• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malion

Smash Ace
My feet hurt. Somebody come rub them for me.

You there, new guy. You're up.

This is your baptism.

Let my gross foot sweat wash over you and cleanse you of all rational thinking and good taste.
For having feasting style sprites you deserve a good food rub. Lol

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Lol That's okay, dude. I'm good.
How good can you be when you chose such a S***** Starter. Like really.

That was also your baptism.

@Malion: That last post was a trap to Smoke out the gross foot fetishists and I'm sorry to say you fell for it.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
I'm good enough to know that haters gonna hate.

Aaaand for referencing such a ridiculously old and long-dead meme, I think most here can probably tell what kind of poster you'll be!

Anyhow, here's a fun little prompt I'd like to toss out for everyone: Suppose that every character in Smash 4 is going to have a "home stage" ala Melee's All-Star Mode, but that stage MUST directly come from one of their featured games (Nothing like ROB having the Mario Bros. stage or Roy having Final Destination), and it MUST be a new stage (you can use new SSB4 stages currently revealed though).

What would all your choices be per character? As a starting point, just do the currently confirmed characters and the remainder of the Brawl cast, but feel free to add your unconfirmed newcomer selections as well if you'd like.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Aaaand for referencing such a ridiculously old and long-dead meme, I think most here can probably tell what kind of poster you'll be!
You are not allowed to do that to a response to one of my posts.

It's like you think you are Strong enough to fight my not-battles for me and we both know that is not possible.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Any excited for Super Mario 3D World?

lol

And I never expected this:

"This is Mario like you’ve never seen him before, and unlike so many of his next-gen rivals, he nips along at an effortless 60fps. If the true measure of new hardware’s worth is how stark the difference is between it and what came before, then this is the most next-gen game that 2013 has yet produced."

~Edge

Pls save the Wii U.
View attachment 4511
I assume that means you'll be pushed past the blast lines if you stand on the windmill.

-----
Uhm, is it like WAY too early for a pic of the day?

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I didn't mean it as a meme...

Don't worry, I don't even know what the guy that quoted you is talking about. Some people on this board are just really argumentative, don't take it personally. =)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But she still ain't gettin' in. :troll:
Instead we'll get your nemesis Sheik and the evil Toon Sheik if we're lucky. :awesome:

But fret not, as Impa could still be referenced....

as one of Sheik's palettes. :p

There's no Toon Sheik, and there never will be a Toon Sheik. Especially not in Smash.

Zelda might get revealed tomorrow. I'll tell you, it's 100% sure Sheik won't be featured in that update.

Impa might take a backrole in ALBW, but at least she's there. Can't be said about Sheik in any game that's not a remake. She didn't even had reason to be in ALBW, cause she wasn't even in ALTTP. She is becoming more and more of a staple. So be sure she'll be in the upcomming Zelda games with bigger roles like in Skyward Sword. She'll be in Smash one day, and Sheik will never be in a Zelda game again that isn't Ocarina of Time.

Impa > Tetra >>> Sheik >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Toon Sheik

:diddy:-----:diddy::diddy:----:diddy::diddy:----:diddy::diddy::diddy:----:diddy::diddy::diddy:
:diddy:-----:diddy:------:diddy:-------:diddy:----:diddy:--------:diddy:----:diddy:--------:diddy:
:diddy:-----:diddy:----------------------:diddy:----:diddy::diddy::diddy:---:diddy::diddy::diddy:
:diddy:-----:diddy:----------------------:diddy:----:diddy:---------------------:diddy:--------:diddy:
:diddy:-----:diddy:----------------------:diddy:----:diddy:---------------------:diddy:--------:diddy:

This is glorious, and will be my sig.

Oh well, I tried... but it had too many lines... :/

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Yes. Both it and A Link Between Worlds have been getting solid reviews which erases my previous worries of both of them being disappointments. Heck, a lot of people are even saying ALBW is the best Zelda since Majora's Mask and will take the franchise in a much needed new direction so it greatly raises my expectations for Zelda Wii U.

Yes. Both it and A Link Between Worlds have been getting solid reviews which erases my previous worries of both of them being disappointments. Heck, a lot of people are even saying ALBW is the best Zelda since Majora's Mask and will take the franchise in a much needed new direction so it greatly raises my expectations for Zelda Wii U.
Hot damn, Super Mario 3D World is getting some MAD praise right now.

Destructoid: 10/10
Edge: 9/10
Eurogamer: 10/10
Famitsu: 38/40
Game Informer: 9.25/10
GamesRadar: 4.5/5
Gamespot: 9/10
IGN: 9.6/10
Joystiq: 5/5
Nintendo World Report: 10/10
GameRankings: 94.22%

Metacritic: 93/100

I love EAD Tokyo

Malion

Smash Ace
I like the idea of a toon shiek and if Tetra ever makes it into a game I would hope she'd have a toon shiek costume. lol. Just for fun I guess. Her taunt can be drinking out of a teacup like that one random scene in sse.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I want that Bowser battle theme in that game thing. I often tend to love Bowser themes.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace

lol

And I never expected this:

"This is Mario like you’ve never seen him before, and unlike so many of his next-gen rivals, he nips along at an effortless 60fps. If the true measure of new hardware’s worth is how stark the difference is between it and what came before, then this is the most next-gen game that 2013 has yet produced."

~Edge

Pls save the Wii U.
Uhm, is it like WAY too early for a pic of the day?
That Mario game is freakin' awesome, really, this could save the WiiU sells and bad reputation it's been having.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What is the definition of next gen?

I always thought it just meant the next/ latest systems coming out, but apparently the wii u doesn't count for some reason

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
What is the definition of next gen?

I always thought it just meant the next/ latest systems coming out, but apparently the wii u doesn't count for some reason
That's what i assumed next gen was too.
But today it's been redefined as being ahead of the curb

D

Deleted member

There's no Toon Sheik, and there never will be a Toon Sheik. Especially not in Smash.

Zelda might get revealed tomorrow. I'll tell you, it's 100% sure Sheik won't be featured in that update.

Impa might take a backrole in ALBW, but at least she's there. Can't be said about Sheik in any game that's not a remake. She didn't even had reason to be in ALBW, cause she wasn't even in ALTTP. She is becoming more and more of a staple. So be sure she'll be in the upcomming Zelda games with bigger roles like in Skyward Sword. She'll be in Smash one day, and Sheik will never be in a Zelda game again that isn't Ocarina of Time.

What are you talking about? Sheik is there.

Look, there she is, in her "Zelda" persona. :troll:

Since you know....Sheik is Zelda. :p

As for Impa....unless Sakurai is looking to include scrawny old ladies, she ain't never gonna be in Smash.
Count on it.

Also count on Sakurai including Toon Sheik before he includes Impa since he's crazy enough to it and almost did.
Doesn't matter if it "doesn't exist" outside of Scribblenauts Unlimited for the Wii U, Sakurai don't give a ****. :awesome:

And with that, I've said all that that needed to be said. I have no need to talk about Dimpa anymore.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

No matter how much you like or dislike a character personally, it won't affect that character's chances unless you have a horde of people backing you up. Impa might have more roles than Sheik, but there's not any noteworthy demand for her. Sheik on the other hand has reasons enough to stay, being a Smash veteran already gives her a big edge over Impa. Brawl did make it clear that recency doesn't matter, and if it does, then remakes do matter, Pokémon Trainer having the Kanto starters goes to Sheik's favor with both arguments. Furthermore, Sheik has just as much reason to get in this time as she had in Brawl.

It's nice to really want something, but don't fool yourself with it, Sheik is much more likely to stay than a good chunk of other veterans, for exactly the same reasons as in Brawl, while Impa is an obscure character due to her minor role she has in by far the majority of her appearances and the fact that she doesn't have any noteworthy support behind her.

Not really expecting Sheik to be revealed alongside Zelda though, and even if Zelda has her SS design, I'd still say that Sheik's more likely to get an updated design to go along with it, again, like with Brawl.

That's my two cents on it. Dislike Sheik as you might, you gotta admit that you have the odds against you.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I fully understand that Impa is a bigger, more important and relevant character to Zelda than Sheik, but there are two major points that give Sheik a huge edge:
  • As Wariofan said, she's a veteran. That completely gives her an edge. Sakurai has said they're not going to go out and cut characters, so at least for the time being, she's still being, or has been, developed. So replacing her with Impa would not make sense since she is a veteran.
  • She is ZELDA. It is a part of the universal Zelda that Sakurai is attempting to represent, he's representing the major persona and part of her in the most highly-praised game in the franchise.
I don't see Impa replacing Sheik in the slightest.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Why can't we have Impa as an additional transformation for Zelda/Sheik?
It would all work out.
She can be her own slot. If that's not available, she can be an extra costume for Sheik(and Zelda could look like her design based upon the same game Impa's design is form). Or at least an Assist Trophy. Or for cripes' sake, a regular Trophy, or even a Sticker. FYI, I am disappointed she has zero Smash appearances whatsoever. She was kind of important in OOT, after all. Could've had a trophy in Melee...

D

Deleted member

I don't know, having fat saggy breasts can provide a interesting fighting style. :troll:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't know, having fat saggy breasts can provide a interesting fighting style. :troll:
That's actually kind of inspiring.

Imagine a character who has a disjointed, I dunno, wrecking ball or something, that moves around independently from the character and is not bound by pre-made animations. It moves by momentum alone, so using it to attack could be pretty interesting. Would probably be more fun in a FFA match though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Not to mention Impa never has a consistent design. Zelda is pretty much always a young woman around the same age every time, something that works well for Smash installments (there's also kid Zelda but she doesn't work for Smash's Zelda).

Impa has been a helpless old hag (with a long pointy nose), a husky middle-aged woman, and a young in-shape woman throughout. So it'll be hard to work with her when new future Zelda games and Smash games come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom