• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

New BitF picture :

:sadeyes:

Nintendo, release a new Metroid game already.

Who Knows?

Smash Rookie
Oddly lazy screenshot, oh well.
I think they would be more likely to reveal it a few weeks before/after a major release if they did so. Why distract people I guess?
It's pretty clear that the pattern is no pattern at all, and I think the aim is to leave a whole lot of details to launch

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Let people talk me into thinking we'd get a character reveal this week. Going back to believing we won't get out next reveal until the first week of December. There is a remote possibility Nintendo might be showing a Super Smash Bros trailer -- or another game -- at VGX December 7th. Nintendo will be attending and are "planning something special", according to Reggie; but what they consider special differs from how I perceive the word some times, so for all I know they could simply be giving away beanies to the audience.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Let people talk me into thinking we'd get a character reveal this week. Going back to believing we won't get out next reveal until the first week of December. There is a remote possibility Nintendo might be showing a Super Smash Bros trailer -- or another game -- at VGX December 7th. Nintendo will be attending and are "planning something special", according to Reggie; but what they consider special differs from how I perceive the word some times, so for all I know they could simply be giving away beanies to the audience.

I'm actually expecting Zelda Wii U because Aonuma has supposedly been debating revealing Zelda Wii U since E3 and ALBW has a pretty good shot of winding up as the best rated 3DS game of the year. On the other hand, I'm also not holding my breath just because I can't stand the VGAs just because the event is so dude-bro that it's practically cancerous to watch.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well lets see what tomorrow brings us.

Zelda?
Ganondorf?
Other???

Or maybe Sakuai's favorite answer when things are speculated upon...
Nothing :troll:
And Surprise. Surprise.
It's Sakurai's favorite answer.

I would have been disappointed if Wario Bros. didn't bring up that ALBW doesn't come out in Japan until Dec 26.
And seeing how Sakurai usually goes by Japanese release dates, i kinda quickly jumped off of the Zelda hype train

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
This is something to look forward too:
http://wiiudaily.com/2013/11/reggie-says-expect-something-at-vgx/

Though the VGA's are known to be a joke. I guess its worth watching for this mystery announcement.
It could be the platform to announce newcomers. Not saying its gonna happen for sure, but definitely a possibility.

Chances are it might be something like Zelda Wii U

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My gold 3DS isn't going to arrive until the 4th for some reason!!!

However, I'm not happy it comes with a download version of the game.

I wonder if I could sell the download version online for enough money to buy a physical copy

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Though the VGA's are known to be a joke. I guess its worth watching for this mystery announcement.
It could be the platform to announce newcomers. Not saying its gonna happen for sure, but definitely a possibility.

Went to that site, read some of the comments and discovered Robin Williams is a LoZ fan and went so far as to name his daughter Zelda and did 2 commercials for LoZ. Probably really old news, but still was rather surprised.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yeah i remember a couple years back seeing a commercial with him and his daughter in a commercial, all I remember was him shaving his beard in it

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
As always, the best discussions happen on the 3DS boards.

The VGAs are going to have something? Hm... I dunno, a character or game reveal is quite possible. It'd be an interesting change of pace for sure since as already mentioned the VGAs aren't exactly crazy popular.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Got my gold 3DS XL! Downloading A Link Between Worlds right now! After that, Super Mario 3D World. Yeah buddy, going to be a good Thanksgiving week for me, even if I do work on Black Friday, but I need that moneda to pay off all this leisurely spending (and next semester's textbooks).

Would make sense. Zelda is probably the only game that can get the PS4/XBONE crowd to add a Wii U to their entertainment systems'. Considering it was almost shown at NYCC, would not surprise me in the least if Nintendo opted to try and show it off now instead of E3.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
This is why we don't do sudden death and Skyloft if banned XD

That might be the ONLY thing PSASBR did right, it had a smart overtime system.
Fixed

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Oddly lazy screenshot, oh well.
There's nothing lazy about it. If you've ever even attempted to take screenshots, you know the trouble you have to go to to time everything perfectly, get the poses down just right, getting the right angle, cooperation if someone else is controlling the 2nd character, etc.

It's pretty clear that the pattern is no pattern at all, and I think the aim is to leave a whole lot of details to launch

That much I agree with.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Bayonetta 1 port to the eShop as a digital download? Or it will be something about Zelda.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Xbone's and PS4's are having problems after release.

However, Xbone's are apparently known for catching fire, grinding disks and a few other things that i haven't read yet.
Source?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just stuff i've been hearing from friends in real life who had them. (They didn't give me any photos since they went to get refunds)

One of my friends saw his xbox catch on fire in front of him. (After have a screen death)
That's pretty scary... Microsoft. You keep making terrible mistakes!

Was the Wii U the only one with a good launch?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Damn. Who would have thought the Wii-U would have the best launch, I figured it was going to be the PS4. Go Nintendo. Hopefully by the time KH3 comes out they will have the Xbone fixed however as that will probably be the time when I try to get the Xbone, although Halo and Gears of War would probably make me try and get it but not before a Wii-U and 360. But still glad Nintendo seems to have had the best launch so far this gen and it wasn't that good to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom