• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
That's not what I mean. I mean that unlike the rest of the Pokemon characters, Mewtwo 1 may actually be one of a kind instead of just a generic species with anime influences like everybody else.(and of course, movesets taken from the games as well. Or other media. Thunder Jolt didn't originate from the games, that's for sure) At least till a second Mewtwo exists. It's possible there are two even in the games, depending if the Kalos one is the one from Kanto or not.
Actually, if we go by the fact that there's a Mega Mewtwo X and a Mega Mewtwo Y and that both aren't the same Mewtwo from Gen 1...

There's actually THREE Mewtwos now. XD

We've dreamed of creating the world's strongest Pokemon Triad...And we've succeeded... ¦(

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually, if we go by the fact that there's a Mega Mewtwo X and a Mega Mewtwo Y and that both aren't the same Mewtwo from Gen 1...

There's actually THREE Mewtwos now. XD

We've dreamed of creating the world's strongest Pokemon Triad...And we've succeeded... ¦(
Not exactly. Mega Mewtwo Y and X come from the same version of Mewtwo findable in Kalos in the games. You can transfer over the Mewtwonite X and Mewtwonite Y. It's the same one overall. It's like saying there's two Mewtwos in Blue and Red. There isn't, just one.

Mind you, I was speaking of movies. Unless we get a fourth Mewtwo movie with Mega Mewtwo X appearing... there's only two in the Anime-verse, assuming the third Mewtwo movie ties in with the Anime canon, which has yet to be seen.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Not exactly. Mega Mewtwo Y and X come from the same version of Mewtwo findable in Kalos in the games. You can transfer over the Mewtwonite X and Mewtwonite Y. It's the same one overall. It's like saying there's two Mewtwos in Blue and Red. There isn't, just one.

Mind you, I was speaking of movies. Unless we get a fourth Mewtwo movie with Mega Mewtwo X appearing... there's only two in the Anime-verse, assuming the third Mewtwo movie ties in with the Anime canon, which has yet to be seen.
Since when were you under the impression that there WEREN'T two Mewtwo's to begin with?

What if I told you that the two Mewtwo's that become Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y are the Mewtwos from Red and Blue respectively?

The one from Blue being in X and the one from Red being in Y, thus explaining the true reason behind the coloring of the letters with Xerneas and Yvetal being nothing more than distractions...?

And just in case you're really that dense, cause it seems like it from your response to my last comment, I'm joking. ¦D

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Red and Blue, as well as Yellow, are all the same story. Yellow is just a slight edit of it.

So, no, same story, same Mewtwo. :smirk:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
And here I was about to put in the edit "I'd tell you you're full of crap. :awesome:"

I guess I'm too slow.(but that is what she or he said. Take your pick. I don't care either way.)
You sell seashells by the seashore because the other seashells there have to watch as you sell off their brethren and children while they can't do anything but wait for their inevitable forced departure as well. You despicable fiend.

There, that good? ¦D

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You sell seashells by the seashore because the other seashells there have to watch as you sell off their brethren and children while they can't do anything but wait for their inevitable forced departure as well. You despicable fiend.

There, that good? ¦D
I've heard better.

Moving on, I want a new reveal of something notable soon. A stage, a specific item, or a character. Some obvious returning stuff like clash effects aren't really that great. So unless Sonic can use an electric attack, the last update was kind of eh.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I've heard better.

Moving on, I want a new reveal of something notable soon. A stage, a specific item, or a character. Some obvious returning stuff like clash effects aren't really that great. So unless Sonic can use an electric attack, the last update was kind of eh.
I want some music. Am I the only one who would be fine with that?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd actually like to hear some new songs soon as well. I'd much prefer a character or stage though.

Also, the Roster Prediction discussion thread blew up again. In a bigger explosion than usual.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Question: Does Sakurai update the pictures on a character's page every month or something. Because I just checked them, and they seem different, and this isn't the first time I had this feeling.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not necessarily. Brawl's music category just had the songs.
That's the old Dojo. Where he had more than character pages up. Brawl's dojo is also somewhat smaller than Melee's Japanese only dojo. To be fair, the 64 Dojo was kind of small as well.(not called a Dojo, but the English one was tiny)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Question: Does Sakurai update the pictures on a character's page every month or something. Because I just checked them, and they seem different, and this isn't the first time I had this feeling.
...Huh.

I feel like I should say that because we look at them so rarely, they just seem new because we forget which ones are on there. But some... do seem new... THOUGH, I remember there were several characters who didn't have as many pictures as other characters, so maybe they just got FILLED IN? At least... I think? I have no idea. OH WELL *goes to look at them all over again*

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I just looked at Kirby's page. It hasn't been changed since E3.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It's possible there are two even in the games, depending if the Kalos one is the one from Kanto or not.
Why wouldn't it? In recent times, specific Pokemon had movie to game appearances, like for example, the Shiny Dogs and Zoroark. It'd be kinda odd to build a storyline for a character, then give it to an older character. This, of course, is if they're still following what's been done.

I think it's the Kalos Mewtwo because of the theme of Pokemon Village(If you've watched the movie already, you'd know what I mean). That's my opinion.

I just looked at Kirby's page. It hasn't been changed since E3.
After making Meta Knight broken, he wants to make it clear that everyone else matters more.

Maybe. Maybe not. Mmm.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Why wouldn't it? In recent times, specific Pokemon had movie to game appearances, like for example, the Shiny Dogs and Zoroark. It'd be kinda odd to build a storyline for a character, then give it to an older character. This, of course, is if they're still following what's been done.

I think it's the Kalos Mewtwo because of the theme of Pokemon Village(If you've watched the movie already, you'd know what I mean). That's my opinion
As one who never played X/Y, I wouldn't recognize that music from the game. :p

But yeah, that's kind of what I'm saying. Mewtwo 2 is probably just the one from Kalos instead, being a second one. What helps is that this movie might be one of the few that's part of the Anime's continuity, since it doesn't contradict anything.

It's not like two separate Mewtwos couldn't exist. The entirely different voice makes this easier to be possible. The fact the second one didn't recognize Ash at all makes it more blatant. Remember, the first two Mewtwo movies are in direct continuity with the Anime, very specifically so. This one easily can be without any problems, since there's literally nothing so far that makes it impossible. Mewtwo 2 could possibly reappear in the X/Y anime as well. Maybe showing off Mega Mewtwo X. Or Mewtwo 1 could come back as Mega Mewtwo X instead.(the easiest thing for them to do is just show both Mewtwos on screen with separate Mega Evolutions, heh.)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
*tilts head*
Is it wrong that I always think of that military vehicle when I see your name, APC? D:

They're my initials. Won't say too much, besides my first name's Aidan, but I guess that fits my Porky bed mech avi, huh? :troll:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I bet in the Pokemon universe equivalent of the Pirate Bay, you can download Mewtwo's genetic data pretty easily to make your own as long as you have the equipment. I mean, we're talking about a universe where technology that can convert organisms into computer data is entrusted to 10 year olds.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sakurai's reveals has either been during a Direct to promote a game, or on a release date of the game in a series. Having a release date or Direct related to a series that could get in(for instance, the Pokemon direct that happened not that long ago didn't give us anything at all) is not a guarantee either.

On another topic. What if the actual reason Wii Fit Trainer got in was to host the game's brand new tutorial mode?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
On another topic. What if the actual reason Wii Fit Trainer got in was to host the game's brand new tutorial mode?
Peach's Reveal Date: 9/12/13
Super Mario Bros. Virtual Console Wii U Release Date: 9/12/13

So what I said holds 100% true. Until Sonic's reveal, everyone was shown on the same day as a release date of one of the games in their series. But now it's more accurately Directs and Release Dates(Virtual Console counts too, and considering I didn't say "new games", of course I meant any release date, otherwise I would've said otherwise). So far, anyway. We have yet to have a single reveal that doesn't fit into either of those categories for playable characters. Luigi fits both, notably. He was revealed during a Direct and on Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels Virtual Console release date. Nobody else had this privilege of applying for both types of reveals.

As for Wii Fit Trainer, I'd rather Waluigi shows off the Tutorial Mode if he doesn't become playable. Or Toad in the same way. I find both of them funny choices for it.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Peach's face gets creepier and creepier the longer you look at it.

This one does alright. I'm not sure what it is about the dev teams over at smash but they do a mighty fine job at making Peach look sophisticated.

Meanwhile the official artwork gives her this odd narrowing sight-line.
No offense to those with the condition, but down syndrome recipients come to mind.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Quick question for you guys!

You ever have luck with the Matsuda method?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
When exactly does the picture usually update? Because in about 9 1/2 hours I'm going to leave for Chicago.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
No to the question. If I did though, I'd probably be training a shiny Fennekin, Yanma, or Ralts... maybe Larvesta but I gave up on that one fast. I really do want to get a new Yanma though, hopefully it'll have Compoundeyes. Only Shinies I found were from the Safari: Swirlix and Dwebble. ):

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
...The what?

What's that?
From Gen IV onward, if you breed two pokemon from entirely different countries (say America and Japan) the chance of hatching a shiny increases significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom