• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I clicked that link and, while I was reading, this happened to me:

It really sounds like a someone went strolling through deviantart and decided to make a game out of the sonic recolors and stories.

Eggman Jr. LMAO!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
By now, he'd be 22, but it's not like there's a gigantic difference between Sonic 2013 and Sonic 2006.

Oh wait...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Reznor more like PREZnor because you are president now since the government is shut down the position is up for grabs.

We are just having an intense discussion about how Jigglypuff will return. Most people think she will get a new trailer. I don't agree with them. Jigglypuff is bland, she doesn't deserve her own trailer! She is a veteran. Sakurai said only Newcomers... I guess Sonic is a Newcomer. Either way, Jigglypuff sucks!
no
10chars

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ehh, I just don't buy it.

This is a series known for its prolificacy, which now has a severe problem making ANY games due to lack of interest/terrible management/don't know don't care.
The issue is that Capcom is still 4000 different kinds of butthurt about Inafune leaving. The man practically made Capcom with his work on the Megaman and Street Fighter games so, even though they would never admit it, they feel betrayed. Also, it doesn't help that the man continuously and unapologeticly bad mouths the Japanese game industry and even did this when he was the president of Capcom.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, which Mega form of Mewtwo do you prefer?
Aggresive.png

The one that isn't a mega evolution. In my opinion, they both look weird and undazzling. Especially their feet. Y looks like it's growing plumbs on its feet while X's feet are like E.T.'s hands. But if I must appreciate one more than the other, I'd have to say Mega Mewtwo X.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I feel if this is true, the clones will stick around for the rest of the series. Sonic has a hard time of letting go of characters. inb4someonemakesfunofmeforshadow

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Good, they said Sonic '06 was one of the sources of inspiration. Why keep bringing up the game that said it never existed.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
http://wiiudaily.com/2013/10/new-sonic-game-rumor/

Static ...the Hedgehog....
Kill me now. Although a rumor i believe it.
https://twitter.com/itsamike/status/386168383747543040

https://twitter.com/rubyeclipse/status/386168592909086721

Indeed. You can all relax, now.

Oh, and I like all 3 Mewtwos. Like I said before, I wouldn't mind if they became the new "Pokemon Trainer" to where you switch between all three during the match.

I don't really care for having "NotRed" back anyway.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I wouldn't be surprised if Blue Toad becomes a playable Toad in Smash 4.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Comet Observatory?

This game just got five times better.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Man, kinda forgot how much a natural you are at dem doodles Oasis... Nice.

And Galaxy material in Super Mario 3D World? Whelp, guess that confirms my eventual purchase.

Mega Mewtwo Y.

I like Super Buu and Frieza more than I like Cell and Frieza. Not to mention... X Mewtwo is going to be worthless. Mewtwo's Special Attack has always been one of his best stats. Mewtwo Y feels more like Mewtwo. It has a more cognitive look about it. You can tell he is physic as opposed to Mewtwo X which looks like a purple fighting Pokemon (Machoke).
Stat-wise I guess the Y form will feel more like regular Mewtwo due to special attack, but for everything else I feel the X form actually feels more like the Mewtwo I came to know and love... Has that same kind of mature appearance and intimidation factor to it, both of which the Y form took away from. That "armor" the X design sports has a certain Mewtwo appeal to it too, kinda like the armor Mewtwo wore in the first movie. Only thing that'd might make me like Xtwo even more is if it used a spoon some (like classictwo in the manga) for both physical and telekinetic attacks. Might be overkill though I guess since Xtwo's body is already an ultimate weapon in itself.

As someone pointed out to me earlier, X form will no doubt make certain moves that already exists in Mewtwo's arsenal like Psycho Cut even more powerful/uber as well. Bet ya didn't think of that. I wanted to keep psycho cut on Mewtwo when leveling him up because it was so cool to have in concept but knew it wouldn't be worth it since it was only a physical move... D:

Yeah... Unless Xtwo happens to have lower speed than both classictwo and Ytwo or something, I fail to see how it'll be "worthless". Haters gonna hate when it comes to dem fighting types I suppose.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Crazy Hand, stop that.

Let that child alone.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Guess what guys? Looks like 3D World could be seeing some Galaxy action.

Credit, once again, to NeoGAF.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=690941

It's amazing how quickly I've become excited for this game. As long as this furlough still isn't in place, this game might just be a day one buy.
I'm still debating on getting this game. I think- OH MY GOD THE BULLET BILLS ARE CATS TOO!!

...Ahem, but anyways, I think it'll defiantly sell well.

Morbi

Scavenger
Man, kinda forgot how much a natural you are at dem doodles Oasis... Nice.

And Galaxy material in Super Mario 3D World? Whelp, guess that confirms my eventual purchase.

Stat-wise I guess the Y form will feel more like regular Mewtwo due to special attack, but for everything else I feel the X form actually feels more like the Mewtwo I came to know and love... Has that same kind of mature appearance and intimidation factor to it, both of which the Y form took away from. That "armor" the X design sports has a certain Mewtwo appeal to it too, kinda like the armor Mewtwo wore in the first movie. Only thing that'd might make me like Xtwo even more is if it used a spoon some (like classictwo in the manga) for both physical and telekinetic attacks. Might be overkill though I guess since Xtwo's body is already an ultimate weapon in itself.

As someone pointed out to me earlier, X form will no doubt make certain moves that already exists in Mewtwo's arsenal like Psycho Cut even more powerful/uber as well. Bet ya didn't think of that. I wanted to keep psycho cut on Mewtwo when leveling him up because it was so cool to have in concept but knew it wouldn't be worth it since it was only a physical move... D:

Yeah... Unless Xtwo happens to have lower speed than both classictwo and Ytwo or something, I fail to see how it'll be "worthless". Haters gonna hate when it comes to dem fighting types I suppose.
Do you know which Mewtwo feels like the one I know and love? Mewtwo. Haha. I don't need X to remind me of Mewtwo. Mewtwo does that for me.

I thought about Psycho cut (his only good physical move). There is no way I am going to put it on my Mewtwo just because his X form will increase attack. I will stick with Physic. Not to mention Y will surely receive a slight sp.attack bonus anyways. I have to get Pokemon Y. My sister wants Pokemon X. So I don't really have a choice anyways. Haha.

Don't mean to be rude. I am just telling it like it is.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Do you know which Mewtwo feels like the one I know and love? Mewtwo. Haha. I don't need X to remind me of Mewtwo. Mewtwo does that for me.

I thought about Psycho cut (his only good physical move). There is no way I am going to put it on my Mewtwo just because his X form will increase attack. I will stick with Physic. Not to mention Y will surely receive a slight sp.attack bonus anyways. I have to get Pokemon Y. My sister wants Pokemon X. So I don't really have a choice anyways. Haha.

Don't mean to be rude. I am just telling it like it is.
Well I guess in a way Xtwo is still a relief for me, because when Ytwo was first revealed on the Genesect movie posters, I kinda dreaded Mewtwo's future, thinking they would completely ditch Mewtwo's mature and intimidating charisma in favor of going chibi/younger looking from then on. I mean don't get me wrong, Y form Mewtwo is still cool, but just doesn't feel like Mewtwo to me apart from being psychic... That and not making Ytwo part fairy with fairy being a new type introduced was kind of a wasted opportunity, IMO.

Far as stat increases go with the mega forms, guessing Mewtwo's speed will skyrocket with the Y form, while any increase in special attack will be rather marginal in comparison. Fitting, if anything.

Nah, you're good dude. Understand more why you're getting Y version now at least, and I guess your post just made to want to give my take more on the question that was raised, whether people prefer Mewtwo's X or Y form.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm still debating on getting this game. I think- OH MY GOD THE BULLET BILLS ARE CATS TOO!!

...Ahem, but anyways, I think it'll defiantly sell well.
The thing I'm liking about this game is it feels like the old Mario sidescrollers canvased in 3D, which is something none of the other 3D games have really captured, despite how amazing all of them have been. Tack on the fact that I can play with friends, girlfriend, family; it just makes it all the better. Of course NOW the possibility of hidden -- or not so hidden -- Super Mario Galaxy-esque content is just icing on the big, fat three story cake. There aren't many games that my opinion changes on in less than a week's span. Really makes happy Tropical Freeze was delayed, because I won't be torn trying to figure out which game to purchase first.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
With all the gen 1 mega forms I've seen now that one just feels kinda underwhelming.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
In a way though, Mega Gyarados's design execution kinda makes me more excited for a Mega Dragonite if they decided to go through with that after all... All of Lance's Pokemon can go mega far as I'm concerned. :awesome:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Gyrados would have to have feathers then to look more like Quetzalcoatl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom