• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
SOMG SONIC.

SONIC GUYS.

SONIC. WE HAVE BEEN BLESSED BY THE SMASH GODS TODAY FOR IT CAME WITH NEW FOOTAGE TOO. <3

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Hrm... Still kinda sad that Sonic looks like he's just copy/pasted from Brawl though, I can only hope he gets some improvements for balance.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Will you people please stop posting unspoiler'd videos. :glare:
It's not a spoiler if it was officially revealed before the game was even out. :awesome:

I wonder if most of the newcomers in SSB4 are gonna be unlockable... people used to complain that most of the veterans were unlockables and the newcomers were starters in Brawl.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well I'm certainly happy for the Sonic fans who stuck up for him. Congratulations! :D

Now if only Professor Layton could join the smash too as an additional third party newcomer.................

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
It's not a spoiler if it was officially revealed before the game was even out. :awesome:
I meant videos not hidden by collapse tags.

Not all of us are viewing this thread/forum with super fast internet, and having a bunch of unhidden videos on a single page causes a whole lot of lag. :glare:
If you're looking to not get things spoiled, you've come to the wrong place.
See above.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
*notices the trailer* Time to recite a classic Sonic for Hire quote.

Sonic: *shoots Sparkster* "All hail Generalissimolioness!"

Generalissimolioness: "Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaay!"

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hrm... Still kinda sad that Sonic looks like he's just copy/pasted from Brawl though, I can only hope he gets some improvements for balance.
At least he is not a clone like Toon Link still is. :rolleyes:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kinda.

Also, anyone notice yet we're getting way more walk off stages then ever before? Poor competitive play...
That won't necessarily be a problem if chain grabs are finally remedied.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
That won't necessarily be a problem if chain grabs are finally remedied.

Walk off camping still is GG. Onett, the only pure walkoff stage to ever have strong fights for legalit still got kicked for walkoff camping. Unless atitudes change I can't see them being legal, and from what I'm seeing so far it'll severely limit stages played on again.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Man, MY DREAM MATCH UP OF MARIO, SONIC, AND MEGA MAN IS FINALLY REALLLLLLL!!!! :grin:
WHO DIDN'T? :p
SmashChu and several other idiots.

I was expecting him, just not until like 3 weeks from now.
Shortie. And SmashChu, apparently. There were quite a few people who thought Third Parties would be one time only.

They were idiots and wrong, but they existed. :p
shortie said there was a good chance of Sonic returning, so don't bang on him.

SmashChu didn't see it happening. Then again, SmashChu said Mega Man had virtually no chance at being playable because other fighting games don't have returning guests (and yet he doesn't want smash to be like other fighting games), :rolleyes: which honestly, if you didn't see Mega Man in Smash 4 coming, you're an idiot.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Walk off camping still is GG. Onett, the only pure walkoff stage to ever have strong fights for legalit still got kicked for walkoff camping. Unless atitudes change I can't see them being legal, and from what I'm seeing so far it'll severely limit stages played on again.
What exactly is walkoff camping?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You basically camp around the blast zone and fish for a grab (usually a backthrow) that sent your opponent hurtling to their doom. If your character had a CG, well, you just pretty much grab them from anywhere there's a flat surface leading up to the blast zone and you CG'd them into oblivion. It was a popular tactic during the early days of Brawl.

Smooth Criminal

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I hope Sonic's Spin Charge (Down Special) is changed this time around. Having 2 Spin attacks is redundant imo.

DKC: TF 2014 = :urg:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Camping by the walk off areas for KO's.

There is also inverse walk off camping, in which players camp away from walk off areas in order to avoid KO's.

And thus, therein lies the ultimate problems with walk off stages in competitive smash.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wow, Sonic looks kinda like Project M Sonic.

It also looks like they fixed land to air momentum carrying, which makes him way deadlier in the air.

My GOD, Sonci could be like a fighter jet in the air.
Okay, let me be the first to say, anyone who doubted Sonic's return, or grasped at straws trying to equate him with Snake, or said Sakurai might not want him back, or might have some arbitrary stupid policy about guests only being in one game...you lose.
Pretty much this.

Also, 3 characters in 12 days is pretty damn good.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sure, but it's not like Nintendo planned to have that Direct on that date for the reason of the Lost Levels. Luigi was revealed clearly due to Dream Team and his whole Year in general, being on the same day as a VC release with him in it was a coincidence (especially since there are so many VC titles that would potentially have him). Directs take priority, character reveals will get shifted earlier if it means they can be revealed in the Direct, since it reaches a much larger audience.
I highly doubt it was just a coincidence. I see it more as Luigi was going to be revealed that day anyway, and the Direct happened to happen then. However, similar to what Wariofan1 said, there's two times Sakurai reveals a character; On the release date of one of their games(not a past game, one that's releasing that day), or when an announcement for a key game is going to be released soon. I was surprised he didn't wait to reveal Sonic. But Sakurai and Nintendo working together for reveals wouldn't be surprise me.

Next Direct with a Smash reveal will be the same thing, the character will get revealed before they'd get DOJO revealed, should they be tied to promotion. (Unless that Direct is the day of or before a release ofc)

Right. Although nobody was randomly revealed regardless.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I guess we now know that if there's a delay on the daily Miiverse pic, then we should expect something new that day.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
More like 19 days, unless I'm missing something.
Well it has been a busy past 2 weeks or so.

GTA V, 2 accounting exams, Roy confirmed for Project M, the Project M 3.0 reveal, the clone engine for Project M/Brawl, my federal tax income accounting early mid-term (this class makes you even more suicidal than it sounds), 3 math tests, and a generic business test that I worked so hard on to get an A (hint: I didn't study for that one). :laugh:

Oh, and GTA V: Online launches today. This weekend is gonna be hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom