I.P. Midway), until MK9 came around, which was competitively competent and balanced in comparison to like... all the previous titles.

On the topic of N64 fighters, was Fighter's Destiny one of the ones you played too? Wish I had gotten to play the one for Xena: Warrior Princess back in the day (yeah, was a big fan of Xena and Hercules's shows) that was also on the 64.

Heh, as for the SSB games, had 'em all until I eventually donated my N64 cartridge of the original to the breakroom of a school/company that I go to some months or a year ago. Unfortunately, the SSB64 game I donated got banned after awhile because some people in the breakroom weren't able to be a good sport when they lost at it/were overly competitive. Typical (makes me glad I didn't play Melee that much while there and that I still kept it at home).

Also, yeah. Screw microtransactions.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've played Marvel VS Capcom: Clash of Superheros and Mortal Kombat II at arcades, but aside from those two I haven't played any fighting games other than the Super Smash Bros. games.

I am interested in other fighting games however, and I'd play them more often if I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom