• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's realistic guns that aren't allowed. There, done. Because that's what Sakurai meant.

And SSB is meant to be fairly unrealistic and cartoony. It makes sense.

Nintendo's probably gonna pull all the stops blah blah blah

But really, it depends on the games that will release on the PS4 and whether they'll have good console sellers or not assuming that we're talking about an audience with no current gen console yet.

Oh, I played some PS4 games with my friends. They just bought it, brand new. It broke. Well, at least I know how a console breaking looks. Never got my XBOX360 to blow up so yeah

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/11/2...-the-best-choice-for-holiday-season/#comments

Nintendo must be pretty desperate with these holiday sales for the Wii U. But, we all know thinks would be even better during the year of 2014 when the hardcore titles arrive.
Since most of the hardcore titles are not going to be exclusive to Wii U... I think Nintendo needs to make more games of existing franchises just so the Wii U would have more exclusive hardcore titles.

Advance Wars
Animal Crossing
F-Zero
Fire Emblem (with a new Lord :troll:)
Golden Sun *pictures it in HD... :eek:... I wish!*
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Return to Dream Land 2
Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask HD... :love:
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD
Legend of Zelda Wii U
Metroid Prime 4
Mysterious Murasame Castle *pictures it like Okami HD... :love: *
New Super Mario All-Stars (HD remake of Super Mario All-Stars... :crazy:)
Nintendo Land 2
Paper Mario
Pilotwings
Punch-Out!! (call it "Super Punch-Out!! :awesome:)
Sin & Punishment
Star Fox
Super Mario Galaxy 3
Wario Land
Wave Race

Since most of the hardcore titles are not going to be exclusive to Wii U... I think Nintendo needs to make more games of existing franchises just so the Wii U would have more exclusive hardcore titles.

Advance Wars
Animal Crossing
F-Zero
Kid Icarus
Legend of Zelda Wii U
Metroid Prime 4
Nintendo Land 2
Paper Mario
Pilotwings
Sin & Punishment
Star Fox
Super Mario Galaxy 3
Wario Land
Wave Race
Not really keen on Super Mario Galaxy 3. I don't want Galaxy to live on because there might be a point where it gets a pretty "eh" reception (Around 8.5 to 9). That is mediocre compared to those 10s the first and second got.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Throwing out some random thoughts.

The new Ray Gun looks sick.

Not sure if we should get "Galaxy 3" so to speak. I'm ok with some more open world Mario games, don't get me wrong. But it does not need to follow that exact pattern left by the last two. I think that as long as the levels are designed well enough, and have some kind of unique "personality" the game should be good. On a personal level, I'd like to see them improve on the ideas that Sunshine put forth. We could see what ways FLUDD(or a similar device) could be improved in another game. Or come up with a different type of mechanic not seen with Mario yet.

Outside of that, a New Metroid game and a new Starfox game are pretty much always welcome. More so on Starfox's case, we haven't seen a completely new game from them since the earlier years of the original DS.

A 3DS Megaman game would be sick too. Preferably one that strays away from the retro style of 9 and 10. While those games were good, I'd like to see the series keep its core gameplay while still being able to look like its taking advantage of the system its on. Kinda like Bionic Commando Re-Armed. Maybe even one with multiplayer. Not that it needs to be 3-D, it could have really high quality 2-D if they wanted.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Advance Wars
Animal Crossing
F-Zero
Kid Icarus
Legend of Zelda Wii U
Metroid Prime 4
Nintendo Land 2
Paper Mario
Pilotwings
Sin & Punishment
Star Fox
Super Mario Galaxy 3
Wario Land
Wave Race

If this were to really happen, I would die and respawn back to life like Mario. This would make the Wii U an even better console than it is now.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
True... Remember when he said GTA V was likely to come to Wii U?
Many executive forecasts ignore Say's Law. The 'right' supply creates its own demand. It doesn't matter the launch lineup if a hype game comes later, I think they're missing out on a ton of sales of people buying the Wii-U for their game. Yes I know more than professional speculators because I'm a gosh darn Austrian Schoolman, screw empiricism and relativism, I have realism and praxeology!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah, there are so many series (and forgotten series!) that I'd love to see get more installments or even remakes. Heck, even the more popular ones have so much untapped potential...

My pipe dream: a full-fledged Pokemon RPG for Wii U?!! Heck, I'd love it even more if it's a MMORPG. Perhaps add in a Pokemon Snap-like side adventure mode (so like going around with a camera to different environments, taking pictures of Pokemon for whatever objectives), and I'd buy a game like that in a heart beat. So much untapped potential Game Freak... so much untapped potential... But I don't hold my breath for these types of things anymore.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just work on that ****ing Murasame Castle reboot already, Kamiya! If you cancel it due to annoying fans like you did with Star Fox, you will be sorry!

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
We talkin' dreams? Alright...

Remake Pokemon XD for the 3DS and allow transfer to X and Y. And add more new catchable Pokemon, tutor moves, and shadow Pokemon. That would be totally badass.

Make a sequal to KI-U for the Wii-U. And add more weapon types and customizable characters for multiplayer.

Remake OOT for the Wii-U. Why not? Lol

Make a colloseum game for X and Y for the Wii-U, similar to Pokemon Stadium, but with a better story mode.

And finally, an HD, Wii-U version of Pokemon Red and Blue with 3D models, revamped music, and a new after story mode.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Just work on that ****ing Murasame Castle reboot already, Kamiya! If you cancel it due to annoying fans like you did with Star Fox, you will be sorry!
The main prospective that interests me about this hypothetical game is how The Mysterious Murasame Castle universe gets fleshed out.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pokemon Snap for the Wii U would be pretty awesome... one could use the Game Pad as a camera to take photos... and it would feature many Pokemon from all six (maybe seven) generations as opposed to just the first generation... maybe as a 20th anniversary (2016)?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We talkin' dreams? Alright...

Remake Pokemon XD for the 3DS and allow transfer to X and Y. And add more new catchable Pokemon, tutor moves, and shadow Pokemon. That would be totally badass.

Make a sequal to KI-U for the Wii-U. And add more weapon types and customizable characters for multiplayer.

Make a colloseum game for X and Y for the Wii-U, similar to Pokemon Stadium, but with a better story mode.

And finally, an HD, Wii-U version of Pokemon Red and Blue with 3D models, revamped music, and a new after story mode.
Your ideas are genius!

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
...too soon, brah.

Just as long as the art style is based off the original Gen 1 Red/Green/Blue/Yellow versions for the GB and not some rehash of FireRed/LeafGreen.
They could even put in the many, many glitches from the original. (of course, it wouldn't be a glitch anymore if they intentionally added it. Hehe.)

Also, add the stuff from Yellow version, like Pokemon following you around and the Pikachu's Beach surf game.

----

No R/S/E and Majora's Mask remakes? ;_;

And on another you get Fennekin, Treeko, Totodile.
Treeko
Treeko
z2.png

Does the letter C not exist anymore?

-----

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we are talking dream games, I kinda want a Metroid game similar to that "Metroid 1.5" that was being made, but was replaced with Prime 2. It was supposed to have Co-Op. The idea of Samus being forced to work with other Hunters to save herself and them would have been sick. It would put a new twist on the Metroid series.

I'd also like another Starfox game. One that would had Player 1 as Fox and Player 2 as Falco. Give it a couple of top down levels in the game too.

And another Pokemon game that was on consoles like Pokemon XD. Maybe have the starters you pick of each type be randomized. Like one time you play you get Chimchar, Squirtle, and Snivy. And on another you get Fennekin, Treeko, Totodile.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The third Gen is awesome, bro.

But they all have been awesome in their own right, respectively. There honestly was no bad Gen. They each have their good and bad points. Gen IV's was mostly D/P/Pt's super slow battles. But beyond that... you could best argue that it was way too linear progression-wise, as well as there was wayyyy too much between Gyms.(this isn't nearly as bad in every Gen, mind you.)

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'd buy a Mysterious Murasame Castle reboot just cuz Takamaru's such a sexy beast.

But seriously, the concept is pretty interesting in and of itself. And the music OMG the soundtrack's amazing (and there's awesome arrangements around)... I discovered the game through Brawl, actually. Y'know, one of the themes play during the Mario Bros. stage and when I first heard it I was all like, "OMG this song is amazing! I MUST FIND OUT WHERE IT COMES FROM!!" :crazy: And so I came across Takamaru and his game, but forgot about him for a while... until Smash 4 stuff came around. And I didn't even know he made appearances in Captain Rainbow and Samurai Warriors 3 at the time >.> lol.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm sorry, man. I just don't like the third generation. The story seemed bland to me.
No less bland than every other story in the series. It's the same thing over and over again after Gen III. Literally, they don't try anything else. The first Gen had no story. Second one barely had one. Third Gen gave something for once. Fourth was again, same thing. Fifth wasn't ultimately different. It's the same "Get Legendary, take over world in some way" pretty much. Or barely different at all. If they concentrated on something outside of the Box Legendary, they could make a new story, but they never do. -_-

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd buy a Mysterious Murasame Castle reboot just cuz Takamaru's such a sexy beast.

But seriously, the concept is pretty interesting in and of itself. And the music OMG the soundtrack's amazing (and there's awesome arrangements around)... I discovered the game through Brawl, actually. Y'know, one of the themes play during the Mario Bros. stage and when I first heard it I was all like, "OMG this song is amazing! I MUST FIND OUT WHERE IT COMES FROM!!" :crazy: And so I came across Takamaru and his game, but forgot about him for a while... until Smash 4 stuff came around. And I didn't even know he made appearances in Captain Rainbow and Samurai Warriors 3 at the time >.> lol.

Yeah, he's been getting some exposure since Brawl thanks to games like Captain Rainbow, Samurai Warriors 3, and (unintentionally) Nintendo Land. I just hope Sakurai makes his character more interesting and less boring than his Samurai Warriors 3 portrayal.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
No less bland than every other story in the series. It's the same thing over and over again after Gen III. Literally, they don't try anything else. The first Gen had no story. Second one barely had one. Third Gen gave something for once. Fourth was again, same thing. Fifth wasn't ultimately different. It's the same "Get Legendary, take over world in some way" pretty much. Or barely different at all. If they concentrated on something outside of the Box Legendary, they could make a new story, but they never do. -_-
The basic outline of the original Pokemon story being overused isn't my problem. It's the team story. The fifth generation was a twist of the normal story in a fasion I liked. The, "bad guys" were just men and women who wanted a better world, led by a demented child who they honourably served because their desire for a better tomorrow was strong and they had faith that the king could lead them to that day. In the end, the hero was chosen by the legendary Pokemon to do battle with that king to decide who's belief was stronger. But you learn that N was manipulated since birth and his evil father was the enemy all along. The continuum of b2 and w2 made it even better.

Team mamga and aqua just wanted a certain element to be dominant, which is Simpson Stupid because a human needs both land and sea to survive and two grown men didn't consider that until the end. Then you face the legendary to save the world from harsh weather conditions.

Neither are perfect, but black and white had a formula that literally destroyed the 3rd generation.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
3rd Gen used to be my favorite Gen. Now 6th Gen is. :3

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
I still like the second generation the most. In order from greatest to least favorite:

2nd - 6th - 5th - 1st - 4th - 3rd - Firered/Leafgreen

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Tsk. Sceptile for life yo'. Back when Leaf Blade was a special move.

(My fave Gen is actually IV, but I adore III as well)
It helps it was a very well-made Gen. Its only real issue is the overabundance of water. Which damn well explains why the Teams are perfect for it. It's also the only Gen before V that actually had 3 different storylines per game. One game had Magma as the bad guys, one game had Aqua as the bad guys, and one has them both as the bad guys. Gen V did something similar with Team Plasma's goals, and having sequels with new storylines helped. But it still wasn't that hugely different from the other version between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom