• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Apparently giving a Mega Evolution for a dozen of already powerful Pokemon is fine, but making Clawitzer viable is TERRIBAD.
It's not that. I just don't like the fact that it learns that particular move. Here's why: 2+ Sp.Attack x Life Orb x Mega Launcher x Rain Dance

You say viable. I say, "****". I was going to use him competitively, too. But the way it looks, he'll be in the Uber tier. Then again, I've been wrong before, but...

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh hey morbid, if I ever get a shiny jigglypuff its yours ya hear? :p
I really appreciate it if that is a legit offer. I am trying to Nature/IV farm a Ditto, so I have a good chance of running into a Shiny Jigglypuff... or something horrible like a Gothirita/Foongus. That would be tragic.

Sure, anyone else is welcome to take my FC just lemme know so i can add yours. GL hope you get the type ya want.
Please add me.

Well guys, I beat the game. I won't post any spoilers, but I do need to add a whole load of people for the safari, I'd really appreciate it if you guys helped out.
I added you, my friend code is in the little slot. Haha.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Nope, only premium members can change their name. Need to ask Virg about the name change, and he'll change it eventually.
That's what I just...Ugh, nevermind. XD;

Anyway, here's a vid making fun of IGN and...someone else's review of Lost World.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I really appreciate it if that is a legit offer. I am trying to Nature/IV farm a Ditto, so I have a good chance of running into a Shiny Jigglypuff... or something horrible like a Gothirita/Foongus. That would be tragic.

Please add me.

I added you, my friend code is in the little slot. Haha.
It is a legit offer i am that nice, btw your mii O_o lol i guess your an oddball like i thought you were :p
wave is too kool to add meh back, lol ok have it your way.

Morbi

Scavenger
It is a legit offer i am that nice, btw your mii O_o lol i guess your an oddball like i thought you were :p
Haha. Thanks man! That is so cool. I also tried to send him a request.

If anyone wants to add me, just tell me. Haha. I need to add a ton of people for the Pokemon Safari. I don't discriminate!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It's not that. I just don't like the fact that it learns that particular move. Here's why: 2+ Sp.Attack x Life Orb x Mega Launcher x Rain Dance

You say viable. I say, "****". I was going to use him competitively, too. But the way it looks, he'll be in the Uber tier. Then again, I've been wrong before, but...
I don't think it's that drastic, Clawitzer suffers from the same problem that Gorebyss kind of has. After a speed boost it's fast (Can reach a maximum of 238, doubled to 476 after a Shell Smash), but it still can be taken down by other Choice Scarf users if they at least have a speed base stat of 95 or higher.

Morbi

Scavenger
Just in case you were wondering, you have the bug type zone. The two Pokemon under your friend code are Combee and Masquerain. You actually got me a female Combee, that is always nice. I always run into the males. I am not sure of the 3rd Pokemon in your Safari. Did you beat the Elite 4? It was blanked out when I checked it out.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This is why I ain't buying any of these reviews.

I've never trusted reviews from websites like IGN and Gamespot to begin with, either the opinions are created from actual hands on experience (the norm) or listening to word-of-mouth from others on forums likes this.
Now now, let's stay calm and happy.

Here, this oughta cheer you up. It's something I'm sure a good majority of Sonic fans can enjoy. :3

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Just in case you were wondering, you have the bug type zone. The two Pokemon under your friend code are Combee and Masquerain. You actually got me a female Combee, that is always nice. I always run into the males. I am not sure of the 3rd Pokemon in your Safari. Did you beat the Elite 4? It was blanked out when I checked it out.
Yes I beat the elite 4 once, and Serena after.

Right now i'm playing some smash, i'll get on and try to get perfect dittos after. nice to know that ya got something ya wanted :p

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I contacted TPC about the "strange souvenir" and this is their response:

Hello Brandon,

Thank you for contacting Pokémon Support.

Our Support Team is not able to provide details on your game related inquiry. It is the intent of the Pokémon creators that questions that have not already been answered within the video games, animated movies, or TV shows be left to the imagination and interpretations of YOU…The Pokémon Fans.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us. Please feel free to reply if you require any further assistance.
Sincerely,
Pokémon Support Team

TPC pls :(

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
How many Shell Smash Pokemon are uber again? Oh right, none.
It's too late at night to be doing this...

Okay, look at his moveset. Look at his max sp.attack. if you can't see him being Uber, than you're on your own.

So, moving on, add my 3DS FC, friendly friends♥ I've already added most of you.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yes I beat the elite 4 once, and Serena after.

Right now i'm playing some smash, i'll get on and try to get perfect dittos after. nice to know that ya got something ya wanted :p
Good to know. I will have to check again to find the 3rd Pokemon. I am praying to any deity that it is Forretress. That is the ONE Pokemon that I NEED for my competitive team. My Sisters garden has a Larvesta and a Magmar. Haha. If you get around to it, can you tell me which Pokemon are in my Safari?

But yeah, that is the first female Combee I have ever run into. I am definitely going to EV it into a grand Vespiquean.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
This is why I ain't buying any of these reviews.

I've never trusted reviews from websites like IGN and Gamespot to begin with, either the opinions are created from actual hands on experience (the norm) or listening to word-of-mouth from others on forums likes this.
Then you have half of the Sonic fanbase going on witch hunts for these reviewers who, despite creating notoriety for their journalist brand with harsh reviews time and time again, do not have to agree with them.

Morbi

Scavenger

Okay, look at his moveset. Look at his max sp.attack. if you can't see him being Uber, than you're on your own.

Do you maybe want to add your good friend Morbid? It will be for our mutual benefit! Please?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Then you have half of the Sonic fanbase going on witch hunts for these reviewers who, despite creating notoriety for their journalist brand with harsh reviews time and time again, do not have to agree with them.
Sonic fans are dumb, what else is new? I ain't getting into that mess, that's for sure. It's just as dumb as the fans complaining about eye color and voice actors.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Good to know. I will have to check again to find the 3rd Pokemon. I am praying to any deity that it is Forretress. That is the ONE Pokemon that I NEED for my competitive team. My Sisters garden has a Larvesta and a Magmar. Haha. If you get around to it, can you tell me which Pokemon are in my Safari?

But yeah, that is the first female Combee I have ever run into. I am definitely going to EV it into a grand Vespiquean.
Deleted for morbid :D

Btw i'm trying to get this team out since forever.... Typloshion, gardevoir (got), samurott, scizor (basically got), pikachu (got), lucario (got).
aura feel free to add me friendly friend.

Morbi

Scavenger
Fire. Female pyroar, i wanted dat mane... grr, and a magmar. Idk what the 3rd one is since the square is blank.

Btw i'm trying to get this team out since forever.... Typloshion, gardevoir (got), samurott, scizor (basically got), pikachu (got), lucario (got).
aura feel free to add me friendly friend.
Dear god! I will never let anyone know how horrible my slot is, that is just atrocious. No one wants them!

Morbi

Scavenger
meh its fine, btw hope the 3rd is forretress gl to ya, i've heard the more you beat the elite the more pokemon appear, is that true?
I am not sure. I already beat them 10-15 times. My 3rd Pokemon isn't showing up. I think it is because I put the setting to not show when I am online. I don't know how to make myself appear online. I think one shows up automatically, another shows up if your friend is online, and the last if you beat the Elite 4.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
He's been god tier for years. I don't know why everyone's just noticing it now.

Mewtwo's always been ubers, yes, but this is the first time since Gen 1 that it is up and away the best Pokemon in the game. 60 more base stats than the Pokemon that is supposedly God is pretty insane.

Also, on the topic of goofy good Pokemon, thanks to Mega Medicham's and Mega Mawhile abilities, the first has 200 base attack and the second has 210 without having to set up, Mega Gyrardos got + 30 attack and both defenses not to mention nulls special abilities and lost its 4x weakness to electric, and... god... you get the idea... a lot of the Mega Pokemon are stupidly good and may end up as a tier of their own.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Omastar gets Shell Smash AND Swift Swim and has only 5 less points in Special Attack base stat, yet it's still awful in OU.

And good coverage doesn't mean squat to a Pokemon that is neither particularly fast nor particularly bulky. Sure, it'll be good running pseudo-STAB moves. But as Hab pointed out, 95+ Scarf Users (in other words, EVERY Scarf user that's worth using) still outspeed it, and after Shell Smash its defenses will be frail enough to be revenge killed fairly easily (unless it's holding a White Herb, in which case it's sacrificing the LO you suggested/won't be as powerful). On top of that, good luck finding situations to get off a successful Shell Smash in the new meta-game full of single-turn monstrosities known as Mega Evos, which are almost guaranteed to break and rebreak the line between standard and Uber repeatedly until someone decides to just ban everything ever altogether.

Mine's under my avi.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I am not sure. I already beat them 10-15 times. My 3rd Pokemon isn't showing up. I think it is because I put the setting to not show when I am online. I don't know how to make myself appear online. I think one shows up automatically, another shows up if your friend is online, and the last if you beat the Elite 4.
It should be your on friend settings, just go to your own card i believe, and thx for the info.

Btw i got like 70+ friends atm, if i come across a forretress first ima gonna give it to ya.

Morbi

Scavenger
Omastar gets Shell Smash AND Swift Swim and has only 5 less points in Special Attack base stat, yet it's still awful in OU.

And good coverage doesn't mean squat to a Pokemon that is neither particularly fast nor particularly bulky. Sure, it'll be good running pseudo-STAB moves. But as Hab pointed out, 95+ Scarf Users (in other words, EVERY Scarf user that's worth using) still outspeed it, and after Shell Smash its defenses will be frail enough to be revenge killed fairly easily (unless it's holding a White Herb, in which case it's sacrificing the LO you suggested/won't be as powerful). On top of that, good luck finding situations to get off a successful Shell Smash in the new meta-game full of single-turn monstrosities known as Mega Evos, which are almost guaranteed to break and rebreak the line between standard and Uber repeatedly until someone decides to just ban everything ever altogether.

Mine's under my avi.
Can you add Jigglypuff as well? I already sent you a request.

It should be your on friend settings, just go to your own card i believe, and thx for the info.
Yes. I finally found it. Haha.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Sonic fans are dumb, what else is new? I ain't getting into that mess, that's for sure. It's just as dumb as the fans complaining about eye color and voice actors.
No matter how you look at it, idiocy from both sides.

People who determine the worth of a game solely on review aggregates are the real ones who doom themselves. Unless something is really just that abyssmal, just pick up the game for a while and see if the complaints are true with you.

Morbi

Scavenger

Btw i got like 70+ friends atm, if i come across a forretress first ima gonna give it to ya.
That is really nice of you. You might be the nicest man on the forums. Jigglypuff is going to cry! I really wanted a Forretress from the Safari because it has 2 guaranteed IVs of 31, or so I have heard.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
OH **** A SHINY MASQUERAIN! must catch... must be morbid's good luck lol

and np lol i like helping people.

Oh man this sucks i got 70+ pkmn on me, so i gotta use these pokeballs carefully >_<

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
F-F-F-FANSERVICE!

Well, now that I look at it, one level really isn't worth it. Glad I didn't ride the hype train into this one. Though a NiGHTS into Dreams crossover is good any day and its quite refreshing to a see these bosses remastered with the new graphics. Oh, and Theme of a Tragic Revenge FTW! (Where the hell is Reala?)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Mewtwo's always been ubers, yes, but this is the first time since Gen 1 that it is up and away the best Pokemon in the game. 60 more base stats than the Pokemon that is supposedly God is pretty insane.

Also, on the topic of goofy good Pokemon, thanks to Mega Medicham's and Mega Mawhile abilities, the first has 200 base attack and the second has 210 without having to set up, Mega Gyrardos got + 30 attack and both defenses not to mention nulls special abilities and lost its 4x weakness to electric, and... god... you get the idea... a lot of the Mega Pokemon are stupidly good and may end up as a tier of their own.
Then again, will Mega Stones even be allowed, competitively speaking?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So basically Mewtwo is the Pokemon X/Y equivalent of Meta Knight in Brawl?
Not necessarily. Only base stat-wise if anything. Normal and attack form Deoxys are still apparently faster than either Mewtwo megaform, and needless to say Attack Deoxys alone easily wrecks Mewtwo Y in the metagame. Don't know about Xtwo though.

Well guys, I beat the game. I won't post any spoilers, but I do need to add a whole load of people for the safari, I'd really appreciate it if you guys helped out.
I'll add you then next time I get on the game if you add me (just got home and stuff). Made a friend code request kind of post similar to yours earlier, but no one bothered to respond.

I guess on that note, if anyone that isn't already added like IsmaR actually did add me earlier please let me know, so I'll know to add you soon.

Morbi

Scavenger
Not necessarily. Only base stat-wise if anything. Normal and attack form Deoxys are still apparently faster than either Mewtwo megaform, and needless to say Attack Deoxys alone easily wrecks Mewtwo Y in the metagame. Don't know about Xtwo though.

I'll add you then next time I get on the game if you add me (just got home and stuff). Made a friend code request kind of post similar to yours earlier, but no one bothered to respond.

I guess on that note, if anyone that isn't already added like IsmaR actually did add me earlier please let me know, so I'll know to add you soon.
You should add me. I will be sure to send you a request. My friend code is in the slot! Haha. Mewtwo Y sweeped the entire Elite 4 at level 70. That is pretty insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom