• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
How long did it take for any of you to download Project M? For me, my laptop says that it's gonna take 4 hours due to my poor hotspot. >.>

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
How long did it take for any of you to download Project M? For me, my laptop says that it's gonna take 4 hours due to my poor hotspot. >.>
It took me around 10 minutes, on crappy-ish internet I may add. I still wish I could get Dolphin to recognize my attempts to customize the CSS screen in base Brawl; Project M will load pretty fine, though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I thought you needed the controller pak to save your game in Quest 64...
Note how I said "play", not "save". I don't need to save on Quest to enjoy it. I really need my own Pokemon to enjoy Stadium.

Anyway, to get back on topic, Brian for Smash For. :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It took me around 10 minutes, on crappy-ish internet I may add. I still wish I could get Dolphin to recognize my attempts to customize the CSS screen in base Brawl; Project M will load pretty fine, though.
Wow, this alone makes me wish we had our Xfinity service back. 23 out of 235 megabits out of 25-ish minutes so far is a good sign that it may take a few hours for me. The suspense is killing me.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Wow, this alone makes me wish we had our Xfinity service back. 23 out of 235 megabits out of 25-ish minutes so far is a good sign that it may take a few hours for me. The suspense is killing me.
What's your download speed atm? It was averaging around 100kb for me, though it'd dip down into the 40's or go up into around the 130's at most.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What's your download speed atm? It was averaging around 100kb for me, though it'd dip down into the 40's or go up into around the 130's at most.
I don't know (the type of laptop I got doesn't tell me the overall speed), but my AdroidAP internet hotspot has been getting weaker lately and I can tell that those AT&T ******** has something to do with it. Oh well, I might as well Brawl for 4 hours to finally unlock a certain Mario related CD before the end of the downloading process.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
4 hours!?

Hm, for me it took a little less than 30 min... though it said ~35 min, I'm pretty sure it was around 25 min. It's weird, I play it on my Wii U, and the game froze twice already. O.o Ah, but it's still pretty fun, albeit I'm having a hard time using the classic controller (I just need to get used to it more...right?)... I might just have to get a GC controller adapter now haha.

But yeah, when paused, you can rotate the camera 360 degrees and zoom in very close/far. I seriously spend more time fiddling around with the pause screen and taking snapshots than playing the game haha.

JUST LOOK HOW FAR YOU CAN ZOOM IN!!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Angered.png

I just got back from chasing my mom's indoor cat with no glasses, darkness and fog. What the ****ity **** is up with all of you?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The truth behind Sonic: Lost World.

[

Alsoooo....Some slight leaks. IN SPANISH! =D

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Pac-Man is Namco's only choice. Period. Anyone arguing against this is out of their mind. There will be no Tales characters, no Tekken characters, no Soul Calibur characters. If Namco gets a character, it WILL be Pac-Man. Not only is he just the obvious choice, but do you honestly think Namco will pass up the chance to put their mascot in a game that has 3 of the most famous mascots in gaming from 3 of the most famous developers in gaming? If they include Snake in Smash 4 then that's 4 of the most famous mascots in gaming from 4 of the most famous developers in gaming. Namco wants Pac-Man to be in this game, if Sakurai wants him as well then it will be 5.

Yes I'm responding to a post 4 pages back without quoting it, but who cares?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Pac-Man is Namco's only choice. Period. Anyone arguing against this is out of their mind. There will be no Tales characters, no Tekken characters, no Soul Calibur characters. If Namco gets a character, it WILL be Pac-Man. Not only is he just the obvious choice, but do you honestly think Namco will pass up the chance to put their mascot in a game that has 3 of the most famous mascots in gaming from 3 of the most famous developers in gaming? If they include Snake in Smash 4 then that's 4 of the most famous mascots in gaming from 4 of the most famous developers in gaming. Namco wants Pac-Man to be in this game, if Sakurai wants him as well then it will be 5.

Dude, shut up. No one here was even talking about Pac-Man at the moment. Go nerdrage and jack off to Pac-Man in the Miiverse thread. He's actually being talked about there.

Also, this here.

Namco wants Pac-Man to be in this game
That was never stated by them in any post, blog or interview anywhere. You definitely made that up on the spot.

Just because you want him so bad that you're gonna rage against anyone that doesn't agree, doesn't mean they think the same. Seriously, calm down already.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

What's happening? I leave the Roster Discussion thread because of Pacman arguments, and now it's infected the Wii U page too?

I'm so scared.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh boy, here we go again. The Pac is back...

I already know this is going to end badly.

What's happening? I leave the Roster Discussion thread because of Pacman arguments, and now it's infected the Wii U page too?

I'm so scared.
Seriously, I posted all the Lost World stuff hoping there'd be at least SOME discussion about it and then suddenly, out of nowhere, is The Pac-Attack all over again.

Oy vey. -_-

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Got a new desktop background and about to watch tonight's Korra.
That's cool. When it comes to TV shows, I've been watching the rest of the misadventures of flapjack series.

Bumping conversations? You must be bored as hell. Lol prepare your anus, folks- it's a Pac attack.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Roster Discussion Thread has become cancerous since TheDivineDeity started posting there.

I tried to argue with him, but now I know he's a lost cause.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Dude, shut up.
No, I can talk about anything Smash related in this thread. If you don't want to talk about Pac-Man then ignore me. Simple.

That was never stated by them in any post, blog or interview anywhere. You definitely made that up on the spot.
Of course they never stated that... I was stating an assumption as a fact because of how confident I am that I'm right. That's how it works. Apparently you missed the part where I said there'd be no Tekken, SC, or Tales characters because I "made up" that as well.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Seriously, I posted all the Lost World stuff hoping there'd be at least SOME discussion about it and then suddenly, out of nowhere, is The Pac-Attack all over again.

Oy vey. -_-
I suppose it's more so the timing then the subject itself that's the problem, it was just flat out uncalled for.

Sonic Lost World does look appealing so far, what I've learn from the videos you posted is that Knuckles is terrible at animal sitting, Zavok has a surprisingly sexy Spanish voice, and Zazz is a spaz.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
No, I can talk about anything Smash related in this thread. If you don't want to talk about Pac-Man then ignore me. Simple.

Of course they never stated that... I was stating an assumption as a fact because of how confident I am that I'm right. That's how it works. Apparently you missed the part where I said there'd be no Tekken, SC, or Tales characters because I "made up" that as well.
Okay, you know what? I'm gonna make this quick and easy for everyone.

Today's picture... was kind of inevitable. I knew we were going to get a picture showing off all three at some point.
Well, they're the trifecta of relevant gaming icons that have actual popular games. For that matter, they fully represent a Company each as well, which all have had a history of really goddamn awesome games. Namco-Bandai has had its selection too, no doubt. But some would argue Tales Of, Tekken, or Soul Calibur is way better than Pac-Man, not to mention they're just as popular and relevant. Meaning that Paccy has to go against 3 different series to compete. That's not including Bandai stuff like Digimon, not that that has done well on the Gaming front, though. Pac-Man has nothing on those 3, and his only relevant games are his old arcade ones. The rest had low popularity and didn't go very far. A lot don't even know of Pac-Man 2 or World as a series. Which says a lot. People can point out other relevant Mario and Sonic games. MegaMan has had a ton of well-received games throughout the ages. Legends, ZX, etc. People are only mad at Capcom for not putting MegaMan into MvC3 and for cancelling Legends 3, but otherwise, MegaMan still had a lot going for him. In the last ten years, that is. Which is far more relevant.
If Pac-Man's other games were popular at all, maybe he could be on their level, but he wasn't even among the first set of Games. Pong came before him and helped start the era. I wouldn't dare to call Pac-Man the father of gaming icons, or gaming in general. He represents Arcade Gaming, but Mario still took it further too. Probably the only decently relevant Pac-Man game, where he's playable in, that had any popularity known, was the Mario Kart GP games, and even then, that's because of being in a Mario game. Not by doing it himself. So his notability isn't on their level regardless, and until Pac-Man releases some actual popular games again that isn't a rehash of his arcade games, he'll never reach their level. He deserves credit for making Arcade games, notable, but that's where it ends.
Pac-Man was the Mario of his era (THE icon of gaming in general), in my opinion he is well deserving of a spot in the new smash.
And he's still one of the best known video game icons to date, better known than Sonic and Megaman.
And besides, the original and Ms. Pac-Man are timeless, I still enjoy them to this day...

If namco had to put one in, it would definitely be pac...
I didn't even know about the existence of the tales games before I joined Smashboards.
Wrong again. He was the icon of arcade gaming. He still is. Regular console and handheld gaming, he's got nothing on. He is a possible character, but his games just don't hold up overall like the others do.
All this is irrelevant, if you read what I actually said. His newer games don't hold up to the other 3's newer games. This is why they're in different leagues. Mario, Sonic, and MegaMan hold up as gaming icons for all time as do their games. Pac-Man only holds up during his Arcade points. Anything that's not Arcade, has fell flat. His only relevant appearance was as a guest and that's it. He himself has no relevant new games. Which the rest do. This is why they are not the same type of icons. Pac-Man does not represent gaming as a whole and never did. He just reps Arcade Gaming very damn well. Mario, Sonic, and MegaMan represent Console Gaming and Mario also represents a lot of Arcade Gaming too. He's the only character who really shows off gaming as a whole. Sonic and MegaMan have games among all the variations, being Console, Handheld, and Arcade(PC too, but that's not Gaming-specific, but they also do that, although Pac-Man and MegaMan don't seem to have any PC-specific stuff like the other two did). Pac-Man really only has Arcade Gaming on his side. People give him credit he just doesn't deserve. When did he make Consoles, PC's, or Handhelds notable? The rest did in some way(save MegaMan at best). He only deserves credit for making the Arcade notable, and that's the end of it.

Gaming as a whole had things like Space Invaders first. Pong came first too. Chess was a video game even beforehand. Paccy does a terrible job of repping gaming as a whole, as he doesn't even have a well-received game on all 4 types of platforms(Arcade, PC, Console, Handheld), or even most of that(PC may be an exception for Mario, but the rest...).

Not really. It could be anyone. Namco-Bandai has a ton of choices. Pac-Man is just one of them. Tales Of is widely received well worldwide and has a ton of games, not just one good one. Tekken and Soul Calibur are the same thing. The only one I could say his games held up better against as a whole is Digimon alone. And that's it. Again, giving him way too much credit that he doesn't deserve.

Personal stuff doesn't really make it a common occurrence. A lot of people know about Tales Of, and Tales of Symphonia is the most popular US Tales Of game known.(at least, last information given. May have changed. This is one of the few localized ones, though, that came off well) Tekken is pretty well known too. Digimon has its moments, but I'd say Pac-Man has the better games as a whole in that case. There's been no really freakin' awesome Digimon games to date, so... Soul Calibur's only bad reputation has been sexism-related for the most part. As well as "Let's make everybody hot, or nearly everybody" type stuff. The gameplay is still popular to this day, and only one game received bad ratings, being Soul Calibur Legends. The rest, not so much.
I'm always surprised to hear that people genuinely like Pac-Man and want him in Smash. Seriously blows my mind every time I read it. Are those folks hoping for the moving pizza or the walking sun that's like Sonic but even worse?
Mega Man joke by somebody else

Come to think of it, Mega Man sets a pretty low standard for relevancy in 3rd parties. Like Snake, but you know, that other kind of relevancy. His games weren't ever too popular even during his prime.
Not really. MegaMan's games were well-liked overall. He's had many different ones that got received fairly well. Pac-Man 2 was very badly received as is. Pac-Man World was popular? I can't even find a damn copy of it anywhere. But it wasn't that notable, as you don't hear many people speaking of anything but the original Arcade stuff. If they speak of Paccy at all. MegaMan, Sonic, and Mario have proven to be extremely popular among the fans, with tons of sites dedicated to each of them. Pac-Man? I can't even name a site dedicated to him at all. Or a freakin' wiki... Like I said, I love the guy, but he doesn't deserve hyper credit here.
Megaman has kept his relevance; it's just that there haven't been any official Megaman games in 3 1/2 years. There's been tons of merchandise and cameos since then. I'd also argue that the run away success of Mighty No. 9 (making over 4 million and becoming the third most funded Kickstarter in the site's history) shows that Megaman is still very much in the hearts and minds of modern gamers.
He's a cool character, doesn't make him good for Smash.

See, this. THIS. This blows my mind into outer ****ing space.

He's had characterization before, is very well known, is pretty popular, as we can tell. What's so hard to believe here?
The main reason he's not my first Namco-Bandai choice is that I think there's characters that have better reasons to be in. Nightmare since he's also a major mascot, but has different kind of sword move potential, and a similar reason for Lloyd Irving from Tales Of. Tekken, I can't think of any specific characters, but we could use a neat Grappler? Digimon themselves are very unique, likewise, Digimon VS Pokemon is actually something fun to bring to the table. I can barely think of a decent moveset for Pac-Man and other than the fact he's well known, there isn't much other reason to put him in. Especially in a Console/Handheld game. He's sweet for an Arcade Fighter, though. Which SSB never really was. Tekken has Arcade-related stuff, same with Street Fighter, so he fits in both of those to a degree. Tekken x Street Fighter plays like an Arcade game, and an Arcade character in there... makes sense, you know?

There. This is the entire argument you were trying to start. It's already been done and settled for you.

Nothing more to see or say here. Go home, folks.

I suppose it's more so the timing then the subject itself that's the problem, it was just flat out uncalled for.

Sonic Lost World does look appealing so far, what I've learn from the videos you posted is that Knuckles is terrible at animal sitting, Zavok has a surprisingly sexy Spanish voice, and Zazz is a spaz.
I'm glad I'm not the only one in love with Zavok's delicious Spanish voice.

I mean, WOW. I wish he sounded more like that in English.

Also, nice to see Amy being able to talk to Sonic without the fangirling we're used to. it's fine in doses, but it doesn't need to be the ONLY think about her character. That's what I like about her Archie self. They toned that down a bit recently and let her actually have a personality and identity.

Morbi

Scavenger
Dude, shut up. No one here was even talking about Pac-Man at the moment. Go nerdrage and jack off to Pac-Man in the Miiverse thread. He's actually being talked about there.

Also, this here.

Just because you want him so bad that you're gonna rage against anyone that doesn't agree, doesn't mean they think the same. Seriously, calm down already.
That was... harsh. I guess Pac-Man really pushes some buttons.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well, now doesn't seem to be a good time to join the discussion.

I've already had my daily dose of Pac-man argument today thanks to the Roster Prediction Discussion thread.

And it was entertaining at some parts, so yeah. No need to come here. Then why did I just post this? Why am I still typing? Who am I?

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
There. This is the entire argument you were trying to start.
I was not trying to start an argument. I was debunking your stupid argument without even using concrete facts simply on the basis that my argument is pure common sense lol. Pac-Man is Namco's only choice in more ways then one. You might as well not even respond.

Better yet, how about you respond down the line when the game comes out and there's no Pac-Man... or even better yet respond when there's no Pac-Man and in his place there is either Jin/Heihachi, Siegfried or Lloyd.

This isn't even an off-handed request, I literally want you to do this. Spam me with messages saying things like "I told you so" or "hahahaha, idiot" and things of that nature.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Who am I?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azGCoPp86jk&t=28s

0:28 - 0:35

This isn't even an off-handed request, I literally want you to do this. Spam me with messages saying things like "I told you so" or "hahahaha, idiot" and things of that nature.
Dude, I'll have already forgotten you even exist by then. Whether Pac-Man makes the game or not. XD

And no, I don't mean that as a condescending statement, I just mean that factually.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

Also, this here.

OOOOOOOOOH SNAP!

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Dude, I'll have already forgotten you even exist by then. Whether Pac-Man makes the game or not. XD

And no, I don't mean that as a condescending statement, I just mean that factually.
I know you don't mean that as a condescending statement... you mean it as an excuse. You speak with such high confidence that you're right about what you say yet you can't even put forth the effort to try to remember someone to boast to when you end up right. I promise you that if (when) Pac-Man is revealed, I will not let you forget who I am.

I suppose it's more like the fans more so then Pac-man himself that is the big problem here.
So the fans are the problem yet the haters aren't? If there are no fans, there are no arguments, at the same time if there are no haters, there are no arguments. The problem is that people have differing opinions about a subject. The same principle applies to most characters. Do we need to start a Ridley argument up in here?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Will you remember me? Like will you send me a congratulatory PM when Jigglypuff is revealed?
Morbid...Shut up. ¦D

It's impossible to forget you since you like about 15 of the posts I make every day. ¦D;

OOOOOOOOOH SNAP!
What. The ****. Was THAT? XD

I know you don't mean that as a condescending statement... you mean it as an excuse. You speak with such high confidence that you're right about what you say yet you can't even put forth the effort to try to remember someone to boast to when you end up right. I promise you that if (when) Pac-Man is revealed, I will not let you forget who I am.
...Excuse me? You're the one boasting that Pac-Man WILL make it in, HAS to make it in while I was stating the fact that none of us were even talking about him at the time and I'm the one making excuses...?

Have you ever thought that maybe I just don't want to childishly boast at someone later over a goddamn video game character? That maybe I'm not so horribly petty about something that REALLY doesn't matter at the end of the day?

I just...No. Just no.

You're Ignored. Bye.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
We've got a new deity here? Just when I brought Tezcatlipoca and Quetzalcoatl into the fray.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I know you don't mean that as a condescending statement... you mean it as an excuse. You speak with such high confidence that you're right about what you say yet you can't even put forth the effort to try to remember someone to boast to when you end up right.
Unless we see a post from Namco about ssb or see him on the site or even maybe a tease pic you should be quiet until then other wise its good your hoping about something but with without concrete proof your just preaching to a empty hall

Morbi

Scavenger

So the fans are the problem yet the haters aren't? If there are no fans, there are no arguments, at the same time if there are no haters, there are no arguments. The problem is that people have differing opinions about a subject. The same principle applies to most characters. Do we need to start a Ridley argument up in here?
No wonder there hasn't been any Jigglypuff arguments in a long time. No haters.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I find this post interesting in light of a page ago.
This is a Social Thread, Capps. We are to be social about whatever topic we decide on at the moment. This does not have to be about Smash all of the time.

If we're gonna talk about Pokemon, then we're gonna talk about Pokemon. It's just like all those times Fire Emblem got brought up. That's how it works.

Get over it or just stay out if it's bothering you that much.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but sometimes it's best to be blunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom