• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The Anime isn't the games. You did forget why, right? The horn was like a lightning rod. The second time this worked was by doing that in Rhydon's mouth of all things. Pikachu's electric attacks barely work against Ground types now.

You have to remember that the Anime and Games aren't the same and don't follow the same rules. Anime logic is just for fun and to make things interesting. A lot of the reasons why Electric attack does nothing to the ground is that it absorbs it. Pokemon not on the ground often are hurt by it in a realistic setting. Not that Pikachu wasn't clearly overpowered, but that doesn't mean Anime should perfectly follow the games. Rule of Drama and such is more interesting.
Yeah, following the game rules would have forced Ash to actually use a different Pokemon besides Pikachu for once and we cannot have that. :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lightning Rod draws in all electric attacks, but ground is still immune to them

That's why Rhydon has the ability
He has that ability because the Anime made use of it, except that it didn't help him become immune to it in the Anime, it's why he lost to PIkachu in the first place. :smirk: Until it hit the games, it was Rhydon's big weakness. Instead of his best strength. But hey, that's because the Anime doesn't follow the games to a T, ignores Immunities quite a lot of the time, and does it because gameplay elements have little impact on the show, just things to make it interesting. You know, stories and all.

Yeah, following the game rules would have forced Ash to actually use a different Pokemon besides Pikachu for once and we cannot have that. :troll:
Exactly. :awesome:

Also, they did circumvent that by giving him Iron Tail later.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm currently watching Pokémon Origin. I'm still halfway through the first episode, but so far, so good.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I am getting sick of these Pokemon discussions. And I start most of them, which is sad.

Someone Pac-Attack, get something going here. :troll:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I agree with K. Rool. But Dixie is fine and I think she will get in.

I do not have high expectations for the King/Kaptain/Baron, but I would be pleasantly shocked if I saw his reveal.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
It would be very interesting if MissingNo or another glitch Pokemon could appear from a pokeball or assist trophy in SSB4 and cause glitch effects that damage opponents, but I doubt Nintendo would add them.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I agree with K. Rool. But Dixie is fine and I think she will get in.
If Sakurai doesn't try to make her a partner for Diddy, which is why she didn't get into Brawl, because he couldn't get that to work. I don't hold hopes for her.

I do not have high expectations for the King/Kaptain/Baron, but I would be pleasantly shocked if I saw his reveal.
If Dixie doesn't work, he'd be easy to get in. Not only is he easier to implement unless Dixie becomes a standalone, but Smash doesn't have enough villains/near villains anyway.

It would be very interesting if MissingNo or another glitch Pokemon could appear from a pokeball or assist trophy in SSB4 and cause glitch effects that damage opponents, but I doubt Nintendo would add them.
Missingno. isn't officially considered a Pokemon, just a glitch. They recognize it as purely a glitch. Which is sad, but true. He's the only one I'd love to remake into a real Pokemon.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Sakurai also didn't think Animal Crossing would work in Smash (at least not Brawl). But here he is in the game.

Also, because Dixie could borrow from Diddy's model, she might be easy to make kinda like with Lucas using Ness as a starting point.

But I do agree that Rool as the flavor and attributes to make a great character. But the villain angle might not be an advantage. Sakurai never really showed a great pattern of including villains.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'd make both Missingno and M' into real Pokemon. :cool:

And geez, with the way MargnetMan defends stealth rock, he may as well be vouching for them to actually buff the move.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Battle Ready.png

Just got back from roleplaying club. Today, we rated each other's custom character in backstory and design. I got my character Gyro here checked and I got an 8/10 backstory, but 3.5/10 in design. So totally off topic, but if anyone here has any ideas towards how I can make Gyro look less bland and more intimidating, throw'em at me, please.

Back on topic, I think Missingno is actually baby Kangaskhan with squirtguns. They had to censor him. :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai also didn't think Animal Crossing would work in Smash (at least not Brawl). But here he is in the game.
That's... not the same thing as what I'm saying. Making a duo character work is different from wanting to do it in the first place. Dixie failed the ability to be programmed correctly. Villager never even got the chance to get into Brawl. He was considered, but nothing was worked on.

Also, because Dixie could borrow from Diddy's model, she might be easy to make kinda like with Lucas using Ness as a starting point.
Only if Sakurai wants her a separate slot, since it's combining them into a single slot that was difficult. It seemed to be like Ice Climbers, except only one was active at the time. Maybe having the other "NPC" do nothing was too hard to program?

But I do agree that Rool as the flavor and attributes to make a great character. But the villain angle might not be an advantage. Sakurai never really showed a great pattern of including villains.
That's why I want K. Rool in before Dixie. I don't think he's likely to do so, but it'd be great. And yeah, that may be attributed to the fact that most playable character and main characters of a game/main mascot happens to be heroes.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just finished watching Pokémon Origin. It was pretty good and quite faithful to the original Red/Blue story. Wish it had more episodes, but I can't really complain.

bobadz

Smash Ace
http://www.geek.com/games/nintendo-...they-flew-someone-out-to-get-it-back-1572709/

I can't stop laughing at this article. It's like Nintendo just went into maximum overdrive Rage.

But I also don't blame them. Nintendo wanted x and y to be released worldwide so that everyone can enjoy it at the same time. I'd be pissed too.
That's nothing compaired to when someone leaked the Black and White Starters in Japan. The guy leaking it was arrested. Also Both the game store, and the leaker are in the wrongl

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The leakers should have kept the secret instead of instigating trouble, but it seems common sense is all but common.

bobadz

Smash Ace
The leakers should have kept the secret instead of instigating trouble, but it seems common sense is all but common.
Indeed. He also made the mistake of showing his actual face online.

The store is also at fault because it presumably goes against a contract they sign with publishers, and they should know better then to trust people like this.

Who wants to bet we won't have a world wide release next time because of this?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Who wants to bet we won't have a world wide release next time because of this?
I don't know if they'd do that because of what happened. That would be fingering everyone metaphorically. I think they should reinforce the contracts. That's the best thing they could do without making conflict. Hell, they blamed America for what happened.

Japan, do you even Globe? :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mega Gardevoir doesn't look as bad as people are saying, it just looks like it's wearing a big fancy dress

Almost like a wedding dress

Because she's the fans waifu

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I guess I should at least try to understand competitive Pokémon. Seems like such a hassle
Hassle to practical, all that's required is a pragmatic approach to the fundamentals. When you're up to the task, you know who to contact.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gardevoir was one of my favorite pokemon during gen 3 until I saw all the sexualized images surrounding it

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Uh, SPOILER ALERT!

I'm trying to avoid all Pokémon threads like the plague. In non-Pokémon threads, you could have the decency of using collapse spoiler tags...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Eh... That's fitting enough I suppose. The dress I mean.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Just finished watching Pokémon Origin. It was pretty good and quite faithful to the original Red/Blue story. Wish it had more episodes, but I can't really complain.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind shelling out dough for a DVD/Blu-ray set of this series fleshed out into 20-25 episodes.

@ On Going Discussion: Been noticing a lot of hate towards Pac-man. I'm indifferent to his inclusion, I don't really mind if he makes it in or doesn't.
I'm really interested how this site would react if he does get in though. I'm guessing It's going to be similar to the Ridley Meltown.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm not fond of the idea of Pac-man getting in, but I don't hate the idea either.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of good gifs to use around here if he is announced. :awesome:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Okay, I'm here. Quick, someone shove your Pac-Man theories down my throat so I can get mad as all hell and vomit out pure flaming rage. ¦D

Speaking of flames, I just watched Iron Man 3 since I missed out on it before. Damn good movie.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I wouldn't mind Pacman if he had a nice moveset and a stage like the Pacman game (one of those stages that are conceptually nice but turn out completely terrible.) However the more I think about it the less I want him in.

The Namco rep I really want is Yoshimitsu, but I really doubt those chances.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Okay, I'm here. Quick, someone shove your Pac-Man theories down my throat so I can get mad as all hell and vomit out pure flaming rage. ¦D

Speaking of flames, I just watched Iron Man 3 since I missed out on it before. Damn good movie.
Iron Man 3 was one of the worst movies of the year

What they did to the manderin was horrible, and the movie is cut in this weird almost pretentious style.

The main villain is some one shot from the comics I don't care about

Star Trek 2 wasn't that great either

They horribly messed up on Khan

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The Namco rep I really want is Yoshimitsu, but I really doubt those chances.
He actually could have a chance. He's in two Namco series, is one of the more popular characters despite being someone besides the main character, and can do more than swing a sword. He has very varied gameplay that could work. Plus, since when can a Samurai swing his sword like a Helicopter? :awesome:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Iron Man 3 was one of the worst movies of the year

What they did to the manderin was horrible, and the movie is cut in this weird almost pretentious style.

The main villain is some one shot from the comics I don't care about

Star Trek 2 wasn't that great either

They horribly messed up on Khan
Well, that's your opinion and I completely respect that. :3

But I think you're totally wrong. ¦D

Anyways, as far as a Namco character goes, I want Klonoa.

And that's all I'm gonna say about that. I'll just watch you guys until I see something else I can comment on. XD

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I have yet to watch Iron Man 3...Or Captain America. I'll probably keep an eye out for it on HBO or Starz. I still would love to see Wreck-it-Ralph.

I mean Pac-man does have somethings going for him, like the 2 Mario Kart Arcade games, his Pac-man Vs game for GC.
But like Sakurai has mentioned before, just because Namco is working with him doesn't mean any of their characters are guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom