• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Since the people developing A Hat in Time are all ex-rare, (well, mostly) and some of the best they ever had, and they're interested in their company becoming a part of Nintendo, maybe they can get in on the DKC action. That's like, the best possible outcome.
Hmm... didn't even realize that game had backup from ex-Rare staff members. Might be interesting to look into, because hey it wouldn't hurt.

Gears for Breakfast is also the best name for a development team.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
hosing out the cab of his pickup truck, he's got his 8-track playing really fuсkin' loud

how did that word **** actually appear on the forums? you'd think it would be starred out. is spelling it, ****in... or ****in' really the way to go to bypass?

...... what. i have them all starred out,, what makes you special?
****in' ****... i feel like it's banworthy.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
While I'm not necessarily saying that I want Waluigi in Smash, I would love for him to appear in some Mario platformers. I'd love to see a Super Wario Bros., or maybe a Mario game that allowed you to pick a good or evil side, choosing between Mario and Luigi and Wario and Waluigi. I feel like there really is potential in Waluigi and I hate wasn't in WarioWare or Wario Land games. One thing me and my friend were talking about once is how awkward Waluigi's franchise placement would be in SSB4. I mean, sure he'd probably be placed in the Mario franchise, but the thing is he isn't that relevant without Wario, who has his own franchise. I mean, it's not that big a deal, but it's something to think about

As a side note, does the site keep off going offline for everyone else?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
how did that word **** actually appear on the forums? you'd think it would be starred out. is spelling it, ****in... or ****in' really the way to go to bypass?

lol he probably changed the font or size of the "u" to so that the censors wouldn't recognize it

it's a trick people used to use this all the time on the other forums I've been on

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
While I'm not necessarily saying that I want Waluigi in Smash, I would love for him to appear in some Mario platformers. I'd love to see a Super Wario Bros., or maybe a Mario game that allowed you to pick a good or evil side, choosing between Mario and Luigi and Wario and Waluigi. I feel like there really is potential in Waluigi and I hate wasn't in WarioWare or Wario Land games. One thing me and my friend were talking about once is how awkward Waluigi's franchise placement would be in SSB4. I mean, sure he'd probably be placed in the Mario franchise, but the thing is he isn't that relevant without Wario, who has his own franchise. I mean, it's not that big a deal, but it's something to think about.
Waluigi is not relevant to Wario's games. He's only relevant as Wario's partner in Mario games only. So yes, he's a pure Mario character regardless.

I think it'd be great if he had a Platformer appearance, but Nintendo themselves(Miyamoto or part of his regular staff) didn't even create Waluigi. He was created by the same Company that created Mario Tennis, which is different from the regular people who make the Mario Platformers. So I can see why he never made an appearance in them. Nintendo EAD has no reason to put him in. And even then, unless Wario is there, why would Waluigi be?

As for why he's not in the Wario games, it's probably because Waluigi was never meant to be in there. He's just a guy in Sports/Karts/Parties as is, and made by a Second Party Developer among Nintendo. I think a lot of people do forget that Nintendo EAD(who does the regular Mario Platformers) never made Waluigi, so it shouldn't be surprised that they don't seem to care about him. I wouldn't even be surprised if they thought Waluigi was stupid or something. Also, the Karts/Parties/Sports all happen just like the Platformers do. The only games that aren't connected to the regular storyline per Word of God is Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Hotel Mario. That's literally it. Dr. Mario is suggested that it might not have the real Mario.(it was not outright said, just that Mario wouldn't really take the role of a Doctor. Keep in mind, the reason this is suggested and not truly implied is that he didn't say that Mario could have never been the Doc, just that his "role" wouldn't be that. It could just as well mean he was a fake Doctor instead of a real one. It's just odd.) The RPG games may also be spin-offs, but that's due to them being actually entirely disconnected from the regular series. Except possibly Mario & Luigi at best. Paper Mario just has barely anything in common with the other Mario games besides some recurring characters. Being in Paper form with odd enemies, entirely unique ones, well... it could actually be an entirely different dimension or Alternate Universe. Super Mario RPG fares differently, though. Most of its enemies are entirely unique or references to other characters from different games. It also was done by Square Enix so probably is also not canon whatsoever.

From what I can tell via actual Word of God and other information, these actually happen in the same universe; Donkey Kong series(all of it), Mario Bros., Super Mario series(all of it), Mario & Luigi series, Sports, Parties, Karts, all Wario games, all Yoshi games. Games that actually count as spin-offs; Super Mario Galaxy 2. Games that may be spin-offs but are not confirmed that way at all, thus, iffy; Paper Mario series, Super Mario RPG, Edutainment games, Mario VS Donkey Kong. Completely non-canon games in every way; Hotel Mario, any obviously made fan-games, any game based upon the Movie that could somehow come out, likewise based upon the Cartoons or Anime.

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration

fuсkin' fuсk... i feel like it's banworthy.
i have a russian keyboard on my phone so i can say words like ****, *****, ******, ******, etc.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
the commentary made by Nintendo about Waluigi not being in Mario Kart 7, for me, is pretty much a confirmation that they don't like him

(but they still put in Waluigi Pinball lol)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
the commentary made by Nintendo about Waluigi not being in Mario Kart 7, for me, is pretty much a confirmation that they don't like him

Not surprised. Not creating him, it could also be because of his tendency to be a little naughty as well. Crotch chop, anyone?

Anyway, music is a bit different from the character, so I don't see why they'd have a problem with stuff besides the character himself.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The one thing I sort of wonder about this forum is why couldn't we have an option as users to turn the censors off? Well whatever...
Why should we be able to? If things are censored, that means they clearly should not be said. It's that simple. Nobody should be allowed to break that rule. This forum also has people who aren't around people who swear, or does not feel comfortable saying or hearing/reading swear words. I find it fine to respect that and simply keeps up the censors. They aren't a bad thing in this case. It's at worse funny when the thing censored makes little sense, but...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Bypassing the censors, while not the worst thing in the world, isn't advisable. They're there for a reason. But as long as you can be smart about it, unlike that once-again banned guy, it won't be a huge problem. Just don't make a habit out of it.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
you can figure out what curse word someone saying by the context of their statements lol

there really isn't much gain to uncensoring words besides being able to actually see them

Poots

Smash Journeyman
I think it had more to do with how rushed mario kart 7 was. But yeah, Nintendo seems to dislike Waluigi even though he has some decent potential.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
How many times has he been banned now? :p Kidding, don't answer.

Anyway, moving on, Waluigi Pinball was in the Mario Kart stage in Brawl's Music Options, right?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
^ yeah Hyper

lol Death is like 5 Raider Klan songs away from getting permabanned now
Hah! But seriously, let's avoid gravedancing. I'm sure Mods aren't fans of that.(I know at least two forums where it is very much going to get your posts thumped/deleted)

Over 9000

:troll:
Just remember; Vegeta died. ;)

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Why should we be able to? If things are censored, that means they clearly should not be said. It's that simple. Nobody should be allowed to break that rule. This forum also has people who aren't around people who swear, or does not feel comfortable saying or hearing/reading swear words. I find it fine to respect that and simply keeps up the censors. They aren't a bad thing in this case. It's at worse funny when the thing censored makes little sense, but...
Eh IDK it's just that on another forum I was on they basically let you turn off the censors but due to the content of that forum there obviously seems to be more reason to. It's not that big of a deal but the option would be nice. Well moving on... I have nothing to add to this current conversation XD

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh IDK it's just that on another forum I was on they basically let you turn off the censors but due to the content of that forum there obviously seems to be more reason to. It's not that big of a deal but the option would be nice. Well moving on... I have nothing to add to this current conversation XD
I know some forums where most swearing is allowed in general.(as long as you don't push it, and it depends where it's said as well. Can't be in your Usertitles/Signature, and it should never be used when trying to debate. Basically, it's about only good when you roleplay a character or quote something) But that also depends if the place is considered Safe for Work as well. This place is supposed to be, last I checked, soooooooo...

Moving on, since my hopes for Toad are low, I'd take Waluigi and Bowser Jr. for Mario series characters to come in. Both can easily be unique, and they're both more or less treated as bad guys, something the Mario series needs more of. Yoshi and Wario villains are a little bit harder to say, though. Yoshi's slightly easy since it has Kamek or Shy Guy(the latter has a variety of forms and moves, and they're just as generic as Yoshi, so... who cares about that bit? Kamek is a bit harder, though). Wario has a slew of characters, but villains are a bit harder. I know there's Syrup, and Shake-It King(is that the right name? Where's a GY when I need him...). I think Ashley is officially evil...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Moving on, since my hopes for Toad are low, I'd take Waluigi and Bowser Jr. for Mario series characters to come in. Both can easily be unique, and they're both more or less treated as bad guys, something the Mario series needs more of. Yoshi and Wario villains are a little bit harder to say, though. Yoshi's slightly easy since it has Kamek or Shy Guy(the latter has a variety of forms and moves, and they're just as generic as Yoshi, so... who cares about that bit? Kamek is a bit harder, though). Wario has a slew of characters, but villains are a bit harder. I know there's Syrup, and Shake-It King(is that the right name? Where's a GY when I need him...). I think Ashley is officially evil...
Close, the word "It" isn't in the Shake King's name.

Bowser Jr. plays more of an antagonist role than Waluigi, but I'd be fine with either of them. The variety of Wario characters makes choosing another rep for the Wario universe/Warioware universe a bit harder than for most franchises. Personally, I'd take either Kamek for Yoshi or Ashley for Wario, I want a character (other than Zelda) who's attacks mostly revolve around magic.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Close, the word "It" isn't in the Shake King's name.
I own the game but haven't played. Thanks for the information.

Bowser Jr. plays more of an antagonist role than Waluigi, but I'd be fine with either of them. The variety of Wario characters makes choosing another rep for the Wario universe/Warioware universe a bit harder than for most franchises. Personally, I'd take either Kamek for Yoshi or Ashley for Wario,
If Toad doesn't get in, I'd prefer both. Jr. is my main pick between the two. Although I have a feeling Waluigi is easier to make unique. And yeah, Kamek is cool, no doubt, and a better choice, IMO, but his moveset may not be easy at all... Ashley, Kat and Ana, or Captain Syrup are my female picks. Male-wise, there's Shake King and Mike. Mona is neat and all, but I can't really think of anything notable about her beyond being a her. I know she has a Motorcycle, but Wario already took that from her.(probably was that way just to show off more WarioWare stuff)

I want a character (other than Zelda) who's attacks mostly revolve around magic.
Brian for Smash For. :awesome:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I own the game but haven't played. Thanks for the information.
I've read about the game but I don't have it. And you are welcome.

If Toad doesn't get in, I'd prefer both. Jr. is my main pick between the two. Although I have a feeling Waluigi is easier to make unique. And yeah, Kamek is cool, no doubt, and a better choice, IMO, but his moveset may not be easy at all... Ashley, Kat and Ana, or Captain Syrup are my female picks. Male-wise, there's Shake King and Mike. Mona is neat and all, but I can't really think of anything notable about her beyond being a her. I know she has a Motorcycle, but Wario already took that from her.(probably was that way just to show off more WarioWare stuff)
Kat and Ana would be a good choice for another double character like the Ice Climbers, but I'm still sticking to Plusle and Minun. Captain Syrup could be considered the main villain of the Wario Land series, and playable female villain would be nice for once. Mike or Jimmy T. would be cool as well. Mona I can actually imagine as being a comedic character, she has tons of part time jobs, one of them has her making pizzas- Maybe she could throw pizzas at her opponents faces. :awesome:

Mona jokes aside, the Shake King seems like a cool choice, but unlikely compared to many other characters.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've read about the game but I don't have it. And you are welcome.
Yeah.

Kat and Ana would be a good choice for another double character like the Ice Climbers, but I'm still sticking to Plusle and Minun. Captain Syrup could be considered the main villain of the Wario Land series, and playable female villain would be nice for once. Mike or Jimmy T. would be cool as well. Mona I can actually imagine as being a comedic character, she has tons of part time jobs, one of them has her making pizzas- Maybe she could throw pizzas at her opponents faces. :awesome:

Mona jokes aside, the Shake King seems like a cool choice, but unlikely compared to many other characters.
I'm sure we can make more jokes about her. But moving on, Shake King is a main villain, so I wouldn't necessarily say he's that unlikely. I'd put Syrup a bit higher, same with Kat and Ana. The rest I'd probably throw in the same category of notable characters, but not heavily important. It's hard to say.

I like double characters too. They're a lot of fun. A bit more unlikely due to the 3DS limitations, but cool none the less.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
2nd Wario fighter? I'd like to see 9-Volt he'd be both newer and retro at the same time

Kat&Ana would be pretty neat too, as would many others.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
People that want duo characters clearly don't understand the complications from both technical and balance reasons. It's already a miracle in a sense we have Ice Climbers to begin with, much to the carnage of those that have experienced their game breaking chain grabs.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I'll admit that I don't know that much about the WarioWare series, I've actually been meaning to check it out soon, but I'd want Ashley in just because, unff that theme. (Yes I know she doesn't need to be in for the song to be in)

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'll admit that I don't know that much about the WarioWare series, I've actually been meaning to check it out soon, but I'd want Ashley in just because, unff that theme. (Yes I know she doesn't need to be in for the song to be in)
Ashley could fill that whole "We need another magic based character" deal I see some people bring up

Then again so could Palutena

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Also while we're at it, I'll say that while I wouldn't want another duo like Ice Climbers, I wouldn't mind a duo where one character is obviously dominant and the other character is just kind of there to assist with a few moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom