• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm going to be fully honest: After watching the new Pac-Man cartoon, my desire for his inclusion is at an all time high.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I'm going to be fully honest: After watching the new Pac-Man cartoon, my desire for his inclusion is at an all time high.
I only watched one episode of that (maybe two) and I didn't like it that much. The only reason I actually watched it was because a few days before I read about an 80s Pacman cartoon and I thought that was it so I switched to that to laugh at how bad it'd probably be and then I ended up watching the new cartoon. Maybe I'd like it if I watched more, that has been the case for some shows, but it def didn't hook me in.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Is it really that good? All I remember the theme song being trash. I kinda wish the show was based off of the story in Pac-man World 1 & 2

Who knows we might get a Pac-man reveal tied to the Pac-man TV show game :troll:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'm pretty much indifferent as far as wanting Pac-man, but if he gets in, I'll be pleasantly surprised. I've seen some of the cartoons and stuff too.

Man of Steel made up for the disappointment for me that was Iron Man 3.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
To be honest I don't see why people hate the new design for Pac-man in the new cartoon. It looks fine to me.

I haven't seen either Man of Steel or Iron Man 3 yet.

Though, not too long ago I watched Now You See Me (unrelated to either of the prievously mentioned movies) on DVD, and I think it's underrated, personally.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be honest I don't see why people hate the new design for Pac-man in the new cartoon. It looks fine to me.
He's not even the original Pac-Man anyway. He's Pac-Man's son, as it's fully implied when his parents are Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man in full design. It's shown in a later episode. His regular name is Paccy, and his title is later on "Pac-Man".

So his new design makes sense since he's a different person.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I'm pretty much indifferent as far as wanting Pac-man, but if he gets in, I'll be pleasantly surprised. I've seen some of the cartoons and stuff too.

Man of Steel made up for the disappointment for me that was Iron Man 3.
Iron Man 3 was def better than 2 (although that's not hard to do) but it got ridiculous sometimes. Yes, I understand the new armor is supposed to be able to detach and suit on remotely and etc. That doesn't excuse it from falling apart from the slightest impact when he was previously taking hits from Thor. But, I mean I guess that happens when you build ALL THOSE ARMORS. Like c'mon, there were around 40+. That's ridiculous. To me it felt like more of a movie on Tony Stark than Iron Man, but eh it was still good in that regard. My last comment on Iron Man 3 is how they turned one of Iron Man's greatest villains into a joke.

What I did like though was The Wolverine, and I can't wait for Days of Future Past. (And Guardians of the Galaxy).

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
So, how would you fix ICs chaingrabs? Because if they come back I'd rather have ICs cut, that serious. I have never seen less hype matches then the crap I'm watching for Apex qualifiers for ICs vs MK.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
He's not even the original Pac-Man anyway. He's Pac-Man's son, as it's fully implied when his parents are Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man in full design. It's shown in a later episode. His regular name is Paccy, and his title is later on "Pac-Man".

So his new design makes sense since he's a different person.
Huh, didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

I might try watching this show soon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually like Man of Steel

I thought the destruction was so intensive it was almost comical though

It looks like a Super Man universe I can get into

Just bring in some of super mans villains, some better known ones such as brainiac

I'm guessing with all the destruction to metropolis, Lex Luthor is going to step in to help fix the town and gain popularity/ political support/ etc. and become relevant to the series

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Iron Man 3 was def better than 2 (although that's not hard to do) but it got ridiculous sometimes. Yes, I understand the new armor is supposed to be able to detach and suit on remotely and etc. That doesn't excuse it from falling apart from the slightest impact when he was previously taking hits from Thor. But, I mean I guess that happens when you build ALL THOSE ARMORS. Like c'mon, there were around 40+. That's ridiculous. To me it felt like more of a movie on Tony Stark than Iron Man, but eh it was still good in that regard. My last comment on Iron Man 3 is how they turned one of Iron Man's greatest villains into a joke.

What I did like though was The Wolverine, and I can't wait for Days of Future Past. (And Guardians of the Galaxy).
Pretty much agree on Iron Man 3 and don't have too much to add to that. Definitely still had its redeeming features for me, despite being a disappointment.

The Wolverine I felt was... average at best. 100 times better than X-Men Origins Wolverine, though that's not saying much. Fox still hasn't really written Wolverine properly in a movie, which is a shame because I like Hugh Jackman as an actor. They need to take notes on how the other Marvel movies are done or something, because even on day 1, The Wolverine's sales were pretty underwhelming for a comic book film. Am looking forward to Days of Future Past though. I think the credits scene leading to that was people's most exciting reactions during the movie. The film itself was meh, regarding how they executed the Silver Samurai and everything, and don't get me started on Jean Grey's pointless appearances.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So, how would you fix ICs chaingrabs? Because if they come back I'd rather have ICs cut, that serious. I have never seen less hype matches then the crap I'm watching for Apex qualifiers for ICs vs MK.
They can either make it so that only Popo (Or the lead Climber if you decide to change climbers) can grab; and once the lead Climber manages to grab, the other Climber is incorporated into the grabbing state instead of just being in an idle/neutral state as the other one is grabbing the foe.

Let's say Popo would only hold the opponent while Nana would do the pummeling, that way they act as one, and their throws will incorporate both of them as one just like their specials incorporate both of them.

Idk if I'm conveying the idea clearly... haha

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Actually it is pretty hype believe it or not. When I was at SIEGE we got hype about IC chaingrabs. We would shout "EH!" with each throw. It's only hype if the IC's are having a hard time landing the grab because then when they land it everyone is like "OH ****". Or at one of the various WABA tournies we got hyped to see a DDD time out ICs. Oh god, we were standing on chairs, people were counting down, others were screaming. I did feel bad for the ladies that were serving us food, they had no idea what was going on and why everyone was acting primal.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I actually like Man of Steel

I thought the destruction was so intensive it was almost comical though
That was pretty much my only gripe with Man of Steel. The climax felt more like a disaster movie than an actual superhero flick. But those fight scenes..? ****ing orgasmic. Best portrayal of super-powered awesomeness I've seen in a loooooong time. The sense of speed and power was perfect.

Oh, and Iron Man 3 was barely worth the price of admission, even as just another movie. It was boring and shoddily paced. Both of the villains were hamfisted, not just you-know-who (I'm not even that big of a fan of Iron Man to start with and even I seethed). The after-credits bro time between Banner and Stark was probably the best part of that whole film, along with Robert Downey Jr. being...well, Robert Downey Jr. as Tony ****ing Stark. I'm hoping he continues to reprise the role, 'cause it's going to be damn hard to find a replacement for him.

I'm not even remotely interested in seeing The Wolverine. Fox can't seem to make a proper X-Men film, let alone these terrible offshoots featuring Wolverine as the main character. I can usually respect reboots and alternate takes on a franchise, but the original trilogy was ass-tier (especially the third movie). I'll wait until the franchise is in the hands of a director/studio that knows what the hell they're doing.

Also, Mr. Universe, I'd like to point out that Thor pulls his punches. A lot. It's not like he was out to kill when he and Iron Man scrapped in The Avengers movie. He does that a lot in the comics. If he didn't, well, he'd probably kill pretty much 99.9% of the Marvel Universe in one hit.

Smooth Criminal

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He thought our poor Megaman did not have potential without boss robot powers, which he thought would not be in Megaman's character. Read posts and see little swampy.
That doesn't actually mean he was against Mega man....

Just worried about his potential.

Read your own posts and quotes licky.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If Kuma was anti-Mega, I'm sure you could post where this happened. I did see some anti-Pac, but that was not that long ago. And that was just a funny joke anyway. Whether Pac-Man gets in or not is no skin off of many of our backs. Some just want to see less "obvious" choices. So far, every single one of the Third Party choices has some oddity to them. Capcom and Nintendo had a falling out due to the some Resident Evil 4 fiasco(this didn't seem to affect anything, but them being on good terms, well...), Sega and Nintendo used be directly rivals. Snake was known for being a Playstation Icon. Exactly what makes Pac-Man like those? Nothing. He seems too easy to throw in, but why not use someone who would cause heads to turn. I find that far more interesting. Pac-Man isn't going to necessarily sell the game, and he doesn't provide a very unique moveset, nor is there a lot of want for him for moveset potential, it's just the fact that he's well known that makes him seem like he should get in. I'd say that's hardly enough. Namco-Bandai has more series with characters who have larger movesets and better things to implement.

Pac-Man = Arcade Gaming Icon
Everybody Else = Does something related to Console/Handheld games and have more variety

I only like Pac-Man solely as an icon, but I don't like him as a playable character. When the only time we've seen him fight is in a silly mech, I see some issues. Can Sakurai really bring a good slew of moves for him to the table? Where as many characters from the other series not only are unique, but have an easily portable moveset too.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why did they introduce a new type in fairy, hyping by saying it can take dragon and is IMMUNE to dragon, making attacks such as outrage dangerous to use...

And then release no powerful fairy pokemon except the legendary who might just be Uber

Sole reason I hoped Goodra was dragon/ fairy - to have a good fairy pokemon

First things first. Since it's my first time....

1) What's the difference between X and Y?

2) Which one should I pick (Be honest)?

3) What should I and shouldn't I do once I play the game?

4) Is competitive pokemon a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom