• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So Sonic Lost World has received poor reviews. IGN gave it a 5.8/10, Gamespot gave it a 5/10, and the aggregate Metacritic score is currently a 62/100. Thoughts?
My thoughts? They have a terrible critic system.

But they might be onto something. It's not like SEGA has been doing well recently anyways. Well, besides Sonic Generations, but even that game has some... "issues" if I may (and I will).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Next week is going to be interesting. The official Nintendo Store is having a Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures launch event next Saturday and there's also supposed to be a major Pokemon announcement too. There are also rumors that Nintendo's planning a special Nintendo Direct either near the end of October or in early November to officially kick off the holiday season. Whether this produces any Smash stuff is questionable but it'll at least give Nintendo fans things to talk about.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So Sonic Lost World has received poor reviews. IGN gave it a 5.8/10, Gamespot gave it a 5/10, and the aggregate Metacritic score is currently a 62/100. Thoughts?

I personally had very high hopes for the game, thinking that it would top even Colors and Generations. I've already seen the game it early Let's Plays on Youtube, and it really does seem lacking. I honestly went from being very excited for this game to just... meh.
From what I hear the Wii U version ranges from Meh to Okay, and the 3DS version being really good.

I can partially vouch for the 3DS version; I played the demo. It's pretty good from what I've played. Wii U idk about.
Next week is going to be interesting. The official Nintendo Store is having a Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures launch event next Saturday and there's also supposed to be a major Pokemon announcement too. There are also rumors that Nintendo's planning a special Nintendo Direct either near the end of October or in early November to officially kick off the holiday season. Whether this produces any Smash stuff is questionable but it'll at least give Nintendo fans things to talk about.
Pac-man or Pokémon character, I just would like to see some interesting stuff. It would be interesting to see how people would react if Pac-man managed to weasel his way into the roster.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I doubt the launch event for Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures mean much, but where are you hearing about a special holiday Nintendo Direct? I know Tsunekazu Ishihara is likely announcing a Pikachu-centered title on the 28th (or a Mega form), but I've heard nothing beyond that.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
From what I hear the Wii U version ranges from Meh to Okay, and the 3DS version being really good.
Good god, this is going to be Sonic Unleashed all over again.

Critics praise the SD versions and pan the HD versions, even though the SD versions are barebone and suffer from awful level balance.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I doubt the launch event for Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures mean much, but where are you hearing about a special holiday Nintendo Direct? I know Tsunekazu Ishihara is likely announcing a Pikachu-centered title on the 28th (or a Mega form), but I've heard nothing beyond that.
Just idle talk around various forums; probably wishful thinking but something at the beginning of November is pretty plausible especially with Nintendo trying to go all out this holiday season.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Good god, this is going to be Sonic Unleashed all over again.

Critics praise the SD versions and pan the HD versions, even though the SD versions are barebone and suffer from awful level balance.
There are a couple people doing playthroughs on Youtube that I've watched. The Wii U version seems to offer a variety of level designs and layouts (i.e constant running levels, snowball levels, red wisp flying levels) The 3DS version seems to be more conservative and consistent in level designs; the majority of the levels are Sonic Generation-3DS-modern-styled levels

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Just idle talk around various forums; probably wishful thinking but something at the beginning of November is pretty plausible especially with Nintendo trying to go all out this holiday season.
We'll probably get something for Super Mario 3D World, A Link Between Worlds and Mario Party: Island Tour; but that's all I'm expecting right now. Our next large E3 will probably come in January when Nintendo will probably highlight the games coming out for that year. Depending upon how the holiday goes will probably determine how desperate Nintendo will be to provide a spark for the new year. I expect we'll get a new Super Smash Bros trailer during that time.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So I need a Mismagius to complete my team, but apparently it's nowhere to be found in either X or Y. I heard somewhere that it can be found in Friend Safaris but I have no idea. Has anyone run across one? I'll trade almost anything for one, though I haven't much to offer.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Congrats dude. I haven't gotten a shiny Aron after 27 boxes of Masuda method. It's been hell for me lol.
Thanks. You know, shiny Pokemon are suppose to be hard to find. That's why my Delphox is awesome: without the Masuda Method- I hatched a Shiny Fennekin after 8 eggs.

That's why I think I should be god for the rest of the week.

Hail the AuraSage, mother****ers. :troll:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sonic Lost World's scores seem to be all over the place.

I wonder...

Is it actually good?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Off topic but Serebii revealed the base stats of all the pokemon in X and Y a few hours ago and the Mega Mewtwos are WTFBBQ broken. Arceus's base stat is 720... meanwhile Mega Mewtwo X and Y are both 780... Mega Mewtwos confirmed for "Where is your god now" tier.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well guys, I beat the game. I won't post any spoilers, but I do need to add a whole load of people for the safari, I'd really appreciate it if you guys helped out.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So, does anyone here remember Chocolate Rain? Tay Zonday and all that?

Weeeeell...

Yeaaaaaah...

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle

The Pokemon announcement could be related to Pokken Fighters. Or whatever Wii U title is in the works.

I'm curious to know if it's related to that souvenir. My theory is that XY has a region locked away that players will be able to travel to. An event there will resurrect Pokemon that have gone extinct during the war in Kalos (which could explain the short amount of Pokemon found).

The backpacker talks about a town, facility and a champion in his region. Some dude think it could be a region based on Rome. And maybe, it has something to due with that video showing Lucario and Blaziken in battle on the streets- possibly an original Pokemon game on Wii U. Nintendo is in an emergency when it comes to Wii U, so I would not be surprised if there is a Wii U Pokemon game in the works- regardless of what Masuda has to say.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Well guys, I beat the game. I won't post any spoilers, but I do need to add a whole load of people for the safari, I'd really appreciate it if you guys helped out.
Sure, anyone else is welcome to take my FC just lemme know so i can add yours. GL hope you get the type ya want.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I guess I need to hurry up and beat this game I can find out what the hell a "Friend Safari" is that you all keep talking about. O_o'

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I guess I need to hurry up and beat this game I can find out what the hell a "Friend Safari" is that you all keep talking about. O_o'
The best damned safari zone in a Pokemon game. Other than a few nitpicks and such. You can get goddamned starters if you're lucky!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Off topic but Serebii revealed the base stats of all the pokemon in X and Y a few hours ago and the Mega Mewtwos are WTFBBQ broken. Arceus's base stat is 720... meanwhile Mega Mewtwo X and Y are both 780... Mega Mewtwos confirmed for "Where is your god now" tier.
He's been god tier for years. I don't know why everyone's just noticing it now.
Mine just evolved not too long ago. Looking forward to making you change your name to AuraRage.~
"Making me"? Ohohoho....

Speaking of name change, I have my new name ready. I just have to ask for it to be switched.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It's like the safari in SS, only better. Hmm since your always at my left pocket might as well add you too :p
Could you send me a cookie while you're at it? I'm starving in here. D:

The best damned safari zone in a Pokemon game. Other than a few nitpicks and such. You can get goddamned starters if you're lucky!
Whoa, awesome. O.o

Speaking of name change, I have my new name ready. I just have to ask for it to be switched.
Wait, you can do that on this forum!? I've been here for ages and never knew that! D:

I want my name changed to Keil Crimson!! ;~;

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Apparently giving a Mega Evolution for a dozen of already powerful Pokemon is fine, but making Clawitzer viable is TERRIBAD.
This. Seriously, they gave Mega Gengar Shadow Tag and 16 more special attack base stat than Mewtwo, made Mega Aggron a pure steel type, gave it the same defensive power as freakin' SHUCKLE and then, on top of all of this, gave it a special ability that reduces super effective moves by 25% and this is what worries you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom