• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
If they keep DACUS in Smash 4, I hope Sakurai makes Sheik's easier to pull off. That way Ftilt(lock)>Fthrow>DACUS can finally be a true combo.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
THAT'S what DACUS is!? The fancy abbreviation always made me think it was some fancy smancy pro maneuver, but that's something I do all the time. Damn you fancy abbreviations!

Edit: Oh never mind it's different from a normal sliding up smash.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Anyhow, here's a fun little prompt I'd like to toss out for everyone: Suppose that every character in Smash 4 is going to have a "home stage" ala Melee's All-Star Mode, but that stage MUST directly come from one of their featured games (Nothing like ROB having the Mario Bros. stage or Roy having Final Destination), and it MUST be a new stage (you can use new SSB4 stages currently revealed though).

What would all your choices be per character? As a starting point, just do the currently confirmed characters and the remainder of the Brawl cast, but feel free to add your unconfirmed newcomer selections as well if you'd like.

Looks like this got buried under today's update AND the next page, which was just two posts after my prompt, but I really was curious to see how people would fill in the gaps for these, especially for some of the more difficult characters like ROB or others.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Looks like this got buried under today's update AND the next page, which was just two posts after my prompt, but I really was curious to see how people would fill in the gaps for these, especially for some of the more difficult characters like ROB or others.
Mario: Galaxy (supposing it's not Rosalina's home, if that's the case then Acorn Plains maybe)
Bowser: Bowser's Castle (representing also Mario Kart)
Peach: Castle's Hall (first room in Mario 64)
Luigi: King Boo's mansion from Mansion 2
Wario: WarioWare 2
Yoshi: another Island stage, with the style of the first Yoshi's Island (EXACTLY that style, not some in-between ****)
Donkey Kong: that stage from Jungle Beat with all the jelly in the sky (yes impossible but I loved it)
Diddy & Dixie: that Sunset stage from DKCountry
Link: Temple Of Time (a mix between all of its appearances, à la Melee)
Toon Link: Dragon Roost Island
Zelda: Skyloft
Sheik: Hyrule Field
Ganon/Ganondorf: the last dungeon from Ocarina Of Time
Samus: Pyrosphere (supposing it's not Ridley's, if that's the case then a new Zebes stage)
Zero Suit Samus: the main set of Other M probably
Pit: Labyrinth Of Deceit (supposing the announced one is Palutena's, but they can be interchangeable)
Captain Olimar: Garden Of Hope
Captain Falcon: new, better Big Blue, but all the other stage could return
Fox: Sauria
Falco: Asteroid Field (from Lylat Wars 64)
Wolf: new Venom
Ice Climbers: retro Mountain 1 (first level of the game which works like DK's stage from Brawl)
R.O.B.: the level with the Professor, Gyromite
Mr. Game & Watch: Flat Zone 3
Kirby: a level from Epic Yarn on that style
Metaknight: no idea
Dedede: no idea (not a Kirby fan)
Pikachu: Pokémon Stadium 3
Pokémon Trainer: Pokémon League (the room changes randomly each time for a total of three rooms representing Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard)
Jigglypuff: Poké Floats 2
Mewtwo: Cerulean Cave
Lucario: that city in X/Y by the sea where you find MegaLucario
Marth: another Castle Siege representing different FE scenarios (supposing Arena Ferox is Chrom's)
Ike: have no idea, the forest/castle where he battles the Black Knight?
Ness: new Fourside
Lucas: no idea, a better New Pork City maybe
Sonic: Windy Hill Zone
Snake: no idea really, the forest at the beginning of Snake Eater?
Megaman: Wily's Castle
Villager: Smashvillage 2
Wii Fit Trainer: Training room

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Talking stages, ey?

I'm excited to see how the new Final D will look like.

If it's anything like the final stage of SSE where you fight tabuu, that would be BANANAS.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Talking stages, ey?

I'm excited to see how the new Final D will look like.

If it's anything like the final stage of SSE where you fight tabuu, that would be BANANAS.
Pls, anything but Brawl FD.
Those ledges kill EVERYTHING.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I was going to post this reply earlier in my college library, but I ran out of time.

Here's only going off stages we've had so far:

:mario2: Mushroom: Kingdom
:drmario: Mushroom: Kingdom II?
:luigi2: Luigi's Mansion
:peach: Princess Peach's Castle
:bowser2: Mushroomy Kingdom?
:yoshi2: Yoshi's Island (SSBB)
:wario: Wario Ware Inc.
:dk2: Kongo Jungle (not Congo Jungle from SSB64)
:diddy: Rumble Falls
:link2: Bridge of Eldin
:zelda::sheik: Hyrule Castle
:younglinkmelee: Great Bay
:toonlink: Pirate Ship
:ganondorf: Temple or Gerudo Valley
:samus2::zerosuitsamus: Planet Zebes
:pit: Skyworld
:popo: The Summit
:kirby2: Green Greens
:metaknight: Halberd
:dedede: Fountain of Dreams
:olimar: Distant Planet
:fox: Sector Z (or Corneria)
:falco: Venom
:wolf: Lylat Cruise
:falcon: Port Town: Aero Drive
:pikachu2: Saffron City
:jigglypuff: Pokemon Stadium 2
:pichumelee: PokeFloats
:pt: Pokemon Stadium
:mewtwomelee: ???
:lucario: Spear Pillar
:marth: Akaneia (unfinished stage from Melee. Hey, that counts, right? :troll:)
:roymelee: ???
:ike: Castle Siege
:ness2: Onett
:lucas: New Pork City
Villager: Smashville
Wii Fit Trainer: "The Gym" (or whatever it's called)
:rob: ??? Mario Bros?
:gw: Flat Zone
:snake: Shadow Moses Island
:sonic: Green Hill Zone
Megaman: Dr. Wily's Castle

Aaaaand for some newcomers:

Toad: Mario Circuit
Bowser Jr.: Delfino Plaza
:rosalina: Mario Galaxy stage
Ridley: Norfair
Dark Samus: Frigate Orpheon
Palutena: "Wrath of the Reset Bomb" stage
Chrom: Arena Ferox
Porky: Fourside (since he appears in the Monotoli building in Earthbound and you see his helicopter on the stage)
Mii: Pilotwings stage? (since Wuhu Island is there and all)

----

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Anyone want to take bets if we get a reveal tonight? And who it might be?

Anyhow, here's a fun little prompt I'd like to toss out for everyone: Suppose that every character in Smash 4 is going to have a "home stage" ala Melee's All-Star Mode, but that stage MUST directly come from one of their featured games (Nothing like ROB having the Mario Bros. stage or Roy having Final Destination), and it MUST be a new stage (you can use new SSB4 stages currently revealed though).

What would all your choices be per character? As a starting point, just do the currently confirmed characters and the remainder of the Brawl cast, but feel free to add your unconfirmed newcomer selections as well if you'd like.
Mario: Mario Galaxy
Luigi: Luigi's Greater Mansion
Peach: New Mushroomy Kingdom
Bowser: Bowser's Castle
Yoshi: Yoshi's New Island
WarioWare: Diamond City
Donkey Kong: Sunset Shores
Diddy Kong: Sunset Shores
Link: Skyloft
Zelda: Hyrule Castle
Sheik: Gerudo Valley
Ganondorf: Gerudo Valley
Toon Link: Outset Island
Samus: Skytown Elysia
Pit: That Other Town
Ice Climbers: Icicle
R.O.B: Nintendo
Kirby: Patch Land
Meta-Knight: Return of the Halberd
King DDD: Cookie Country
Olimar: Garden of Hope
Fox: Corneria
Falco: Asteroid Belt
Wolf: Sector Y
Capt. Falcon: Fire Field
Pikachu: Lumiose City
Pokémon Trainer: Pokémon Stadium III
Jigglypuff: Rumble Floats
Lucario: N's Castle
Mewtwo: Tin Tower
Marth: Arena Ferox
Ike: Arena Ferox
Ness: Saturn Valley
Lucas: Saturn Valley
Villager: New Smashville
Wii Fit Trainer: Gym
Mr. Game and Watch: Game and Watch Gallery
Sonic the Hedgehog: Windy Hill Zone
Megaman: Dr. Wily's Castle

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'll say it again...

I think we're getting Zelda for Friday.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Yeah. I'm nearly certain that we'll get zelda.

But looking at the site, they better get a newcomer in here quickly. The abundance of squares from veterans is throwing off the design, we need a rectangle. :p

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'll say it again...

I think we're getting Zelda for Friday.
Well, tomorrow's the anniversary of A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time in Japan, and the day before A Link Between World's and the Zelda 3DS XL is released. If we are getting a Zelda reveal, tomorrow makes the most sense.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm not even going to contest your optimism for once, Swamp, on account of Monk reminding me that MarthxZelda fits with the all-encompassing master fic/pairings. Mostly because RoyxLink.

Don't take this as me being hopeful, though. I'll still be laughing especially hard when we get either nothing or something completely unrelated to Zelda/a character reveal.

Malion

Smash Ace
I kind of hope to see what version of Ganondorf we'll get. I'm not worried about Zelda/Sheik appearing, mind you.
Considering Link is TP Link again I have no doubt Ganon and Zelda will follow suit. I can't imagine them making it Skyward Sword Zelda to go with TP Link.... though I am curious if the makers of SS decided to randomly make a Skyward Sheik for the hell of it because they knew Sakurai would ask.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Considering Link is TP Link again I have no doubt Ganon and Zelda will follow suit. I can't imagine them making it Skyward Sword Zelda to go with TP Link.... though I am curious if the makers of SS decided to randomly make a Skyward Sheik for the hell of it because they knew Sakurai would ask.
Oh I dunno.

I think we may get a TP esque Zelda with blond hair.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Toon Ganondorf isn't impossible, mind you. It'd give us an entirely unique moveset. Likewise, considering he had Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik planned at one time, he doesn't seem to have an issue overall with showing off more than one Wind Waker character.

But yeah, it'll probably be the TP design. I just want a dual sword wielder.

Malion

Smash Ace
Toon Ganondorf isn't impossible, mind you. It'd give us an entirely unique moveset. Likewise, considering he had Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik planned at one time, he doesn't seem to have an issue overall with showing off more than one Wind Waker character.

But yeah, it'll probably be the TP design. I just want a dual sword wielder.

Oh trust me I would like Toon Zelda/Ganon/Shiek(Tetra) a lot but I feel there will at least be regular versions of those characters to pair with Link.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

Made this as my first post in Miiverse. I'm rather proud of it. However, my brother decided to make this instead:

It's better than that Mickey Mouse one, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom