• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I prefer WHANYA... AND I CAN'T EVEN UNHEAR IT NOW! WHY DID YOU HAVE IT RUIN IT FOR ME!?

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Laziness? Working day after day while dealing with tendonitis is far from laziness. Also, anytime you see a background decoration up close, it never looks as good as the actual solid parts of the stage. They're far away so you won't be able to notice every single detail of it.

There are four studios working on Smash 4. 3 from Bandai Namco, and Sora Ltd. Sakurai isn't the one designing the levels. He's the director, sure and he playtests, but no, not everyone on the team has Tendonitis.

There's a screenshot of Luigi grabbing a ledge in Skyloft. The textures look horrible for Wii U or even Gamecube standards.

I'm not asking for realism, but I am asking for at least remastering each stage from the source material than a copy and paste effort.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wanna know something? They rehashed the Brawl remix of Angel Island Zone in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. Listen if you dare.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Wanna know something? They rehashed the Brawl remix of Angel Island Zone in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. Listen if you dare.

Brawl rehased that track from a Sonic music CD lol I think.

BTW, that game had an amazing soundtrack. Love the arrangements done in that game. I think the composer of the sonic titles composed most of Mario's music in that game. Bowser Road <3

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
There are four studios working on Smash 4. 3 from Bandai Namco, and Sora Ltd. Sakurai isn't the one designing the levels. He's the director, sure and he playtests, but no, not everyone on the team has Tendonitis.

There's a screenshot of Luigi grabbing a ledge in Skyloft. The textures look horrible for Wii U or even Gamecube standards.

I'm not asking for realism, but I am asking for at least remastering each stage from the source material than a copy and paste effort.
I think it's safe to say that Skyloft itself was ripped directly from Skyward Sword and plopped into SSB4.

Alzi

Smash Master
Because laziness is unacceptable. They could rip assets off and touch them up. But I don't see that here. Especially that giant angel statue in Skyloft. They really need to touch up the textures and artifacts.

They have a planned release date of 2014. Ripping skyloft straight from skyward sword and changing the resolution to 1080p is the smartest thing to be doing at this stage. It's a background anyway most the detail is going to be in the character design and you won't be noticing the background too much since your main focus would be on characters. If they were to touch up skyloft then that should be more towards the end of the game when they believe they have more time to work on it. Adjusting the texture look of it would take some time and they don't really have much of it with a planned release for 2014.

Basically if I was in charge I would have done the same thing and spent that time else where, where it is more important. Then later on towards coming close to finishing the game if there was time re-work the textures.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Filthy competitive crowd... ruining a good game by... making it... a little beautiful I guess I mean not that I think it looks cool or anything...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah, it totally sucks that we can't play it on out Wi-- Wait what?! :c

:skull: *Heart expands until it explodes* :skull:

Oh well, I guess I'll have to go on Youtube to see Metriod crawl...
I know it CAN go on a WiiU, I just don't have the means to do it. :laugh:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Filthy competitive crowd... ruining a good game by... making it... a little beautiful I guess I mean not that I think it looks cool or anything...
You know you love it. Stop pretending you hate it because of your really weak anti-competitive propaganda.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Oh, and Project M can be played in a casual manner too. Stuff like items are still intact, and the stage selection still has diverse enough choices. So, I don't get it when people say it's solely focused on competitive play when it still has elements that cater to both, plus fanservice and balance.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Are you kidding me? Maybe it's all the Touhou making me think of Scarlet Devil Mansion, but Dracula's Castle looks really good.
Dracula's Castle is very nice but seeing stuff like Green Hill Zone and Distant Planet just seems... soulless. It's not about the gimmicks but the stage body seems absolutely separated from the area's background and scenery, like if nobody cared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom