• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've never even been with a woman

I just like joking in threads that talk about relationships because of jealousy

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Alright, story time: I had to learn a lot about taking risks before me and my girlfriend started dating. I knew her for about 4 years but we didn't become friends until about 3 years ago and I soon developed a major crush on her. I had a ton of competition (mostly guys like me) and she didn't really think that much of me. I was shy and watched as she dated other guys (both were abusive and it hurt so much to watch this). She moves in with her newest boyfriend and signs a two year lease with him and his friends despite everyone saying it was a bad idea. She gets stuck in the house and, to make matters worse, she breaks up with him only a few months later. About two years ago I noticed her going through a serious bout of depression and talking about it on Facebook. We had never had an extended conversation at that point but I got her number from a mutual friend and found the courage to call her to tell her that if she ever needed someone to talk to that I was available. We start talking on the phone and Facebook almost daily and see each other several times a week. About three months pass and I, kid you not, one of my professors and classmates made asking her out an assignment for me as part of my Group Therapy course. I ask her out and tell her how I feel. She LITERALLY laughs in my face... but I take it surprisingly well.

We stay friends. We still talk and I end up dating someone else for about a month. That relationship failed to go anywhere largely because it was obvious who I really wanted to date. I didn't want to give up on her. I spend the next 3 months helping her move out of her abusive exe's house. She sees that I'm genuinely concerned about her welfare and we start seeing each other daily. Things start getting pretty serious. I take an ENORMOUS gambit and use the L word. She starts pushing me away, saying she's afraid that I'll eventually hurt her. I take yet another chance and tell her that I want her to be happy, even if we just stay as friends. After a month of debating, her coworkers and my friends talk her into it. I take her on the boardwalk in my town on a cool October night, sing Van Morrison's Moon Dance to her, she tells me she loves me too, and we kiss in the rain. Cue credits.

Lessons learned: step out of your comfort zone, take risks, not every setback is failure, and, jesus pancake flippin' christ, confidence is essential.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Welp, you've triggered my trap card.

NOSTALGIA ATTAAAAAACK~!

I have no idea how or why this popped back into my mind. XD
Man those Scooby-Doo movies were awesome and they had good songs. I personally love It's Terror Time Again from Scooby-doo on Zombie Island.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Not sure if I should like that post or infract you for being ridiculously off-topic...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
God. This thread....

Just don't let this spill into other threads.

That's what happens when I gotta be subject to bullies. :(

Sigh, now I wish I was back on that Meowser topic, and the thing bout that one is that at least Bowser is part of Smash, so I technically ain't too off-topic... besides my anger moment.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Not sure if I should like that post or infract you for being ridiculously off-topic...
And on THAT note, I am getting out of here before something bad happens. XD

Goodnight, all. ¦D

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
*giggles to myself about FATMANONICE probably not having a hard time BREAKING THE ICE with his girlfriend*

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ah, right, Smash Bros... anybody else strongly hoping that something Smash Bros related is NOT revealed at VGX? God, talk about pearls before swine. I wish Nintendo didn't even acknowledge its existence especially when most of the people who will watch couldn't care less about the Wii U anyways.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I want Pokemon to go the multiplayer Mario route.

Having like a console game that isn't **** and you and two friends can tag along together, through ONLINE co-op even! with voice chat! hell even a stupid webcam option with the Upad!, and... fight stuff... like using two of your Pokemon each...

I guess it needs work...

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
I want Pokemon to go the multiplayer Mario route.

Having like a console game that isn't **** and you and two friends can tag along together, through ONLINE co-op even! with voice chat! hell even a stupid webcam option with the Upad!, and... fight stuff... like using two of your Pokemon each...

I guess it needs work...
Open world, first person, multiplayer Pokemon game. I would not hate on that at all.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have an unrelated question: is a Jolly Mawile good? I just bred a flawless one.
Max stats, beneficial nature - 218 speed

Mawile isn't going to be outrunning anyone with that

If you make it a mega, might as well go for Adamant

Max stats, beneficial nature - 339 x 2 (Huge Power) = 679 attack

Max stats, neutral nature - 309 x 2 (Huge Power) = 618 attack

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
An MMORPG Pokemon would pretty much cause Valve and Blizzard to burn their headquarters to the ground as a sign of surrender but, for whatever reason, Gamefreak really isn't up for the idea... yet. Speaking of things that print money, rumor has it that Nintendo's working on a new game that uses NFC similar to Skylanders and Disney Infinity but isn't related to Pokemon Rumble. Some people believe that it might even be related to Smash Bros. Thoughts?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
An MMORPG Pokemon would pretty much cause Valve and Blizzard to burn their headquarters to the ground as a sign of surrender but, for whatever reason, Gamefreak really isn't up for the idea... yet. Speaking of things that print money, rumor has it that Nintendo's working on a new game that uses NFC similar to Skylanders and Disney Infinity but isn't related to Pokemon Rumble. Some people believe that it might even be related to Smash Bros. Thoughts?
Pokemon is the only game I could see having a great use of NFC figures

Edit: I'm not sure how Smash could really have an advantage in using them

Edit 2: By "Taking advantage" I mean as something advantageous to the player. I'm sure Nintendo could take advantage of it. What would it give me that just having the characters on the disc wouldn;t

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
With Speed Boost/Baton Pass or Tailwind support, it may work. Awful lot of situational risk setting it up, though.

I will however say I hate relying on Sucker Punch so much. I prefer Crunch/Fang moves so much on it.
-
Anyway since being myself is gay/********/annoying (I see you're as tolerant and open-minded as ever) and you clearly need help beyond what any person online can offer, I'll go back to remembering you simply aren't worth it. Bullying? Really? And still holding a single grudge that was half a year ago over years of me defending you? You don't deserve to be sad, nor do you deserve any pity. Heh. Pit-y.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Open world, first person, multiplayer Pokemon game. I would not hate on that at all.
I dunno about first-person?

And I dunno about an MMORPG, but I've never played one so I dunno how they go about fixing the problems I think exist with the concept.

Open world would be neat, but I don't think a lot of people consider what that really means. You actually have to have the gameplay involve that somehow and I don't think Pokemon as it is now would do that fluidly in the transition. I would say Pokemon Ranger would actually transition better? Can't help but question if the main series will/can go that route.

I mean people spew things like "you should be able to visit all regions!" all the time without considering how a story would even involve all of them, how the pacing of progression could possibly work on such a huge scale, and the balancing of the levels of wild Pokemon since even with only one region you're like 60 at the Elite Four. And then those old regions weren't designed with newer issues in mind. Especially if you bring the open world idea into this. You'd have to change up Kanto so much for example, are you even going to that nostalgic value from it, which is pretty much the only reason people even suggest the idea?

Bigger question is who cares when I have Speed to EV train.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It's better than the Roster Prediction Discussion thread at least.

That thing that happened during the whole "possible Pokemon reveal hype" was nothing compared to what normally goes down on that thread.

Part of the reason I haven't been there lately, That and I just genrally got bored of that thread. I tend to get bored easily, just a matter of time before I get bored of this thread lol.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
After seeing the last couple pages I don't think i'll ever get bored of this thread. LOL

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I really don't remember any moment that guy has ever defended me, but at least he admitted that he was after me, and therefore I don't need help from ppl who continue to egg me on when I ask em to stop (if I do), and he calls that help? Pfft. I feel that you care way too much bout fun and happiness that you can't admit that you enjoy to poke me with your so-called crude humor. You know who you are, and I remember, which is why I have a grudge with you.
If someone has experienced my fair share of troubles, they have better chances at helping, or maybe if I wasn't egged on, that could also help. So don't give me that part where you tried to help me, because you don't. You never did.

So here's a life lesson for you Izzy. Everyone has their own way of thinking and relaxing. It's your job to find out how the individual works. May that be a hint on how to approach me and get on my good side if you actually wan't to help rather than continue your mean acts. Think about it. This actually goes to the others as far as the lesson goes.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I really don't remember any moment that guy has ever defended me, but at least he admitted that he was after me, and therefore I don't need help from ppl who continue to egg me on when I ask em to stop (if I do), and he calls that help? Pfft. I feel that you care way too much bout fun and happiness that you can't admit that you enjoy to poke me with your so-called crude humor. You know who you are, and I remember, which is why I have a grudge with you.
If someone has experienced my fair share of troubles, they have better chances at helping, or maybe if I wasn't egged on, that could also help. So don't give me that part where you tried to help me, because you don't. You never did.

So here's a life lesson for you Izzy. Everyone has their own way of thinking and relaxing. It's your job to find out how the individual works. May that be a hint on how to approach me and get on my good side if you actually wan't to help rather than continue your mean acts. Think about it. This actually goes to the others as far as the lesson goes.
You do realize she's been gone for hours, right? Stop talking to yourself and get with the program. ¦D

We're supposed to be raging against the Diddy the Impanator. ¦(

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Admiral, you ever know why I went with my tactics of bombaring Impa here? Cause everyone was just having a *****-additude towards her, in which I decided to fight fire with fire.

Also:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You do realize she's been gone for hours, right? Stop talking to yourself and get with the program. ¦D

We're supposed to be raging against the Diddy the Impanator. ¦(

Well "he" can come back and get a response.
I have no interest in Diddy here as I have no problem with him (except the brawl character, but that's another story). May you learn the lesson I have just given you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom