• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
This dude on reddit is going through the code of the game, or so I hear. Apparently there might (don't get your hopes up) be 2 more mega forms to be revealed
INB4 Mega Mewtwo Z and Mega Charizard Z :troll:

EDIT: Damn it, I made this joke before all of you, but stupid Smashboards refused to post my post.

D

Deleted member

This dude on reddit is going through the code of the game, or so I hear. Apparently there might (don't get your hopes up) be 2 more mega forms to be revealed
Mega Charizard Z and Mega Mewtwo Z.

Called it first. :troll:
DAMN IT MR. UNIVERSE!

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
All I want is a Rapidash mega evolution.

A flaming, armored-up warhorse, why is this not a thing yet!?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Don't quote me but all I've heard is Purrloin (but I think the person actually meant Liepard)

EDIT: How do I spoiler something?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Don't quote me but all I've heard is Purrloin (but I think the person actually meant Liepard)

EDIT: How do I spoiler something?

[ collapse ] bla bla bla [ /collapse ], without spaces.

Yeah, one might think that spoiler tags should be
, but... yeah...

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
If anything the hidden mega-evolutions should be for weak Pokémon, they need a little boost like they did with my beautiful Mawile or like with Ampharos, Absol etc..

But it probably won't be it, at least yet.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Also, correct me if I'm fundamentally wrong about this game stuff, but even if there are no megas left in the code of the game or whatever, couldn't they add more megas through patching when they're ready? So we could always get those starter Megas later (or Mega Metagross).

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
What, someone thought Xerneas would be playable in Smash, even though playable characters are announced with a "CHALLENGER APPROACHING" banner and getting their own image gallery? It has been observed with every reveal so far, so why would Xerneas be an exception?

Anyway, this was my reaction:
Is Ganondorf's laugh your reaction to everything? :p :troll:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Now that Wii Fit U is out, going by the Japanese release of games we have Super Mario 3D World on 11/21 and A Link Between Worlds on 12/26. Guess what gets released 12/05?
Dragon Quest X: Wii U Edition. :troll:

I think we've pretty much hit our veteran reveals for the rest of the year. After Sakurai's Wii Fit U launch celebration pic today I'm fully expecting some kind of playful Mario, Luigi, and Peach picture when 3D World releases. Bar some random surprise, the last character we may see for the year could be Zelda.

Morbi

Scavenger
Now that Wii Fit U is out, going by the Japanese release of games we have Super Mario 3D World on 11/21 and A Link Between Worlds on 12/26. Guess what gets released 12/05?

I think we've pretty much hit our veteran reveals for the rest of the year. After Sakurai's Wii Fit U launch celebration pic today I'm fully expecting some kind of playful Mario, Luigi, and Peach picture when 3D World releases. Bar some random surprise, the last character we may see for the year could be Zelda.
You honestly think that for 2... almost 3 months (by 1 day) that the only character reveal we will see is Zelda?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I had such high hopes for the Ghost/Psychic one, GameFreak, why?
Unless these are really convincing fakes, hopefully.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Is Ganondorf's laugh your reaction to everything? :p :troll:
Don't you already know? I have secretly claimed the title of Evil Overlord of Smashboards. :awesome::evil::demon::laugh:

Guess it's not a secret to everybody anymore. :troll:

Anyway, impressive that X/Y got hacked already, though I'm a bit skeptical about it. The three unrevealed legendaries appearances do match their typing to an extent. Also, is it just me or do they have some similarities to each another? Seems like they could be a trio...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Don't you already know? I have secretly claimed the title of Evil Overlord of Smashboards. :awesome::evil::demon::laugh:

Anyway, impressive that X/Y got hacked already, though I'm a bit skeptical about it. The three unrevealed legendaries appearances do match their typing to an extent. Also, is it just me or do they have some similarities to each another? Seems like they could be a trio...
I guess we'll see in time....

Morbi

Scavenger

Those look too horrible to be real.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
[ collapse ] bla bla bla [ /collapse ], without spaces.

Yeah, one might think that spoiler tags should be
, but... yeah...
I'm well aware of the collapse spoiler but I was wanting the kind of spoiler that's a black box that you have to hover the mouse to make the message appear. But not needed now...

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm well aware of the collapse spoiler but I was wanting the kind of spoiler that's a black box that you have to hover the mouse to make the message appear. But not needed now...
Don't think the code is supported now.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
So, I know this was talked about a few pages before, but apparently Sakurai wasn't allowed to reveal a Pokemon rep for X/Y? I wonder what that means. I don't see any potential Pokemon having to be kept secret, but that just makes this more interesting.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Only 2? :( I guess no megas for Gen 2 starters, then....:urg:
Also, correct me if I'm fundamentally wrong about this game stuff, but even if there are no megas left in the code of the game or whatever, couldn't they add more megas through patching when they're ready? So we could always get those starter Megas later (or Mega Metagross).
They still could add more, depending on how they coded the game.
But as of right now there are 2 mystery items that MIGHT be mega stones.

No Control

Smash Apprentice
I really hope these aren't just Mega Mewtwo Z and Mega Charizard Z.

Edit: Why is Zygarde so, so ugly compared to Xerneas and Yveltal? I swear Game Freak's designs get more and more inconsistent with time. (At least B&W's were consistently awful *trollface*).

Edit #2: How do you do the troll face?

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
So, I know this was talked about a few pages before, but apparently Sakurai wasn't allowed to reveal a Pokemon rep for X/Y? I wonder what that means. I don't see any potential Pokemon having to be kept secret, but that just makes this more interesting.

Hmmm, I think it might be up to Game Freak to decide when certain content is getting revealed to an extent, perhaps they have something planned? You know what would be really interesting though is if one of the new Pokemon or a new Mega Evolution was revealed through Smash, doubtful but even still...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
...Well, at least it isn't from 4chan.

I am curious to see the results. Better be Typhlosion either way. Dude needs love. :urk:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

I bet the picture is going to be Mario, Luigi, Peach holding up Toad, and Bowser together in a new Mario stage when Super Mario 3D World comes out.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'd say Starfox could make for a good anime.

Metroid seems like it wouldn't unless you focus on everything pre-Metroid.
In other words, make an anime adaptation of the pre-Zero Mission manga! Where Ridley talks, etc.

Mega Arcanine and Mega Ninetales please?
Mega Arcanine and Mega Rapidash for me, or that fake rumored Mega Dragonite.

Gen 1 as a whole has already gotten enough love as it is though.

I really hope these aren't just Mega Mewtwo Z and Mega Charizard Z.

Edit: Why is Zygarde so, so ugly compared to Xerneas and Yveltal? I swear Game Freak's designs get more and more inconsistent with time. (At least B&W's were consistently awful *trollface*).

Edit #2: How do you do the troll face?
Don't know about ugly, but Zygarde looks more like it would be part bug type than dragon/ground, and as an uber its base stats frankly weren't up to snuff, for me. Is the only legendary I have that I still haven't bothered to super train yet, even though I caught one with an adamant nature.

And as a dragon/ground it's kind of a poor man's Garchomp/Mega Garchomp, if anything.

edit: It's just : troll : without the spaces.

No Control

Smash Apprentice

I highly doubt that any 6th gen Pokemon will make it into Smash, though, so I don't see why it would make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom