• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
At this point, Project M is a lot more hype worthy then Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS.

That's embarrassing.
inb4 people complaining about comparing the two.
Too bad my Brawl disc broke, so I won't have any clue what the hype for Project M is all about.
A used copy of Brawl isn't that expensive right now.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
But I agree I think likely costumes are:
  • Dr. Mario
  • Zora Tunic Suit Link
  • Pajama Toon Link
  • Dark Pit (Pitto)
  • Dark Link
  • Dark Samus
  • Fusion Suit Samus
  • Maybe Classic Sonic. Probably not though.
I agree with all of these except Dark Link because we already have it.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Too bad my Brawl disc broke, so I won't have any clue what the hype for Project M is all about.
Learn to USB Load, dude. That's how I play P:M. ¦ )

We probably won't get something as cool as Armor Mewtwo but Dr. Mario or Outset Toon Link should be like obvious choices... There's no excuse they're so easy to make (for Sakurai and his team obviously, probably less for the P:M guys).
But the "P:M guys" have already done both. XD

And it's a lot easier than you think, actually. Not "mindless" easy, but nowhere near rocket science difficult.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
well so could dark link :p
I know you're joking, but he actually couldn't.

Dark Pit actually has a whole lot of depth and character built into him. That and his KI:U design is actually a bit different from the dark outfit that's in Brawl, so it'd also be an update.

Dark Link is just Link's shadow without a voice. XD

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Another way that I've changed is that I'm not really much a banner waver for any characters anymore. I like characters and there are some I want in Smash, sure, but back in the preBrawl days I almost never left the character discussion pages with the official Geno thread being where I spent probably 3/4ths of my time.
I still remember greatly supporting Kumatora. Still think it'd be neat, but I'm not holding my breath.

Other than, I really don't look back much other than that my priorities have greatly shifted towards gameplay and I'm more cynical about Sakurai.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So... How many of you are Ace Attorney fans?

Also, Link seems great now!

Dat Meteor Smash!

DeadlyAllianceLeader

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n64by44
3DS FC
1547-5288-9488
A bit of a response to all the Holes in the wall of the Pyrosphere stage. I think it's pretty obvious at this point that SOMETHING is making them, but it's been two months since the stage was revealed. I won't assume anything, but at the rate things have been looking for it, I'm not sure if it's a Cameo by anyone unless it's a really short, fast one. Or unfinished one. Either way, in my eyes. On that note, there's a spot that has Lava flowing from a hole, so... could that be it? Again, I won't assume, though

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Caption: Link's Downward strike was designed to change to a Meteor Smash when the ti of the sword is aligned just right at the start. However it will be removed if it's deemed too powerful overall after some multiplayer playtests.

Please keep it. For the love of Christ, Link is gonna need every buff he gets to at least make him competently good.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Today's update makes me hopeful of better balance this time.
Since Link has consistently been one of the worst characters in the series, the fact that Sakurai would even consider removing his new meteor smash should throw the entire notion of balance into doubt.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Caption: Link's Downward strike was designed to change to a Meteor Smash when the ti of the sword is aligned just right at the start. However it will be removed if it's deemed too powerful overall after some multiplayer playtests.

Please keep it. For the love of Christ, Link is gonna need every buff he gets to at least make him competently good.
Improve his recovery.
It's been sucky for all three Smash games. Well, it didn't suck as much in Melee, but get the idea.

----

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
A bit of a response to all the Holes in the wall of the Pyrosphere stage. I think it's pretty obvious at this point that SOMETHING is making them, but it's been two months since the stage was revealed. I won't assume anything, but at the rate things have been looking for it, I'm not sure if it's a Cameo by anyone unless it's a really short, fast one. Or unfinished one. Either way, in my eyes. On that note, there's a spot that has Lava flowing from a hole, so... could that be it? Again, I won't assume, though
The hole was made by Ridley in Other M at the end of the boss battle when he runs away from Samus. If anything, this gives further support FOR Ridley, not less. I'm just leaving it at that.

Since Link has consistently been one of the worst characters in the series, the fact that Sakurai would even consider removing his new meteor smash should throw the entire notion of balance into doubt.
Because the characters are not more than the sum of their parts, amirite?

While I'm hoping Link keeps this buff in the final build, changes are always made here and there for both the character's big picture and the big picture for the overall balance. It's perfectly fine to have weaknesses here and there - but it's never okay to have flat out useless moves.

The hole was made by Ridley in Other M at the end of the boss battle when he runs away from Samus. If anything, this gives further support FOR Ridley, not less. I'm just leaving it at that.
Holes holes holes holes holes holes holes. We all love holes *Queue in the guy who takes it the right or wrong way*

Yeeeah. Ridley confirmedfor stage hazard. Hopefully, this one character can revive the hype and attract Charizard/Dragon lovers (Eh, not sure about the Skyrim players).

Well to be honest, the only true characters that are capable of attracting non-nintendo gamers to play Smash are Link, any Pokemon because there are SEVERAL people that bought the 3DS just for Pokemon and Samus. The rest don't really work. Yeah, that actually included Mario because he's KIDDY and kiddy is DUMB in this age. *spit*

Along with Mewtwo... --- *stops*

Wait a minute, can someone explain why Mewtwo is likely now all of a sudden? Only reason why I include him in my *5 new character* roster is because everyone includes him.... So... WHY?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I don't think Link should have Toon Link's Down + Air.
If anything Link should have Toon Link's Recovery, N64 Link's Boomerang and Melee's tether recovery (To be able to latch onto anywhere on the stage)

If anything Link should have Toon Link's Recovery, N64 Link's Boomerang and Melee's tether recovery (To be able to latch onto anywhere on the stage)
In other words, he should be himself in Melee right?

Because I'm on board for that one. (Melee Link main here)

Give me Nathan Drake and this game will be God.

I've never seen such massive usage of a WTF character in a fighting game hype period. EVER.

No, Snake wasn't WTF no matter how unexpected he was. Sakurai didn't treat it as if it was abnormal despite it being obvious so let's leave it at that.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
What Link needs is better synergy with what he was suppose to do: using a wide array of projectiles to both space away and set up opponents. The problem is that Link hardly takes advantage of that concept, and is instead forced most of the time trying to bait for mistakes.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Not gonna lie, that stream of fire or lava on the side looks really nice.

And that's my favorite thing about this pic. XD

Oh wow. Got the 66K. Neat. :3

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What Link needs is better synergy with what he was suppose to do: using a wide array of projectiles to both space away and set up opponents. The problem is that Link hardly takes advantage of that concept, and is instead forced most of the time trying to bait for mistakes.
This is why taking the character's big picture into account is so important. With Link, he just doesn't work that way, yet Toon Link seems to be more successful with it. I wonder why.

Ughhh. I always felt that the balance between Link's lag/cooldown and the damage output was imbalanced. The damage just doesn't make up for the lag in my opinion. His attacks really need some sort of a speed buff.

Then again, Brawl is full of design flaws. I'm not saying Brawl is a bad game. I enjoy playing the game very much and found characters like Ice Climbers, Snake and Diddy to be very interesting and fun to play as. It's just that... the design of several things... Smash ball, Aura mechanic, pokemon stamina, and some other characters, it's all poorly done. OH AND TRIPPING.

Well ever since I played P:M, I thought Brawl kinda sucked compared to it. To be honest, I always found the idea of helpless air dodging to be "un-natural". NATURAL IS A DIFFERENT CATEGORY FROM TECHNICAL OR WHATEVER YOU'RE PROBABLY THINKING

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
In other words, he should be himself in Melee right?

Because I'm on board for that one. (Melee Link main here)
Yeah I wouldn't mind Melee Link, I missed the multi-hit jab. The only thing that would still be needed is a better recovery.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I didn't really care for Final Smashes at all, honestly

matter of fact, I kinda wish they were gone, but it ain't my game sooo yeah it is what it is

Yeah I wouldn't mind Melee Link, I missed the multi-hit jab. The only thing that would still be needed is a better recovery.
Just give me a better and tolerable recovery and I'll forgive him for not including Toad, Ridley and Nathan Drake.

If he doesn't well then I'll just steal his cats and sell it to you guys for 60 dollars. JUSTIFIED PRICE. 10 dollars if I shaved off the fur

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

At least Sakurai said that he's strongly considering patches so if anyone does end up being completely god awful there's at least a good chance that we won't have to deal with it for 6-7 years before the next installment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom