• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
It pains me to know that we'll most likely never have a playable Hawlucha in Smash, the guy was basically made for Smash(and Mucha Lucha)

FLYING PRESS

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
At times like this, I'm starting to like Super Smash Bros. Crusade more than Super Smash Flash 2 in terms of having better representation and HD goodness despite the dated graphics/sprites.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hawlucha being Fighting/Flying plus Togetic and Togekiss being retconned to Fairy/Flying makes it so that Flying has been combined with every type.

I think Water is the other type that has been combined with every type too, with the officially unrevealed Volcanion being Fire/Water and Marill and Azumarill's type change to Water/Fairy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why isn't my sliggoo not evolving?

I'm using rain dance before he levels up

Does it literally need to be raining outside the battle?

Edit: It does...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Hawlucha's like one of the best designed Pokemon we've had in forever.
...Seriously? I find it rather bland and boring, honestly. o_o

Everyone else seems to agree with you, though, so to each his own. o.o

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Why isn't my sliggoo not evolving?

I'm using rain dance before he levels up

Does it literally need to be raining outside the battle?

Edit: It does...
I still think that holding the 3DS upside down is the best evolution method yet. The Inkay line is great.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I still think that holding the 3DS upside down is the best evolution method yet. The Inkay line is great.
Dat Superpower with Contrary. :shades:

I was checking other sites and LOL at people complaining Game Freak is losing creativity in designing Pokémon like Klefki, Vanillite or Garbodor, because they are based on objects and Gen I only had natural creatures. Has nostalgia blinded those people so much they forgot about Magneton and Voltorb, who are based on objects too?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
...Seriously? I find it rather bland and boring, honestly. o_o

Everyone else seems to agree with you, though, so to each his own. o.o
Of course everyone agrees with me. My opinions and ideas are all very Strong. It's been said that a Single one of my ideas can lift at LEAST 720 kilos.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Felt the need to fix that, Gooey is the best evolution line in Pokemon, even better than the gen wunners. :troll:

One of my friends named their Sligoo Swagoo and I actually can't stop calling it that.

Also, if you ask me, Klefki is fine. I think the real offender in terms of design this Gen is Gourgeist (although that doesn't mean it isn't a good Pokemon).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Of course everyone agrees with me. My opinions and ideas are all very Strong. It's been said that a Single one of my ideas can lift at LEAST 720 kilos.
I only agree with you because you're the only person in this whole forum that looks good in a maid outfit.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
One of my friends named their Sligoo Swagoo and I actually can't stop calling it that.

Also, if you ask me, Klefki is fine. I think the real offender in terms of design this Gen is Gourgeist (although that doesn't mean it isn't a good Pokemon).
No. Not Gourgeist. IMO, the real offender is Carbink.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Battle report of Bold Goodra with Gooey running Flamethrower, Toxic, Infestation, Protect... It's a ****ing godsend, at least for the short amount of time I've had it, Mega Kangaskhan loses out more so than most Pokemon since he's forced to hit twice, therefore he loses two stages of speed each time. It will be incredibly interesting if Goodra can learn Recover or Giga Drain...

It's been a great feeling getting part of my Sunny Day team back in 6th gen, so far I have Ninetails with Drought and Venasaur with Chlorophyll and they've done very well despite Venasaur's lack of Hidden Power Fire (Btw, if anyone needs Gooey Goomy, Drought Vulpix, or Chlorophyll Bulbasaur let me know, I have quite a few sitting around after today's breeding session).

I did have one unfortunate battle where a Japanese outplayed me on one prediction that won him the game. My Mega Venasaur vs his Blaziken, I figure I would die to Flare Blitz so I went straight for Earthquake but he goes for Swords Dance and barely survives, after which he proceeds to Baton Pass both Swords Dance and one Speed Boost to his Garchomp and Mega Evolves immediately after, needless to say the rest of the game ended quickly...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I dunno about you guys.

But I think Trevenent is pretty badass!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I dunno about you guys.

But I think Trevenent is pretty badass!
I like all Ghost types of this generation.

And yes, Trevenant is pretty badass. It's among the most badass Ghost types alongside Golurk and Gengar.

I happen to like Gourgeist too, because I always wished for a Jack-o'-Lantern Pokémon. And let's not get started on the awesomeness that is the Honedge line... :awesome:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Gourgeist looks kind of odd, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I like it neverthelesss.

And Trevenant is pure awesome. (Phantump is pretty cool too)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Not sure I'll ever understand why GameFreak made Mega Gyarados a water/dark while having Bite be the only good dark-type move for it to have (since Dark Pulse is special, and Gyarados's sp attack is lackluster). Do like though how the ability of its megaform makes it able to hit Pokemon with levitate with ground moves like Earthquake. :3

Could've prolly used some better physical water attacks as well besides Waterfall and Aqua Tail.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm looking for a personal double battle to show off my team. Rules being Pokemon Restriction to Lv50. I recommend to avoid using legendaries. One thing I hate is Legendary spammers.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm looking for a personal double battle to show off my team. Rules being Pokemon Restriction to Lv50. I recommend to avoid using legendaries. One thing I hate is Legendary spammers.
I'm game, I'm not sure my current team is up to snuff since I'm still training them, though.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Gourgeist looks kind of odd, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I like it neverthelesss.

And Trevenant is pure awesome. (Phantump is pretty cool too)

Gourgiest looked somewhat familiar to me, and when coming across its Global Link art, it came to me:

Gourgiest looks like something that would come from Adventure Time. (sorta has Marceline's face)

Also, its cry was oddly hilarious the first time I heard it.
The best way I can describe it is that it sounds like this whiny, muttering girl combined with blowing wind.

Have some VGBootCamp footage of Neo playing as Roy and JCaesar playing as Mewtwo in Project M.

Roy is confirmed for pretty.
Thany (the one who helped with Roy's modeling and moveset) is a total fangirl for Roy, so it's not surprising. XD
I also remember seeing the name Thany as the name of a character in FE6, but I'm not sure if it's real.

And that's a Xenoblade track playing during the first match, right? It sounds like something from Xenoblade.

-----

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422

I don't want to relate Volcanion to anything related to Ruby and Sapphire but that Fire and Water duo type makes it difficult to not make a correlation however small it may be. I would like to think they have other areas planned for us to explore such as the Power Plant/ other regionsbut I suppose either they're working on it or the time isn't right to reveal said expansions.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm game, I'm not sure my current team is up to snuff since I'm still training them, though.

It's up to you.

And yea Ismar, still don't trust you. I MIGHT have a shed of interest as I see more niceness to make up for when you were messing with me whether you were playing or not, during the time you had that Phosphora avy a few months ago. Yea, I didn't forget.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I cant tell who's who as far as names, so you can send me challenge when ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom