• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Voilã!

And a video too

AND THIS COMBINED WITH SONIC BEING BACK AND 3D WORLD BEING 1DAY PURCHASE + DUAL DESTINIES + BRAVERY DEFAULT

THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
With Sonic's reveal we also saw footage of some stages such as the Pilotwings/Wuhu Island one and Pyrosphere (with no sign of a certain purple dragon).

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well I did say I wanted some more Smash footage, and we got some, so I'll relax for now.

Hoping December will have a Nintendo Direct though.

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
VeryNiceYes.

Now, don't you come back with that OP excuse of a Final Smash.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well I did say I wanted some more Smash footage, and we got some, so I'll relax for now.

Hoping December will have a Nintendo Direct though.
Considering December is the holiday season, it seems obvious that there will be a Direct during that time.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Do you think the Sonic Lost World stage will be on both versions of the game?

Remember that Sakurai said that Wii U stages would be based on home console games and 3DS stages based on handheld titles. Sonic Lost World will be simultaneously released on both Wii U and 3DS, just like Smash 4, so what are your thoughts?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Considering December is the holiday season, it seems obvious that there will be a Direct during that time.
Brilliant! And if things go well, we may see a certain green-haired Goddess appear due to a certain game's anniversary to come on December 19. It may be super early to say, but why not anticipate?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Awesome.

Since the pattern of "reveal characters during the release date of one of their games is broken", since this is the first time it happened. Absolutely everybody else(besides the e3 directs) were revealed on an exact release date.

I can't find any Sonic game either. :p

Alzi

Smash Master

Iwata sure knows how to drop the bombs.

The new gameplay footage we got showed off more how fast this game is compared to brawl. I am liking the speed, sonic made it even faster though.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Awesome.

Since the pattern of "reveal characters during the release date of one of their games is broken", since this is the first time it happened. Absolutely everybody else(besides the e3 directs) were revealed on an exact release date.

Other than Lost world then yeah lol

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Do you think the Sonic Lost World stage will be on both versions of the game?

Remember that Sakurai said that Wii U stages would be based on home console games and 3DS stages based on handheld titles. Sonic Lost World will be simultaneously released on both Wii U and 3DS, just like Smash 4, so what are your thoughts?
like you said, Sonic Lost World is coming for both consoles, so it probably will appear in both Smash games

what I wonder though is if Sonic will get more than one stage, and if so whether it will be a new one or just Green Hill again

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
lol the Sonic Heroes theme?

that's the last one I would expect for his reveal
Actually, it doesn't surprise me. Look at Seaside Hill. It's the Neo-Green Hill Zone. Sega remixes that stage and its song to death; it only makes sense to run down the theme song of the game it came from.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Awesome.

Well I mean, it's not like this was done without any tie-in promotion, it's just the timing of the Direct out-prioritized revealing Sonic on release of his game. Nintendo probably just wanted to have something Smash related for this Direct, I mean it's a bigger audience than a simple DOJO reveal.

Plus Luigi wasn't revealed on the day (or day before) his game came out either, Directs change the schedule of things.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Other than Lost world then yeah lol
It's not released today.

I'm talking about the announcement being on their release date. Sonic is the only exception thusfar. Whether or not this "exception" will hold is unknown. Everybody knew Lost World was coming out with some quick research. That's not really much news.
Well I mean, it's not like this was done without any tie-in promotion, it's just the timing of the Direct out-prioritized revealing Sonic on release of his game. Nintendo probably just wanted to have something Smash related for this Direct, I mean it's a bigger audience than a simple DOJO reveal.

Plus Luigi wasn't revealed on the day (or day before) his game came out either, Directs change the schedule of things.
Luigi was revealed on the release date of Super Mario Bros. 2 The Lost Levels on the VC Wii U. So... Luigi fits the original pattern. This is the first time there is an exception to that pattern, bar none.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
It's not released today.

I'm talking about the announcement being on their release date. Sonic is the only exception thusfar. Whether or not this "exception" will hold is unknown. Everybody knew Lost World was coming out with some quick research. That's not really much news.
Well i think sakurai is like i show it whenever!

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
as far as a possible Snake reveal date (if he's still in the game, of course)

MGS V is coming but there's no official date for that yet

maybe they'll announce the next trailer for it and whenever that is, there could be a reveal then?
and MGSV for wii u that make me overjoyed

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's funny that Sonic was revealed in the same month for both Brawl and SSB4.

Six years ago, the Internet exploded with Sonic's reveal.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Actually, it doesn't surprise me. Look at Seaside Hill. It's the Neo-Green Hill Zone. Sega remixes that stage and its song to death; it only makes sense to run down the theme song of the game it came from.
oh yeah, that's true

especially with Seaside Hill/Ocean Palace being in the All-Stars Racing series

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
so we have megaman sonic and Mario dukeing it out all that's left is pacman I guess

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Luigi was revealed on the release date of Super Mario Bros. 2 The Lost Levels on the VC Wii U. So... Luigi fits the original pattern. This is the first time there is an exception to that pattern, bar none.
Sure, but it's not like Nintendo planned to have that Direct on that date for the reason of the Lost Levels. Luigi was revealed clearly due to Dream Team and his whole Year in general, being on the same day as a VC release with him in it was a coincidence (especially since there are so many VC titles that would potentially have him). Directs take priority, character reveals will get shifted earlier if it means they can be revealed in the Direct, since it reaches a much larger audience.

Next Direct with a Smash reveal will be the same thing, the character will get revealed before they'd get DOJO revealed, should they be tied to promotion. (Unless that Direct is the day of or before a release ofc)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Thanks to the footage of that scuffle between Megaman and Mario, Smash 4 is confirmed to be bringing back pivot grabs.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
6 years already...

Best miracle here is we got to experience it all over again.

But even better than before.

"Liek guys, what if Megaman and Sonic and Mario would be in a same game officially"

Now they legitly are

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
6 years already...

Best miracle here is we got to experience it all over again.

But even better than before.

"Liek guys, what if Megaman and Sonic and Mario would be in a same game officially"

Now they legitly are
Not really... because the Internet didn't break down this time. :dizzy:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Hot damn! Great to see Sonic again.

It's official: characters are revealed based on upcoming/new games they star in (so far Peach is the only exclusion). If we don't get anything Pokémon X & Y related for Smash than I'll be extremely shocked.

As for Blonic, I really hope they make his Forward Special and Down Special not the same damn exact move.

Also, I actually expected absolutely nothing for Smash news from today's Nintendo Direct, especially we just got Toon Link 5 days ago. But I'm glad I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom