• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If anything, Sakurai is (as always) just limiting things needlessly because of his dumb worries about "individuality". It won't harm anything. The people who want Peach's voice and model will use the Peach costumes and the people who would want either Daisy or Rosalina would pick those. The same would apply with any other characters who had alt outfits. The same DOES apply to Wario's and now to the two Fit Trainers.

If anything, he should be seeing this as a way for him to completely avoid making complete clones while still putting in other characters that people like in a way that wouldn't bother them too much. Then again, Toon Link is proof that the whole "clone" thing isn't as much of an issue to him as he tried to make it seem.

I swear, that would never be an issue if all the clones were either just alternate costumes, or were built more like Luigi.
I understand where Sakurai is coming from about alternate costumes, and frankly, I agree with his stance. They feel cheap. It's one thing to reference another character with a color set, but trying to pass off another character as a skin just doesn't cut it. One of the biggest problems I have with other fighting games -- UMvC3 Zero "X" costume anyone?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Paper Mario should be a model swap for Mario... no need to waste slots on him.

Waluigi should be a model swap for Luigi... no need to waste slots on him.

Rosalina should be a model swap for Peach... no need to waste slots on her.

Bowser Jr. should be a model swap for Bowser... no need to waste slots on him.

Dr. Mario should be a separate character apart from Mario with his own slot.

This way, Melee fans are happy with Dr. Mario... people who are against Mario newcomers are happy no real Mario newcomers were added... Miiverse morons are happy they get to play as Paper Mario, Waluigi, Rosalina, and Bowser Jr.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I understand where Sakurai is coming from about alternate costumes, and frankly, I agree with his stance. They feel cheap. It's one thing to reference another character with a color set, but trying to pass off another character as a skin just doesn't cut it. One of the biggest problems I have with other fighting games -- UMvC3 Zero "X" costume anyone?
UMvC3 Zero's "X" costume, while a troll moment from Capcom at best, does actually make sense when you consider Mega Man X6 and the fact that Zero originally was Mega Man X until Inafune had to change his design since his team felt that it didn't look enough like a "Mega Man" because of the red and thought he wouldn't be as popular because of it.

Ironically, X is nowhere near as popular as Zero and he pretty much hijacked the rest of the canon X series and moved it on into Mega Man Zero and Mega Man ZX.

Anyway, yeah. Not seeing the issue here. I'd rather have Falco be an alternate costume for Fox than have him just be another clone again.

There isn't that much of a greater significance between colors and the costume. Having them be skins is perfectly fine. You're acting like their character will be ruined if it happens or something.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Isn't the whole reason behind friend codes to prevent children from being exposed to older people who might do stuff like this?

But if kids are already doing, what Nintento is trying to protect them from, then doesn't it make the FC pretty much useless???

I think Nintendo should quit trying to be BIG brother, and leave it to the parents to be BIG adults and take care of their kids.
But taking matters into our own hands is so un-American.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Isn't the whole reason behind friend codes to prevent children from being exposed to older people who might do stuff like this?

But if kids are already doing, what Nintento is trying to protect them from, then doesn't it make the FC pretty much useless???

I think Nintendo should quit trying to be BIG brother, and leave it to the parents to be BIG adults and take care of their kids.
that would require parents actually being parents and actually take responsibility for what their kids do and play

and we alllllll know that ish ain't poppin' off

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

This way, Melee fans are happy with Dr. Mario... people who are against Mario newcomers are happy no real Mario newcomers were added... Miiverse morons are happy they get to play as Paper Mario, Waluigi, Rosalina, and Bowser Jr.
So anyone who thinks differently than you is a moron?

That definitely sounds like where you're trying to go with this.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
What about Wario?
Forgot about him for a second. :laugh:

Out of curiosity can you even delete friend codes? I got a couple people I want to delete because it's been several months and they haven't added me yet.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
But taking matters into our own hands is so un-American.
Except when it comes to oil.

Your too kind:
Paper Mario should be nothing more than a trophy figurine. And possibly have a sound track.

Waluigi... Keep him as an Assist Trophy.

If Rosaline bothers you guys as a color swap/alternate costume. Then she should just be a stage hazard/non-intractable cameo in the much needed Mario Galaxy level

Bowser Jr. Make him an Assist Trophy or a Bowser's Castle stage hazard.

Dr. Mario should be an alternate costume.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Anyway, yeah. Not seeing the issue here. I'd rather have Falco be an alternate costume for Fox than have him just be another clone again.

There isn't that much of a greater significance between colors and the costume. Having them be skins is perfectly fine. You're acting like their character will be ruined if it happens or something.
Like I said, making distinct characters a skin for someone else just feels cheap. Aesthetic changes like Wario are fine, and what I envision more when we're talking costumes.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I've never used Swapnote for a single damn thing. XD

Though it did introduce Nikki to me, who has a delicious Rule 34 gallery, by the way. She's like Nintendo's Velma.

Probably why there are so many pics with those two together. ¦D

Like I said, making distinct characters a skin for someone else just feels cheap. Aesthetic changes like Wario are fine, and what I envision more when we're talking costumes.
And like I said, I disagree. I don't care about what you envision because I find your ideals boring and lacking in a sense of simple entertainment.

So yeah, we can go back and forth all night or we can just agree to hate each other's opinions. ¦D

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That's completely irrelevant to my question. Answer it.

Besides, I don't even have a Wii U. ¦D
Read what I typed.. "Miiverse morons..."

Miiverse morons =/= people who think differently from me... unless that's your definition of a Miiverse moron, provided we got that thread about moronic posts on Miiverse.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
GEEZ I have a lot to catch up on here. (hasn't been that way for a while now...)

While I try to read what I missed, I must ask- how was Halloween for you all?

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Except when it comes to oil.

Your too kind:
Paper Mario should be nothing more than a trophy figurine. And possibly have a sound track.

Waluigi... Keep him as an Assist Trophy.

If Rosaline bothers you guys as a color swap/alternate costume. Then she should just be a stage hazard/non-intractable cameo in the much needed Mario Galaxy level

Bowser Jr. Make him an Assist Trophy or a Bowser's Castle stage hazard.

Dr. Mario hould be an alternate costume.

I'd love to see more characters act as stage hazards. I know for sure Viridi will be one on that Reset Bomb Forest stage. She's going to look glorious.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Read what I typed.. "Miiverse morons..."

Miiverse morons =/= people who think differently from me...
Take out the "Miiverse" part and you'll get my point.

Because, newsflash, not everyone who likes the idea of having skins as alternate costumes is a moron.

For additional context, not all of them post on Miiverse, either. =D

You are just the worst.
I love you, too. ¦3

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Out of curiosity can you even delete friend codes? I got a couple people I want to delete because it's been several months and they haven't added me yet.
Here you go.
I'd love to see more characters act as stage hazards. I know for sure Viridi will be one on that Reset Bomb Forest stage. She's going to look glorious.
I wouldn't mind seeing characters cameo in the stages either; similar to Green Hill Zone or Great Bay.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone notice how there are 3 uncovered pokemon (Thought hacking) based on "Energy Creation" and there are 3 locked power plants...

Hmm...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
GEEZ I have a lot to catch up on here. (hasn't been that way for a while now...)

While I try to read what I missed, I must ask- how was Halloween for you all?
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I was supposed to have work tonight, but I was told on my way there to not come in (don't worry, I wasn't looking while the car was in motion). Meanwhile, I didn't have a costume (should look to doing that Gumshoe costume finally) and it rained over here.

It was like another ordinary night.

Yeah like KUMA.
I left you some Halloween candy just now.

Who is this guy?

Huh...

What did he do?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Welp, one month since a character reveal. Anybody wants to place bets whether we get anything tonight?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Host of Gametrailers TV. Game show that is aired really late on Spike. He's a game journalist.
So Nintendo's doing something?

Huh.

Think this means anything?

Welp, one month since a character reveal. Anybody wants to place bets whether we get anything tonight?

Why tonight? Wouldn't Zelda make sense with the new Zelda title coming out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom