• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Now for some new Pokemon.

Looks like there's more color customization for Pokemon aside from Shiny now.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Smash never ceases to amazing. Smash 64, a game that's 14 years old might have a tier list change. Even after such experimentation and study removing ONE stage from legality may change the entire game.

This is why I love smash, the way it's designed allows for incredible intricacies and for the game to never actually be 100% explored. Truly inspiring...

Now I spose you can go back to your dumb Pokemon talk. :rolleyes:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Gyrados would have to have feathers then to look more like Quetzalcoatl.
It's more the multi-colored orbs that made me think of one. Perhaps a different kind of dragon-based Leviathan then? There were also two kinds, the Serpent and the Crocodile/Alligator.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was going to have Oorotto on my team

But now I'm torn between him and the pumpkin

Apparently the pumpkin is more common in Y, so I may just get the pumpkin

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I had three dreams last night. One dream I was Amy Winehouse incarnate. One, where me and Kim Kardashian fell madly in love. And one where I got to play X/Y. I've never been more excited for a game, or my wedding date with Kim.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh wow. o_o

That just got me the "I LOVE IT!" trophy. I forgot we have those here. Neat. o.o

Thanks guys. :3

As thanks, I give you ALL a wondrous gift.

You each get one of THESE! =D

Oh, and this thing too.

A dancing pink falcon chicken thing

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I remember that modded handheld N64 with Goldeneye thing... Too much nostalgia to handle!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Nah. That'd require a working transfer pak. You don't even need a controller pak to play Quest 64 decently.
Who's to say you can't simply build in the Transfer Pak, though?

It'd be like the Gamecube if you always have the Gameboy Player hooked onto it. ¦3

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Who's to say you can't simply build in the Transfer Pak, though?

It'd be like the Gamecube if you always have the Gameboy Player hooked onto it. ¦3
I found the regular Pokemon games more fun anyway. Plus, I do like Quest over the Stadium games. Probably because it has less broken gameplay. But eh.

I own them all, so it matters little. And Stadium wouldn't play very well if you could only use the lame Rentals. Which is the point I'm getting at.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I found the regular Pokemon games more fun anyway. Plus, I do like Quest over the Stadium games. Probably because it has less broken gameplay. But eh.

I own them all, so it matters little. And Stadium wouldn't play very well if you could only use the lame Rentals. Which is the point I'm getting at.
Well you'd be surprised how far you can to on R-2 difficulty with rentals alone. I got up to Lance on R2 on both Stadium games, and beat half of the stadium cups or so with rentals only!

On cartridges that weren't my own. Have R-2 beaten on my own copies of course.

Also, the Dodrio speed of the Game Boy Tower makes playing even the regular Pokemon games more fun.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

You keep bringing up this "Quest" game that I've never heard of and don't care to know of. XD

Stop that. ¦D

I feel like I'm one of the few people we really enjoys the 3D Pokemon games. Colosseum is one of my top favs.

Speaking of those I would really like a new one...Then again, there were those pictures from a few months back that kind of hinted to one. There was also the ones for the 3D fighting game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well you'd be surprised how far you can to on R-2 difficulty with rentals alone. I got up to Lance on R2 on both Stadium games, and beat half of the stadium cups or so with rentals only!
I hate using pre-set Movesets. So... I like my own thought put into everything.

On cartridges that weren't my own. Have R-2 beaten on my own copies of course.
Nice.

Also, the Dodrio speed of the Game Boy Tower makes playing even the regular Pokemon games more fun.
No disagreements here.

You keep bringing up this "Quest" game that I've never heard of and don't care to know of. XD
So go play it. :p
Stop that. ¦D
Nah.

I feel like I'm one of the few people we really enjoys the 3D Pokemon games. Colosseum is one of my top favs.
Speaking of those I would really like a new one...Then again, there were those pictures from a few months back that kind of hinted to one. There was also the ones for the 3D fighting game.
So would I. I was very disappointed Gen V didn't get a Stadium-style game...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Then again, there were those pictures from a few months back that kind of hinted to one. There was also the ones for the 3D fighting game.
You mean the one with Blaziken and Lucario? I believe Gamefreak said that that was more of a foreshadowing of the future of Pokemon and what it could potentially look like. As they kinda went through a memory lane trip in that video of past, present and future.

At least... That's what I understood from it... :/

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I hate using pre-set Movesets. So... I like my own thought put into everything.
That's understandable. Don't know where my copies of the original R/B/Y are anymore though, so I had to make due with rentals when playing those other copies of the Stadium games. The thing I hated about it most was how the 1st and 2nd stage Pokemon (more-so the latter) had better rental movesets than the final evolution Pokemon, like Kadabra having better moves than Alakazam, and half the rental legendaries had crappy movesets too. The rental Mew and Celebi you could have in R-2 mode were a cool bonus though, not to mention that Celebi actually had an alright moveset. I felt better about my improvisation skills in the end though when I got as far as I did on the games with rentals only.

Stuff.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
So... Just a question.

Is this thread only going to be about Pokemon for the next month? If so I honestly wanna know sso I can avoid it.

No offense guys, but we got a whole Pokemon forum on here, can we keep this somewhat smash related maybe, or at least change the subject from time to time? I've gotten my fill of X and Y and anything related.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So... Just a question.

Is this thread only going to be about Pokemon for the next month? If so I honestly wanna know sso I can avoid it.

No offense guys, but we got a whole Pokemon forum on here, can we keep this somewhat smash related maybe, or at least change the subject from time to time? I've gotten my fill of X and Y and anything related.

This is a Social Thread, Capps. We are to be social about whatever topic we decide on at the moment. This does not have to be about Smash all of the time.

If we're gonna talk about Pokemon, then we're gonna talk about Pokemon. It's just like all those times Fire Emblem got brought up. That's how it works.

Get over it or just stay out if it's bothering you that much.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but sometimes it's best to be blunt.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
This is a Social Thread, Capps. We are to be social about whatever topic we decide on at the moment. This does not have to be about Smash all of the time.

If we're gonna talk about Pokemon, then we're gonna talk about Pokemon. It's just like all those times Fire Emblem got brought up. That's how it works.

Get over it or just stay out if it's bothering you that much.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but sometimes it's best to be blunt.

It's kinda why I was asking, to figure out if I should just stay away till the hype for the game is done. Seems like that's the case.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So... Just a question.

Let's talk about Zeeky H. Bomb in Smash Bros. Or Omega Tiger Woods.

Maybe also about what Pokemon a Kalos Trainer character would use. (X and Y spoilers, though)
Here's my pick:

Chespin
Braixen
Gerdinja

I'd honestly love having OTW in Smash, though...or any of Most Mysterious' and The_None's other fighters.

----

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It's kinda why I was asking, to figure out if I should just stay away till the hype for the game is done. Seems like that's the case.
Well think of it this way instead.

We've talked more about Pokemon, Mario, Zelda and even Sonic than much of Smash 4 here when all of them have/had new things coming out. Why do you think that is?

Simple. All of those games have had a lot more concrete information put out for us to talk about. Meanwhile with Smash 4, it's nothing but repeated cycles of theories, speculations, hope, worries and arguments. Oh, and a few "pics of the day" which usually don't have much to show.

All of which get INCREDIBLY stale incredibly fast. Especially considering how long and how many times we've done it. XD

So yeah, what you should do is simple. Poke your head in and see what the current topic of discussion is. If it's about Pokemon or anything else and you don't wanna be part of it, come back later. If it's Smash 4, then something new might've happened and you should stick around.

If you already get that, don't make a post complaining about it in the first place. Silly. ¦D

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You said that earlier, Blues.

Did you not let Roll repair you again? D<

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
A Mega Raichu I probably wouldn't mind, but Pikachu's got enough already for obvious reasons.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So... Just a question.

It can be about Aztec mythology if you want. Like this picture which is now my new wallpaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom