• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malion

Smash Ace
while exact days can't be counted on, them having a game website to link to is a sure thing.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It doesn't even have to be release dates. We have been receiving roughly at least 1 character a month. That in itself is something to keep us looking forward to the coming months.

Release dates really just create a speculated week that we might receive a character. November 22 has come and went, without a single Mario or Zelda character reveal. But we still got Marth this mouth though. 1 character is better than none.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I wish I would get another hunch as to what the next character will be. That's all I used to predict Marth getting revealed for this month. Hunch powers activate!

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Closest approximate date would be for Sacred Stones, which is two days after reveal. Also, Path of Radiance even though that's a console game.

Then it lands on nothing in special. I just remember hearing that he was revealed on the 10th anniversary of Fire Emblem being released on hand held. I didn't put to much thought into at the time as I was still giddy at guessing right rofl.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Needs more Meowser. So here he is, in his cute adorable glory, again.

And hurry up December! My uprising is coming!
Aw damn I was trying to avoid spoilers of this game. Too bad, he looks awesome anyway. Could work amazingly as an alt costume.

RIGHT, SAKURAI?

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Well, I wanna see the Tanooki Leaf in Smash 4. Everyone with a tanooki tail. Or even go all out with the suit :D

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It only worked for Olimar and Toon Link, the others weren't revealed on release dates.
I didn't mean they had to be revealed right on the date, but Luigi and Sonic were still revealed when they were due to a game releasing in close proximity to the Direct, which is still a reveal based on an upcoming game.

You have no idea what you've just done or what hell you just unleashed. I'm so sorry, N3ON.
I'm fully aware I'm throwing myself on a grenade, but hey, the hope is that afterwards it won't explode again. And if it does, next time I'll use one of you as a shield instead. ;)

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
I didn't mean they had to be revealed right on the date, but Luigi and Sonic were still revealed when they were due to a game releasing in close proximity to the Direct, which is still a reveal based on an upcoming game.

I'm fully aware I'm throwing myself on a grenade, but hey, the hope is that afterwards it won't explode again. And if it does, next time I'll use one of you as a shield instead. ;)

How noble of you N3ON.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
I love lighting candles for a night. Good for relaxing. While I was relaxing, I had a thought. What if Sakurai actually does bring back all vets? I know he said there probably will be cuts, but Sakurai being Sakurai, you never really know. If anything, it'd surprise me.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I love lighting candles for a night. Good for relaxing. While I was relaxing, I had a thought. What if Sakurai actually does bring back all vets? I know he said there probably will be cuts, but Sakurai being Sakurai, you never really know. If anything, it'd surprise me.
Everything about this post deserves a like.

Also, bring back the vets. (Except Ice Grabbers Climbers :troll:)

mimgrim

Smash Hero

It's possible, but not very likely. I would be extremely surprised if it happens. Personally I'm expecting around 42 characters, not counting transformations just what you plainly see on the character select screen, with 3-5 cuts. But I won't be disappointed if what is in the game is less then what I expected, cause you see;

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Honestly I'm just waiting for that one character which is going to turn this place into a madhouse. Don't know who it's going to be but still...

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Bringing back all the vets would be a double-edged sword, considering nobody will have to worry about there favorite character being cut and will grieve that a character they particularly are not fond of returned. Would already surprise me with the limited roster space for 4.

Just think of this. You'd have 3 Link clones, 2 Mario clones, a sucky Pikachu, and around 2-3 blue-haired sword-wielding lords.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
No the pickle is in the same jar, just invisible. The pickle you see in the other jar is a decoy and will do something naughty when you try to open the jar it is in. :smirk:
...You may have won the war, but the battle had just begun...You know what they say, "Quality over quantity".

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
The vet question has got me thinking about something crucial to who gets the cut and who doesn't in the roster. Why do you think Sakurai cuts characters and why did he cut the characters he did?

Personally, I think it has something to do with reserving future space. I may be eating my own words with this one, but if Mewtwo and Roy get cut and have Lucario and Ike to fill up, he's not replacing characters for relevancy sake, just recycling their spaces for characters who will have a lot of demand with the new game. With the accepted franchise cap being 4-5, that's a lot of space to squeeze for. This is a reason I'm confident we'll never see Mewtwo or Roy return (DLC may be an exception).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom