• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

berserker01 said:
It seems like any important Toad is probably Toad in the eyes of those creatures with 2 eye balls that can breathe, think and be human.

(Though with less evil tone)

Every "major" Toad is "Toad". No questions asked. Even when two or more co-exist.

(Though with less evil tone)

Every "major" Toad is "Toad". No questions asked. Even when two or more co-exist.
Well he looks awfully pink :\

For now, I'm not fine with Toad being rejected for Smash UNTIL I GET A WII U AND UNTIL I BUY MARIO 3D WORLD, then I'll be fine.

Edit : I got no objections *Raises hands*. I overlook a lot. Mai bad

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well, I got my first Morbid like.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
And here I was thinking Morbid is Vin Diesel. Boy do I feel silly:upsidedown:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Seriously, though. I don't believe that even for a second. I'll need a hell of a lot more convincing than that.

And I have a feeling I probably don't want to be convinced.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You guys think a character reveal will happen soon?
Maybe. I try not to get my hopes up so I don't get disappointed, of course that's easier said than done.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yeah, I'm highly doubting we'll something A Link Between Worlds related tomorrow if Sakurai keeps on relying on Japanese release dates for celebrations. Said game will be out in Japan December 26, so it'll be a while if the trend follows.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Man, the only thing I want to see is a new character reveal. Hey, it's cool we're getting all these vetrans, but I need something to hype me up. That galaxy stage kinda did, but not enough for me to cream myself metaphorically. Which is what I want. I want to feel that same feeling I did again, like I did with Charizard. Any of you the same?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Man, the only thing I want to see is a new character reveal. Hey, it's cool we're getting all these vetrans, but I need something to hype me up. That galaxy stage kinda did, but not enough for me to cream myself metaphorically. Which is what I want. I want to feel that same feeling I did again, like I did with Charizard. Any of you the same?
I don't think I feel Charizard is supremely hot like you do. :troll:

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I feel Charizard is supremely hot like you do. :troll:
Cute. I'll break it down for you.

You guys waiting for that super strong hype you get just for a moment? Like that character that got in and you just lost it in the inside? I felt that with Charizard, and that's what got me to buy SSBB.

I'm not gonna sugar coat it- this game looks weak roster-wise. But if a good character gets in, I'm sold.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sir, there's a reason for the trollface. It means I'm joking.

I know what hype is. But not much has got me hyped for any of them at all. Good rosters(even this current roster for Smash 4 is excellent) help. The two characters I want the most are very unlikely, so I doubt I'll be hyped much for this game regardless.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Sir, there's a reason for the trollface. It means I'm joking.

I know what hype is. But not much has got me hyped for any of them at all. Good rosters(even this current roster for Smash 4 is excellent) help. The two characters I want the most are very unlikely, so I doubt I'll be hyped much for this game regardless.
Who are the two characters you want most?
So.....can we finally put a nail in the coffin for Toad???
Why, did something happen?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So.....can we finally put a nail in the coffin for Toad???
(Un)fortunately, no. Unless he outright says it. His other statement "Moves may change before release"(paraphrased) still holds up.

I still doubt him now more than ever, but he hasn't actually de-confirmed him. It's really a case of wait till release or a statement "He isn't playable". That's the thing about Sakurai, he's too unpredictable.
Who are the two characters you want most?
Brian(Quest 64) and Agumon(Digimon). Both started as Video Game characters, but only the latter has any real chance, since Namco-Bandai owns him. Brian, well, nobody owns the right to Quest 64 anymore. The company is gone.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Wow, I actually never knew Digimon was a game first, I only knew it as the show. I should go check it out.

And as much as I want Toad in SSB4, this picture pretty much does in his chances. I feel if Toad was going to be in, Peach's special would've been changed to Toadsworth by now. Only hope left is that Sakurai has no qualms making Toad both and a character, and he simply didn't reveal today because it's too early for newcomers.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Well Digimon started as pocket pets. Like tamagatchi. Your mileage may vary on whether or not that qualifies as a video game or not(just for the record I'm of the opinion that it does, but a lot of people aren't).

They certainly didn't start as an anime like a lot of people think, though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well Digimon started as pocket pets. Like tamagatchi. Your mileage may vary on whether or not that qualifies as a video game or not(just for the record I'm of the opinion that it does, but a lot of people aren't).

They certainly didn't start as an anime like a lot of people think, though.
Mr. Game & Watch started the same, albeit, the Mr. part is specifically from Smash. Either way, he's still in a type of video game first. Which is an electronic device with a screen by definition.

@FalchionX7: I could've gone with salt water, but I didn't want to drown anyone. :troll:

But seriously, I'm not sure about him, which is why I striked him out.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Alright, I'm assuming something did happen. Could someone explain, please?
Most accurately, one's hopes for Toad showing up as playable is low. Still possible, but not on the high point scale.

And no, he is not de-confirmed either. Sakurai has yet to actually say that. It's hinted at that Toad won't be playable at best due to still being Peach's Neutral B move.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Mr. Game & Watch started the same, albeit, the Mr. part is specifically from Smash. Either way, he's still in a type of video game first. Which is an electronic device with a screen by definition.
Oh I'm not implying Digimon aren't eligible for Smash or anything. I'm just clarifying because saying Digimon are from a video game is a bit misleading because it's not what people usually think of when they think videogame.

Also an electronic watch is a device with a screen but not a videogame. Or a pedometer./sarcasticsmartass A video game is a game that's played on an electric device with a screen. The issue some people have is they think electronic pets aren't games. Which, again, I personally disagree with, expecally with Digimon. It's basically the same concept as pokemon. Or, hell, Monster Rancher. Raise a monster fight other monsters.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh I'm not implying Digimon aren't eligible for Smash or anything. I'm just clarifying because saying Digimon are from a video game is a bit misleading because it's not what people usually think of when they think videogame.

Also an electronic watch is a device with a screen but not a videogame. Or a pedometer./sarcasticsmartass A video game is a game that's played on an electric device with a screen. The issue some people have is they think electronic pets aren't games. Which, again, I personally disagree with, expecally with Digimon. It's basically the same concept as pokemon. Or, hell, Monster Rancher. Raise a monster fight other monsters.
Should've clarified more, my bad.

The way I look at is Digimon looked at Eevee, and did an entire concept based upon it. They have other similarities too. The Digimentals/Digi-Armor Eggs are somewhat similar to the various items evolutions. Notably, Digimion did the fusion idea first, as well as the Burst Mode thing. So Pokemon did do two similar things specifically, the Kyurem fusions(actually, this is closer to the Digi-Xross instead), and of course, Mega Evolutions are pretty much the exact same thing as Burst Mode. But even so, the series are both very different, so who cares?

Digimon has the better Anime, Pokemon has the better games, and they both have great Toys(I mean regular toys, not Electronic Toys that are pretty much video games in everything but name).

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Dude. What if they gave Genesect an appearance in Smash 4. Like, they replace Lucario for Mewtwo and add in Genesect. (Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo, Genesect as the lineup)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Dude. What if they gave Genesect an appearance in Smash 4. Like, they replace Lucario for Mewtwo and add in Genesect. (Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo, Genesect as the lineup)
I'd personally love that, but Genesect is already fading into the background along with all the other previous legendaries that had their starring moments, and is ultimately going to be hugging Deoxys and Darkrai thinking back to their glory days once Smash 4 hits shelves. His movie and limelight simply came at an unfortunate timing concerning Smash Bros, and so did all of Gen 5.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Digimon has the better Anime
Debatable.

Not like anything Digimon has been worth looking at since season 3.

No one cares about Genesect. That's why Mewtwo had to be in it's movie.

So people would watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom