• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
You still have the problem of trying to balance polar opposites in one character essentially. Sheik is supposed to rack up damage while Zelda kills. This makes Zelda herself bad as she has nothing else going for her. Sheik has been lucky because she's better rounded.

Likewise, Samus sucks while her Zamus self is much better.
I agree the main issue with Zelda/Shiek as they are right now is that they don't complement each other.
They are suppose (well at least how i see it) to be 2 halves of a hole to make 1 complete fighter

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
About Ridley not being likely?

I think a lot of the fanbase just have their heads hidden in a hole or something about this matter.

That's what I've been telling em all day. Personally I am not fond of Roster discussions to begin with, why you think I've been holding out for a while and only have very few wants?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I still just wanna see games with reps that don't have them yet. I know newcomers are more work, but some great nintendo games have been ignored in smash.

Also, I'd love to see more work on diversifying some characters more so they're even less cloney. I'll sacrifice a few characters for it even.

(Plus no IC chaingrab again. I'd rather them be cut then to have those again.)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I agree the main issue with Zelda/Shiek as they are right now is that they don't complement each other.
They are suppose (well at least how i see it) to be 2 halves of a hole to make 1 complete fighter
This is true, in fact this playstyle has been suggested even by Sakurai since Melee. And it was never fruitful. Think that Zelda got nerfs to in Brawl cause of Sheik being so good in Melee to.

People love to overlook this.
That's what I've been telling em all day. Personally I am not fond of Roster discussions to begin with, why you think I've been holding out for a while and only have very few wants?
Well don´t worry am with you on this one. I however rarely do care what other people have to say.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well don´t worry am with you on this one. I however rarely do care what other people have to say.
Finally someone speaking my language bout that "thing" being overrated. Unfortunately my personality has grown to the point where I have gained a lot of stress due to what is said to me. I blame school bullies for that; mentally and physically. -.-

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, little mac's stage being in Smash = Little Mac confirmed

Ridley's stage being in Smash = Ridley deconfirmed?

Is that what I'm getting here?

That's from Dead or Alive. So what if THEY did it. It's not like Ridley could have been playable in Dead or Alive

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So, little mac's stage being in Smash = Little Mac confirmed

Ridley's stage being in Smash = Ridley deconfirmed?

Is that what I'm getting here?

That's from Dead or Alive. So what if THEY did it. It's not like Ridley could have been playable in Dead or Alive

Depends on context.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I don't like to assume that. It's like saying that Mario Galaxy stage = Rosalina and Bowser Jr confirmed.
Fanbase gotta know reality.

Roster stuff always did annoy me at times. I barely survived the Sonic bombardment in Brawl, but he got lucky.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Okay so the other pic was from Dead of Alive, here´s one from the actual game everybody speaks **** about and nobody actually played:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mario Galaxy stage = Bowser Jr. confirmed? I remember Sunshine stage = Bowser Jr. confirmed and look how that turned out.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You guys realize taking what I said and changing the meaning to say that Pyrosphere = Ridley confirmed is a logical fallacy, right?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Unless Sakurai is referring to 'rising lava' as Samus' old enemy, I guess Ridley could still have a chance.
Anything can happen.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I remember somebody said once that that hole in the Pyrosphere is what happens when Ridley LEAVES the Pyrosphere, not while you fight him.

I'm not saying he's guaranteed, but I'm not saying he's unlikely or deconfirmed either.

I'm just gonna wait and see what happens.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Mario Galaxy stage = Bowser Jr. confirmed? I remember Sunshine stage = Bowser Jr. confirmed and look how that turned out.
Tbh, I was kinda mad about Bowser Jr not in that time. I always felt that TL stole his spot back in the brawl days. Then again, I remember those 2 and another character were highly requested for the brawl roster, one where you'd see the 3 in a pic together, discussing who'd get in.
Then again, I love Bowser, so Bowser Jr kinda did rub in on me. Since the Brawl roster wars are over, now I go onto another character I love even more than Jr, and yes, you know who she is. As of now, I can live without Jr, but still would like him in.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
I'm hoping that the next Metroid will combine elements from Other: M as well as Prime + Hunters. Having played the 2-D Metroid games first I really miss both the Spped Boost and Screw Attack in 3-D Metroid games, however, I do enjoy the FPS style Prime gives as well as the unique weapons diversity seen in Hunters.

While the monologues for Other: M were admittedly not that great, the gameplay was actually quite good. As I said before I think the perception of Other: M, outside its story, really boiled down to either viewing the game as an upgrade from its 2-D predecessors or a downgrade from the Prime series.

Malion

Smash Ace
ridley could still be a character even if ridley is on the stage... if toon link and train driver link are any indication.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
They are essentially a really badly executed stance fighter. It's like trying to balance the stances for a single character and not looking at the big picture.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
ridley could still be a character even if ridley is on the stage... if toon link and train driver link are any indication.
Sure... just like Toad could still be a character even if Peach is holding another Toad. :rolleyes:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Methinks some people are too easily annoyed. For example, Diddy Kong is doing an excellent job of bringing Impa into our Smashboards experience without being frustrating. I find this acceptable and hot. Please continue.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Methinks some people are too easily annoyed. For example, Diddy Kong is doing an excellent job of bringing Impa into our Smashboards experience without being frustrating. I find this acceptable and hot. Please continue.

Aww that´s so sweet! Embarrass

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
As long as people differ on what characters should and should not make it into smash, there will always be disappointment.
It's always going create 3 sides: Pro character, against character and I don't give a **** about this character.

Depending on the out come it will almost always lead to one side (Pro or Con) saying something along the lines of:
"Morons really thought X character wouldn't/would make it in. LOL"

Only 2 sides win, the people that get what they wanted (Pro or Con) and the people who don't care or the people that DO care and put up a front and say that they don't. The losing side usually gets ridiculed, by the "winners" not realizing it could of gone either way.

Pick a side.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It would be a lie if I said I would not be dissapointed if a few characters wouldn´t make it but...

Honestly, I got Diddy in Brawl. I just felt that he was the most deserving character to be added, and I got him. If he´s back again in this game, which is more that 99% likely, I´ll be more than satisfied again. However, I´d like Mewtwo, K.Rool, Dixie, Impa and Isaac to be in to. And not having a couple of these in at least will leave at least some dissapointment.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Charizard is best dragon ever.

I know this is just a minor thing. But I can't help my self. Even though Charizard's design is based off of a dragon, it itself is in fact not a dragon. It is in fact a salamander as both Charmander and Charmeleon are salamanders it's skin also indicates it not being a dragon, just dragon designed. So while it is true that we have a dragon designed character in Smash, it isn't really a dragon.

Again sorry, I couldn't help myself from nitpicking this. :C

Yeah people are kinda holding out to see what he actually means me "past enemy." Maybe it's because I've seen the Let's Play of Other M and have seen that Dead or Alive 3DS Metriod Stage why I am led to believe that its Ridley; since he has been tied heavily to that stage.

I agree that we should have more dragons i don't even know of PT has a good chance of coming back

Don't forget, this is Sakurai we are talking about. He could go any direction with the stage and could mean any number of things by "past enemy" even if said stage is heavily tied to Ridley. Hell with how vague that statement was we don't even know if he means as a stage hazard. This of course doesn't detract away from the prospect the Ridley would be hard to implement into Smash somewhat and making him feel "Ridley like" which makes me still have doubts about his chance. But people think that comment somehow goes against Ridley is absolutely absurd because of how vague the comment actually is. :L

Malion

Smash Ace
I would like certain characters. but I tend to suggest and cling to characters I doubt will make it in so I have a built-in pre-dissapointment.

I don't think I could be unhappy by any character making it in. That's just silly... I might be confused or weirded out at first but it'll pass... I mean I made it through the wii fit trainer without issue I think I could handle anyone in this game at this point.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Biggest dissapointments Smash-related for me where:

-No Diddy in Melee
-Mewtwo being cut in Brawl
-3rd party characters becoming viable by Snake´s confirmation
-Sonic making it in
-Sheik returning in Brawl

I think Diddy being in Melee and Mewtwo not being in Brawl where the biggest dissapointments though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was watching this episode of "ReviewTech" something or other and they were mentioning the stigma around playing a dedicated game console

How it's socially acceptable to play a game on a phone, but if you play that same game on a PS Vita or Nintendo 3DS it's immature

and how if you play games for an hour a day you're anti-social but if you spend ALL day on farmville it's ok

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I was watching this episode of "ReviewTech" something or other and they were mentioning the stigma around playing a dedicated game console

How it's socially acceptable to play a game on a phone, but if you play that same game on a PS Vita or Nintendo 3DS it's immature

and how if you play games for an hour a day you're anti-social but if you spend ALL day on farmville it's ok

Think it´s a stigma cause everyone these days have far too expensive phones and tablets, but will frown on you for spending money on a game console.

But it´s just the same ****.

D

Deleted member

mimgrim said:
I know this is just a minor thing. But I can't help my self. Even though Charizard's design is based off of a dragon, it itself is in fact not a dragon. It is in fact a salamander as both Charmander and Charmeleon are salamanders it's skin also indicates it not being a dragon, just dragon designed. So while it is true that we have a dragon designed character in Smash, it isn't really a dragon.

You were saying? :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom