• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Again, debatable.

...Actually, no. It just plain doesn't. HAD might be a better term since that's more debatable. Now, it's kind of ridiculous to the point of it being no wonder that no one really watches it anymore or talks about it even though it does still get new seasons.
Really? It gets more seasons?

At least Digimon had character development. Pokemon resets the character every episode and follows the same formula. Every episode

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
You know what I like best about Pokemon?

You know what I like best about Digimon?

Edit: screw picture hosting sites
I don't play Pokemon TCG, but i love watching online TCG matches on Youtube.
I'm curious to see how they handle Mega evolutions. I wounder if the EX rule would apply to Megas or possibly 3 Prize cards.

EDIT: 15th time is the charm... :glare:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Two Dragon Quest trademarks in English -- likely for the West! Luminaries of the Legendary Line and The Seeds of Salvation. C'mon Reggie, give me some Dragon Quest so I can continue holding onto my small glimmer of hope that the series will find its way into Super Smash Bros.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Okay, i'll just have to wait and fine out then.

Another Topic: Idk if this has been talked about yet, but:

Do you guys think projectiles and character knock-backs on the Mario Galaxy stage will arc with the stage's gravitational pull??

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Do you guys think projectiles and character knock-backs on the Mario Galaxy stage will arc with the stage's gravitational pull??
Like if I throw a bob-omb across stage on Smashville it slowly arcs to the ground, but if I throw it on Mario Galaxy it makes a larger curve before hitting the ground? Kind of like a semi-circle stage?

Oof, I can imagine the implications.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Like if I throw a bob-omb across stage on Smashville it slowly arcs to the ground, but if I throw it on Mario Galaxy it makes a larger curve before hitting the ground? Kind of like a semi-circle stage?

Oof, I can imagine the implications.
Yeah, exactly like that.

Another example: Samus' Charge shot would arc over the stage in the air.
Or you would have to hit characters hard enough to leave the orbit.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
The best discussions happen on the 3DS boards :3

Anyways, I could see something like that on the stage. It'd make items seriously insane and fun.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Cue the slew of projectile camping. That stage would be an awesome counterpick against slow characters like Bowser.

For example, :snake:::bowser2: would easily be 65:35 because of the ease that Snake has with camping.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not nearly as much as a newcomer being leaked, or even some of the more up-in-the-air veterans. MK is pretty much expected to be a safe return.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well it's good to hear that he's having a lot more fun than he had with Melee or Brawl. That said, it's disheartening that he doesn't trust others in regards to certain things, though I am interested to hear what exactly brought about his distrust. The man's way too hard on himself.

If we aim for complete fairness, there won't be any personality to it. By the way, I almost always win in these battles. I'm no wimp at this by now, apparently.

:laugh:

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Unless he gets a nerf, Meta Knight will most likely continue to be the top character.

I mean look at his moves. Even a nerf will leave him top tier.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Nerf Metaknight. It'll expose people who don't care about the poor swordsman outside of Smash Bros (and I can finally main all 3 Kirby characters)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Another Topic: Idk if this has been talked about yet, but:

Judging from the picture where Samus uses her Charge Shot, yes.

Also, as a MK main I need the nerfs. I want to play him with better conscience.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I wish I could give this more likes :laugh: best photoshop i've seen ya do so far. (btw i'm saving this, if you don't mind)
Go ahead, I'll probably repost it again when he is revealed. :laugh:

I'm sure Metaknight will be hit with the nerf gun to some degree. I'm curious to see if he will get any new moves as a replacement.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think we should buff the other characters, more then simply nerf the best character. Most likely a mixture of both.
If every character was up to MK's power we'd just constantly fling everyone about, things would get too powerful.

I don't think we should necessarily nerf all the good characters, getting them somewhere along where Marth is would probably be best. So yeah, a mixture of both.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Project M confirmed for too powerful.
Not sure if just joking or whatever, but I'm going into fact mode:

Meta Knight did receive quite some justified nerfs in Project M. His Side-B is super immobile, he's no longer a gimping god, he falls as fast as a meteor (but not as fast as a Fox), his Up-B has little kill potential, his Down-Smash was nerfed in knockback and speed, his down-tilt no longer moves him forward (as little a nerf as that might be), the tornado's time period can't be extended, and there's some minor nerfs to things like Nair and such too.

He did also receive a few buffs, his new Dair combined with l-cancelling makes him much more mobile, and his Down-B has gotten a lot more kill potential and you can flick the c-stick to slash whenever you want to, and it doesn't put you into freefall in air anymore. But those are small buffs compared to the nerfs.

I think they did a good job balancing him and making him fit into the Melee environment though.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Go ahead, I'll probably repost it again when he is revealed. :laugh:

I'm sure Metaknight will be hit with the nerf gun to some degree. I'm curious to see if he will get any new moves as a replacement.
Thx, it was pretty funny.

yeah the best thing is to take the priority away from grounded shuttle loop and tornado. something similar to PM Metaknight would be nice.

And nah I don't think he'll get new moves well except for the down thrust, he fights with quick sword movements and the specials derive from kirby's games, I expect smash 4's MK to play like PM's tbh. he'll still be high tier I assume but not ridiculously OP with the priority moves nerfed.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Thx, it was pretty funny.

yeah the best thing is to take the priority away from grounded shuttle loop and tornado. something similar to PM Metaknight would be nice.

And nah I don't think he'll get new moves well except for the down thrust, he fights with quick sword movements and the specials derive from kirby's games, I expect smash 4's MK to play like PM's tbh. he'll still be high tier I assume but not ridiculously OP with the priority moves nerfed.
It's pretty hard to make a character like Meta Knight suck, unless you intentionally want him to suck. He's definitely still ending up in high tier.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I was more referring to how the majority of the more flawed characters got major buffs, instead of primarily focusing on nerfing the better characters.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Nerf Metaknight. It'll expose people who don't care about the poor swordsman outside of Smash Bros (and I can finally main all 3 Kirby characters)

Yes, please. Expose all those who depend on a top tier to survive. So really hoping for the nerfs he so rightfully deserves, and so other characters (who I hope will be balanced too) can also step up to the place.
But then, idc who's top this time, as long as they have greatly noticeable weaknesses, and some bad matchups/stages. Even melee, despite my hatred for it, its #1 had a bad MU iirc. MK on the other hand, I consider to be steroids for players in that game.
Honestly, when a character like him that's easy to use, has a great nearly impossible to gimp recovery while he could gimp practically everyone else's recoveries, has no bad stages or matchups, high priority hitboxes, good speed and is the very character responsible for the LGL rule existing, you know there's something wrong. I would gladly make him one of my punching bags whenever he returns, along with the rest of the characters I truly hate, with skulls on top.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Still, I wouldn't want Meta Knight nerfed to the point of being unusable. I mean, again, Project M gave him just the right amount of adjustments to make him still viable without being centralizing.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Still, I wouldn't want Meta Knight nerfed to the point of being unusable. I mean, again, Project M gave him just the right amount of adjustments to make him still viable without being centralizing.

I love his play style in Project M. THAT's the Metaknight I know from the Kirby franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom