• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Can Sakurai please give us something legit tonight?

This place has been duller than dishwater since Sonic's reveal.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I finally have my lion cut, pink, Furfrou that I wanted!

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
This one does alright. I'm not sure what it is about the dev teams over at smash but they do a mighty fine job at making Peach look sophisticated.

Meanwhile the official artwork gives her this odd narrowing sight-line.
No offense to those with the condition, but down syndrome recipients come to mind.
Hur Hur Hur i needs help murio ive buun kitneap bye buzzer

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just got a Japanese Froakie

I'm masuda methoding all over that

Edit: I just got an Australian Charmander!

Edit Edit: WTF? His ability is Solar Power

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Solar Power is its hidden ability. Try to explore what other hidden abilities Pokemon have, some being better than others.
Heh, I should tell you a bit bout a dream I had last night. It's interesting. o:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Solar Power is its hidden ability. Try to explore what other hidden abilities Pokemon have, some being better than others.
I knew about hidden abilities, I just didn't realize Charmander's was Solar Power. It kind of surprised me

Also, I just got a protean froakie through wonder trade!

Hopefully males can pass abilities

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm kinda so-so on this one, but I can be patient for more goodies to come on later dates. I rather look at Bowser's car.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just added a friend code of someone who has charmeleon as one of them

It is so weird running into wild charmeleons

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
mmmmm hmmmm! sakurai trolling again for people who expect something on a smash bros pic of the day milestone.

look at it this way... we are mario, sakurai is weegee.
and for the love of all, could you people quoting long quotes please collapse your quotes?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Tune in next week for another exciting game of "Watch the Smash fanbase hype up Fridays for no apparent reason."

Alternatively "Guess the polar opposite of what is going to be revealed."

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think people are starting to say that Sakurai is a troll whenever he does something they don't like...

D

Deleted member

So...

In the college I'm frequenting, I have a buddy who is also a Nintendo fan, likes Metroid and considers Zelda to be the best franchise evah (another one -_-...).

He also tells me that he's very interested to play Pokémon X & Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising.
But he says he will not be able to play them, because in 4 words :
"3DS IZ TEH SUK".

To him, the stereoscopic 3D is useless and only exists to hash off the eyes, which I replied it's also to improve the immersion and could be useful in games like Pushmo, without success.

I also replied that the 3DS is still a step up with improved graphisms, better RAM, the addition of the circle pad and the gyroscope, which he replied it's still useless and a simple DS with its processor changed would be sufficient ( -_- ).

He also says that Nintendo is too much concentrated in cash with the different versions of the 3DS available now, in which I'm 50/50 with him, and he also says that Mario Kart and Smash Bros. are nothing less than pure soulless commercial products, only produced to earn even more money.

May you help me by giving as solid as possible arguments in order to convince him that the 3DS is not what he thinks and it is still the improvement to the DS just like the SNES was to the NES, the Game Boy Advance was to the original Game Boy and the PS4 will be to the PS3 ?

And also to convince him he's not absolutely right about Mario Kart and Smash Bros. ?

Would be very kind of you. :)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So...

In the college I'm frequenting, I have a buddy who is also a Nintendo fan, likes Metroid and considers Zelda to be the best franchise evah (another one -_-...).

He also tells me that he's very interested to play Pokémon X & Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising.
"3DS IZ TEH SUK".

To him, the stereoscopic 3D is useless and only exists to hash off the eyes, which I replied it's also to improve the immersion and could be useful in games like Pushmo, without success.

I also replied that the 3DS is still a step up with improved graphisms, better RAM, the addition of the circle pad and the gyroscope, which he replied it's still useless and a simple DS with its processor changed would be sufficient ( -_- ).

He also says that Nintendo is too much concentrated in cash with the different versions of the 3DS available now, in which I'm 50/50 with him, and he also says that Mario Kart and Smash Bros. are nothing less than pure soulless commercial products, only produced to earn even more money.

May you help me by giving as solid as possible arguments in order to convince him that the 3DS is not what he thinks and it is still the improvement to the DS just like the SNES was to the NES, the Game Boy Advance was to the original Game Boy and the PS4 will be to the PS3 ?

And also to convince him he's not absolutely right about Mario Kart and Smash Bros. ?

If he wants to play Pokémon X/Y or Kid Icarus: Uprising, he should buy the console. It couldn't be more simple.

Second, you can turn off the 3D, so that's a pathetic excuse not to buy a 3DS, which is the best selling console of this generation for a good reason: it has quality games.

The gyroscope is actually used in some games... including Pokémon X/Y! :laugh:

Nintendo making several versions of the same console is nothing new. Even the other companies do it.

Mario Kart and Smash Bros.? Soulless commercial products? Gee, if that's true, I wonder what Call of Duty is... :rolleyes:

Anyway, the main argument to get a 3DS is it having games! QUALITY GAMES are what make consoles sell. Pokémon X/Y, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Monster Hunter 3, Shin Megami Tensei IV are just some of the good games you can find for the 3DS, having been critically acclaimed and positively received by the players.

If he doesn't want the 3DS because of its processor, he doesn't know jack squat about consoles. It doesn't matter if a console has graphics or something about its technology, what it matters are the games.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'd say you covered all your bases. You got a lot of evidence to support your claims about the 3DS being a step up from the other models, empirically-speaking. Another thing you might want to bring up is the friggin' sweet library of games that the 3DS has, and how it's only growing and getting better all the time (eShop, first party, third party, etc). Not to mention that you still have all of those other great titles for the regular DS that you can play, as well.

(Though I personally disagree with your sentiment about the stereoscopic 3D. I think it is a gimmick, but I digress.)

Smash and Mario Kart are soulless commercial products? Eight ball's a little fuzzy there. Mind shaking your friend up a little more for me? Like, grab him by the ****ing face and rattle his skull around a few times? Maybe some of the ideas are a little staid, perhaps a little too safe in their execution, but Nintendo has proven time and again that you don't have to reinvent the wheel to make great video games. You just polish what you have to a spit-shine and gradually introduce nuanced innovations here and there (mostly the ones attributed to the platform you're playing it on, like motion controls for the Wii and the gyroscopic tilt of the 3DS).

Smooth Criminal

3DS is rolling. Sure it had a bad start but damn, it's doing great so far.

Hopefully, the Wii U will go the same way.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This one does alright. I'm not sure what it is about the dev teams over at smash but they do a mighty fine job at making Peach look sophisticated.

No offense to those with the condition, but down syndrome recipients come to mind.
To be fair, it would explain how she always gets kidnapped every single time Mario and Toad take their eyes off Peach. :troll:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Reminds me of this:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think people are starting to say that Sakurai is a troll whenever he does something they don't like...
It's pretty clear that no malice is intended, it's just that people are so hopeful that it shrouds the reality and it causes people to look for a scapegoat.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So...

"3DS IZ TEH SUK".

First, did you use that snes analogy or the gameboy analogy?
Those games are nt just commercial products, they are really fun and the most popular Nintendo games, that's why they are advertised so heavily,
The 3ds and ds are completely different products
Like the wii U and wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom