• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Gen 2 is extremely overrated anyways. It wasn't that good. ¦D
Indeed. The only thing I found really awesome about the Gen was the introduction of breeding. Beyond that, was kind of mediocre, to be honest. The remakes severely improved it due to better mechanics and other fixes(like Ghost being super effective against Psychic). But when it first came out? Wasn't beyond great.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Typhlosion, battling red on a summit and sixteen badges. :cool:
Typhlosion? You mean the poor man's Charizard? XD

16 badges? Who cares? Anyone can get 16 badges if they go to more than one region. Look at Ash. ¦D

Red? Really blown out of proportion popularity wise considering that he's nothing more than a silent protagonist worth nothing more than to insert yourself into the Pokemon World. Then again, that goes for any trainer you play as in the games. Especially for 6th Gen thanks to customization. ¦3

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Typhlosion? You mean the poor man's Charizard? XD
Poor man's... You just made this real, son.

Charizard doesn't have anything on Typhlosion other than mega evolutions, which Typhlosion might have. Typhlosion has Eruption, isn't severely crippled by stealth rocks, and has access to Flash Fire (well... I'm certain he'll get it this generation). In the B&W RU, he's the best Sun Choice user, while Charizard had a gimmick with DD, but was outclassed easily because it's not hard to check him. And that's in the NU.

This generation isn't known nor can be discussed accuratly until we get more info of Typhlosion. If he has access to Flash fire, a mega evolution and gets a stat boost this time, I almost guarantee he'll be better than Charizard again.

Poor man's Charizard... What a joke.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Poor man's... You just made this real, son.

Charizard doesn't have anything on Typhlosion other than mega evolutions, which Typhlosion might have. Typhlosion has Eruption, isn't severely crippled by stealth rocks, and has access to Flash Fire (well... I'm certain he'll get it this generation). In the B&W RU, he's the best Sun Choice user, while Charizard had a gimmick with DD, but was outclassed easily because it's not hard to check him. And that's in the NU.

This generation isn't known nor can be discussed accuratly until we get more info of Typhlosion. If he has access to Flash fire, a mega evolution and gets a stat boost this time, I almost guarantee he'll be better than Charizard again.

Poor man's Charizard... What a joke.
And yet how many people choose Charizard over Typhlosion in both casual and competitive play again? ¦D (Granted it's silly to use either in the latter half of the time)

Anywho, I think that killed enough time. You guys ready for the pic of the day? :3

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You're a terrible troll, Wave.

0/10 would not bang

Smooth Criminal
...I wasn't trolling, but okay? I'll go sit in the corner and think about what I've apparently done. XD;

Look what I found in the corner! =D

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Anywho, I think that killed enough time. You guys ready for the pic of the day? :3
(Quote ****ed up, my bad)

That was quite a cute way to ***** out of a conversation. Just as well. It's pretty late here, and I have to get the kitchen clean for my early thanksgiving today. I'll be back later.

Oh, and Wave... Don't try to troll me as a last resort. It won't work.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
[quote="Wave Kusanagi, post: 16045683, member: 1555298]Anywho, I think that killed enough time. You guys ready for the pic of the day? :3
That was quite a cute way to ***** out of a conversation. Just as well. It's pretty late here, and I have to get the kitchen clean for my early thanksgiving today. I'll be back later.

Oh, and Wave... Don't try to troll me as a last resort. It won't work.[/quote]

Okay, but I think you broke the quote mechanism or something. Your post is a little borked. XD;

That seems to happen a lot more to people lately, I've noticed.

Edit: Sonuvabitch, it broke my post too! Dammit! XD

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I like this pic.

Bowser's pose just looks so natural! I love it! Much better than his old Up-Smash animation.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Up smash? I thought he was crouching...

Also, I just want to clarify real quick: I accidentally deleted a number in the quotation when deleting most of wave's post. That's why it ****ed up.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Up smash? I thought he was crouching...

Also, I just want to clarify real quick: I accidentally deleted a number in the quotation when deleting most of wave's post. That's why it ****ed up.
I fixed it up for you ~

post attempts: 2

Being a Silver the hedgehog fan ain't stupid

It's no use anyway to persuade me away from being a Silver fan

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice

Oh... well, I don't think intellect has anything to do with personal preferences of characters. Like who you like and screw everyone else's opinion on the matter.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Hey, chill. It's alright man. Like what you want. No one is telling you that you can't like your favorite terribly written character from the worst Sonic game in the series. It's alright. :3

To Silver's credit, at least he's a much better character in the comics. All he needs is a redesign and he'd be perfect. Seriously, "Palmtree the Tree" just doesn't look cool or even appealing. XD

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Way to just completely backhand that first sentence, Wave. :laugh:
I actually like Silver too.

Hey, chill. It's alright man. Like what you want. No one is telling you that you can't like your favorite terribly written character from the worst Sonic game in the series. It's alright. :3
IT'S NO USE

(I think you guys took the post way too seriously) On the serious note, I think he's a pretty cool guy.

He's full of himself at times.

He sometimes despairs but sometimes hopes.

He's sometimes stupid yet he's sometimes smart.

He's sometimes whiny but he's sometimes just riding with the flow.

He's sometimes tricked yet sometimes perceptive.

He loves to fight for a stupid and good cause.

Thou deserves not such a bad reputation

Despite his origin game being ****ing **** piss donkey fat vaginal **** penis hair on my mouth.

His hairdo is unique yet stupid but funky

And he can be like Starkiller from ForceD unleashed II

If he ever enters the realm of Smash

Which will never happen

Ever

Ever

The end

Ironically, I usually jab Silver a lot at first but when I kept jabbing him for being from 06, I started actually liking the character.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
They say some of the best things in life are silver until they are heated to over 720 degrees C and take on a glowing red color.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So does Bowser's crouch have super armor now, or did Sonic miss?

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice

I hate children. I hate all forms. Especially ones with slippery hands. My idiot neighbor's daughter and him were visiting, and his daughter picked up my 3DS and accidentally dropped it in the cat's water bowl.

Just thought I would share. Also- Bowser with super armor crouch would be fantastic.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I don't remember Reggie saying anything about GTAV on Wii U. Just that they'll get all the third party support their competitors were getting. I can only hope for the best in Wii U's future because I think it is a brilliant system.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Just finished reading all 174 pages of the topic for when Unity announced they banned MK.

This, more then anything else makes be BEG for balancing patches in Sm4sh. I don't want to ever see something that insane on these boards ever again O_o

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I don't remember Reggie saying anything about GTAV on Wii U. Just that they'll get all the third party support their competitors were getting. I can only hope for the best in Wii U's future because I think it is a brilliant system.
He said it in an interview, It was also mentioned in IGN's daily news round up:
I'll see if i can find the interview, but i think this is good enough.

But yeah, i really do hope the Wii U gets the engine rolling. I also hope the add standard home console features like voice chat and a good online ecosystem, only time will tell.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well, I've just got done reading pages of posts starting from when Pokemon X and Y were leaked to now.

I can say that I think it was good decision, (at least for me), to avoid spoilers. Really happy with what I got to see for my self.

If I had a big complaint for the game, it would be the lack of move tutors. Having to go back to a game pre destiny-knot and friend safari dittos annoys me.

Another than that, I'm pretty much either amazed or just satisfied with everything else.

For the wii u, I'm pretty excited for christmas where I can get Super mario 3D world for it. Along with Lost World and the new Olympic Games.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
The only complaint I have about X and Y is the introduction of mega evolutions. If they weren't working on them, we would have more Pokemon. Don't get me wrong- it's a cute gimmick, but highly unessasary and in some cases, broken. It also wasn't well planned. For example, Mega Ampharos needed Speed, not more sp.attack.

I think mega evolutions could of made a bigger splash if they didn't focus on making the Pokemon stronger by the rate presently. Here's my idea- male mega evolutions raise the stats they need tuning in, and give them an ability that fits their new state. Example:

Mega Typhlosion
Ability: Protean - Because Typhlosion's small movepool, adding Protean would help power the moves through stab while changing Typhlosion's type.
Stat boosts: Defense, Sp.Defense, & Speed

The saddest part about mega evolutions is that you're required to hold the mega stone, thus not allowing you to hold items like Leftovers. In another way, I'm thankful because a life orb Mega Lucario sounds demonic.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I think mega evolutions could of made a bigger splash if they didn't focus on making the Pokemon stronger by the rate presently. Here's my idea- male mega evolutions raise the stats they need tuning in, and give them an ability that fits their new state. Example:
Quite a few Pokemon are viable because of the Megas, like Mawile and the other single stage Pokemon that got them. I just wish some Unova Pokemon had gotten them. Plus, it's not like you can have an entire team of Megas, only one can Mega-Evolve at a time.

The others, like Garchomp, Charizard, etc. I can understand your point, though.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Man, every time I see someone mention how Pokemon is unbalanced I struggle to understand the complaint when they are playing a game that is made to be unbalanced on purpose.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Quite a few Pokemon are viable because of the Megas, like Mawile and the other single stage Pokemon that got them. I just wish some Unova Pokemon had gotten them. Plus, it's not like you can have an entire team of Megas, only one can Mega-Evolve at a time.

The others, like Garchomp, Charizard, etc. I can understand your point, though.
Mawile got the best boost. She's not too big or too small, metaphorically. That's what I was hoping for. But then from around piss gulch came a stronger Speed Boost Blaziken and Adaptability Lucario. Both got more than they should have. Don't get me started on megatwo.
Man, every time I see someone mention how Pokemon is unbalanced I struggle to understand the complaint when they are playing a game that is made to be unbalanced on purpose.
I'm talking about a mechanic. Not balance. ****- after Mewtwo, there's no hope for balance. I just hope to see more Mega evolutions for not so hot Pokemon that make them shine, like Raticate and Meganium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom