• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Honestly MK seems like an easy fix to me, nerf his KO power, especially up specials and Nair but to compensate that put some of the KO power that is nerfed into down special since that move is hard to hit with an requires more precise timing so it deserves more reward then what it gives currently, nerf the priority of of some of his move, most notably neutral special. and boom you still have a speedy damage racker whose most reliable kill move is rather hard to land yet still a higher tiered character. Or there is always PM, but I highly doubt he will be made with that in mind.

I'm more worried about ICs infinite CG, and infinities in general, myself. :C

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Honestly MK seems like an easy fix to me, nerf his KO power, especially up specials and Nair but to compensate that put some of the KO power that is nerfed into down special since that move is hard to hit with an requires more precise timing so it deserves more reward then what it gives currently, nerf the priority of of some of his move, most notably neutral special. and boom you still have a speedy damage racker whose most reliable kill move is rather hard to land yet still a higher tiered character. Or there is always PM, but I highly doubt he will be made with that in mind.

I'm more worried about ICs infinite CG, and infinities in general, myself. :C
With Namco-Bandai helping with the balancing, I could see MK becoming a fun, fair character.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
DID SOMEONE REALLY JUST SAY DIGIMON WORLD WAS A DISASTER IT IS THE BEST DIGIMON GAME EVER though I never got to play Re:Digitize, BUT STILL. IT'S AN ACTUAL DIGIMON GAME RATHER THAN SOME GENERIC RPG WITH DIGIMON TACKED ON. IS IT ANY COINCIDENCE THAT DIGIMON FELL INTO OBSCURITY WHEN IT FORGOT ABOUT WHAT IT WAS, A V-PET, AND JUST TRIED TO BE COOL. And that Re:Digitize became such a (relatively) big deal (for a series so far out of the spotlight), lol. It's tagline was basically "hey, it's Digimon World 1 again."

Also gross Wave, why don't you just go ahead and ask for nudes. CREEP.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So since we're all here, who are you guys going to main once the game comes out (based on the roster so far)?
I'll definitely be using Peach, Pikachu, and Toon Link, as always. I may try using Samus and Pit, and all three of the newcomers look really good right now, so I don't know. It's tough to decide, all of them are really good characters.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So since we're all here, who are you guys going to main once the game comes out (based on the roster so far)?

I'm not sure yet, Olimar is a probability I guess as I main him in Brawl because I like his play style. But like with each new Smash game I'll probably find a new/different character whose play style I like better with the new physics. Mega Man looks like he will have a very interest play style and the revamps of Bowser and Samus look nice, but it is hard to tell by just pictures. Wii Fit Trainer may even be a possibility if her play style ends up being like what i think it will be.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Man, just pouring all the salt over the wound.
You... changed your avatar? D:

Still gonna wait to see who else is revealed (be it newcomers or deja vu, more veterans) before deciding who I'll main.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Right now, I have Luigi and Megaman scoped out, with Fox and Bowser(?) as a secondary.

EDIT: Eh, Pit and Kirby are also looking good.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
From what's confirmed so far, I'm going with either Kirby or Bowser. That's tentative, though. But if Sakurai uses his famous Metronome attack on the roster again...

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572

Villager is going to be my first choice. Love his look of his moveset! Second is WFT. Third would be another newcomer (other than Megaman. His moveset doesn't interest me.). Then I will probably main Peach (in a Daisy recolor hopefully). Maybe one day they will announce Ice Climbers then I be dead stroked for this game.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Hey guys, question.

Just had a quick talk with a friend of mine who is still in the PSASBR scene and it really reminded me of something when MK was brought up.

In PSASBR a bunch of the balancing attempts were focused only on massive complaints from casual players online, not the people invested deeply into the game.

Sakurai seems to care a ton about keeping fans happy. Think he'll listen to us, or the tons of people spamming "Ike's F-Smash is too strong?"

He's made mention he knows MK needs to be fixed, but it's worth thinking about that we aren't likely to be the targets of balancing.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm not sure who I'll main, but I'll be trying all of the three known newcomers. I'll also be continuing to play as Marth and Toon Link.
Hey guys, question.

Just had a quick talk with a friend of mine who is still in the PSASBR scene and it really reminded me of something when MK was brought up.

In PSASBR a bunch of the balancing attempts were focused only on massive complaints from casual players online, not the people invested deeply into the game.

Sakurai seems to care a ton about keeping fans happy. Think he'll listen to us, or the tons of people spamming "Ike's F-Smash is too strong?"

He's made mention he knows MK needs to be fixed, but it's worth thinking about that we aren't likely to be the targets of balancing.
I think he'll have better judgement than that. He seems intent on trying to buff Link, who from my experience most casuals consider "OP" because of his spin attack.

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
"*woman simply lies down*"

"*beats off furiously*"

-- Wave
Some people just enjoy the simpler things in life.

How often do you get to see someone defying physics and logic by laying on the wings of a tilted plane in midair?

That complete disregard to the laws of physics and science gets my "brain" some sort of "intrigued", my friend.

Most curious, indeed.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Oh yeah, who I'll main: the random button for quite a while. Really, my hands aren't good enough to be the master of some character and I'll be too focused on stages anyways.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You were supposed to cry again so that I could say you asked for it.
I only cry of laughter when there's something to laugh at.

Instead, there was a legitimate point of "interest".

Speaking of which, did I mention I just happen to have a new plane that you'd look just smashing on?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So were doing mains? I'll main Kirby obviously and MK secondary as I always planned since 64. I learned all the characters in 64 and ever since then I honor the original cast by learning 12 characters, did it in melee and brawl so this time around it'll be....

Kirby
MK
marth/(or roy or lyn lol)
ZSS
Palutena or pit
Villager
Megaman
Sonic
Ness
shulk if he's in
As for the last 2 i'll need to see the finished product and see who I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom