• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Just for the record, Melee took 1 year and 1 month to develop, and it took Brawl 2 years and 4 months. It should however be note worthy that the latter game was delayed several times and has a lot more content then Melee, which justifies the longer development time. As of now, the next games would of been in development for 1 year and 2 months. It's a possibility that the games might have a Q4 2013 release date, but there's a real possibility of it being delayed later. Remember, the costs of developing for two different systems is more daunting then one.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm vouching for earliest Q4 2013, comfort zone Q1/2 2014, latest Q2 2015.
Early is obvious, Comfort is what I feel it would be, Late is delayed and not even any cut characters, not even from Melee

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Didn't Melee begin development mid to late Febuaray in 1999 shortly after Smash started becoming a commercial success in Japan for the Gamecube?

Where did you read that Melee took a year and a month to develop?

My guess SSB4 will be out Q1 2014, and i'll say Holiday 2013 if I want to get ansy and buy into the 3DS Smash rumors

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Where did you read that Melee took a year and a month to develop?
http://www.1up.com/news/masahiro-sakurai-reflects-super-smash

Sakurai said:
Some of my other games did, too, but Melee sticks out far ahead of the pack in my mind. I worked on that game for 13 months straight, after all, without a single Sunday or holiday off that whole time. During parts of it, I was living a really destructive lifestyle -- I'd work for over 40 hours in a row, then go back home to sleep for four.
Straight out of the horse's mouth.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Oh okay that good to know i've read conflicting stories from varoious places where it said from any where from year and 6 to 7 months.

All i gotta say this dude really pushes himself to the limits to get his games done. Nintendo better be paying this dude handsomely if he is working his arms off.

EDIT: Can you guys believe it?? E3 is a month away give or take
We can can do it! So far it hs only costed us our insanity and a whole thread lol!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
NinBuzz made a new video regarding to Super Smash Bros. U, this time regarding to character customization. It's worth noting that most of the comments comes from the prospective of varies other users.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Idiots deserved it for using ponies.

Those ****ing horses man, what is it with them and attracting the most disturbing scum on the planet?
Please, like the Sonic fanbase is better? At least the MLP fanbase is known for being altruistic.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Please, like the Sonic fanbase is better? At least the MLP fanbase is known for being altruistic.
I heard about the MLP convention where the fans split and left voice actor's from the show to pay a large bill.

Also there was a scandal where thousands of dollars went missing

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I heard about the MLP convention where the fans split and left voice actor's from the show to pay a large bill.

Also there was a scandal where thousands of dollars went missing
When was this? Then again, I don't check Equestria Daily every day so I don't know.

Though if there's one truly bad fanbase, it's sports fans. Think about it.

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, time to see what people have been saying in the Social Smash 4 thread! I bet something interesting's being discu-

*Sees discussion on MLP and the Brony fanbase*

Oh boy, time to get the **** out of here!

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
At least the MLP fanbase is known for being altruistic.
I misread altruistic as autistic, lol.

@ Habanero: The Pony people have donated a lot of money to children's cancer therapy, breast cancer research, several independent media projects, animal rescue centers and other things/organizations for the benefit of others. Pony's a good show and Bronies a pretty decent fanbase if you can look past the unusual aspects of the fanbase, which are solely based on our perceived gender and age roles.

D

Deleted member

A bunch of horsecrap I tell you. Those people are not right in the head.
I mean that as a joke. The My Little Pony fan base (at least the very bad part) constantly preach "love and tolerance" yet they attack others and show intolerance towards others.

D

Deleted member

Let's just say both are bad and end it there. Because they are.

Arguing about who's less bad is pointless; it doesn't make either of them NOT bad.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The Pony people have donated a lot of money to children's cancer therapy, breast cancer research, several independent media projects, animal rescue centers and other things/organizations for the benefit of others. Pony's a good show and Bronies a pretty decent fanbase if you can look past the unusual aspects of the fanbase, which are solely based on our perceived gender and age roles.
Stop lying under your breath you filthy horse ******. Bronies are scumbags and pedophiles through and through, and if you think otherwise you are a complete dumbass. The show is **** and the fans are abysmal. Deal with it.

D

Deleted member

Extremist Bronies may be bad, but Extremist Anti-Bronies like that are equally bad.

Not saying I'm in the middle; I don't really give a damn about the show itself.
Though I can see why people would like it.

All in all, simple fans that enjoy the show are ok to me. The obnoxious fans are the ones I can't stand. Especially those that have to turn everything into Pownee Tiem.

So let's end the discussion and talk about something different.
Like how Mother is officially a dead series at this point in time.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I was just going to say they tend to wear fedoras, but Habanero went off the end of the Scoville Scale.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is a difference between liking a show, and basing your life on it

Obsession is not a good thing

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
NinBuzz made a new video regarding to Super Smash Bros. U, this time regarding to character customization. It's worth noting that most of the comments comes from the prospective of varies other users.

There were actually some pretty good ideas there.

I thought youtube commenters were supposed to be stupid.

I'm pleasantly suprised!

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
However if you moderate everything you'd moderate your moderation so then you'd only be moderately moderate, therefore you aren't always moderate in everything.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I guess a moderate amount of arsenic wouldn't hurt.
Apparently, a little bit of arsenic is actually good for you, if you have cancer.

Eating apple seeds, which have arsenic, actually helps fight against cancer

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The saying is applied to what you do, but yeah the brevity of it leaves it to interpretation.

Dang it Habanero, making me want to pick up my Uprising again.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The saying is applied to what you do, but yeah the brevity of it leaves it to interpretation.

Dang it Habanero, making me want to pick up my Uprising again.
Doctors should only save a moderate amount of lives then.

Also Uprising sounds like a very good idea right now, considering I've been wanting to play Star Fox Whatever but I didn't bring any of them with me.

D

Deleted member

Yep, the My Little Pony fan base is known for "love and tolerance".
That's bs.

I left some trollbait in one of their vids and still to this day I get angry, hateful replies from those idiots. A lot of the "love and tolerance" stuff is a way for them to hide their insecurities. Most of them don't TRULY believe it, its just a new meme that will eventually die out.

The MLP fanbase is known for being overly sensitive, pushing it's ideals on people who don't care, and trying too hard to get accepted for having strange quirks. It's cool if people like their Pony****, but keep it to yourself man, people don't care. I seem to recall a South Park episode that talked about something similar...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
There was some Mother discussion a while back about the series being "finished".

Well, some fans asked the series creator, Itoi, just within the past few days whether there is anyway he can be convinced to make a Mother 4.
QUESTION: Please tell me how we can get Mr. Itoi to make MOTHER 4.
ITOI: Impossible.

I just wish we would get Mother 3 (and Mother 1) released internationally. I love EarthBound so much.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, some fans asked the series creator, Itoi, just within the past few days whether there is anyway he can be convinced to make a Mother 4.
QUESTION: Please tell me how we can get Mr. Itoi to make MOTHER 4.
ITOI: Impossible.
:sadeyes:
But why does he not want to continue the Mother series?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
:sadeyes:
But why does he not want to continue the Mother series?
He had a very miserable time developing Mother 3 for the Nintendo 64, to the point where at one point he even had a nervous breakdown. Unlike most other games nowadays, Itoi wrote everything for the Mother series.

Heck, Mother 3 was in development for three years on the Game Boy Advance.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just... what the hell happened here?
Let's say that the MLP fanbase doesn't exactly have a good reputation and leave it at that.

About that video Habanero posted, which is, you know, on-topic... there are a lot of good ideas mentioned.

I think character modes are the ones that please me the most. Several fighting games do this already in the form of EX modes or something similarly named, so I think Smash could take some cues from that. A notable example would be Ganondorf using his Falcon clone moveset or a new sword moveset.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Chrono: Not to mention all those disturbing thoughts and ideas he had for the series overall... I bet they played part of his nervous breakdown.

In anycase, I respect his decision, as it ends this unique and picturesque series with dignity and doesn't ruin it with unnecessary and potentially bad games/spinoffs. It's best for him, and for the series overall.

Also can we keep ponies out of my Smash Bros-discussion

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm not very familiar with the MOTHER series, but I have been under the impression that it's more "complete" than "dead?" As in... I thought the story and what not was all wrapped up. I GUESS YOU CAN ALWAYS BEGIN A NEW STORY IN THE SAME UNIVERSE, but still. I guess Harry Potter's a good example. Come to think of it, I think DBZ is a good example of why you don't continue a series after the creator feels it's done.

AND JUST SO I CAN SAY ALL I WANTED TO SAY ON MLP SINCE MANLY IS BRINGING IT BACK UP, so if this goes some place awful it's all his fault:
which are solely based on our perceived gender and age roles.
No reasonable person would fault them for liking something out of what the cartoon was aimed for, I mean how many of us had to put up with people saying that to us about Pokemon. The problem with them is that some of them are fedora wearing asshats who think they're special BECAUSE they like something "girly" and then blame women for not being "allowed" to like it? I bet a third of Men's Rights Activists are bronies. Disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom