• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I find this post interesting in light of a page ago.
...Not seeing your point here. It matches what I said. -.o

We talk about whatever the main topic is at the time. Guess what wasn't at that time?

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
...Excuse me? You're the one boasting that Pac-Man WILL make it in, HAS to make it in while I was stating the fact that none of us were even talking about him at the time and I'm the one making excuses...?
I didn't say Pac-Man WILL/HAS TO make it in, I said that Pac-Man is the only choice Namco has. Pac-Man may not get in the game, even though there's a small chance of that happening, but he's the only Namco character that will if one does get in. Also, it doesn't matter what the hell anyone was talking about because I wanted to respond to a post that I saw a few pages back that I didn't see before. I have the right to do that.

Have you ever thought that maybe I just don't want to childishly boast at someone later over a goddamn video game character?
You could have fooled me. You definitely childishly talk down to anyone that supports Pac-Man, or else I wouldn't have confronted you specifically. There are many other people who don't want Pac-Man that are more rational than you.

You're Ignored. Bye.
The famous last words.

We talk about whatever the main topic is at the time. Guess what wasn't at that time?
And who is the person that decides what the main topic is? There will always be someone who changes it to something else. If you want to talk about something else than talk about something else. Nobody forced you to talk about Pac-Man.

Morbi

Scavenger
I didn't say Pac-Man WILL/HAS TO make it in, I said that Pac-Man is the only choice Namco has. Pac-Man may not get in the game, even though there's a small chance of that happening, but he's the only Namco character that will if one does get in. Also, it doesn't matter what the hell anyone was talking about because I wanted to respond to a post that I saw a few pages back that I didn't see before. I have the right to do that.

You could have fooled me. You definitely childishly talk down to anyone that supports Pac-Man, or else I wouldn't have confronted you specifically. There are many other people who don't want Pac-Man that are more rational than you.

The famous last words.

And who is the person that decides what the main topic is? There will always be someone who changes it to something else. If you want to talk about something else than talk about something else. Nobody forced you to talk about Pac-Man.
Maybe you should try supporting Jigglypuff. You will not get any **** from supporting her! She is round just like Pac-Man! I know that has its appeal! She is a rolling ball of love!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Maybe you should try supporting Jigglypuff. You will not get any **** from supporting her! She is round just like Pac-Man! I know that has its appeal! She is a rolling ball of love!
You know what? I can't take it. I'm curious now. XD

Morbid, I want to list off every reason as to why you love Jigglypuff. Right here, right now. ¦D

Feel free to list off things you'd like to see for her in Smash 4 aside from her being there. ¦3

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I definitely support good ol Jiggs. Jiggs is the Pokemon that every trainer aspires to catch.

Morbi

Scavenger
You know what? I can't take it. I'm curious now. XD

Morbid, I want to list off every reason as to why you love Jigglypuff. Right here, right now. ¦D

Feel free to list off things you'd like to see for her in Smash 4 aside from her being there. ¦3
1. Jigglypuff is a fine ass *****.
2. Jigglypuff can sing beautiful compositions.
3. Jigglypuff was S tier in Melee.
4. Jigglypuff is a pink balloon (I love pink... and balloons).
5. Jigglypuff was my favorite character in the anime. The marker was funny and always managed to make me laugh.
6. Jigglypuff's design manages to not only be unique, but also simplistic.
7. Jigglypuff's hair is fabulous. You don't see that too often in the world.
8. Jigglypuff is one of my favorite Pokemon.
9. Jigglypuff was my most powerful Pokemon in most of my games.
10. Jigglypuff has a really funny name.
11. Jigglypuff was one of the original 12.
12. I have loved Jigglypuff for 15 years.
13. Jigglypuff is better than Clefairy.
14. Jigglypuff has a baby form and a stone evolution.
15. Jigglypuff is cute.
16. Jigglypuff is the most fun character to play.

That is all I have got. I am sure there are other reasons that I am missing.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
1. Jigglypuff is a fine *** *****.
2. Jigglypuff can sing beautiful compositions.
3. Jigglypuff was S tier in Melee.
4. Jigglypuff is a pink balloon (I love pink... and balloons).
5. Jigglypuff was my favorite character in the anime. The marker was funny and always managed to make me laugh.
6. Jigglypuff's design manages to not only be unique, but also simplistic.
7. Jigglypuff's hair is fabulous. You don't see that too often in the world.
8. Jigglypuff is one of my favorite Pokemon.
9. Jigglypuff was my most powerful Pokemon in most of my games.
10. Jigglypuff has a really funny name.
11. Jigglypuff was one of the original 12.
12. I have loved Jigglypuff for 15 years.
13. Jigglypuff is better than Clefairy.
14. Jigglypuff has a baby form and a stone evolution.
15. Jigglypuff is cute.
16. Jigglypuff is the most fun character to play.

That is all I have got. I am sure there are other reasons that I am missing.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
...Not seeing your point here. It matches what I said. -.o

The point is when that user you responded to a page ago exercised his right to an opinion, you said he should "get over [it] or just stay out." You could have chosen to practice what you preach with rabid Pac supporter. You didn't. You're the one who instigated this little spat when -- as far as I know -- he wasn't even responding to you to begin with.

Let me also remind you that a public forum is a place where people can discuss what they want within the confines of the thread's scope. You don't get to pick and choose the current topic of discussion and lambaste those who may exercise their right to something different; other discussions can co-exist in one thread. And if there is a conversation that is annoying, the best solution is not responding. Threads have a way of naturally cleansing themselves.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Magcargo is too badass to be lowered to the status of a mere baby sitter, Magcargo is a Pokemon that demands power and *******!

Morbi

Scavenger
The point is when that user you responded to a page ago exercised his right to an opinion, you said he should "get over [it] or just stay out." You could have chosen to practice what you preach with rabid Pac supporter. You didn't. You're the one who instigated this little spat when -- as far as I know -- he wasn't even responding to you to begin with.

Let me also remind you that a public forum is a place where people can discuss what they want within the confines of the thread's scope. You don't get to pick and choose the current topic of discussion and lambaste those who may exercise their right to something different; other discussions can co-exist in one thread. And if there is a conversation that is annoying, the best solution is not responding. Threads have a way of naturally cleansing themselves.
However, when a thread wont naturally cleanse itself, you might need to get Jigglypuff detergent.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Magcargo is too badass to be lowered to the status of a mere baby sitter, Magcargo is a Pokemon that demands power and *****es!
Magcargo will always hold a special place in my heart. He was my first, and only, shiny Pokémon I've ever found in a Pokémon game (Platinum). That was such a special run through. I found a Shiny and POKERUS all within a four hour span.
However, when a thread wont naturally cleanse itself, you might need to get Jigglypuff detergent.
Those are what moderators and the "report" button are for.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Ok, that's just bull****, but I'll let you have one thing.

Yes, I could've ignored it. However, the sheer stupidity of the whole thing irritated me too much for me to leave it be because of how absolutely random it was. Especially since while he wasn't talking to me, he wasn't talking to anyone else currently in the thread either and didn't even quote the person he supposed was talking to 4 pages before that. Besides, I wasn't the only person objective to it. Don't try to single me out on this.

But whatever. Guess that's just my problem, but considering the problem is over, why can't you just drop it too?

The whole thing has passed. Let it die already. The Jigglypuff list is more entertaining anyways. XD

And...Can somebody remind me of what a Magcargo is? O_o

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Pac-Man.

Because I can.
Which is actually starting to become not much of a problem in my eyes, at first I thought the idea of Pac-man would be really stupid, but then I realized it wouldn't any more unorthodox then the likes of R.O.B. or Mr. Game & Watch in a sense. Not to mention, I do see him as a more colorful option then some other suggestions thrown around, with arguably his greatest strength being a lack of archetype, which would make him probably one of the more flexible hypothetical newcomers in terms of moveset.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ok, that's just bull****, but I'll let you have one thing.

Yes, I could've ignored it. However, the sheer stupidity of the whole thing irritated me too much for me to leave it be because of how absolutely random it was. Especially since while he wasn't talking to me, he wasn't talking to anyone else currently in the thread either and didn't even quote the person he supposed was talking to 4 pages before that. Besides, I wasn't the only person objective to it. Don't try to single me out on this.

But whatever. Guess that's just my problem, but considering the problem is over, why can't you just drop it too?

The whole thing has passed. Let it die already. The Jigglypuff list is more entertaining anyways. XD

And...Can somebody remind me of what a Macargo is? O_o
If Jigglypuff became a dubstep artist, I suspect her name would be Dr. Jiggles.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
The whole thing has passed. Let it die already.
So guys, if Pac-Man gets in will he be an unlockable? Will any of the 3rd parties be unlockable? And will he be included in the final event along with Mario, Sonic and Mega Man? That'd be awesome. Or if Snake gets in the game to, it could just be the 4 3rd parties without Mario.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
So guys, if Pac-Man gets in will he be an unlockable? Will any of the 3rd parties be unlockable? And will he be included in the final event along with Mario, Sonic and Mega Man? That'd be awesome. Or if Snake gets in the game to, it could just be the 4 3rd parties without Mario.
Obviously yes is they did it for brawl of course 3rd party characters will be unlockable not already unlocked

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Which is actually starting to become not much of a problem in my eyes, at first I thought the idea of Pac-man would be really stupid, but then I realized it wouldn't any more unorthodox then the likes of R.O.B. or Mr. Game & Watch in a sense. Not to mention, I do see him as a more colorful option then some other suggestions thrown around, with arguably his greatest strength being a lack of archetype, which would make him probably one of the more flexible hypothetical newcomers in terms of moveset.
And his greatest weakness is the lack of a moveset that has moves everyone else in the game can't already do. >>

Then again...Sakurai said one of the important parts of characters being put into the game was considering what they could bring to Smash that none of the other characters could. Then he said "lolnvm" added Toon Link. ¦D;

So with that being the biggest thing against him...He's honestly got nothing to worry about. Besides, if there's ANYTHING I can say in favor of Pac-Man, it's this:

Get a picture of Pac-Man, Lloyd Irving, Heihachi or Jin Kazama and Siegfried or Nightmare. Now show that to a bunch of casuals and kids and ask them which one they could see being in Smash Bros, would want to see in it or would like to play as in it.

I'm almost certain that with the kids taking up the majority of the percentage, about 80% of the people would say Pac-Man. Cause they damn sure won't know who the other ones are. So with that all said and done...

...Okay, NOW I can see Pac-Man being a bit more possible. Kids would love him, definitely. - - *nods twice* And kids are very important because kids bring in money, and you all know Ninty's policy:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I just noticed that the new Pac-Man game comes out the same day Sonic Lost World does. What if they chose not to reveal Sonic the day Lost World gets released because they want to reveal Pac-Man that day for his game instead?

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
And his greatest weakness is the lack of a moveset that has moves everyone else in the game can't already do. >>

Then again...Sakurai said one of the important parts of characters being put into the game was considering what they could bring to Smash that none of the other characters could. Then he said "lolnvm" added Toon Link. ¦D;

So with that being the biggest thing against him...He's honestly got nothing to worry about. Besides, if there's ANYTHING I can say in favor of Pac-Man, it's this:

Get a picture of Pac-Man, Lloyd Irving, Heihachi or Jin Kazama and Siegfried or Nightmare. Now show that to a bunch of casuals and kids and ask them which one they could see being in Smash Bros, would want to see in it or would like to play as in it.

I'm almost certain that with the kids taking up the majority of the percentage, about 80% of the people would say Pac-Man. Cause they damn sure won't know who the other ones are. So with that all said and done...

...Okay, NOW I can see Pac-Man being a bit more possible. Kids would love him, definitely. - - *nods twice* And kids are very important because kids bring in money, and you all know Ninty's policy:

what about klonoa?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Should I watch Pokemon Origins, or get a good night sleep before SAT's TOMORROW? Decisions, decisions.... :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:
Do it. The animations pretty.

Seriously though, get some rest man. This shouldn't even be a choice: SAT's come first. The video will more then likely be there after you've completed the exam. Trust me, you'll need a good coping mechanism after it's over.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
And if it's not there, tell me and I'll give it to you. I've had it downloaded for a few days now anyways.

I'll get you set up with the right player and codecs if you don't have all of that situated.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just saw the pumpkins final evolution.

Meh

I'll have Oorotto on my team after all.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I just noticed that the new Pac-Man game comes out the same day Sonic Lost World does. What if they chose not to reveal Sonic the day Lost World gets released because they want to reveal Pac-Man that day for his game instead?
The only problem with that is that it's a 3rd party multiplat. Will Nintendo advertise for a game that's not tied to their system?

Want to know more about Pac-Man? Visit the official website for Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures, which is not a Nintendo exclusive!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Don't know, there is always a moveset that can be made for something like Pac-man.

The first fundamental rule for every character is their design. By typical standards, any character with feet can kick, any character with hands can punch, any character with a weapon like a sword or hammer can swing it around, and so on. Of course, there are many variations with punches and kicks, and basically you need to conform the assets around the design in question. For the argument in question, Pac-man is a character that has a lot of fundamental characteristics with cartoons, naturally many of his attacks would have a comedic nature to it, if I had to make comparisons it would be something along the lines of Peacock from Skullgirls. There would be signature ability to eat objects, but I would imagine that character to be very wacky with a lot of unorthodox attacks. While one would say that is stealing the spotlight from the likes of, say, Wario or Mr. Game & Watch, keep in mind that having the right combination of attacks and gameplay can still create that sense of diversity if you play it right.

While you don't need to agree on these points, I'll have to disagree that Pac-man having a moveset is theoretically impossible. Stripe away the face, and you'll actually see basic archetypes thrown around on par with pretty much any other fighting game character, because in the end the design and gameplay are connected to each other. This is why Captain Falcon has a moveset inspired by sentai works like Super Sentai and Kamen Rider, why Sheik has a moveset inspired by ninja, why R.O.B. is inspired by sci-fi robotics, and so on. Even characters that can fall into similar territory can be different by virtue of their design, an example being Marth and Ike.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm willing to bet that we won't see any newcomers until next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom