• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Don't know why people are saying Ridley is already confirmed for a stage hazard when we haven't even seen a peep out of that guy at all.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't really like playing games on my phone unless it's a simple game like Tetris or Pac-Man... I don't understand why people would play Final Fantasy on their phones... but whatever.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't really like playing games on my phone unless it's a simple game like Tetris or Pac-Man... I don't understand why people would play Final Fantasy on their phones... but whatever.

Indie games are apperantly more hip, and socially acceptable.

While indie games are basically just plain ****ty rip-off... Even pushing it to THIS level:

I suggest we burn them all.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Don't forget, this is Sakurai we are talking about. He could go any direction with the stage and could mean any number of things by "past enemy" even if said stage is heavily tied to Ridley. Hell with how vague that statement was we don't even know if he means as a stage hazard. This of course doesn't detract away from the prospect the Ridley would be hard to implement into Smash somewhat and making him feel "Ridley like" which makes me still have doubts about his chance. But people think that comment somehow goes against Ridley is absolutely absurd because of how vague the comment actually is. :L
He's still going to have to stay true to the source material though. I doubt he's going to plop Mother Brain in Pryosphere because he wants to. The only level Sakurai has really stretched from the source material (that I know of) is the Mushroomy Kingdom in Brawl. But even then he remained true to the level's layout, and only really changed up the aesthetics.

And the thing is, being vague is subjective; because there are groups of people who think they understand what he means, others truly find the the statement vague, while others say its vague only because they are holding out on the possibility. People are going to take the statement however they wish to. But we are only going to know for sure only when Sakurai spills the beans.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I was hoping someone would recognize the reference. :grin:

And you're welcome.

It's one of my favorite shows, so I can't forget despite my occasional memory cracks.

Told ya I'm not that bad, as long as I'm stable. >.< You can always talk to me to get more in-depth bout my mind.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
He's still going to have to stay true to the source material though. I doubt he's going to plop Mother Brain in Pryosphere because he wants to. The only level Sakurai has really stretched from the source material (that I know of) is the Mushroomy Kingdom in Brawl. But even then he remained true to the level's layout, and only really changed up the aesthetics.

And the thing is, being vague is subjective, because there are groups of people who think understand what he means, others truly find the the statement vague, while others say its vague only because they are holding out on the possibility. People are going to take the statement however

Sorry, but I have to disagree on the vague thing being subjective. Unless your a mind reader you have no idea of knowing what he means by that statement as it could in reality mean any number of things. This is proven in what you said actually because people think it means different things which means it doesn't have a conciseness to it which in turn makes it vague. "appearing at any second" could mean hazard or playable character or something entirely different from those 2. Simply put because of all the different way it is being interpreted and there not really being a uniform consensus to what it means in turn makes it vague. :L

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Indie games are apperantly more hip, and socially acceptable.

While indie games are basically just plain ****ty rip-off... Even pushing it to THIS level:

I suggest we burn them all.
My god... they even ripped off Donkey Kong's design! They couldn't even be bothered to come up with an "original character do not steal" character...

The only indie games that are actually good that I can think of are World of Goo and Cave Story... oh, and I guess La-Mulana too...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Did somebody say.....

........World of Goo? :D

I love that game. Got it on the WiiWare a few years ago. Great concept, and the soundtrack, in my opinion rivals that of Super Mario Galaxy. it's one of my favorite puzzle games along with Portal.

Speaking of WiiWare, has anyone here, by chance, played Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts? I've seen some footage of it and although it looks hard as hell it also looks kind of fun. I'm considering buying it on the WiiWare. (assuming I have enough points for it)

D

Deleted member

*After reading last few pages*
Until Ridley is actually shown on the Pyrosphere as a stage hazard, saying the Pyrosphere disconfirms him is jumping the gun.

And if the day comes that he is shown as a hazard, you can pretty much kiss any chance of a Metroid newcomer goodbye.
"Overrated" or not, he's the only one who's believable.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Sorry, but I have to disagree on the vague thing being subjective. Unless your a mind reader you have no idea of knowing what he means by that statement as it could in reality mean any number of things. This is proven in what you said actually because people think it means different things which means it doesn't have a conciseness to it which in turn makes it vague. "appearing at any second" could mean hazard or playable character or something entirely different from those 2. Simply put because of all the different way it is being interpreted and there not really being a uniform consensus to what it means in turn makes it vague. :L
I understand what you are saying, that the mix'ed interpretations cause the statement to be vague.
What I'm saying is that depending on who you are/how you view things they statement may appear vague. And it is in this sense why i say the term vague is subjective.

To try to clarify: Some are confident, because they believe they know what Sakurai means, while others need more to go off of. In this sense, the statement's meaning is vague only to a select group; While to others, they are confident they know where Sakurai is coming from.

Yes, there is no real consensus on what he meant by it, but as we all have been saying:
We will only truly no until Sakurai shows the pic.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
All I see out of who quote thing is people are looking too deeply into it and treating it as hard evidence to the contrary.

...Up until now.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I need the music to Meowser's theme. Til then, I have to settle for the regular theme with Bowser in his car.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Needs more Meowser. So here he is, in his cute adorable glory, again.

And hurry up December! My uprising is coming!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I don't think it's as black and white as you seem to, but if it's a real problem feel free to take it up privately with the mods.
I don't mind talking about it with you via PM or Skype, though the latter is faster and I can multitask. D: It's up to you I guess.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I doubt we are getting Palutena next month... I don't think Sakurai is going to reveal new newcomers this year... maybe at E3 2014... but not this year... we might get a Kid Icarus stage on SSB4 Wii U instead... we don't have a Kid Icarus stage in SSB4 Wii U, but we do have the Reset Bomb Forest in SSB4 3DS.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Quick question. Whats the longest it has taken for us to receive a character? 3 weeks?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Quick question. Whats the longest it has taken for us to receive a character? 3 weeks?
I believe the longest gap was between Sonic and Marth (a month and a few days), though Luigi and Peach is also pretty close.

EDIT: A month and six days.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Thanks that's good to know for future reference.

I'm curious to see what character we would get if there were to be a January reveal

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Thanks that's good to know for future reference.

I'm curious to see what character we would get if there were to be a January reveal
Probably MK or Dedede, that's when the Kirby 3DS game comes out in Japan.

Yoshi will also probably happen early-ish next year. And Diddy.

Malion

Smash Ace
I think a good mario final smash would be duplicating him several times over with the double cherry. maybe even fill the screen with mario clones all performing in sync.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Probably MK or Dedede, that's when the Kirby 3DS game comes out in Japan.

Yoshi will also probably happen early-ish next year. And Diddy.
Oh really? I'm interested to see if MK will receive any new moves if he's released then.

Diddy Kong i can see coming out February next year; though i'm not sure if Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze is released the same date internationally. It might be released bit later in Japan.

I'm waiting for the day Yoshi gets revealed, i'm really interested in seeing how he'll look. There is also the possibility of getting newcomers in an early Nintendo Direct next year. Can't wait until 2014!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People, please, relying on release dates is not going to work.
It's worked four times so far as opposed to the two dates people were expecting that didn't pan out, so it's not something to discount even if it's obviously not a sure thing.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It's worked four times so far as opposed to the two dates people were expecting that didn't pan out, so it's not something to discount even if it's obviously not a sure thing.
It only worked for Olimar and Toon Link, the others weren't revealed on release dates.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
*After reading last few pages*
Until Ridley is actually shown on the Pyrosphere as a stage hazard, saying the Pyrosphere disconfirms him is jumping the gun.

And if the day comes that he is shown as a hazard, you can pretty much kiss any chance of a Metroid newcomer goodbye.
"Overrated" or not, he's the only one who's believable.
Seems I picked a good time to tl;dr the new replies here for the most part. :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom