• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I know it's early...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Now, go out there and wear a Mask like mine. Photoshop it over your Avatar if you want!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So my Gardevoir wants to learn Stored Power. It has maxed out Special Attack and Calm Mind.

Though cause of the weird way the Ralts was with I got it from a trade (This one's female), it has Hypnosis, Psychic and Dream Eater too.

Should I get the Stored Power or ditch it? Doesn't seem like it'd be that useful.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Decided to change my avatar early for Halloween. This is actually my November avatar early, but since three of the four characters in it are undead, I figured "Why not?" :chuckle:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ditch it. Unless you can give it tons of boosted stat changed quickly without dying or getting Haze'd or generally stat reduced, it ain't worth it. Psychic fits better and is efficient.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Since most have been discussing Pokemon X/Y here (which I still haven't been able to get...) I haven't been around here as often.

A few Pokemon I plan to have on my team-

Greninja

Charizard

Malamar

Trevenant

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Ditch it. Unless you can give it tons of boosted stat changed quickly without dying or getting Haze'd or generally stat reduced, it ain't worth it. Psychic fits better and is efficient.
I didn't get to see your comment until now and I asked on another forum too. (That and because you didn't hit "reply" to my post, so naturally I wasn't gonna see it...Seriously, I still don't get some people's phobias with that.)

Since I'm just getting back from cooking a late night snack (Because apparently 2 boxes of pasta shells with white cheddar is a snack for me), I'll update. Ended up ditching Dream Eater and getting Stored Power. It's not too bad on the off chance that Hypnosis decides to work. Even with that, though...I really wish she had Magical Leaf like my male Gardevoir. Oh well. Maybe I'll give her Thunderbolt or something else.

That's the last time I trade for a Level 34 Ralts. -~-

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Out of curiosity....

If Mii gets in, do you think we'll warm up to them like we did Wii Fit Trainer?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wouldn't require any warming up because I think it's hilarious that people think it's a bad choice to begin with.

Look forward to Miis.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Out of curiosity....

If Mii gets in, do you think we'll warm up to them like we did Wii Fit Trainer?
Depends on how they're presented. Miss Fit ended up being loved because of the entertaining and interesting way she was showcased. Well, that, and she's sexy, but we won't get into that right now. ¦D

If the Miis were to be in, they'd have to have some very unique stuff they could do that would draw people in...Which really isn't much because anything a Mii could do, Villager could do better.

Not like it matters in the long run, though. The Miis are only part of that fake leak/silly rumor that tons of people blindly swear by with nothing actually solid to back it up, much like the troll who made it in the first place, so it's not like there's an actual likely chance of seeing them. XD

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wouldn't require any warming up because I think it's hilarious that people think it's a bad choice to begin with.

Look forward to Miis.
I feel the same way. I think that Miis are actually a pretty good idea.

Not like it matters in the long run, though. The Miis are only part of that fake leak/silly rumor that tons of people blindly swear by with nothing actually solid to back it up, much like the troll who made it in the first place, so it's not like there's an actual likely chance of seeing them. XD
Rumor aside, why are Mii's so unlikely? They're in everything nowadays.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Personally I hate the idea of the Mii. I'd get used to it, but probably wouldn't warm up to it like I did with Wii Fit Trainer.

But I'd rather have the Mii over Dr. Kawashima or Reggie.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I still don't like Miss Fit
You don't like anything aside from Blastoise, Psycho. You don't count. ¦D

Rumor aside, why are Mii's so unlikely? They're in everything nowadays.
The rumor itself is the answer.

Deny it as much as you want, but hardly anyone aside from really obscure people like the pumpkin would even be talking about or considering the Mii is it wasn't for that rumor/fake leak. If this rumor had been around back when Brawl was first coming out, it'd be the same exact deal. That's all I mean.

I stick by the philosophy that anything and everything that hasn't already happened once is unlikely until officially revealed otherwise, either with a strong hint that leaves absolutely zero room for speculation, or just a flat out reveal.

That said, I'm not for the ideas of Miis at all. I'm also not against them at all. I don't even care because I'm just not interested. If it happens, meh. If it doesn't, nyeh.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I didn't get to see your comment until now and I asked on another forum too. (That and because you didn't hit "reply" to my post, so naturally I wasn't gonna see it...Seriously, I still don't get some people's phobias with that.)

Since I'm just getting back from cooking a late night snack (Because apparently 2 boxes of pasta shells with white cheddar is a snack for me), I'll update. Ended up ditching Dream Eater and getting Stored Power. It's not too bad on the off chance that Hypnosis decides to work. Even with that, though...I really wish she had Magical Leaf like my male Gardevoir. Oh well. Maybe I'll give her Thunderbolt or something else.

That's the last time I trade for a Level 34 Ralts. -~-

Energy Ball is stronger than Magical Leaf. If you worry bout accuracy, then stick with Magical Leaf. You could use Dazzling Gleam to kill off them annoying dragons, Fighting types, Dark types.... And (non-HA) Greninja...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Energy Ball is stronger than Magical Leaf. If you worry bout accuracy, then stick with Magical Leaf. You could use Dazzling Gleam to kill off them annoying dragons, Fighting types, Dark types.... And (non-HA) Greninja...
Dazzling Gleam? She's 5 levels away from getting Moonblast. The **** do I need Dazzling Gleam for? XD

That and the Ralts was level 34 when I traded it over earlier, so no Dazzling Gleam for me anyway. That's the whole reason I don't have Magical Leaf and miss it while my male one does have it. >>'

Edit: Oh right. TM99 is Dazzling Gleam. I feel stupid. XD *uses that til he gets Moonblast*

Too bad I don't have TM53, though. >>'

I never not liked Miss Fit.

The only thing that would annoy me about Mii's would be if they got their Mario Kart voices.
Aside from the really tiny girl Miis which sound so cute and huggable in MKWii, I definitely agree.

It vexes me when my Mii of myself sounds like Dexter's Dad from Dexter's Laboratory.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Dazzling Gleam? She's 5 levels away from getting Moonblast. The **** do I need Dazzling Gleam for? XD

That and the Ralts was level 34 when I traded it over earlier, so no Dazzling Gleam for me anyway. That's the whole reason I don't have Magical Leaf and miss it while my male one does have it. >>'
It's better for double/triple battles to hit multiple targets.

Found me someone with a Spiritomb in their safari. *thinks*

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ugh, been asleep since six, and now it's midnight.

In case any of you missed Nintendo's fiscal meeting for the year one of the more poignant points from the meeting was Iwata stating that this holiday year is geared for family audiences while next year's holiday season will be geared towards "advanced players". Nintendo also mentioned leveraging more of their legacy IP (whatever that means to them) and stepping up VC support -- which will likely be GBA and N64 support for eShop sometime in Spring.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It's better for double/triple battles to hit multiple targets.
True that. Sounds good.

Since I don't have Energy Ball yet, I decided to change her moves to being Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball and Calm Mind for now.

Thanks Pit. I'll send you an O-Power the next time I see you on if I'm not recharging. It'll probably be for money. ¦D

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I can announce today that Smash Bros. for Wii U will launch in the Americas on December 3rd.
There's been rumoring that Nintendo is trying to get Zelda out by Holiday 2014. Not sure how likely that is, but it is in keeping with the three year model Aounuma said he wanted to establish. If that happens, I think we'll see Super Smash Bros release early Summer. Safer bet would be that we'll get a Metroid, Bayonetta 2, Luigi's Mansion Wii U and Super Smash Bros to round out the next fiscal year.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
True that. Sounds good.

Since I don't have Energy Ball yet, I decided to change her moves to being Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball and Calm Mind for now.

Thanks Pit. I'll send you an O-Power the next time I see you on if I'm not recharging. It'll probably be for money. ¦D

I'll consider that when I go back to Battle Chateau.

I'm outta Pokemon that I wanna raise. So idk what to start working on: A Magnezone with w/e nature idk of, a Jolteon that I will have to breed, an Electrode for idk why, a Metagross, or what? Maybe something that can take hits or is fast. I know Jolteon slightly outspeeds evil Greninja, and I still need current team tests... Again, no legendaries plz.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
There's been rumoring that Nintendo is trying to get Zelda out by Holiday 2014. Not sure how likely that is, but it is in keeping with the three year model Aounuma said he wanted to establish. If that happens, I think we'll see Super Smash Bros release early Summer. Safer bet would be that we'll get a Metroid, Bayonetta 2, Luigi's Mansion Wii U and Super Smash Bros to round out the next fiscal year.
I hope you're right. Most people seem to adhere to the idea that, the longer a game is developed, the better it will be; while that's generally true, with Brawl, Sakurai admitted he stopped adding content to the game not far into its development in lieu of "distilling the game down." Based on how Brawl turned out, that may not have been for the best, or only arguably for the best. It'll be interesting to see how extensively Namco's involvement modifies this game's development from Brawl's, if at all.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'll consider that when I go back to Battle Chateau.

I'm outta Pokemon that I wanna raise. So idk what to start working on: A Magnezone with w/e nature idk of, a Jolteon that I will have to breed, an Electrode for idk why, a Metagross, or what? Maybe something that can take hits or is fast. I know Jolteon slightly outspeeds evil Greninja, and I still need current team tests... Again, no legendaries plz.
Why not a Milotic or Vaporeon?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I hope you're right. Most people seem to adhere to the idea that, the longer a game is developed, the better it will be; while that's generally true, with Brawl, Sakurai admitted he stopped adding content to the game not far into its development in lieu of "distilling the game down." Based on how Brawl turned out, that may not have been for the best, or only arguably for the best. It'll be interesting to see how extensively Namco's involvement modifies this game's development from Brawl's, if at all.
The problem with Brawl wasn't the length of time spent on the game, it was what he spent his time on that ultimately hurt the game. He's admitted in the past how much time and resources Subspace Emissary took to develop, to the point where a good portion of the games disc is nothing but assets for that one mode. Factor in the optimization and compression issues that countless hackers have discovered over the years it paints an obvious picture of what is wrong with Brawl. Melee was rushed out the door with known glitches yet many people feel it is the best in the series. Sakurai tried to be too ambitious with the last game, and I think it hurt the overall experience. This time, he seems to have a better understanding of where to direct his attention, and the addition of Namco can only benefit us in the long run so long as Sakurai has open ears -- which he does.

My bigger concern is Zelda being rushed onto store shelves.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just got done watching Monster's University. And you know what, it surprised me.

I expected it to be pretty bad, but I found it entertaining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom