• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I can easily go that far.

His fate is already labeled right in broad daylight.
That's absurd. Whether he is playable or not is up to Sakurai, but it won't be because Peach's down special disqualifies him from being playable.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
We already got nameless faceless newcomers from best-selling franchises. Villager and Wii Fit Trainer would like a word with you.

Toad is not nameless or faceless...
The term 'nameless and faceless' is in reference to the notion that literally any character from the Mario series will suffice, so long as they're from the Mario series, because of the "reps" condition with which many are afflicted. My mistake for interpreting your 'sufficient' terminology as a continuation of the "reps" talking point.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just give me Yoshi and I'll be content.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Meh, I'd definitely take Rosalina over Toad and majority of the new characters that people whine and moan about wanting in Smash 4.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If anything Rosaline should just be and alt costume for Peach. Just replace Toad with a Luma.
That won't work... You cannot call Rosalina "Peach" unless you are Mario cheating on Peach... it is not the same like the Wii Fit Trainer's case where the male and female trainers are interchangeable.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
That's absurd. Whether he is playable or not is up to Sakurai, but it won't be because Peach's down special disqualifies him from being playable.
Ironically you're only providing more confidence that Toad is not playable.

"There are more then one Toad the special attack doesn't disqualify Toad shut up your face is stupid"

Both Melee and Brawl times used that sort of logic too. Most likely going to happen again. I'm sorry, but eventually you'll get the hint.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I leave for ten minutes and we're having a Mario newcomer discussion.

How about nobody new? If we're gonna get anyone else, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Doc because he was worked on in Brawl alongside Mewtwo and Roy.

I'll admit, I don't like that idea, I just find it somewhat likely. Though I find nobody new as the more likely choice.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
That won't work... You cannot call Rosalina "Peach" unless you are Mario cheating on Peach... it is not the same like the Wii Fit Trainer's case where the male and female trainers are interchangeable.
Oh please, Rosalina is just a better Peach with a decent background story that's a lot more useful, a lot more mature and a lot less annoying.

It's not like she's Daisy who is vastly different despite only being able to say "Hi, I'm Daisy!". ¦D

And even then Daisy has always been one of Peach's alt colors, taking us back to the times where Daisy was just a recolored Peach and nothing more.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh please, Rosalina is just a better Peach with a decent background story that's a lot more useful, a lot more mature and a lot less annoying.

It's not like she's Daisy who is vastly different despite only being able to say "Hi, I'm Daisy!". ¦D
Point is.... Rosalina is not Peach. It is not a matter of who is better.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Now that Toad is gone, nothing stops Bowser Junior from being playable. I hope you're happy Habby.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
At this point, I wouldn't mind if none of my wanted newcomers make it, so long as Jigglypuff comes back to shut up the idiots who think she'll definitely be cut out.

To be honest and at this point, I'm not expecting Toad anymore. Lol.

But then again, I'd rather wait. Blue Toad's the God now (Not really).

At this point, Toad being playable in SSB 4 is a plus for me because the main cake is his playability in Super Mario 3D World.

I'm not expecting any newcomer in Mario. It's a possibility that for some reason, people keep forgetting about

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I leave for ten minutes and we're having a Mario newcomer discussion.

How about nobody new? If we're gonna get anyone else, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Doc because he was worked on in Brawl alongside Mewtwo and Roy.

I'll admit, I don't like that idea, I just find it somewhat likely. Though I find nobody new as the more likely choice.
Unless Sakurai still has misgivings about "reducing the uniqueness" of characters by giving more than just WFT and Wario costumes, I don't see much of a problem with adding a Doc costume for Mario. This is something that people have asked for for years, since pre-Brawl, and now, several seem to be getting cold feet for whatever reason. We don't yet know for sure whether or not He Fit Trainer will have slight tweaks to his moves, so it's not as though Doc would lose his Melee playstyle for sure if he became a similar costume.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Point is.... Rosalina is not Peach. It is not a matter of who is better.
That's your point.

My point is that, yeah, she basically is.

Peach having Rosalina as an alternate costume would be no different from how she already has the Daisy color re-skin since Daisy at one point in the past WAS just a recolored Peach.

But screw alt outfits. I'd rather see Rosalina be a new character on her own.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'ts stuff like this that Sakurai is trying to avoid.
Oh okay, so it's okay for Daisy to be interchangeable with Peach, because they have similar builds. But it's NOT okay for Rosalina to be interchangeable, because they have similar builds??? Help me out here guys. What is this?:

Because it looks like Peach in Daisy's dress. Would it better if Peach was in Rosalina's dress???

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Must be why Peach didn't have Daisy as a model swap like the male Wii Fit Trainer is for the female Wii Fit Trainer but instead she got a palette swap based on Daisy.
Yeah, no. Read.

That's your point.

My point is that, yeah, she basically is.

Peach having Rosalina as an alternate costume would be no different from how she already has the Daisy color re-skin since Daisy at one point in the past WAS just a recolored Peach.

But screw alt outfits. I'd rather see Rosalina be a new character on her own.
Oh okay so it's okay for Daisy to be interchange with Peach, because they have similar builds. But it's not okay for Rosalina to be interchangeable, because they have similar builds??? Help me out here guys. What is this?

Because it looks like Peach in Daisy's dress. Would it better if Peach was in Rosalina's Dress?
Yeah, try again, Arcadenik.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ironically you're only providing more confidence that Toad is not playable.

"There are more then one Toad the special attack doesn't disqualify Toad shut up your face is stupid"

Both Melee and Brawl times used that sort of logic too. Most likely going to happen again. I'm sorry, but eventually you'll get the hint.
Your applying a presupposition there cannot be two Toads when there is nothing that states there cannot be. Trying to force logic into a game that already bends the nature of many of the series for each character is not something I'd be so confident about. I seem to recall some people saying Toon Link couldn't be playable because we had Conductor Link. Using Melee and Brawl to establish your "logic" is disingenuous at best. We'll see in the coming months what happens.
Oh okay, so it's okay for Daisy to be interchangeable with Peach, because they have similar builds. But it's NOT okay for Rosalina to be interchangeable, because they have similar builds??? Help me out here guys. What is this?:

Because it looks like Peach in Daisy's dress. Would it better if Peach was in Rosalina's dress???
Do realize there is a difference between a color swap and alternate costumes.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Honestly, there really isn't. People just try too hard to over-glorify the alt costumes.

But if we want to be that anal about it, the model used for the Daisy color and the model used for Peach's usual outfits are not exactly the same, which you can clearly see just by looking.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
We'll see in the coming months what happens.
No need to wait, we already confirmed his fate back in September.

But if you're really that desperate to wait till release date and see that Toad isn't on the roster 110%, feel free to do it. But one thing for sure is that having a character being confirmed for anything but playable is not supposed to be a sign of encouragement.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
No need to wait, we already confirmed his fate back in September.

But if you're really that desperate to wait till release date and see that Toad isn't on the roster 110%, feel free to do it. But one thing for sure is that having a character being confirmed for anything but playable is not supposed to be a sign of encouragement.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm just saying, when you take the time to give a color swap specific assets like a flower pendent and flower earrings, you might as well go all out.

Sakurai & Co. could of easily just changed the color value on Peach's existing model assets, but they took the time to actually model these things out.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Like really look at all that height she has.
And then she gets shrunk down to Peach's and Daisy's size in Mario Kart Wii so no one remembers her larger height and they don't care either.

Yaaay~! =D

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Honestly, there really isn't. People just try too hard to over-glorify the alt costumes.

But if we want to be that anal about it, the model used for the Daisy color and the model used for Peach's usual outfits are not exactly the same, which you can clearly see just by looking.
That may be the case in Melee... but it was not so in Brawl. Sorry.

And besides, the Daisy model swap in Melee didn't get its own set of palette swaps like the Wario Land Wario's model swap did.

Also Rosalina is forty feet tall.
Rosalina is too big.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I actually think Toad may have a chance. Unlikely, but still.

EDIT: lol @ Swapnote. I read the article and it mentioned you'd get notified via a blue light (Spotpass). Look to my right, oh look, 3DS has a blue light on. Oh jeez, this sucks. I hope it won't affect the notes I've saved since I started using the app. Want to look back, you know?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Was she? I remember her being a heavyweight.
Yeah, she is a heavyweight, but she is essentially the same size as Peach.

Rosalina is scaled down only when Nintendo finds it convenient. Kinda like Bowser.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
That may be the case in Melee... but it was not so in Brawl. Sorry.

And besides, the Daisy model swap in Melee didn't get its own set of palette swaps like the Wario Land Wario's model swap did.
1. No ****, I was talking about Melee. I've actually messed with Peach's Brawl model myself, so I know those are the same.

2. Why does that even matter? There isn't any greater significance in that. You're really overplaying and overrating it.

If anything, Sakurai is (as always) just limiting things needlessly because of his dumb worries about "individuality". It won't harm anything. The people who want Peach's voice and model will use the Peach costumes and the people who would want either Daisy or Rosalina would pick those. The same would apply with any other characters who had alt outfits. The same DOES apply to Wario's and now to the two Fit Trainers.

If anything, he should be seeing this as a way for him to completely avoid making complete clones while still putting in other characters that people like in a way that wouldn't bother them too much. Then again, Toon Link is proof that the whole "clone" thing isn't as much of an issue to him as he tried to make it seem.

I swear, that would never be an issue if all the clones were either just alternate costumes, or were built more like Luigi.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Was she? I remember her being a heavyweight.
In Mario Kart Wii it's based around height, while in Mario Kart 7 it's based on weight.

She's classified as Large in Mario Kart Wii and Cruiser in Mario Kart 7.

So yes, she's indeed classified as fat. But she'll just masquerade it as "gravitational powers".

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Anyone see this?
http://kotaku.com/nintendo-pulls-3ds-feature-says-kids-were-sharing-off-1456565997

Stupid kids and sending naked pics to each other.
Isn't the whole reason behind friend codes to prevent children from being exposed to older people who might do stuff like this?

But if kids are already doing, what Nintento is trying to protect them from, then doesn't it make the FC pretty much useless???

I think Nintendo should quit trying to be BIG brother, and leave it to the parents to be BIG adults and take care of their kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom