• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Toad is gonna want to grow a 5'O clock shadow if he dares to stand a chance. If life has taught us anything is that you don't **** with talking mushrooms with stubble...If you are seeing a talking mushroom with stubble I recommend seeing your doctor immediately.

But in all seriousness, many have speculated that it might be the Zenda Wii U reveal.
Maybe Toad needs to take some frowning lessons from Kirby if he wants to have a chance...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So far in the game cat suits are common, but tanooki and boomerang bro suits have been really rare, so I try to hang on to those

But they made many secrets only the cat suit can get so I'm kind of forced to get it

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Boomerang Suit Peach is fabulous. So is her Tanooki transformation. I really hope that they continue the 3D series. Enjoying it more than the NSMB series. Though, I say that because NSMB2 was a flat out disappointing game to me.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
For those who have SM3DW How does it compare to SM64? Does it still have that same impact and epicness?

Boomerang Suit Peach is fabulous. So is her Tanooki transformation. I really hope that they continue the 3D series. Enjoying it more than the NSMB series. Though, I say that because NSMB2 was a flat out disappointing game to me.

That's probably because with each new NSMB game it becomes more and more of a rehash. lol

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
NSMBU was really good though. NSMB2 had so much potential to be cool and instead, the "collect all coins gimmick" took over. Lame.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Everyone's talking big about that new Mario game... Man, I'm sticking with Pokemon Y. My wallet can't handle all these releases.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Everyone's talking big about that new Mario game... Man, I'm sticking with Pokemon Y. My wallet can't handle all these releases.
I murdered my wallet this year... :dizzy:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Pokemon X
Pokemon Y
Wii U bundle with New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U
Super Mario 3D World
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

D

Deleted member

Capps said:
Well... That'll be fun to see how that happened....
Don't read this if you'd rather see for yourself:

For the final encounter with Bowser, he taunts you by holding out one of the Lucky Bells, then puts it on.
To make matters worse, he uses a few Double Cherries off-screen....
So yes, Bowser got wise and learned to use power-ups against you. Like Wario in Super Mario Land 2.

Malion

Smash Ace
why does luigi have lower traction anyway? him and mario wear the same shoes. I think Luigi should be portrayed with some dress shoes or penny loafers instead of boots with tread.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So i got to play with a PS4 today.

The PS4 controller feels really nice and it's comfortable to hold. Too bad it's the only thing i care about when it comes to the PS4's hardware.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So i got to play with a PS4 today.

The PS4 controller feels really nice and it's comfortable to hold. Too bad it's the only thing i care about when it comes to the PS4's hardware.
With all the talk before, those words stood out :urg:

Malion

Smash Ace
I really hope they bring back individual target tests next game... playing the same ones with each character just isn't the same. even if you could do it multiplayer.

Maybe add a multiplayer target test in addition to the individual ones? to go in a co-op classic mode maybe?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I really hope they bring back individual target tests next game... playing the same ones with each character just isn't the same. even if you could do it multiplayer.

Maybe add a multiplayer target test in addition to the individual ones? to go in a co-op classic mode maybe?
Maybe you can build your own target test stages and share them with friends.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
why does luigi have lower traction anyway? him and mario wear the same shoes. I think Luigi should be portrayed with some dress shoes or penny loafers instead of boots with tread.
Guess Luigi's boots are not slip-resistant?

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle

Because he keeps forgetting to take off his dance shoes who uses at dance parties. Oddly enough, he remembers to use he regular boots in the NSMB games :3

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Because he keeps forgetting to take off his dance shoes who uses at dance parties. Oddly enough, he remembers to use he regular boots in the NSMB games :3
Except NSLU.

why does luigi have lower traction anyway?

Gameplay wise Luigi was given poor traction to give players an even tougher challenge in SMB: The Lost Levels.

I murdered my wallet this year... :dizzy:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Pokemon X
Pokemon Y
Wii U bundle with New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U
Super Mario 3D World
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Eh.... This Christmas :
> Wii U bundle + NSMBU + NSLU
> 3DS
> Dark Moon
> DKCR 3D
> Pokemon Y
> Super Mario 3D World
> Super Mario 3D Land
> A Link between worlds
> Fire Emblem Awakening
> Nintendo Land (Curious :p)
> Wonderful 101
> Ocarina of Time 3D
> Animal Crossing New leaf
> Other games I forgot to list

All because I don't have a 3DS or Wii U. I haaaaate my life. I plan on just buying the games each month after Christmas or during my birthday BUT everyone here knows it, I'm impatient.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Eh.... This Christmas :
> Wii U bundle + NSMBU + NSLU
> 3DS
> Dark Moon
> DKCR 3D
> Pokemon Y
> Super Mario 3D World
> Super Mario 3D Land
> A Link between worlds
> Fire Emblem Awakening
> Nintendo Land (Curious :p)
> Wonderful 101
> Ocarina of Time 3D
> Animal Crossing New leaf
> Other games I forgot to list

All because I don't have a 3DS or Wii U. I haaaaate my life. I plan on just buying the games each month after Christmas or during my birthday BUT everyone here knows it, I'm impatient.
Dat Holiday money man... No matter how old you are it always keeps coming back. Gotta stimulate that economy baby!

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Just bought my copy of A Link Between Worlds. I'm gonna have to wait until Black Friday to push some old ******* out of the way to get my 3DS XL.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
All this talk about Luigi's traction keeps reminding of that nagging thought in my head that says "Why do the Ice Climbers trip? They're wearing spiked cleats."

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The reason Ice Climbers trip is because... well to be somewhat truthful it's one of the rare things that occasionally stops the Ice Climbers from pulling off a successful zero to death chain grab. Which is still a pretty moot thing when they're still game breaking anyway.

They don't even have the best traction. On the contrary, they have the 2nd weakest traction in both Melee and Brawl, being beaten only by Luigi.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The reason Ice Climbers trip is because... well to be somewhat truthful it's one of the rare things that occasionally stops the Ice Climbers. Which is still a pretty moot thing when they're still game breaking anyway.

They don't even have the best traction. On the contrary, they have the 2nd weakest traction in both Melee and Brawl, being beaten only by Luigi.
Why? They're wearing SPIKED CLEATS. :chuckle:

The reason Ice Climbers trip is because... well to be somewhat truthful it's one of the rare things that occasionally stops the Ice Climbers from pulling off a successful zero to death chain grab. Which is still a pretty moot thing when they're still game breaking anyway.
I never was saved by tripping when it came to the zero-death CGs. It's either thanks to execution error or exterior variables (Getting Boo'd at).

I'm fine with going against them with Snake though. I still love toying around with the Ice Climbers

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
[collapse="3D World Spoilers"]

Um... What's this? [/collapse]
This will give me nightmares!

Seriously I know the cat suit was the new hip thing for this game but this is overkill. Also I am about to consider that the use of cats in anything is a sin. I mean cats are not just a meme, pet, internet sensation, accessory product, oh no no no no... Now they are a part of the mario game franchise. This is truly ******** about how crazy this world is about cats

D

Deleted member

Be thankful it was a cat suit and not a horse suit.

(Also, you can't tell from the pic, but he's a tiger. That at least should take away from the "goddamn cat overkill".)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom