• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
There's no new interesting pics besides being teased about that deer being our Pokemon tease, and borderline bout Windy Hill being the Sonic WiiU stage (though we already knew if we watched that Nintendo Direct). The rest are your typical detail improvements.
Got my Shiny Yanma though, and recently a Fennekin.

I knew ppl would hate my safari. Lame Swirlix, which is ironic since shiny Swirlix was my first shiny, found in another safari.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Just found out Wii Sports Club is partially developed by Namco-Bandai. We all know what that means we're getting this Wednesday.

As much as I would love to play as Mii, I doubt Sakurai is going to confirm Mii tomorrow... I don't think Sakurai is going to reveal new newcomers this year... maybe we have to wait till E3 2014 to see any new newcomers. :(

I found it interesting there was a Pacman launch party at Nintendo World. As for the Mii reveal, I wouldn't be surprised. Ever since Pilotwings Resort, I've grown a bit attached to my avatar and always vow to use him in Mario sports titles or any game that has Mii compatibility.

Anyhow, if anyone is getting Wii Sports Club, be sure to send me a PM. I'd love to play bowling with some of you folks :3
Really? Interesting... though Nintendo World hosts launch parties for other third-party games, not just Nintendo games... so Pac-Man isn't really the exception.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I managed to scoop up some FCs all from here last night, and here's who I have and what Pokemon they got me in the Friend Safari:
STRONGEST!: Munna & Espurr ♥
Pit: Swirlix & Snubbull
IsmaR: Panpour & Gyarados ♥
Morbid: Pyroar & Magmar ♥
Jake: Nosepass & Magcargo
Kohl: Ivysaur & Sunkern ♥
Swamp: Fraxure & Shelgon ♥

Any one if the lists with a ♥ are my favorites. I need to unlock that final Pokemon sometime.
Someone in here has Ivysaurs?

I need to get their friend code!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So, I managed to scoop up some FCs all from here last night, and here's who I have and what Pokemon they got me in the Friend Safari:
STRONGEST!: Munna & Espurr ♥
Pit: Swirlix & Snubbull
IsmaR: Panpour & Gyarados ♥
Morbid: Pyroar & Magmar ♥
Jake: Nosepass & Magcargo
Kohl: Ivysaur & Sunkern ♥
Swamp: Fraxure & Shelgon ♥

Any one if the lists with a ♥ are my favorites. I need to unlock that final Pokemon sometime.
Gonna add me? Heard my water-type safari has wild Frogadiers, among other things.

Hey guys, how is your day? I was absent for about a week or two, did I miss anything important?
Outside of the usual pokebusiness, no.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just caught a Modest Mewtwo with 31 special IV's

Edit: ****! While he has 31 IV's in Special attack, attack and Special Defense. And ALL his other IV's are in high 20's

His HP IV's are REALLY low. And I mean REALLY low

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
sounds like an obstacle course is confirmed, reading sakurai's miiverse quote.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I added the main 3DS code to my profile

But my secondary is
4570-9032-9548

My main has Electric types, the hidden being Luxio

the second has Psychic types but hasn't beaten the game yet

D

Deleted member

A friend of mine worries me.

When I did tell her I wanted to trade one of my Caught-Pokerus-Pokémon, she had answered after some researchs that Pokémon which caught it won't be able to be transferred to the Pokémon Bank.

Does somebody has some official informations about that ?
'Cause it would be REALLY dumb if my Pokémon won't be tranferable because of a virus which is not a glitch conceived by Pokémon Company themselves. :c

(@Admiral Pit : Before you ask, I've added your FC. Now I'm waiting your confirmation for mine. ;))

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
A friend of mine worries me.

When I did tell her I wanted to trade one of my Caught-Pokerus-Pokémon, she had answered after some researchs that Pokémon which caught it won't be able to be transferred to the Pokémon Bank.

Does somebody has some official informations about that ?
'Cause it would be REALLY dumb if my Pokémon won't be tranferable because of a virus which is not a glitch conceived by Pokémon Company themselves. :c
I didn't see anything, and I don't know how anyone would know, considering nobody can get the Poke Bank yet.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Done, FSG, and see you got some Pumpkaboo and Shuppet.

Speaking of, I'm in a happy mood, and am having both a Yanma and Fennekin giveaway (almost like it) with bonuses. Here's how it works:

-I may ask for a little something in return, which varies on what I'm looking for.
-Both Yanma and Fennekin will be Modest Nature, but will have different abilities/genders. Most Pokemon will be Modest unless said otherwise.
-I'm no good with IVs and w/e, so please don't ask for perfect ones. Be thankful with what I have.
-Enjoy!

What I'm trading:
-Nearly 2 boxes full of Modest Fennekin. Some males and females have Magician or Blaze as their ability.
-Nearly a box full of Modest Yanma. Some have Compoundeyes and others Speed Boost.
-BONUS! 5 Modest Larvesta with Flame Body
-BONUS! 15 Modest Ralts. 2 have Trace, rest Synchronize. Note 2 are Lv3 by accident

What I'm looking for most:
-Adamant Heracross
-1 Modest Noibat
-Bulletproof Chespin
-Bulbasaur
-Baby Eevee
-Speed Boost Venipede
-Rufflet. Recommend Adamant nature, but Jolly is okay
-Aron
-A female Modest Hourdour. A "Neutral" nature (Hardy, Docile, Serious, Bashful, or Quirky) is acceptable
-Ask about other idea trades

Ready to begin? o:

Morbi

Scavenger
Done, FSG, and see you got some Pumpkaboo and Shuppet.

Speaking of, I'm in a happy mood, and am having both a Yanma and Fennekin giveaway (almost like it) with bonuses. Here's how it works:

-I may ask for a little something in return, which varies on what I'm looking for.
-Both Yanma and Fennekin will be Modest Nature, but will have different abilities/genders. Most Pokemon will be Modest unless said otherwise.
-I'm no good with IVs and w/e, so please don't ask for perfect ones. Be thankful with what I have.
-Enjoy!

What I'm trading:
-Nearly 2 boxes full of Modest Fennekin. Some males and females have Magician or Blaze as their ability.
-Nearly a box full of Modest Yanma. Some have Compoundeyes and others Speed Boost.
-BONUS! 15 Modest Ralts. 2 have Trace, rest Synchronize. Note 2 are Lv3 by accident

-Adamant Heracross
-1 Modest Noibat
-Bulletproof Chespin
-Bulbasaur
-Baby Eevee
-Speed Boost Venipede
-Rufflet. Recommend Adamant nature, but Jolly is okay
-Aron
-A female Modest Hourdour. A "Neutral" nature (Hardy, Docile, Serious, Bashful, or Quirky) is acceptable
-Ask about other idea trades

Ready to begin? o:
You don't know how to check the IVs? Or you just don't feel like grinding for some decent ones?

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I knew ppl would hate my safari. Lame Swirlix, which is ironic since shiny Swirlix was my first shiny, found in another safari.
I don't hate it, swirlix is one of X's exclusives so I find being able to catch it somewhat useful.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You don't know how to check the IVs? Or you just don't feel like grinding for some decent ones?
I know how, but I just can't do perfect ones, or am still a novice. Besides, I'm not aiming to have perfect, just good enough.
And thanks Gibdo. D: I needed that spirit.

Morbi

Scavenger
I know how, but I just can't do perfect ones, or am still a novice. Besides, I'm not aiming to have perfect, just good enough.
And thanks Gibdo. D: I needed that spirit.
I am the same way, as long as it has 25 or above in all relevant stats. I was soft resetting for a Suicune, I finally found one that was in the "relatively superior" category; however, it was because his attack stat only had 3 IVs. The rest of his stats were 25 and above except for Hp which was 23. I just decided to role with it because it had near perfect defense and special defense (30s).

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I am the same way, as long as it has 25 or above in all relevant stats. I was soft resetting for a Suicune, I finally found one that was in the "relatively superior" category; however, it was because his attack stat only had 3 IVs. The rest of his stats were 25 and above except for Hp which was 23. I just decided to role with it because it had near perfect defense and special defense (30s).
Actually I don't understand IVs much, besides just seeing when will the guy say "Superior" in his judging. Average and Above average is okay to me.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Anyone playing AA5 now? I've got the money, just not enough space... so I'm getting a new SD card latter this week.

Morbi

Scavenger
Actually I don't understand IVs much, besides just seeing when will the guy say "Superior" in his judging. Average and Above average is okay to me.
Decent is horrendous though! That only means that the Pokemon has 0-90 IVs spread across 6 stats. I mean above average is okay for an in-game team, especially if the stats are where they need to be. I go for "Superior" most of the time, mostly because I have never run into an "Outstanding" before. At that point, it is almost over-kill. I guess serious competetive players would grind it out anyways. You also have to take nature into account. I would rather have a "Superior" Pokemon with the proper nature than an "Outstanding" Pokemon with a detrimental nature.

IVs are just additional stat points, you can have up to 31 in each category. So a Pokemon EV trained with a beneficial nature will always be weaker than the same Pokemon with better IVs. Just some innate differences between each Pokemon. It isn't really that big of a deal. Each IV equates to one stat point. So 31 IVs in attack would equal 31 additional attack stat points.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
In my opinion, IVs are mainly for competitive battling. In game, it's useful for increasing your odds of winning consecutively in the Battle Mansion, etc.

Speaking of IVs, I caught a Gyarados with max attack and speed. Once again, thank you IsmaR.

Does anyone here have a friend Safari with Pikachu? I'm trying to obtain a Lightning Rod Pikachu.

Morbi

Scavenger
In my opinion, IVs are mainly for competitive battling. In game, it's useful for increasing your odds of winning consecutively in the Battle Mansion, etc.

Speaking of IVs, I caught a Gyarados with max attack and speed. Once again, thank you IsmaR.

Does anyone here have a friend Safari with Pikachu? I'm trying to obtain a Lightning Rod Pikachu.
If it has good IVs in the other categories, I would be willing to trade a Shiny Grumpig for it.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422

Basically it means the sum of your IVs from 0-31 in all stats will fall between a given range.
Average: 0-90
Above Average: 91-120
Superior: 121-150
Outstanding: 151-186

He'll tell you what the highest stat(s) for your Pokemon is and if 'it can't be beat' then it means it has a 31 in that particular stat. And if you want to get complicated with breeding and passing down IVs you can have one parent hold an Everstone to lock the baby to a certain nature and give the other parent a Destiny Knot (I believe now it passes 5 random IVs between both parents).

Also if you still need a Bulbasaur let me know, I have several with both Overgrow and Chlorophyll.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Anyone playing AA5 now? I've got the money, just not enough space... so I'm getting a new SD card latter this week.
Yup. My first Ace Attorney game. So far I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm on Case 2 Day 2 right now. There's a guy who looks like the Joker lol

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I've never really, tried to understand IVs. I don't play that competitively, so EVs, moveset, abilities, and items is all I really do. Only time I really care about nature is when it has something detrimental to what I need, or just the Pokemon itself. I kinda like it that way, because I like seeing what I can do with the Pokemon I catch, and not much else. I'm also just that not dedicated in battling, I'd see myself leaning toward trying to catch'em all.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I suppose I'll have a look at the destiny knot thing since I don't have interest in em.
In the meantime, you may pick a Yanma or Fennekin.

Also I believe I have a friend who has a safari with Pika. I can't guarantee the nature you want, so specifics, specifics.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I haven't bought anything for 4 gyms. Now that I go to the store to stock up before the Elite 4, I have 1,000,000 pokedollars!

D

Deleted member

Clicked it once. Clicked it twice. Clicked it three times. Come at me.

Seriously, am I the only person who absolutely loves Lavender Town's theme? o_o'
I kind of like it too, a bit overrated though .

Even if I must admit that I did turn off the volume of my Game Boy when I went through Lavender Town when I was younger..

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

What I'm trading:

-1 Modest Noibat
-Bulbasaur
-Baby Eevee
-Speed Boost Venipede

Ready to begin? o:
I've got a few baby Eevees, I can breed another Bulbasaur, and I can see if I can aquire a modest Noibat. I actually just hatched a female Venipede with Speed Boost, but that one's mine, been wanting Scolipede for another team (I really need a way to level Pokemon quickly post game...).

If any of those are good, I could use a female Fennekin, a Yanma, and a Larvesta. I need to get Pokemon to complete my Pokedex as much as possible, I plan on having my PC filled with one of each Pokemon at some point eventually. Starting with the Kalos dex and what I can of the Kanto dex.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I've got a few baby Eevees, I can breed another Bulbasaur, and I can see if I can aquire a modest Noibat. I actually just hatched a female Venipede with Speed Boost, but that one's mine, been wanting Scolipede for another team (I really need a way to level Pokemon quickly post game...).

If any of those are good, I could use a female Fennekin, a Yanma, and a Larvesta. I need to get Pokemon to complete my Pokedex as much as possible, I plan on having my PC filled with one of each Pokemon at some point eventually. Starting with the Kalos dex and what I can of the Kanto dex.

From the Fennekin, you may choose
-Male or female
-Blaze or Magician ability

From the Yanma, you may choose
-Male or female
-Compoundeyes or Speed Boost ability

Larvesta male or female pretty much. All have Flame Body, good for hatching eggs.

So what will I get for each of the 3? I know I probably want an Eevee and Bulbasaur. The last one is up to you.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
From the Fennekin, you may choose
-female
-Magician

From the Yanma, you may choose
-female
-Compoundeyes

Larvesta
-female

So what will I get for each of the 3? I know I probably want an Eevee and Bulbasaur. The last one is up to you.
Edited quote for how I want the Pokemon.

I'll have an Eevee ready, I'll probably take Larvesta first, as I'll need to breed a Bulbasaur and hatch it quickly. The last one'll be Noibat, I'll go out and catch a few until I get a Modest one. If you have any other Pokemon to trade, they don't have to be anything special, I'm game for that too. If you have Y version, I need some exclusives from it, I can nab a few X exclusives in return.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Edited quote for how I want the Pokemon.

I'll have an Eevee ready, I'll probably take Larvesta first, as I'll need to breed a Bulbasaur and hatch it quickly. The last one'll be Noibat, I'll go out and catch a few until I get a Modest one. If you have any other Pokemon to trade, they don't have to be anything special, I'm game for that too. If you have Y version, I need some exclusives from it, I can nab a few X exclusives in return.

Excellent. Having a Modest Synchronize Pokemon will help find Modest easier. And yes I do have Y version. One exclusive is Electrike to your Houndour.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just swept the champion with aegislash

Hawlucha had nothing that could hit me except a not very effective attack so I sword danced twice. Took the whole team in just 1 hit each

Morbi

Scavenger
I just swept the champion with aegislash

Hawlucha had nothing that could hit me except a not very effective attack so I sword danced twice. Took the whole team in just 1 hit each
You should have went for the 3rd Swords Dance just for ****s and giggles. I always wanted to troll someone on PBR, set up a Double Battle and use 6 double teams and have my other Pokemon set up some Flash/Smokescreen or something. Just for some laughs. Maybe a Darkrai so that I can start the battle with Dark Void and safely set up. I am not that evil though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom