• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wanna see Dry Bowser now

Though I suppose, IF Dry Bowser was going to be a Bowser costume Halloween would have been the time to show it

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You mean to tell me we get something new for Wii Fit U's launch but nothing for Pokémon X/Y? Guess Nintendo/Sakurai really did believe Pokémon didn't need any extra gimmick to sell well -- not that it did.
From an analysis of the Japanese Miiverse post with Xerneas that Hoots posted in the social group, it was implied that Sakurai did have something to show, but he is not allowed to due to higher ups.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is there any "Cool" anthropomorphic pokemon like Zozoark and Lucario in X/Y?

I can't think of any

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You mean to tell me we get something new for Wii Fit U's launch but nothing for Pokémon X/Y? Guess Nintendo/Sakurai really did believe Pokémon didn't need any extra gimmick to sell well -- not that it did.

Figured Wii Fit Trainer Man was going to be some sort of model swap like Wario. Pretty sure we'll be seeing Female Villager in the future at some point too.
It's rumored that GameFreak wouldn't allow a character reveal. So it may not have been Sakurai's fault.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who could the character be that they are hiding?

The only viable option I could see would be Mewtwo Y. Which, I'm not sure why they would need to hide since Mewtwo Y was the first Mega even revealed.

Edit: Goodra would have been awesome if it looked like this:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
X and Y don't really seem to have their lone poke star like Diamond and Pearl did with Lucario and Black and White with Zoroark. The closest thing that X and Y has is Mega Mewtwo Y so I guess we could probably expect to see him in some form. Wether it's a transformation or a glorified final smash for regular Mewtwo is up for debate I guess.... :/

I guess there is also the likes of Pangoro and Hawlucha but I'm not very sure about their chances though.....

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe they plan to reveal it to promote another game...

So...about that blue Pikachu...could it be...o_0 ?
It's just a Pikachu that is blue. They could just make it an alternate color.

It's not like the blue Pikachu is suddenly going to shoot water or fire or something

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The people at Gamefreak seemed to like Greninja more than any other staters, and Ash in the anime gets a froakie

Greninja for Smash?

Not to mention Greninja is the most popular starter with fans

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Not to mention Greninja is the most popular starter with fans
Nnnnaaaaaaah.

It's clearly a tie between the Fennekin line and the Froakie line. It started out with Fennekin being the most popular, then the both of them being equally popular.

Though that mainly happened cause people got butthurt that Fennekin's line didn't look like any of the feral fan predictions.

That, and cause Froakie is a badass frog ninja for the whole line, through and through.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nnnnaaaaaaah.

It's clearly a tie between the Fennekin line and the Froakie line. It started out with Fennekin being the most popular, then the both of them being equally popular.

Though that mainly happened cause people got butthurt that Fennekin's line didn't look like any of the feral fan predictions.

That, and cause Froakie is a badass frog ninja for the whole line, through and through.
It's nowhere near a tie

Fenniken was more popular than Froakie, but Greninja is WAY more popular than Delphox

Edit: Put Fenniken twice

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Who could the character be that they are hiding?

The only viable option I could see would be Mewtwo Y. Which, I'm not sure why they would need to hide since Mewtwo Y was the first Mega even revealed.

Edit: Goodra would have been awesome if it looked like this:

I'm still thinking that if it's Mewtwo, I would only think it'd be fair to include Mewtwo X and Y instead of just one. The way I see it, you include both or neither. The question is how would it be done due to Smash's control scheme.

I guess there is also the likes of Pangoro and Hawlucha but I'm not very sure about their chances though.....
I keep forgetting Hawlucha for some reason, despite that I call the males Tizoc and the girls either Angel or Jaycee. I don't think either will be playable. Same goes for the starters. Sans Pangoro, the other four have "equivalents" with Bowser/Donkey Kong (Chesnaught), Zelda (Delphox), Sheik (Greninja), and potentially Toad (Hawlucha).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not to mention Delphox is REALLY ugly and awkward looking

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IDK, I've never used him or heard anyone talk about him in pokemon forums

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It's nowhere near a tie

Fenniken was more popular than Froakie, but Greninja is WAY more popular than Delphox

Edit: Put Fenniken twice
And Braixen is more popular than them both, oddly enough. According to fanart, anyway. ¦D;

Not to mention Delphox is REALLY ugly and awkward looking
You know what? **** you, okay? Not everything you don't like is ugly and unpopular as you always seem to state. Seriously. - -

People whined about Delphox initially, but the more I look around, the more I see tons and tons of art for Delphox being made. I don't as much for Greninja, but the amount of people talking about him speaks for itself.

It's a tie, let's just it at that. Either way, the point is that no one seems to give a **** about poor little Chespin. D:

I guess they still haven't gotten over it's second evolution.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's a tie, let's just it at that. Either way, the point is that no one seems to give a **** about poor little Chespin. D:

I do.

I'm using him for Pokemon Profile Pic Month in December on Facebook.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think Delphox is ugly because I don't like it

I don't like Delphox because it's ugly

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I liked Chespin the most initially, but later when I saw his final evolution... Eh I thought I'd rather have a cool ninja frog in my party instead.............. ^^;

I still love Chespin though. >:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And Braixen is more popular than them both, oddly enough. According to fanart, anyway. ¦D;

You know what? **** you, okay? Not everything you don't like is ugly and unpopular as you always seem to state. Seriously. - -

People whined about Delphox initially, but the more I look around, the more I see tons and tons of art for Delphox being made. I don't as much for Greninja, but the amount of people talking about him speaks for itself.

Yeah, because pokemon fan artists are the majority of the pokemon fanbase...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Charizard having 2 megas was the biggest double edged sword decision they made

It split the community for a while and gave some people a bad impression

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Yeah, because pokemon fan artists are the majority of the pokemon fanbase...
They have the strongest voices by not having to say anything and letting all the fans themselves surround the well done pics and yammer on about the Pokemon.

So, in a way, yeah. They are.

I don't think Delphox is ugly because I don't like it

I don't like Delphox because it's ugly
...I never said otherwise. You're not making a point here. Redundant, much?

Whatever. You don't like anything and are a terribly boring person. We'll just go with that. :3

Also, because I'm a complete ****ing dip****, I've been running around for the past few days not knowing where Route 20 was and ended up getting a lot done elsewhere as a result, only to learn early this morning, on complete accident, that the forest was right there in the freaking town. Ugh. XD;

I get in there, the first thing I find is a female Amoonguss. Didn't have one yet, so eh. Works. Second thing I find is a female Jigglypuff. Yay. :3 Fell asleep after, woke up today and walked a little bit, ran into another Jigglypuff. That makes three Pokemon...But what's the 4th thing I run into?

A freaking ZOROARK. And a female one on top of that! I was expecting to have to trade for one of those! D:

So happy right now. SO HAPPY. <3

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Strongest voice from whose standard?

As far as I can tell, the competitive pokemon community is stronger

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Strongest voice from whose standard?

As far as I can tell, the competitive pokemon community is stronger
The Competitive Pokemon community is like the Competitive Smash community.

Loud, but not strong. Game Freak knows they exist but hardly caters to them much.

Though they do care about them more than Sakurai cares about competitive smashers, that's for sure. <3

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, if the pokemon fan art community had their way, ALL pokemon would be anthropomorphic with exaggerated male and female parts

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well, if the pokemon fan art community had their way, ALL pokemon would be anthropomorphic with exaggerated male and female parts
...Why are you even...What would make you think they pay attention to...Uuuugh....

You're really going about this the wrong way. Seriously. ¦D;

Forget it. You're far too annoying to try and have a decent conversation with.

Says the biggest jerk and jackass in this thread himself. XD

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
*wakes up*

I like Delphox though. I'm an occasional sucker for magic stuff, like that magical flaming stick it has, or nuff said when it comes to Alakazam with them spoons. The thing that did disappoint me was that Greninja had the advantage over both the other starters, from having better speed, has Ice Beam to beat Chestnaught, and no comment bout poor Delphox. What annoyed me was that Delphox couldn't do that. I mean Greninja has both of em beat, Chestnaught, if it lives, could use Earthquake to beat poor Delphox, and what does our little Fox have? Boring Grass Knot, and Solar Beam which the latter is really only good if you're running a sunny team. Honestly I thought Delphox would at the very least could learn Thunderbolt, and it'd be so rare to find Hidden Power Electric on one (to me that is).

I still love that cute little Fox though. Braixen is just so adorable. <3

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did the miiverse quote say anything about costumes? Or was it more about the wii fit trainer specifically having a costume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom