• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You see it is particular happenings like these we had tonight that motivate me NEVER TO BECOME A MODERATOR
I have way too much fun being a user...
Being a moderator has its benefits, but as with anything there is a level of responsibility given to uphold. Basically the initial requirement is having common sense.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
StarFoxFire said:
Picked the right time considering we're in the full swing of SSB hype.
I don't know what it is about this game, can't quite put my finger on it quite yet, but I have just have this feeling.

Even while there hasn't been much content to go on, it's gonna be one of the greats. No, it almost like it must be. I'm not talking the most refined version of the fighting engine, strings of combo's flying every which way. Not reinventing the wheel, simply going back to its humble roots.

Its like that mock episode of South Park where the writers talk about how they're going to add all these crazy special effects to the pilot season. Instead of following through with that nonsense, they simply continue to make seasons, each one more prominent and refined than the last.

find a new god then
Are you serious right now? This coming from a guy that sports a new rendition of a Lucario Avatar each time he enters the joint?

This is defeat, I'm raising the white flag.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Being a moderator has its benefits, but as with anything there is a level of responsibility given to uphold. Basically the initial requirement is having common sense.
And patience. Let's not forget patience. ¦(

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
Are you serious right now? This coming from a guy that sports a new rendition of a Lucario Avatar each time he enters the joint?

This is defeat, I'm raising the white flag.

no idea what that has to do with religion but ok

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I don't know what it is about this game, can't quite put my finger on it quite yet, but I have just have this feeling.

Even while there hasn't been much content to go on, it's gonna be one of the greats. No, it almost like it must be. I'm not talking the most refined version of the fighting engine, strings of combo's flying every which way. No, not reinventing the wheel, simply going back to its humble roots.

Its like that mock episode of South Park where the writers talk about how they're going to add all these crazy special effects to the pilot season. Instead of following through with that nonsense, they simply continue to make seasons, each one more prominent and refined than the last.
I get that same feeling. There is something "different" about this game than Brawl. Almost feels like the complete opposite of Brawl: a lot of hype, but underwhelming in the end. My impression is you can look at the Mario Galaxy stage revealed today and see a difference between Brawl and this game. It just feels like there is more creativity this game around than the last, and, as you said, is a return to basics, the very thing players have been asking Sakurai to do. Whether this is the by product of Namco's influence, or simply Sakurai learning his lessons, all in all I'm impressed with what I've seen out of Sm4sh. I feel like Sakurai is, and has been, listening. He seems like he wants to strike that balance better this time (he's said as much).

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
His "Aura"
This M*********** has a shrine of Lucario's face in his closet like that chick from Hey Arnold. It's got skeet stains on it, carved out of the finest mahogany wood east of the Mississippi. Lit candles all around it.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
This M*********** has a shrine of Lucario's face in his closet like that chick from Hey Arnold. It's got skeet stains on it, carved out of the finest mahogany wood east of the Mississippi. Lit candles all around it.
if simply having an avatar means that, then by that same logic, i can assume you've got a closet full of Donkey Kong blowup dolls and fursuits, all encrusted with yours and possibly someone else's semen

forreal tho internet logic is fun

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
@Starphoenixluv

I'm sorry, I had to man, this place was getting way to wild.

We were having such a nice conversation too.

forreal tho internet logic is fun
Word yo, You know I love me some plush. Just like Mr.Iwata said, we want to be able to see the fur this time around.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I see you Star, a true Gentlemen as always.Trying to be all nice about what's goin on, been hanging around those white folks too long.

Where's that damned troll face button?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I see you Star, a true Gentlemen as always.Trying to be all nice about what's goin on, been hanging around those white folks too long.

Where's that damned troll face button?
Ahahaha. Let me tell you some things about white folk, especially those rich ones that eat all kinds of strange crap that even dogs have too much sense not to touch.

: ~~ troll ~~ :

squigglies removed

:troll:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
what is this? Princeton's Academy of Ebonics?

Fascinating! in there culture, bad means good!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If you're going to go back and forth on something, at least be a subject about video games, like SSB. Actually worth reading.

Although I had to update my Ignore List earlier since this is just new levels of stupid. Then again, most stupid here is... actually not that bad. Till now. :/

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I can't tell what you wrote there, you know on account of there being some four letter word that's been censored by the site.

Might wanna check your oversight, people might get confused about scat being white. Unless, perhaps your some kind of bird or something.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
I can't tell what you wrote there, you know on account of there being some four letter word that's been censored by the site.

Might wanna check your oversight, people might get confused about scat being white. Unless, perhaps your some kind of bird or something.

sucks for you, grape ape

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Time to hit up the urban dictionary.

Really though, I think we should all take a page out of HF's book: use the ignore feature and carry on with some worthwhile smash oriented conversation.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If you're going to go back and forth on something, at least be a subject about video games, like SSB. Actually worth reading.

Although I had to update my Ignore List earlier since this is just new levels of stupid. Then again, most stupid here is... actually not that bad. Till now. :/
I honestly completely forgot about my Ignore List and how useless it must feel.

Then I updated it and it felt loved because it's getting some use.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
We certainly aren't hard up for discussion. There is a lot we could talk about just with Mario Galaxy:

How are the gravity mechanics going to impact gameplay?
Will certain attacks be more strongly affected by the gravity?
How will aerial KO's work?
Can the stage be tournament legal?
Are there other platforms?
Is the stage going cameo other galaxies?
Why is the stage so large?
Why have all of the stages so far been relatively large? ridley

Last point especially has fascinated me since one of my biggest complaints with Brawl's stages, and one of the things I had expressed a desire to see change in the past, is the size of the stages.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
KK I'm going to bed now I can only post so many memes. I was hoping to equalize the stupidity with internet memes and therefore neutralize it but it didn't work. Oh well... See you guys later!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Can the stage be tournament legal?
Honestly, I feel that even if the Galaxy stage isn't, we'll be seeing a lot more variety in terms of tourney-legal stages based on what we've seen so far.

Heck, the METROID stage looks tourney-legal, and that's never happened before, what with Zebes, Brinstar (might be but I never see it picked), Brinstar Depths, Norfair (same as Brinstar), and Frigate Orpheon.

So I'm expecting more stage variety for tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom