• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Toon Link is such a camwhore.

This feature makes it worth it to play Wind Waker again.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't get Black History Month. I mean, shouldn't those events just be discussed to in regular history classes? It's not like it's in some alternative timeline or something... History is history.
At this point, I don't see why it can't be discussed in regular history classes. While we're at it, the whole heritage month thing is silly.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Someday I'll just make my own game studio and somehow get bought by nintendo to make games for them then I'll get to make whatever I want!

bought by nintendo to make whatever I want

bought by nintendo to make whatever I want

BOUGHT BY NINTENDO TO MAKE WHATEVER I WANT
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH YOU SORRY FOOL

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ok, the Waluigi thing continues? GUESS WHAT TIME I'M GONNA MAKE IT NOW!? :cool:

IMPA TIME!

Brace for IMPAct in 3... 2... 1........

Yep.. It's time!

Final Smash, anyone?

Toon Sheik you say? **** YOU!

@ Waluigi:

Ok, I've had my revenge.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Please tell me you're not being serious about 9/10 being a bad score.
It is for GTA V, just like an 8.0 is a bad score for the Wind Waker or the Wind Waker HD. Those 2 games are both instant classics.

Also, GTA V has sooooooo much fun stuff to do, and its' gameplay and world is huge and super engaging.

Speaking of GTA V, approximately 250 people worked on that game for 4 full years. That is precisely what I would love to see happen with Smash Wii U and 3DS, especially with a giant budget. Imagine the possibilities!!!! We could legit have a super dream roster. But alas, this is Nintendo we're talking about, not Rockstar.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Anyone having trouble with getting their posts through?
Yep. Since the site came back, it's been more difficult to post.

Sometimes, I even logout for no apparent reason, though it hasn't happened today yet...

... :smirk:
Looks like I need to counter Diddy's Impa propaganda... Now where did I put my secret stash full of GIFs... :evil:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Toon Link is such a cam*****.

This feature makes it worth it to play Wind Waker again.
LMAO!!! I read about that feature before for the Wind Waker HD, but I didn't know it could look that good.

Also, they got that feature in GTA V. If you ask me, from now on it should be in every video game ever.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ok, the Waluigi thing continues? GUESS WHAT TIME I'M GONNA MAKE IT NOW!? :cool:

IMPA TIME!

Brace for IMPAct in 3... 2... 1........

Yep.. It's time!

Final Smash, anyone?

Toon Sheik you say? **** YOU!

@ Waluigi:

Ok, I've had my revenge.
Impa discussion?

TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
See, it wouldn't be so bad though if he got some legitimate games and had a more developed character.
The problem is that he has next to no moves, skills, or playstyle that is unique to him. The same is true with Toad.
Wow, there is an alarming amount of people that didn't know that footstool jumping returned, especially considering it was confirmed all the way back in June.
That's what I'm trying to tell my homies.

#GTA5IsInvadingMyVocabulary

Also, I almost got abducted by aliens in the game. Yep.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Damn, how many Impa pictures does Diddy Kong have? He must really love his waifu. :smirk: I wonder if he has a pillow with her... or an inflatable doll shaped like her? :evil::troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

And Kumo, I've been getting that problem too.

EDIT: THAT'S IT! I'M BLOCKING YOU DIDDY! I AM SICK AND ****ING TIRED OF YOUR IMPA CRAP!

Stay classy bro. Gotta reply with a Waluigi pic as you go though? :rolleyes: Way to be hypocritical.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't think 8/10 is a bad score for Wind Waker at all. In fact it's quite a good score.
The Wind Waker is a hell of a lot of a better game on a 1-10 scale than an 8.

I mean, unless like 2 is the average and 8 is "an all-time classic," 9 is "one of the ten greatest games ever," and 10 is "the best game ever," anything the Wind Waker should at least be in the 9.5 range.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This fighting fire with fire thing doesn't really work I see...

BUT **** IT, TAKE A ****ING MAGIC BLAST IN THE FACE WALUIGI!

D

Deleted member

And this is why I like good reviews that don't involve scores. People worry about scores way too much and they aren't always representative of what the person think of the game.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So guise... Is Roy gonna make it back?...
Roy's been confirmed bro...

...IN PROJECT M!!!! :shades:
Yep. Since the site came back, it's been more difficult to post.
Sometimes I have to push the "reply to thread" button twice and wait about 30 seconds to a minute to post.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The Wind Waker is a hell of a lot of a better game on a 1-10 scale than an 8.

I mean, unless like 2 is the average and 8 is "an all-time classic," 9 is "one of the ten greatest games ever," and 10 is "the best game ever," anything the Wind Waker should at least be in the 9.5 range.
IMO, any score above ~7/10 means the game is good. I don't think that certain games should be given a curve on their scores just because.

Don't get me wrong, WW is probably my favourite 3D Zelda, but I don't think it's perfect. It has flaws, just like pretty much every game out there. Plus, opinions are by nature subjective, so how much somebody can look past a given flaw is going to vary from person to person.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I don't really worry about reviews period

usually I'm already reasonably certain whether I'm going to enjoy a game or not from the trailers and interviews about the game beforehand

often times, reviewers have their own expectations going into a game that don't align with mine anyway

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Okay, that's really cool looking. Is she making a barrier or shooting magic forward?

----

Not sure, but I prefer it as a pissed Impa who blasts Waluigi in the face.

Also, am still laughing at Wario Bros.'s post. The whole last page was flooded with Waluigi, but there's 1 Impa post and he's blocking me. :laugh:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Your Shulk is broken.

Roy's been confirmed bro...

...IN PROJECT M!!!! :shades:

Sometimes I have to push the "reply to thread" button twice and wait about 30 seconds to a minute to post.
I heard. I'm more excited because of the clone engine being completed...apparently.
I hope they release it publicly so we can actually add hacked characters.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
And this is why I like good reviews that don't involve scores. People worry about scores way too much and they aren't always representative of what the person think of the game.
I disagree. I like it when you read a review and the score makes sense. With Game Spot, the score made sense for their review, but their review was crap. The person who reviewed GTA V was all offended by GTA V and its' political parodies. Apparently they have never played, heard of, or seen anything from a GTA game before.

Seriously, it's like not reviewing a Batman movie positively because Batman is a vigilante.

On top of that, the Game Spot review of GTA V hardly covered anything.

The IGN review of both the Wind Waker HD and GTA V flowed really well with the words and how everything ended up at their respective scores. That review covered just about everything in both games, and the conclusion was pretty obvious once you read it (both games getting high scores; 9.8 and 10 respectively).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't really care about online reviews, honestly. If the game appeals to me, I simply buy it and play.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Reviews can easily change a person's mind about purchasing the game. But personally I think those people are just weak minded. :p

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I disagree. I like it when you read a review and the score makes sense. With Game Spot, the score made sense for their review, but their review was crap. The person who reviewed GTA V was all offended by GTA V and its' political parodies. Apparently they have never played, heard of, or seen anything from a GTA game before.
Jesus Christ man. It's her opinion.

If you like the game so much, then why do you give a s*** what some reviewer said about it?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
IMO, any score above ~7/10 means the game is good. I don't think that certain games should be given a curve on their scores just because.

Don't get me wrong, WW is probably my favourite 3D Zelda, but I don't think it's perfect. It has flaws, just like pretty much every game out there. Plus, opinions are by nature subjective, so how much somebody can look past a given flaw is going to vary from person to person.
There's too many "good" games. That's the problem.

With reviews and review scores, we need to separate the pretty good from the good from the really good from the pretty great from the great from the really great from the all-time classics. As for the flaws in the Wind Waker, they are pretty minute generally, especially in the Wind Waker HD. I mean, the graphics, gameplay, engine, pace, story, and everything in that game (the original) is pretty much amazing and super enjoyable, and the HD remake one ups just about everything. To make it better, the battle system and fun factor in the Wind Waker hasn't faded with age (IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom