• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's kind of cute how Star comes in here and all he wants to do is talk about music and share music he likes with everyone.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I don't know about you guys... but I can't wait for this guy to be revealed.

Meta Knight.png

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Are you kidding me? Maybe it's all the Touhou making me think of Scarlet Devil Mansion, but Dracula's Castle looks really good.
While some stages look great, others look like they have been made out of Brawl's stage builder and look baren and dull.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not a meta knight fan.

However, King Dedede is one of my favorite Nintendo characters

Probably because I played the dreamland series when I was growing up, and Meta Knight isn't part of the dreamland series.

I didn't play Kirby's Adventure or Kirby's Super Star until much later

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
While some stages look great, others look like they have been made out of Brawl's stage builder and look baren and dull.
Because the backgrounds were originally designed to blend with the stages, which is why the modified stages like Green Hill Zone and Distant Planet look unusual without the more natural terrain. Of course stages made by scratch like Metal Cavern avert this because the stage and background were made correlating to each other, instead of simply recycling one asset and modifying the other asset.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
People were complaining that I was down voting Isaac in the Project M Clone Engine Voting Thread thingermabob, and judging by that comment it's pretty easy to see why the character is never going to reach full potential with the restrictions at hand. But of course, people will still deny it and continue to push forward, much to their disappointment.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
People were complaining that I was down voting Isaac in the Project M Clone Engine Voting Thread thingermabob, and judging by that comment it's pretty easy to see why the character is never going to reach full potential with the restrictions at hand. But of course, people will still deny it and continue to push forward, much to their disappointment.
I CAN BELIEVE DO NOT RUIN MY DREAMS PLEASE I CAN AT LEAST BELIEVE

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I guess being a clone is a way Isaac can get into a smash game...

Other than maybe a sticker. Or AT of course

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
best of both worlds really... you have your male lead, and your boobs... c'mon.

(I'm mostly kidding but there is probably some unfortunate grain of truth to it)
If anything the best of both worlds would be a chick with a ****

Not a man with boobs

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
....only Ganondorf follows the "settle for clone" logic.

I meant as far as accepting the version of themselves in Smash, which I feel most if not all of those fall under "settling."

I'm not saying at all that I don't like/love the characters. They just feel like "settling" when considering what the characters COULD bring, rather than what they do bring. Woulda lumped Falco and Roy in there as well, but apparently they are okay for some reason.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ask anyone who has settled for any of the following:

:wolf:
:ganondorf:
:toonlink:/:younglinkmelee:
:pichumelee:
:drmario:
I'm fine with all of them. Wolf isn't a clone though.

Rest, yes. And where's Roy? I like Roy. And Giga Bowser is a playable clone now too(he has his own character file in Brawl, unlike the other Transformations. Nobody knows why, though. Could've had the data ported from Melee for all we know. Could've been ideally an unlockable clone at one time. I'm thinking it's just ported data, though) And Falco.

I'll settle for them all, really. I don't like cutting anyone, and I find no reason to cut them unless they can't be programmed properly and if you are low on time, some of the guys from the earlier games can go(minus the Original 12). Not that anyone should.

D

Deleted member

Wario-Man has a character file too.

You know why Giga Bowser and Wario-Man have character files?
Because they're the only Final Smash transformations that are actual playable characters.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wario-Man has a character file too.

You know why Giga Bowser and Wario-Man have character files?
Because they're the only Final Smash transformations that are actual playable characters.
They probably did port the data over from Melee for Giga. He's not heavily unchanged move-wise. There are differences, but it's not that different from Bowser from Melee to Brawl.

I don't remember seeing Wario-Man in the files, but I'll have to check again. But at least with Giga, he's not literally invincible in either game, so who knows. He could've been a boss again for all we know.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Dat pic....

Marth didn't have enough muscle to make it through the training...

He picked a bad time to be feminine.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Found a couple of Miiverse drawings I happened to like, so I decided to share what I found-

Love this awesome drawing of Mewtwo and Mew.

I'm hoping the Jiggs will have her bandana from Melee back.

Poor fans, waiting all night for the pic of the day, only for the evil overlord Sakurai to show something insignificant...................

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I really like that picture of :150: and :151:.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Final-****ing-ly!
YOSHI!

Also Kirby, Olimar, Ice Climbers and even Samus to! This was the best ****ing trailer for Project M ever! I should really try and get it now! Especially since everyone is claiming Diddy is bottom tier since nobody uses him. :smirk:

We'll always keep pushing for Isaac! You killjoy.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Hmmm... Marth looks uncomfortable. He probably needs a bed to sleep on, with soft pillows and a warm blanket. Maybe getting out of his normal garment would help too, and put on some comfortable pajamas. For some reason I'd imagine him wearing old fashioned onesies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom