• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My species has 13 genders, each vital in the mating process. I'm not sure if I can correlate my gender into human gender equivalents, but the closest thing I can think of is that I'm an eyeball

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
I also hope the game isn't as short as I think it is.

...though unlocking things is going to take a while. I've done pretty poorly on most levels so far. Assuming there is stuff to unlock.

I haven't been doing a lot of research into the features of the game.

IGN reviewer gave the game a "5.8" but the community gave the game "9.1"

The reviewer's article seems amateurishly written and talks about how many times he died, mostly due to his ignorance rather than the game itself
Ive watched someone play sonic lost world all the way through yesterday....um the cutscenes are great and so is the voice acting. The gameplay is quite lack luster. They took away ALL of his speed in every aspect. The platforming is oddly placed. In all honesty i dislike the game for its gameplay but it is presented quite nice. Looks like im sticking with the two best Soinc Generations and sonic colors.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I think it is rather unprofessional for retailers not to know the difference between the Wii and Wii U. It looks like they aren't even trying. If you're carrying a product, you NEED to have some sort of competence to understand what it is. Although I do think Nintendo should have used a different name, they are stuck with the branding with the Wii and thought the name will sell. It obviously backfired.

I remember watching videos of parents not even knowing the difference between the NES and SNES. This also goes for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One, where my boss didn't think there is a difference between the two. And of course, DS and 3DS.

Either consumers are stupid or they just don't care.

Spec wise, I think Nintendo should have put at least 6GB of RAM and a new efficient CPU to at least have some room to compete with the X1 and PS4 (considering the graphics card is fine as is). Time will tell how the Wii U does this holiday season. I wouldn't be surprised if Mario saves the Wii U like what happened with 3DS. Mario Kart 8 will be a good system seller and it would have really helped them this holiday season.

And those who think the PS4 and X1 will fly off shelves, don't be surprised when the opposite happens. I can actually see them suffering just as the Wii U has but just not as extreme. With a load of cross-generation games and poor economy, I see people hanging onto their PS3s and 360 for some time before they make the switch.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My Walmart didn't release pokemon X or Y until I came in the next day and asked them if they had it.

Even then, they didn't put it on the shelf until later that day. I got my copy then

I also found out, from what they were saying, it wasn't locked up in the back. It was laying in front of the locker for electronics products.

LOL @ Professionalism with reteailers

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since fox's are canids, like dogs, I'm pretty sure fox's "bark"

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

I feel like this is a lot more on topic than I expected it to be when I first planned on posting it, but this is totally what I thought when I first ran into these guys. XD

Though the psychic is cute enough to touch femboy level, so I'd probably bang him myself. Doubly so if there was a female variant for me to choose from or add in. ¦D

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like the dark skinned kimono girl, IDK what the trainer class is called

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I feel like this is a lot more on topic than I expected it to be when I first planned on posting it, but this is totally what I thought when I first ran into these guys. XD

Though the psychic is cute enough to touch femboy level, so I'd probably bang him myself. Doubly so if there was a female variant for me to choose from or add in. ¦D
Say hello to the new N x Touya, folks :troll:

Made even funnier with Lemongrab's Braixen's "unacceptable" face.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Only idiots and insane M$ fanboys are buying an XBone anyway, that thing will end up going the way of the Dreamcast. Sony and Nintendo will both be fine.
Well, Killer Instinct 3 might be reason enough to get an xbone, but other than that yeah. Leaning more towards PS4 if I were to get another non-Nintendo console next-gen.

Nintendo needs new management. I like Iwata and all, very charismatic dude, but if Nintendo is to be truly competitive they need new blood.

Someone whose willing to take bigger chances with the platform's services and features rather than it's controllers.
But i do think once MK8 and Smash comes out, things will pick up for the better, though idk what else they can produce to keep the momentum going.
Yeah, Nintendo's sorta like an old dog now that can't learn new tricks. I guess they're like a family though in the sense of how they've had mostly the same staff for who knows how long now, but they definitely need some new people with fresh ideas as you kinda said.

Well, if the rumour that ReviewTwchUSA posted is true, we could be in for a disaster involving all of the consoles this generation.
What rumor? Post the link?

I know a lot of casuals that are still satisfied with the Wii actually

I feel like the biggest reason why the Wii U is struggling is because in its attempt to have the best of both worlds, it failed in having a grasp on either

as in, it doesn't have the AAA titles out now to satisfy the "gamers" (lord I hate that word lol), nor does it have that same "it" factor to really grab the attention of people not into gaming like the Wii had

that said, even if it takes some price cutting, I think it'll be fine in the end once the games start coming
Well as far as triple A titles, at least the Wii U has Arkham Origins and other games like it that the Wii couldn't have due to the system's technical/power limitations, though they can't catch a break still as far as lack of those.

But yeah, when you attempt to have a system or game that tries to please everyone or be the best of both worlds, it ends up not working out/backfiring. Has to be one or the other far as catering to casuals or veteran gamers.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
What rumor? Post the link?
I literally posted it on the last page.

For the TL,DW:
-the XBone and PS4 will have gimped online features at launch due to BOTH of them removing DRM.
-Watch_Dogs on the PS4/XBone was delayed because Ubisoft didn't want the sh*tty online to negatively impact the impressions of the game.
-The PS4 day one patch is partially there to remove DRM like what the XBone was going to have.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
ANYway... enough Gender Talk....

I found out what the Fox says!

LANDMASTER.jpeg

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
First Morbid now Arcadenik, who else will we know the truth of gender?

Hey guys, try to guess what I am. :troll:

Also, I'm really looking forward to playing 3D World with my girlfriend. I think the multiplayer experiences with the Wii U have been phenomenal and I've already had a number of nights where I'd be up with her and a couple of friends playing through Nintendoland and NSMBWU, accidentally killing each other half the time and doing it on purpose the other half. I honestly haven't had this many positive multiplayer game experiences with a console since the N64.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Heart! By your powers combined, I am Captain Ridley!
CAPTAIN RIDLEY! HE'S A PIRATE!
GONNA TAKE YOUR BOOTY AND YOUR PLANET!
HE'S PIRATE, BONAFIDE~!
AND HE'S GONNA CHOMP DOWN ON YOUR HIDE~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom