• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
We certainly aren't hard up for discussion. There is a lot we could talk about just with Mario Galaxy:

How are the gravity mechanics going to impact gameplay?
Will certain attacks be more strongly affected by the gravity?
How will aerial KO's work?
Can the stage be tournament legal?
Are there other platforms?
Is the stage going cameo other galaxies?
Why is the stage so large?
Why have all of the stages so far been relatively large? ridley

Last point especially has fascinated me since one of my biggest complaints with Brawl's stages, and one of the things I had expressed a desire to see change in the past, is the size of the stages.
The bigger question I have is why does the lack of the Comet Observatory in the stage fool people into thinking that a character like Rosalina even stand a chance in Smash. jk

Though, the bigger stages could be another great way to make up for how disappointing most of Brawl's stages were.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Its happening now, I can feel it- the boards will be stricken with cases of Ridley turrets. We won't be able to contain it, always popping up involuntarily in our speech.

You remind me Starheatnix, I've always felt that one of the most underrated components to brawl was its rotation feature.

You can manipulate your settings to meet just about any orientation. Players, stages, you name it. Pick up and go.

Per the stages, I've got a question

Does the Japanese version of Brawl have fewer stages in its lineup than the American version?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I honestly completely forgot about my Ignore List and how useless it must feel.

Then I updated it and it felt loved because it's getting some use.
I use it often enough. It's outright necessary for those who just attempt to harass you or fail to read your messages. Also clearly for trolls. There's a point when "I really don't care, just drop it" comes into effect. I was never hesitant to use this list if it's available on a Forum. If it isn't, that means they want you to do more reporting than ignoring. But it depends the forum, to say the least.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I've also noticed just how great of a month November has been for SSB4.

We've gotten:
  • Link's Dair becoming a Meteor Smash/spike
  • Villager's net
  • The Capsule redesigns
  • The Hocotate Freight Ship item
  • The Mario Galaxy stage
  • And of course, Marth, with a potential reveal next week
And November's only half over.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Ladies and gentlemen, today's lesson according to how this thread has been going.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Jesus Wavi, is your signature accurate? That's s***ton of downloads.

Aside from that, I've noted another person that plays project M, Yay!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You ignored me once and I'm sure you regret it as the worst decision of your life.
You'd be wrong. But you are entertaining sometimes, I will admit.

Awww, I liked how Brawl's stages looked :(
Same. They looked great. They weren't nearly as fun to play on, IMO.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Brawl's stages were so bland and boring looking. It was and still is a disgusting site.
The size is what got me. They were so cramped. Granted, Melee's stages weren't that much larger, but try playing the returning Melee stages in Brawl and see how much larger the characters' models became compared to the stages. Ridiculous.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Wouldn't be so bad, not nearly as bad as proof-reading one of your posts. Are you certain you used spellchecker this time around?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Same. They looked great. They weren't nearly as fun to play on, IMO.

For me some stages were more fun than ones in Melee, others, not so much. Each game had its own good and bad stages.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For me some stages were more fun than ones in Melee, others, not so much. Each game had its own good and bad stages.
True.

I felt Melee's were overall better than Brawl's. 64's felt the most fun overall to me, just less balanced. I think Brawl could have a few more non-hazardy stages, though. Also, the Kirby series should've gotten more than one. I would've gladly switched the Plankton series stage out for it. Not Pictochat, though, since that's actually a system getting repped.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The size is what got me. They were so cramped. Granted, Melee's stages weren't that much larger, but try playing the returning Melee stages in Brawl and see how much larger the characters' models became compared to the stages. Ridiculous.
Luckily, SSB4 seems to have fixed that alongside the much-needed speed and weight changes from Brawl. And tripping (presumably random tripping anyway) is gone.

Gotta say, things are really looking good for Smash 4 right now.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
YOU CHANGE THAT AVATAR THIS INSTANT.

*REALLY GROSS CRYING SOUNDS*
Is it beacause it's Sukapon? I think I've heard of you being a Sukapon fan before or something like that.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Idk it could just have something to do with the camera angles?

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
brobi everything you say is dumb as all ****

also i'm surprised you didn't block me too like the rest of these spergs
Going by assumptions that would make your posts just as dumb since we are apparently the same person.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Don't mind him,he's just mad because no one can differentiate his support for characters from his incessant nagging.

@Xenoblaze

Some other C-words come to mind. Claustrophobic, Chaotic, Cluster- you get the idea.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Jesus Wavi, is your signature accurate? That's s***ton of downloads.

Aside from that, I've noted another person that plays project M, Yay!
I made the movesets for Hyper Sonic, (MAX) Onslaught Falcon (People tend to forget the first one I made before MAX Onslaught), Sonic the Hedgehog: Full Throttle, have worked on tons of stuff related to Shadow and Cloud since Brawl hacking first started (Mainly after Syntax Error started up texture hacking) and have dabbled in other things regarding vertex hacks, models and stages from time to time that merged and melded different hacks and elements together and have thus been collaborated or did so for others.

All of those things add on to a **** ton of lot of downloads. All for stuff that's rather old now. XD

Hype for 3.0, baby! <3

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I've also noticed just how great of a month November has been for SSB4.

We've gotten:
  • Link's Dair becoming a Meteor Smash/spike
  • Villager's net
  • The Capsule redesigns
  • The Hocotate Freight Ship item
  • The Mario Galaxy stage
  • And of course, Marth, with a potential reveal next week
And November's only half over.
I think that makes up for the bad October.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm surprised the mods haven't done something yet.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
>Cramped

>CRAMPED
So, you list three stages that suffer from the complete opposite problem (Rumble Falls is 50/50)? Norfair and Bridge of Eldin I'll give you, but Green Hill Zone was too small for my tastes. The whole layout was really weird. Thankfully, Windy Hill looks more promising.
It's too bad ppl don't know about checking IP addresses.

Or perhaps people were just saying that to slight you both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom