• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So technically there are 41 playable characters total?
Technically, yes.

But only 39 can be played without hacks/cheat codes 100% of the time in a match. Notably, Giga Bowser doesn't freeze up when you end the game with him(he has a results screen). I think his leftover data from Melee could be the cause of this. He also has a lot of extra unused data.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Oh, and Project M can be played in a casual manner too. Stuff like items are still intact, and the stage selection still has diverse enough choices. So, I don't get it when people say it's solely focused on competitive play when it still has elements that cater to both, plus fanservice and balance.
This is the way it was with Melee. Well, besides all the extra content and coolness.
This is also the reason why Project M is a better game than Brawl, it in no way affects the day-to-day enjoyment of the games by casuals negatively. The competitive aspect, that is.
Literally, there is absolutely no realistic downside to having a game like this. None.
Quick, someone do a study on a bunch of people who have never played Smash before to see which game they prefer!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It's about time they made something like this. I saw this last night on TV

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Literally, there is absolutely no realistic downside to having a game like this. None.
It's a fan hack/mod. No amount of glazing makes that appealing to me in any way, shape or form. But to each their own.

I think John pointed it out before that the downside many don't consider is that this will ultimately make Smash 4 seem less awesome if they don't live up to the (admittedly high) bar set by M.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I think John pointed it out before that the downside many don't consider is that this will ultimately make Smash 4 seem less awesome if they don't live up to the (admittedly high) bar set by M.
Many more than likely don't consider it become that really doesn't seem like much of a downside to begin with. I'd go as far as to say it isn't a downside at all. I mean, who does that affect in the long run? Not us. Either way we have a game we can play.

Sakurai? Eh, who even cares, then? That's his problem. Not ours. XD

D

Deleted member

So technically there are 41 playable characters total?
Yes. But as shinpichu said, technically 42 if you count Nana.
But for intents and purposes, they count together.

Notably, Giga Bowser doesn't freeze up when you end the game with him(he has a results screen). I think his leftover data from Melee could be the cause of this. He also has a lot of extra unused data.
Him not freezing the game at the results screen has nothing to do with Melee.
Or did you forget that Giga Bowser has no result screen data there?

And that extra unused data also includes animations only present in Brawl's Giga Bowser such as Assist Trophy summoning, clapping (he didn't have this animation in Melee), etc.

So no, the data was clearly copied from Brawl's Bowser and tweaked to produce different effects.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's a fan hack/mod. No amount of glazing makes that appealing to me in any way, shape or form. But to each their own.

In my opinion, both appeal to different crowds altogheter. Bet that the majority of Project M fans are still at least interessted in Smash 4. And I'm guessing at least 80% of those who are interessted will at least get the game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Him not freezing the game at the results screen has nothing to do with Melee.
Or did you forget that Giga Bowser has no result screen data there?

And that extra unused data also includes animations only present in Brawl's Giga Bowser such as Assist Trophy summoning, clapping (he didn't have this animation in Melee), etc.

So no, the data was clearly copied from Brawl's Bowser and tweaked to produce different effects.
I was talking about the data in general. Some if may have come from Melee. Obviously new data has to exist.

You entirely are missing my point. The unused data could've meant he was at one time intended to be a clone or boss in Brawl. But who knows?

That's all I was saying.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I would like to embolden the portion of my comment that read "like", for I do not speak of the particular instance in which we are in relating to Project: M's potential overshadowing of Smash 4, nor of Project: M's status as a simple hack/mod, which it is, but the fact that there is literally no downside to having a game with the mechanical depth of P:M as compared to the mechanical depth of Brawl, for fulfilling any worthy cause. Please understand~

D

Deleted member

I was talking about the data in general. Some if may have come from Melee. Obviously new data has to exist.

You entirely are missing my point. The unused data could've meant he was at one time intended to be a clone or boss in Brawl. But who knows?

That's all I was saying.

There is nothing in the post I quoted that even remotely hints at being in the context of that "main point".

No one here can read minds; say what you mean and mean what you say.

Times attempted to post this: 4

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There is nothing in the post I quoted that even remotely hints at being in the context of that "main point".

No one here can read minds; say what you mean and mean what you say.

Times attempted to post this: 4
Throughout a lot of my posts I indeed was wondering exactly what Giga Bowser was planned for in Brawl outside of just being a simple transformation. I did actually say this, more than once. Including that post. You're hanging too much onto everything said. I did mean what I said, and yes, I was incorrect about the data from Melee. But I still think that the fact they gave him results screen data could've meant something at one time only. Which is still all I'm getting at. Likewise, I should make a quick roster based upon that. Going strictly by file names, of course. I don't know if Wario-Man should count, seeing as he never had a results screen, and unlike Giga, wasn't a separate character in Smash. I think the reason Wario-Man has a character file is solely because he plays like a regular character, just obviously improved and has special unique data, like being invincible.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If anything the best of both worlds would be a chick with a ****
I think a **** would be a downgrade in a lot of ways. How many women would say "I want to swap sexual organs so that I too can have rather forgettable orgasms one at a time due to my newly found refractory period." Would also get in the way of lots of cute clothes, y'know? AND BESIDES, due to the compact nature of VULVAE, you can just wear any **** you want over it.

I guess the whole uterus thing could go though, who wants periods and babies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think a **** would be a downgrade in a lot of ways. How many women would say "I want to swap sexual organs so that I too can have rather forgettable orgasms one at a time due to my newly found refractory period." Would also get in the way of lots of cute clothes, y'know? AND BESIDES, due to the compact nature of VULVAE, you can just wear any **** you want over it.

I guess the whole uterus thing could go though, who wants periods and babies.
Well, it's still an improvement over a man with large breasts

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well, it's still an improvement over a man with large breasts
I guess you don't really gain anything from breasts. Just kind of there in the way. Really obstacious.

GOD DAMN, can you imagine trying to run naked like that? Balls and breasts bouncing around every whichaways. So painful.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Damn those Mario 3D World reviews are strong.
Gonna pick up the game day one hoping it will ease my hype for Sm4sh for a couple of weeks at least.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I guess you don't really gain anything from breasts. Just kind of there in the way. Really obstacious.

GOD DAMN, can you imagine trying to run naked like that? Balls and breasts bouncing around every whichaways. So painful.
And this is why Isaac shouldn't be in SMASH

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Oh my LOL, I just unlocked the trophy you get when you get 500 likes.
And I made like 300ish posts.

Users, please, contain your likes.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Bowser being the antagonist isn't really a legitimate complaint, right? Like, saying that doesn't really mean anything at all. It makes no difference who the bad guy is, they'd do the same thing Bowser did.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Bowser still antagonist... LOL, like that would detract from the quality of the game. (Apparently, it does.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom