• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Aw man....

What's this gonna do to my Trainershipping?

RedxWFT OTP!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Aw man....

What's this gonna do to my Trainershipping?

RedxWFT OTP!
Nothing. This means he'll get a strap-on in one hole and a gray dumbbell in the other.

Unless it turns out Miss Fit has one too. Then he's doubly butt****ed.

Literally.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I haven't seen Monster's University yet. I'm sure I'll enjoy it though, Pixar has yet to disappoint me.

Also, Michael Myers >>>>>>>>>> any other crazy murderer.
Pixar disappointed me when they never came out with A Bug's Life 2.

Agreed. He has that classic eerie Halloween theme song from the 70's/80's too that I posted earlier... Probably scarier than the movies themselves, but it definitely sets the tone well for the settings and character, and strengthens my spirit for Halloween/Harvest Day.

Pit confirmed for great taste.

Speaking of taste...My god. The things I have seen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=925HMw34ByI
The vid only made me scoff at most. Part of me probably would've been amused if they had shown more than those 17 seconds.

And happy birthday Falcon.

So... Male WFT huh? Another thing I'm kind of indifferent about, but I guess it is an appropriate enough trick n' treat, and do like how it kinda opens the doors for rule 63 versions of other characters, for lack of better word.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Pixar disappointed me when they never came out with A Bug's Life 2.

Agreed. He has that classic eerie Halloween theme song from the 70's/80's too that I posted earlier... Probably scarier than the movies themselves, but it definitely sets the tone well for the settings and character, and strengthens my spirit for Halloween/Harvest Day.
I must agree there, I'd love to see a sequel to a Bug's Life.

And IIRC Halloween was produced on a low budget (low at the time at least) and it turned out pretty darn good regardless. It had like 3 different themes playing throughout the film, all of them are pretty similar to each other, and all three fit the film perfectly in my opinion.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
What is even happening...
Sometimes I don't what I love more.

You, your reactions, or how your avy of Ingrid fits everything you say when you're shocked...Which seems to be 95% of the time. XD

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Allow me to correct you.

Well, that answers my last question.

Clearly, it's Issie that I love more. XD

Can I be your Kakarot? =D

The pumpkin is clearly your Bulma since I'm sure he would look good in any and all of her outfits. ¦D

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I was kind of hoping we'd get an alt costume update on Halloween. But... Huh. He Fit clearly has a larger/different frame. For a costume they really went all out.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
That vid will work for now. >_<

But then...

Ninja'd, but here's the Sakurai comment anyways.
Finally, we have an actual reveal!

Considering that he wasn't revealed as a character, this means he's either an alt. costume or an assist trophy. However, assist trophies haven't been introduced yet. So, very likely to be an alt. costume. If it is, than this is bigger than we realize.

The alt. costume is a male for a female. So, besides physical change, voice changes for alt. costumes might of just been confirmed as well (that's if it's truely an alt. costume).

Also, Happy Halloween, folks. Don't get molested while treat or tricking!

Also ALSO, Happy Birthday, Hyperfalcon! ♥

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I was kind of hoping we'd get an alt costume update on Halloween. But... Huh. He Fit clearly has a larger/different frame. For a costume they really went all out.
Speak of the devil and he shall appear. I love how that always seems to happen whenever I bring you up. ¦D

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually, he only said "The number of playable characters will be the same in each version." There was never any specification if exclusives could happen or not. We could have partial exclusives, where connecting to the other version unlocks them. Or exclusives without that option, but the same overall number. IMO, besides the customization on the 3DS done that has to be transferred over to the Wii U version, I don't want any exclusive characters either.

But who knows what'll happen.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Actually, he only said "The number of playable characters will be the same in each version." There was never any specification if exclusives could happen or not. We could have partial exclusives, where connecting to the other version unlocks them. Or exclusives without that option, but the same overall number. IMO, besides the customization on the 3DS done that has to be transferred over to the Wii U version, I don't want any exclusive characters either.

You're thinking too hard for no reason. Stop that. ¦D

Anyways, I ran into a Swimmer guy named Ramses in X.

Naturally, this was the first thing to come to mind. =D

Kamikazek

Smash Lord

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1972435/super_smash_bros_the_difference_between_wii_u_3ds_versions.html
Heavily implies no version exclusive characters.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not really. It just implies that the final roster will be the same for both versions(which fits more with his earlier message anyway). It is hardly specific enough to say "no exclusives"(we could still have some games start with specific ones that you have to unlock by connecting. He never implies either case at all). Especially when his first message is just as vague. "The number of characters will be the same for both versions." I find it hard to believe he's being beyond specific until he actually says no exclusives. I have yet to see a vague statement about it, so until then... I can't really accept it's not vague right now.

Anyway, I wonder what I should wear for my Birthday/Halloween...

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Not really. It just implies that the final roster will be the same for both versions(which fits more with his earlier message anyway). It is hardly specific enough to say "no exclusives"(we could still have some games start with specific ones that you have to unlock by connecting. He never implies either case at all). Especially when his first message is just as vague. "The number of characters will be the same for both versions." I find it hard to believe he's being beyond specific until he actually says no exclusives. I have yet to see a vague statement about it, so until then... I can't really accept it's not vague right now.

-----------------

What's the Miiverse post say about the new image? This is somewhat important.
I swear you are the most stubborn person...>.>
Happy birthday by the way.
The Miiverse post just mentioned that the trial version of the new Wii Fit is out and that the pic was to commemorate the occasion. It didn't actually talk about the picture itself.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't expect vague information as an implication of "no exclusives". No, that was not any kind of implication exclusives can't exist. There's already stage exclusives, so we don't know what he'll do. We know the final rosters will be the same now. But that's all that we can realistically say.

And thanks. Yeah, it doesn't mention it's a costume(even though it's beyond probable), great. -_- I had to take off some information somewhere because of a "guess".

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sakurai strikes again! Wii Fit Trainer is a gift that keeps on trolling.

So, the Halloween update is Wii Fit Trainer's alternate costume. I love it!!!!!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Awesome to see a sex change costume swap (and something to talk aboot here). So that means this will be the first time a costume swap will have a separate VOICE ACTOR too from the looks of things (that's just crazy man).

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sakurai strikes again! Wii Fit Trainer is a gift that keeps on trolling.

So, the Halloween update is Wii Fit Trainer's alternate costume. I love it!!!!!
...What? How is this in any way shape or form "trolling"?

You people, I swear. You people.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...What? How is this in any way shape or form "trolling"?

You people, I swear. You people.
I don't know either. That's not trolling, that's good timing and being awesome.

Trolling would be giving us an absolutely useless update today, like showing MegaMan charging the Mega Buster when we've seen and already know that.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

The thing is...I kinda agree with him.

I don't mind a female Villager, male WFT, a female Pokemon Trainer, and similar things, but "skins" that change Sonic into Shadow, Falcon into Black Shadow, Pikachu into Raichu, Marth into Roy, etc... Yeah, those take away a lot.

It doesn't truly feel like you're actually playing as another character, even if the sound effects and such are changed.
Reducing an individual character to a costume feels like an insult, for the most part.

-----

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We've had alternate costumes since at least Melee. Blood Falcon is even on the back of the red costume of Captain Falcon's shirt. It's not as neat as this, though. And he was a different person from Captain Falcon as is.

It's been done, really. As long as the skin(outside of a genderswap) just gives them the colors, very similar to how Peach's Daisy costume is, I'd stick with it. I'm not a fan of the skins idea(again, besides appropriate genderswaps. This is good for characters like Villager and Pokemon Trainer as well)

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I don't expect vague information as an implication of "no exclusives". No, that was not any kind of implication exclusives can't exist. There's already stage exclusives, so we don't know what he'll do. We know the final rosters will be the same now. But that's all that we can realistically say.

And thanks. Yeah, it doesn't mention it's a costume(even though it's beyond probable), great. -_- I had to take off some information somewhere because of a "guess".
Yes, it's quite vague(Sakurai almost always is), and the meaning was possibly lost in translation. That's why it's an implication. Implication=it could be interpreted this way. Implications, even heavy implications, could lead in the right direction or the wrong direction. Implications are by their very nature vague and subject to misunderstanding and debate. If it was concrete it wouldn't be an implication. :p Saying "I don't expect vague information as an implication" is close to (though not quite the same as I realize) saying that you just don't accept implications. You said the only thing he's said about the subject is that there will be the same number of characters. I gave you another link to a different statement on the same subject. The reasoning he gave for keeping the same characters (that it's rough for consumers) implies, to me, that characters only being available on one version by transferring is something he'd be against. I want to say there was another, more concrete statement about both games having the same roster, but I can't find it so I have no proof for you or myself.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That second statement still doesn't say "no exclusives" regardless. It definitely sounds like it could be the case, respectively. Or at the very least, very few exclusives, or even DLC for them as an option. We don't know. He just isn't specific enough for me to really say anything about it beyond pure guesses.

He did at one time he had no planned DLC, but I forget if that was before or after this statement. That may matter. If it was before, who knows? If it was after, he probably doesn't want exclusives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom