• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm reading some of my older posts from like early last year in the old thread

lmao I don't know what the hell I was thinking when I posted some of the stuff I posted

Oh god... I can't even read some of my posts back from 2006 without cringing. The amount of butthurt I showed for about two weeks after the final roster was shown in early 2008 are definitely part of my Wall of Shame. At least I'm not the same person now as I was back then.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So two things just happened to me in Pokemon that surprised the hell out of me.

One, I ran into a random shiny female Graveler in Victory Road since I'm going through it again to reach some spots I didn't go to before. It's brown...From rock to dirt...Yay?

Two, this random angry as hell Fearow just dived down from the sky and ambushed me while I was surfing. O_o

I knew some Pokemon could pop out of bushes and stuff, but out of the goddamn sky!? XD

Also, **** you Zapdos. Making me chase you all over the region. Getting REAL sick of your ****, buddy. -~-

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I use to support Victini, then I took peer pressure to the feelings.

Actually, that's not true. I still want to see Victini in Smash Bros..

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I used to want Mewtwo bad as a mug, now I still want him but it's like whatever, as with most other characters I wanted

give me Roy and Snake and I'm basically good as far as the roster goes lol

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Oh god... I can't even read some of my posts back from 2006 without cringing. The amount of butthurt I showed for about two weeks after the final roster was shown in early 2008 are definitely part of my Wall of Shame. At least I'm not the same person now as I was back then.

Reminds me when I was angry at TL and/or PT when I first saw them for supposedly, IMO, taking Bowser Jr's spot in the roster since I was completely into Bowser back then. Now I'm over it. I can say that I may do this again, but towards different characters. You already know who I want, but who I'd be angry with is different.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
So two things just happened to me in Pokemon that surprised the hell out of me.

One, I ran into a random shiny female Graveler in Victory Road since I'm going through it again to reach some spots I didn't go to before. It's brown...From rock to dirt...Yay?

Two, this random angry as hell Fearow just dived down from the sky and ambushed me while I was surfing. O_o

I knew some Pokemon could pop out of bushes and stuff, but out of the goddamn sky!? XD

Also, **** you Zapdos. Making me chase you all over the region. Getting REAL sick of your ****, buddy. -~-

1). Did the other Graveler kill it with Magnitude before you could catch it?
2). Sucks to suck.
3). The fastest way to hunt down any roaming Legendary is to fly to Couriway Town, buy a bunch of Super Repels, lead with a level 47 or higher Pokemon, and bike through the two banks of red flowers in Route 18 back into Couriway Town. Took me about 10 minutes to encounter Moltres enough times before he flew to Sea Spirit's Den.

D

Deleted member

.....Other than my very early posts from a few years back before I started being a regular member here, I'm not that different.

Maybe I mellowed out a little, but it's hard to tell.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
.....Other than my very early posts from a few years back before I started being a regular member here, I'm not that different.

Maybe I mellowed out a little, but it's hard to tell.
Well, you're an Entei. Enough Friendship(or Badges), and you'll start listening. ;)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ah, them feels when you beat a wifi player using legendaries when you're not using your own. Also killed some Greninja on the way. Thank you Palutena... err, I mean Gardevoir... actually I do mean Palutena since I named my Gardevoir that... Thank you for saving me there twice today. <3

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This is my guess how Villager's moveset might turn out to be...

A - punches with boxing gloves
Side+A - opens umbrella
Up+A - swings wrapping paper
Down+A - pulls weeds
Running+A - trips while carrying sapling

Smash Side+A - drops bowling ball
Smash Up+A - sets fireworks
Smash Down+A - digs holes with shovel

Aerial A
Aerial Forward+A
Aerial Back+A - shoots with slingshot
Aerial Up+A
Aerial Down+A

B - grows and cuts trees
Side+B - rides Gyroid
Up+B - Balloon Fight
Down+B - collects items and projectiles
Final Smash
For the Gyroid ride, I always saw it as Villager's forward air. Why? In Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion, Mac & Bloo has a very similar looking move as their forward air and can totally see Villager copying this for some reason.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I haven't even been here for a year and I've changed quite a bit as well. I thought posting a duplicate thread would get me in huge trouble XD. (Indeed I posted a Ghirahim thread, which was my first message on the site)
I guess at the time I was just a bit nervous since this place is the first forum I've ever joined.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
We talking about how we've changed since joining?

I've changed a bunch in how I view character likelihood. Looking back through my first roster, I apparently though Ridley wasn't likely, that Sakurai would try to add more villains, that Krom(oh yeah I spelled his name with a K back then) was the most likely FE character.

Crazy what a year can do to you. :laugh:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Another way that I've changed is that I'm not really much a banner waver for any characters anymore. I like characters and there are some I want in Smash, sure, but back in the preBrawl days I almost never left the character discussion pages with the official Geno thread being where I spent probably 3/4ths of my time.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
1). Did the other Graveler kill it with Magnitude before you could catch it?
2). Sucks to suck.
3). The fastest way to hunt down any roaming Legendary is to fly to Couriway Town, buy a bunch of Super Repels, lead with a level 47 or higher Pokemon, and bike through the two banks of red flowers in Route 18 back into Couriway Town. Took me about 10 minutes to encounter Moltres enough times before he flew to Sea Spirit's Den.
1. What other Graveler? It was on it's own and I caught it instantly with a Quick Ball.
2. What? What're you talking about? I caught Fearow instantly with a Quick Ball too. XD
3. I actually started just flying to Couriway Town several times, even if I was already there, until it appeared on either of the routes near it and just ran after it then. Then I started chasing it one more time but decided to take a break and get myself and Goodra and a Gallade. Then I went to sleep and woke up just now.

Apparently it got tired of waiting for me to chase it because it's at the Sea Spirit's Den now. XD

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
During the Brawl days the only character I really wanted to see was Toon Link as I was a very big fan of the Wind Waker at the time, so I was very pleased when I found out that he was playable, so I can't really say that I was as bummed at the final roster as most people where (or at least those who wanted to see the likes of Megaman, Ridley and K. Rool for Brawl or a stupidly large roster compared to what Brawl ended up with).

Nowadays most of the characters I want aren't very likely of getting into this new game (as much as I hate to admit it, there are a few that I do feel have a good chance of making it in though) so I don't really care as much about the newcomers that will make it in than the veterans that will come back. The characters I really care to see again are thus Toon Link and Mewtwo and I'm pleased that one of the two has been confirmed already. All I'll be waiting for now is Mewtwo's return.

It's a bit of a shame for me that I don't really feel as optimistic for the newcomers as I used to. :/ I would still be very excited if by some miracle characters like Professor Layton still managed to get in though. ^^

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Somebody mentioned earlier in the thread that Xenoblade Chronicles would be on sale at Gamestop for Black Friday for 40 dollars? Does anyone know if that's just a store offerring or is it online?

If it's a store offering only I'm pretty much screwed as I'll be working that day.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Somebody mentioned earlier in the thread that Xenoblade Chronicles would be on sale at Gamestop for Black Friday for 40 dollars? Does anyone know if that's just a store offerring or is it online?

If it's a store offering only I'm pretty much screwed as I'll be working that day.
I posted that. According to a leaked flyer, it'll be $40 during Black Friday at GameStop (and Metroid Prime Trilogy, FYI).

Don't know if that's store and/or online but being a newspaper flyer tells me at least store.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I posted that. According to a leaked flyer, it'll be $40 during Black Friday at GameStop (and Metroid Prime Trilogy, FYI).

Don't know if that's store and/or online but being a newspaper flyer tells me at least store.

Ah. Thanks. I'm just gonna cross my fingers then and hope for the best because I'd really like to get my hands on a copy.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Hope they get around to doing a DK, Bower turbo vid
.............................and Yoshi...

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Mr. Fit is a start lets hope we get more.
We probably won't get something as cool as Armor Mewtwo but Dr. Mario or Outset Toon Link should be like obvious choices... There's no excuse they're so easy to make (for Sakurai and his team obviously, probably less for the P:M guys).

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
We probably won't get something as cool as Armor Mewtwo but Dr. Mario or Outset Toon Link should be like obvious choices... There's no excuse they're so easy to make (for Sakurai and his team obviously, probably less for the P:M guys).

I think if they go through the difficult task of making an entire seperate model and hiring another voice actor to get Miss Fit, Hii Fit Trainer? Then they better damn well be able to do things as easy as Dr. Mario, Mr. L, a real Daisy alt for Peach, etc.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Armored Mewttwo is quite the throw back, which i don't think appears in the actual games.
But I agree I think likely costumes are:
  • Dr. Mario
  • Zora Tunic Suit Link
  • Pajama Toon Link
  • Dark Pit (Pitto)
  • Dark Link
  • Dark Samus
  • Fusion Suit Samus
  • Maybe Classic Sonic. Probably not though.
@Shinpichu: How can you be so heartless?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Outset/Pajama Toon Link is a must for either this or Wii U/3DS.

I want that ''I got out of bed to kick your ass" look so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom