• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I know I'm late, but why is being disappointed that Bowser is the main villain in a Mario game yet again not a legitimate complaint? You might not feel that Bowser's been in too many games or that he isn't getting stale, but I don't think it's wrong to have maybe hoped that Nintendo would be willing to have a fresh antagonist.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Ah... DK... One of those classic franchises that I should probably actually start playing. Eh, I have Zelda to worry about first =P

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I know I'm late, but why is being disappointed that Bowser is the main villain in a Mario game yet again not a legitimate complaint? You might not feel that Bowser's been in too many games or that he isn't getting stale, but I don't think it's wrong to have maybe hoped that Nintendo would be willing to have a fresh antagonist.
This is how I felt about New Super Mario Bros. 2

That game has a huge emphasis on collecting coins, so hey I thought that Wario would of been a solid choice for such a game. Because nobody out greeds Mr. Greed!

But nope. Boozer and his not children.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This is how I felt about New Super Mario Bros. 2

That game has a huge emphasis on collecting coins, so hey I thought that Wario would of been a solid choice for such a game. Because nobody out greeds Mr. Greed!

But nope. Boozer and his not children.
Man, I would've bought the game if Wario starred as the Final Boss in NSMB2

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Who the hell plays the Mario platformers for the story?

Anywho, I have no clue what I'm more excited for this Friday: Super Mario 3D World or The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I actually did play 3D World, it was at Best Buy during E3.
Granted it wasn't the completed game.

but yeah, still not interested in the game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Imagine this thing in the water... You might never want to get inside a pool or swim again. You're welcome ;D

Pfft. Lugia would be a beautiful sight to see underwater.

Now imagine this underwater-

Now THIS is truly something you would never even want to see from a long distance if you were underwater.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Turned on my WiiU and updated my console. Apparently, I was given Wii Sports Club for nothing.

Anyone else, or is it just me?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I can't reply to anyone for some reason :ohwell: ,
but yeah Poppy I got Wii Sports Club for nothing too.
But It was installed on my Wii U since last week Monday when I turned it on.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Apparently, it's a free 24-hour demo. I deleted it since:

1. I don't have the required Wii Motion Plus.
2. It was taking up space I can use.
3. The original Wii Sports is collecting dust, so why would I play a slight update to it?

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Apparently, it's a free 24-hour demo. I deleted it since:

1. I don't have the required Wii Motion Plus.
2. It was taking up space I can use.
3. The original Wii Sports is collecting dust, so why would I play a slight update to it?
You don't have to justify it =P
(Reminds me that I haven't used my Wii U in a while. I blame pokemon XD)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Same, I got Batman Arkham: Origins for the Wii U and I have yet to get around to playing it, thanks to Pokémon...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I play the Mario platformers for the gamplay although the story may very well end up being a great and enjoyable one.

I wanted the original Super Mario Galaxy for it's gameplay, but loved the storyline, and I found Rosalina's Storybook to be touching. It was something I most certainly did not expect.

And Super Paper Mario was a platformer unlike the prievous installements in the Paper Mario series, and arguably had the best storyline of all them.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Pfft. Lugia would be a beautiful sight to see underwater.

Now imagine this underwater-

Now THIS is truly something you would never even want to see from a long distance if you were underwater.

Aw <3 That giant worm is so cute :D I'm going to name it wormy! :D It even has a door for me to climb in and be cozy when I feel cold.

Okay, imagine this... in the ocean. That thing is really cute though :)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
RPG's (I count Super Paper Mario) are perfectly fine for looking for stories in a Mario game, somewhat for 3D platformers, but you're crazy for 2D platformers and spin-offs.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
How are you guys talking about creepy underwater monsters and haven't brought up Mario 64's Unagi?

Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie are the reason why I am hesitant to play water levels.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Don't forget the Deep Pythons from that one area in Great Bay in LoZ: Majora's Mask.
Darn, I was about to mention that.
Oh, and it's Pinnacle Rock.

I was too scared to get the rest of the Zora Eggs because of them.
You can see their heads far back in their tunnels blending in with the rock wall behind them, just staring constantly forward at you, waiting for you to come close...

-----

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Darn, I was about to mention that.
Oh, and it's Pinnacle Rock.

I was too scared to get the rest of the Zora Eggs because of them.
You can see their heads far back in their tunnels blending in with the rock wall behind them, just staring constantly forward at you, waiting for you to come close...
Ah, right. Thanks for reminding me what the area is called. (been a long time since I've played MM. I'm kind of surprised I forgot the name of that area of all the places in the game)

And that's the main reason why I hated those Pythons on my first playthrough. As if Pinnacle Rock wasn't already bad enough because of the amount of work one has to do to get a guide through the strange underwater maze, looking into one of the tunnels only to see one of them stare at me all the way from the back of their deep tunnels was very unsettling.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Both are putting an emphasis on veterans, but Project M at least has the audacity to change up the characters for the sake of both fanservice and balance. By amateur developers none the less. So seriously, why should I be excited for the next Super Smash Bros. game again when so far both Smash 4 and Project M are trending on a similar concept but the latter is actually using it to it's advantage?
They may be amateurs in programming, but they know the game mechanics AND fanbase really well, plus focus on a game with a tournament mindset. I can't see why people hate it. It's a real big ambitious and succesful project. And people are even dropping Melee after YEARS for it.

Sakurai will probably make Smash 4 good in it's own way. I see no need to compare the games. Rather, I enjoy the differences. Might just only settle for Project M myself cause no money, and different / bigger priorities than gaming, but am still hyped to see more of Smash 4. It's looking great so far, and will no doubt have a lot of things we, and the PM team even, never thought of.

I mean, Mario Galaxy stage. **** is pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom